PDA

View Full Version : Colin Powell !! ... Ron Paul was right.

rp08rp
11-19-2007, 06:32 AM
Now what do these jerks likes Bill O'Reilly have to say?!

I wonder how much this release has to do with OPEC saying they would consider not accepting dollars

THIS SHOWS RON IS A LEADER, and the others are FOLLOWER FOOLS

Powell: Iran far from nuclear weapon

By DIANA ELIAS, Associated Press Writer Mon Nov 19, 1:56 AM ET

KUWAIT CITY - Iran is far from acquiring a nuclear weapon, and despite U.S. fears about its atomic intentions, an American military strike against the Islamic Republic is unlikely, former Secretary of State Colin Powell said Sunday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Tehran rejects claims by the United States and some European Union countries that its nuclear program is aimed at secretly producing weapons, insisting it is for peaceful purposes only.

"I think Iran is a long way from having anything that could be anything like a nuclear weapon," said Powell, who was invited by the National Bank of Kuwait to speak on economic opportunity and crisis in the Middle East.

A recent report by the U.N.'s nuclear watchdog found Iran has been generally truthful in the information it has provided the agency about aspects of its past nuclear activities.

But the International Atomic Energy Agency said it could not rule out that Iran had a secret weapons program because of restrictions Tehran placed on its inspectors two years ago.

Asked if he sees a U.S. war on Iran coming, the retired U.S. general said although no American official will say the option was "off the table," he did not see prospects of a military conflict.

There is no base of support among Americans for such an action, Powell said, adding that the U.S. military already has enough on its hands in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Powell was the secretary of state under President Bush from 2001 to 2005. In September 2004, Powell said Iran's nuclear program was a growing threat and he called for international sanctions.

LibertyEagle
11-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Please provide the link.

FrankRep
11-19-2007, 06:38 AM
Link:

Powell: Iran Far From Nuclear Weapon

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hhx_TURxlqOeQdTUoILUjNdi2mRQD8T0J8400

rp08rp
11-19-2007, 06:38 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071119/ap_on_re_mi_ea/powell_iran_1

FrankRep
11-19-2007, 06:40 AM
We should probably let Bill O'Reilly know.

:-)

oreilly@foxnews.com

rp08rp
11-19-2007, 06:47 AM
No doubt, this is huge news for Ron

davidhperry
11-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Since I know someone is going to say it: Paul/Powell 08 :)

Actually, that's not a bad idea. That's really not a bad idea. Powell was originally part of the Bush crowd and still has massive support out there. With his military background, he could "legitimize" Ron Paul in the minds of many of those people.

LinuxUser269
11-19-2007, 06:51 AM
It would be a lot cheaper to buy the nukes from the United States government or Russia ready to go.
I think they have a drive thru window.

LibertyEagle
11-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Since I know someone is going to say it: Paul/Powell 08 :)

Actually, that's not a bad idea. That's really not a bad idea. Powell was originally part of the Bush crowd and still has massive support out there. With his military background, he could "legitimize" Ron Paul in the minds of many of those people.

Yeah, and a good way to get Paul assassinated.