PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Ambasssador to Libya killed in attack

Vanilluxe
09-12-2012, 12:02 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/chris-stevens-us-libya-ambassador-killed-142949456.html

Obama sends in counter-terrorism marines...

unklejman
09-12-2012, 01:10 PM
The comments on that article are terrifying.

You can win a religious war if you are fighting on the team that ulitmately wins in the end. Read the Bible and see that it is God's people not Islam that wins. We must support Israel!

Icymudpuppy
09-12-2012, 08:39 PM
They successfully struck a blow against the Federal Government. Hooray for them.

James Madison
09-12-2012, 08:43 PM
The comments on that article are terrifying.

At this point, I can't find the emotion to care. Everything that's transpired over the years has drained me...I'm hoping for natural selection to be more selecting that usual.

madengr
09-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Once again the unintended consequences of interventionist foreign policy. If you are damned if do (i.e. supporting democracy that results in Islamists in government), or damned if you don't (i.e. supporting dictators), maybe it's best you don't support either, but the US administrations just can't seem to do that. I know one presidential candidate who would make the third choice.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/12/us-consulate-attack-libya-gaddafi

If Muammar Gaddafi were still alive, he might give a bitter laugh at the news that the US ambassador to Libya has been killed in Benghazi. Hosni Mubarak, in his prison hospital, would growl a wry "I told you so" after the attack on the fortress-like American embassy in Cairo.

Two onslaughts in two of the cities that witnessed the historic drama of the Arab spring last year do not an Islamist winter make. But both underline the glowering and dangerous presence of the sort of radical Muslim fundamentalists whom the old regimes kept at bay and are now free to pursue their agendas. Gaddafi and Mubarak may have been unreconstructed dictators but, by and large, they did Washington's bidding while presenting themselves as the guardians of stability. And US diplomats were usually safe.

Vanilluxe
09-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Btw, Jim Demint backs Romneys comments about the incident

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romney-under-friendly-fire-response-libyan-embassy-attack-213729383--election.html

Anyway, when do we have another war? I can just see flags waving and 2001 or 2003 deja vu. Our movement is losing ground.

oyarde
09-12-2012, 11:41 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/chris-stevens-us-libya-ambassador-killed-142949456.html

Obama sends in counter-terrorism marines... The reason they were killed in the first place is inexcusable and a disgrace. Probably , has not happened , in 43 years , and for a reason ( normally , Marines are present0.There is no established govt there now, no reason for an Embassy.There were no Marines at the the Embassy , as is protocol , or it would not have happened. State Dept is responsible for Embassy . Deriliction of duty. Any surviving wives can file civil and win ,taxpayers expense, whatever they ask for. Incompetence so great , one , must ask the question, was it intentional?

oyarde
09-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Btw, Jim Demint backs Romneys comments about the incident

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romney-under-friendly-fire-response-libyan-embassy-attack-213729383--election.html

Anyway, when do we have another war? I can just see flags waving and 2001 or 2003 deja vu. Our movement is losing ground. i HAVE HEARD rOMNEY SAY NOTHING , THAT WAS INCORRECT ABOUT THIS ?

Vanilluxe
09-12-2012, 11:47 PM
i HAVE HEARD rOMNEY SAY NOTHING , THAT WAS INCORRECT ABOUT THIS ?

No, Romney blasted out this war tone statement

(Romney suggested the White House had chosen to "sympathize with those who waged the attacks" instead of condemning the attackers.)

oyarde
09-12-2012, 11:57 PM
No, Romney blasted out this war tone statement

(Romney suggested the White House had chosen to "sympathize with those who waged the attacks" instead of condemning the attackers.) That sounds about right to me , they were issuing an apolagetic statement while the walls were being breached. I think , he finally , got something right.

Vanilluxe
09-12-2012, 11:59 PM
That sounds about right to me , they were issuing an apolagetic statement while the walls were being breached. I think , he finally , got something right.

Well I wasn't pointing out about Obama, I am just stating Romney seems to support some form of retaliation (likely military) and get us in another war. He would send more than just marines.

oyarde
09-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Well I wasn't pointing out about Obama, I am just stating Romney seems to support some form of retaliation (likely military) and get us in another war. He would send more than just marines.

Quite Frankly , if anyone but Obama & H Clinton were running the State Dept , Embassies etc, you would not have had an unprotected embassy or an event like this in the first place. Who are you going to retaliate against ? Libya is where they all come( mostly , that city ) from and they used our tax dollars to take it away from dumbass and give it to them , more of Egypt, Syria, whatever

oyarde
09-13-2012, 12:08 AM
I do not think much of Romney at all , but what I heard him say was right...... best I can tell ....

Vanilluxe
09-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Quite Frankly , if anyone but Obama & H Clinton were running the State Dept , Embassies etc, you would not have had an unprotected embassy or an event like this in the first place. Who are you going to retaliate against ? Libya is where they all come( mostly , that city ) from and they used our taxdollars to take it away from dumbass and give it to them , more of Egypt, Syria, whatever

Retaliating against those ragtag terrorists of course!

oyarde
09-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Retaliating against those ragtag terrorists of course! Not sure they will ever find who did it in the first place.... Ifyou put a guard out, it does not happen , if you do not, it will ....