PDA

View Full Version : Think Progress: Rand Paul Compares U.S. Government to Nazi Germany

AuH20
09-12-2012, 01:49 PM
hx tp://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/09/12/837441/rand-paul-compares-us-government-to-nazi-germany/

Don't read the comments if you value your health. And I wish I had a dollar for everytime I saw the word "fascist."

NewRightLibertarian
09-12-2012, 01:53 PM
I don't give those assholes the hits. If Rand did indeed compare the feds to nazis, good for him. A more appropriate comparison could not be made.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Not just the feds, but the locals too.

jbauer
09-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Oh shit really, as true as it might be sometimes its better to keep your piehole shut.

specsaregood
09-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Oh shit really, as true as it might be sometimes its better to keep your piehole shut.

If you read the intro of his new book you'd know thats the exact opposite reaction he wants to evoke.

kahless
09-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Roll Call has it to.
http://www.rollcall.com/news/Rand-Paul-Play-Nazi-Card-in-Gold-Coin-Case-217522-1.html?pos=hln

Good for Rand.

jbauer
09-12-2012, 02:25 PM
If you read the intro of his new book you'd know thats the exact opposite reaction he wants to evoke.

Books on the way I'm a tight ass and did the free shipping method so it looks like it wont be here till late next week. However, as abrasive as he wants to or needs to be comparing anything to a Nazi isn't going to win him many favors with the majority of the public. I firmly agree with him the Rmoney/RNC is about a Facist as they come but I'm a poster on an internet chatroom not someone trying to win the Presidentcy in 2016

specsaregood
09-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Books on the way I'm a tight ass and did the free shipping method so it looks like it wont be here till late next week. However, as abrasive as he wants to or needs to be comparing anything to a Nazi isn't going to win him many favors with the majority of the public. I firmly agree with him the Rmoney/RNC is about a Facist as they come but I'm a poster on an internet chatroom not someone trying to win the Presidentcy in 2016

fwiw: The intro is available free online. :)

fisharmor
09-12-2012, 02:28 PM
So, Rand used an analogy that hardcore libertarians will appreciate, that American-Idol watching idiots will misinterpret, but is 100% correct?

10 or 15 more public statements like this and I may start to like him again.

Cowlesy
09-12-2012, 02:28 PM
fwiw: The intro is available free online. :)

Pfffft. We do NOT read around here. If it can't be summed up in a 58 second youtube clip, I reserve the right to make comments without justification or merit on any topic.

jbauer
09-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Pfffft. We do NOT read around here. If it can't be summed up in a 58 second youtube clip, I reserve the right to make comments without justification or merit on any topic.

I read the intro thank you very much. Thats why I ordered the book. Frankly I didn't know he was coming out with a book but the intro sparked my interests.

July
09-12-2012, 02:32 PM
I don't give those assholes the hits. If Rand did indeed compare the feds to nazis, good for him. A more appropriate comparison could not be made.

He was right. Gold is money, and outlawing gold coins in the first place was theft from the public.

specsaregood
09-12-2012, 02:33 PM
I read the intro thank you very much. Thats why I ordered the book. Frankly I didn't know he was coming out with a book but the intro sparked my interests.

This was the part I was referring to:

This book speaks to that minority who’ve been victims of government abuse. It speaks to the irate and tireless, yet often powerless. It is meant to set brushfires in the minds of all Americans about what their government is really up to, whether behind their backs or in front of their faces.

Our Founders envisioned an America in which citizens would bully the government, not the other way around. This book is my effort to bring that America back.

he doesn't want anybody to shut their piehole.

jmdrake
09-12-2012, 02:34 PM

Yeah. It's time to quit linking to crap like that. Even broken links. People should make their own blogs where they give rebuttals and we can link to that. We need to be giving each other webtraffic and not the enemy.

jbauer
09-12-2012, 02:49 PM

Its quite exceptable to complain about government. I just think saying controverial things going into a political race are not things that should be said. Heck look at Ron's newsletters...that he didn't write...look at the heat he took for them. All could have been avoided by saying it in a more tactful yet powerful way. Shock value does nothing for me.

georgiaboy
09-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah. It's time to quit linking to crap like that. Even broken links. People should make their own blogs where they give rebuttals and we can link to that. We need to be giving each other webtraffic and not the enemy.

right on.

PierzStyx
09-12-2012, 03:35 PM

Yeah, it could. While war-like, our overlords have not yet shown themselves to be genocidal. A MUCH better comparison would be to Fascist Italy under Mussolini than Nazi Germany.

Carlybee
09-12-2012, 04:14 PM

Unlike here where we get told to shut our pieholes quite often.

roho76
09-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Yeah, it could. While war-like, our overlords have not yet shown themselves to be genocidal. A MUCH better comparison would be to Fascist Italy under Mussolini than Nazi Germany.

Uh....what? Where have you been for the last 10 years. Millions of muslims dead in the middle east due to our governments blood lust. I would definately consider our action against the Arab world genocidal. The only difference is we're not sticking them in ovens and gas chambers.

CaptainAmerica
09-12-2012, 04:25 PM
We have way bigger problems like TSA, and occupations,a possible war with Iran, and now the embassy issue...and out of all the topics Rand can compare the u.s. gov to nazi germany he chooses something insignificant and lame. Hate my opinion if you want,thats my honest one.

anaconda
09-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Rand Paul continues to exceed my wildest expectations.