PDA

View Full Version : The BlazeTV to debut on DISH network

CaptLouAlbano
09-12-2012, 06:33 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nr-dish/

angelatc
09-12-2012, 06:46 AM
Who needs "The Walking Dead" when you have "BlazeTV," right?

So glad I ditched them last year. I used to sing their praises relentlessly, but they've really gone downhill in the past 5 years.

specsaregood
09-12-2012, 06:49 AM

Our contract expires this month, now I know exactly what to tell them when I cancel, thanks!

CaptLouAlbano
09-12-2012, 06:49 AM

So glad I ditched them last year. I used to sing their praises relentlessly, but they've really gone downhill in the past 5 years.

We've always had cable, so I can't speak of which satellite provider is better. What I do find interesting is how he built this network through online streaming and now has enough cash & viewers to take to to DISH. I wonder if Direct and cable will be on board shortly.

angelatc
09-12-2012, 07:04 AM
We've always had cable, so I can't speak of which satellite provider is better. What I do find interesting is how he built this network through online streaming and now has enough cash & viewers to take to to DISH. I wonder if Direct and cable will be on board shortly.

Sure, but don't forget - he's also got a big income and following from his radio show too. Off the top of my head, Mike Church would be our best bet to copy this model, but he's not been able to attract the kind of following that Beck has, by any stretch.

Broadcasting has never been easier. But getting the audience - that's an art.

sparebulb
09-12-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm very happy about this. Now I can permanently remove Dish from consideration.

I've been cable/satellite free for two years now. My strict avoidance of cable "news" has been very good for my mental health.

CaptLouAlbano
09-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Sure, but don't forget - he's also got a big income and following from his radio show too. Off the top of my head, Mike Church would be our best bet to copy this model, but he's not been able to attract the kind of following that Beck has, by any stretch.

Broadcasting has never been easier. But getting the audience - that's an art.

Oh no doubt. He does have a big audience for sure. I enjoy his show compared to a lot of the others that are on the radio. It's far more entertaining than Rush or Hannity. I catch him from time to time in the car, and while I don't agree with him on everything I don't have an issue with him. I don't need to agree with someone on everything to enjoy what they have to say - in fact it is good to get different opinions and views on issues. I'd be interested in seeing what his channel is like, though I am not going to get a dish to get it - I'll just wait to see if it comes on my cable system.

puppetmaster
09-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Over.
We've always had cable, so I can't speak of which satellite provider is better. What I do find interesting is how he built this network through online streaming and now has enough cash & viewers to take to to DISH. I wonder if Direct and cable will be on board shortly. would not be surprised if it was backed.by some Israeli lobby group or funded by the Israeli gov

CaptUSA
09-12-2012, 09:58 AM
My only interest in this is in the possibilities. Let's face it, we need a media outlet. If there's an opportunity here to help direct this outlet towards a more libertarian market, I'm all for it.

I'm not naive enough to believe Beck shares our views, but is it possible to make them see the benefit of attracting the gorwing liberty movement market?

COpatriot
09-12-2012, 10:03 AM
This is unfortunate. It's never a good thing to give a propaganda outlet and a figure as contemptible as Beck a bigger platform and audience. They might as well just put him back on FOX.

DavidK
09-12-2012, 10:05 AM
you mean that Neocon website.

CaptLouAlbano
09-12-2012, 10:09 AM
This is unfortunate. It's never a good thing to give a propaganda outlet and a figure as contemptible as Beck a bigger platform and audience. They might as well just put him back on FOX.

I thought we support the free market here. He built a business, and now that business is taking the next step and branching out into other forms of broadcasting. I say good for him. If someone else can do the same, then all the better.

COpatriot
09-12-2012, 10:14 AM
I thought we support the free market here. He built a business, and now that business is taking the next step and branching out into other forms of broadcasting. I say good for him. If someone else can do the same, then all the better.

What I meant was that this is bad for us. This is detrimental to the liberty movement. Sure he can do what he wants, but this person is a liar and will now have a louder speaker with which to mislead. This person offers some truths laced with dangerous misinformation and propaganda. He is an enemy.

CaptLouAlbano
09-12-2012, 10:19 AM
What I meant was that this is bad for us. This is detrimental to the liberty movement. Sure he can do what he wants, but this person is a liar and will now have a louder speaker with which to mislead. This person offers some truths laced with dangerous misinformation and propaganda. He is an enemy.

Well in that case we have a choice whether or not to watch his network and support his advertisers. Someone also has the option to replicate what he has done as well and build their own network.

I don't see it as being detrimental though. It doesn't change what we need to do as individual activists on a local level. It may actually help us if he is successful since Beck is very supportive of Freedom Works and that organization is very fond of guys like Amash, Rand, etc, so they may get a fair amount of airtime on his network. Either way though, it does not change what each and every one of us needs to be doing in our own local communities.

AuH20
09-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Good for Beck. Leaving Fox due to editorial conflicts ended up working out.

The Free Hornet
09-12-2012, 12:32 PM

You can be for free markets without cheering for the expansion of any particular business. E.g., if the market dipped for body bags and coffin flags, that wouldn't offend my free market sensibilities.

VanBummel
09-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Lose Breaking Bad, gain Glenn Beck...it must suck to be a DISH user.

FSP-Rebel
09-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Xfinity!!

donnay
09-12-2012, 01:17 PM
I glad I do not have DishTV. Beck is a blowhard and a shill. He is no different than the rest of the establishment presstitutes.

CaptLouAlbano
09-12-2012, 02:28 PM
You can be for free markets without cheering for the expansion of any particular business. E.g., if the market dipped for body bags and coffin flags, that wouldn't offend my free market sensibilities.

I would hardly equate Beck having a TV network to the death of soldiers. A lot of the folks that we support don't seem to share that viewpoint of him otherwise they would not go on his radio show. I see this as another outlet for Rand and others to express their viewpoints. Also it is encouraging to see that someone can essentially start a network on their own, and should be a encouragement to others who are wishing to do the same.

GeorgiaAvenger
09-12-2012, 02:46 PM
I don't get the hate on the Blaze. We share a lot of common ground. Wonder if Judge Nap could get a show on it.

puppetmaster
09-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Most beck lovers are Israel firster's from the many I see out here next to the republican HQ. These people I have talked to think they are real conservatives and think we should be fighting for Israel.....

sparebulb
09-12-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't get the hate on the Blaze. We share a lot of common ground.

“In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win. In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit.” A quote not from Glenn Beck which describes Glenn Beck.

GeorgiaAvenger
09-12-2012, 08:40 PM
“In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win. In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit.” A quote not from Glenn Beck which describes Glenn Beck.Just skip the articles you don't like. Not a big deal. However, they often have things the MSM would never report. Its a good site.

sparebulb
09-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Just skip the articles you don't like. Not a big deal. However, they often have things the MSM would never report. Its a good site.

A little too much poison for my taste. My tolerance is none.

AuH20
09-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Beck and Jones are slowly breaking the grip of the state-sanctioned big brothers in media:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2012/09/12/glenn-beck-and-dish-network-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-pay-tv-tyranny/

Whatever you think of his politics, the analogy is apt in at least one regard: The deal he just made to put his fledgling internet news channel on Dish Network may be remembered as the Shot Heard ’round the World in the battle to break cable distributors’ stranglehold on network content.

Starting at 5 p.m. Eastern time today, Beck’s channel, The Blaze, will be channel 212 in Dish Network’s 14 million households. It will be included as part of a 250-channel package, or available as a premium channel, for $5 a month, to those who receive a more basic package.

In sheer dollar terms, the deal is big but not gigantic for Beck’s company. Dish will reportedly pay a “small” per-subscriber carriage fee, which likely means 5 cents to 10 cents per month per household. In its first year, then, the agreement will yield subscription revenues of less than $16 million. That’s not earth-shattering for a man whose multi-media empire was already closing in on revenues of $100 million even before he signed a new five-year, $100 million radio contract.

As a rule, the idea of direct subscriptions terrifies the cable industry. Distributors fear it because it enables cord-cutting; media companies loathe it because any move toward disintermediation threatens their current model, in which consumers have to pay for channels they don’t want in order to get the ones they do want. The result of this convergence of interests is an absurd situation in which Time Warner tells consumers it would rather endure rampant piracy than take their money for online-only access to HBO.

As a new network with no corporate parentage and no legacy restrictions, The Blaze can afford to negotiate deals that allow it to satisfy both pay-TV subscribers and cord-cutters. If enough networks like this emerge, it could pressure the Time Warners of the world into unlocking their self-administered handcuffs and give viewers an online-only option. If that happens, Beck will have truly helped create some of that thing he loves so much to talk about: freedom.

TCE
09-12-2012, 09:34 PM
All I can think about whenever I open a Beck thread is Debra Medina, for better or worse. Beck also has a big fathomevents production that will be shown in select movie theaters. Get excited. http://www.fathomevents.com/originals/event/glennbeckunelectable.aspx

helmuth_hubener
09-12-2012, 10:20 PM
We share a lot of common ground. Except for the part about being an evil, lying, war-mongering psychopath. Other than that, I have a lot in common with Glenn Beck.

trey4sports
09-12-2012, 10:33 PM
i would prefer if Dish or DTV picked up Alex Jones. Not a huge fan but i have a lot more respect for AJ than GB.

UpperDecker
09-12-2012, 10:40 PM
I have Comcast and just found out that they carry RT, but I think that is only for a couple of markets.