PDA

View Full Version : Obama surges ahead in polls and cash: Romney campaign to declare: 'Don't panic!'

Anti Federalist
09-10-2012, 11:35 AM
GOP brilliance.

Nice job, ya schmucks.

Obama surges ahead in polls and cash, prompting Romney campaign to declare: 'Don't panic!'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2201159/Obama-surges-ahead-polls-cash-haul-prompting-Romney-campaign-declare-Dont-panic.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

PUBLISHED: 12:00 EST, 10 September 2012 | UPDATED: 12:15 EST, 10 September 2012

President Barack Obama has surged ahead in national and swing state polls after the Democratic convention and is raising more cash than Mitt Romney for the first time in four months.

The Romney campaign reaction on Monday was to blame the liberal media, dismiss Obama’s poll bounce as a post-convention ‘sugar high’ and seek to reassure Republicans with a message of ‘Don’t Panic!’

In August, Obama and the Democratic party raised more than $114 million - $3 million more than Romney and the Republican party - the first time he has been ahead in the money race since Romney secured the Republican nomination in April.

With less than two months to go to election day, Obama has opened up a small but significant gap in national polls.

In daily tracking polls released on Monday, Gallup and Rasmussen gave the President a five-point lead over Romney.

More ominously for Romney, polls in the battleground states where the election will be decided consistently show him at a disadvantage

A new Public Policy Polling survey taken after both parties' conventions found Obama leading Romney by 50 to 45 per cent in in Ohio while the two nominee were tied in Florida and Virginia – both states which the Romney campaign had hoped to have firmly in its camp by now.

Of the eight battleground states, the RealClearPolitics average shows Obama leading in seven, with Romney only ahead in North Carolina, which Obama won by just a few thousand votes in 2008 and was always considered an unlikely ‘hold’ for him this time around.

In an attempt to push back on a growing conventional wisdom that Obama is very strongly placed to secure victory in November, Neil Newhouse, Romney’s pollster, wrote in a memo about the state of the race: ‘Don't get too worked up about the latest polling.

‘While some voters will feel a bit of a sugar-high from the conventions, the basic structure of the race has not changed significantly. The reality of the Obama economy will reassert itself as the ultimate downfall of the Obama Presidency, and Mitt Romney will win this race.’

Romney advisers also point out that in 1980, Ronald Reagan, who went on to carry 44 out of 50 states against President Jimmy Carter, also trailed by five percentage points. That lead grew to almost 10 per cent later in the autumn before Reagan eventually romped home.

In an interview with National Review, a senior Romney adviser said that the media was in league with the Obama campaign to highlight bad news for Romney because the press had a vested interest in the President being re-elected.

‘Sometimes I think there’s a conscious effort between the media and Chicago to get Republicans depressed,’ the adviser said.

‘And I hope our friends realize that all these media analysts out there are Democrats WHO WANT US TO LOSE. And the more Washington DC controls our economy, the more important inside-the-beltway publications are and the more money they make.

‘The 202 area code [for Washington D.C.] is dominated by people who will make more money if Obama is reelected, so it’s not just an ideological thumb they’re putting on the scale for him, it’s a business interest.’

LibertyEagle
09-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Romney has totally let Obama's campaign define him and by his campaign's action at the RNC, has alienated a good number of Republicans. You couldn't do much more to lose, even if you were trying.

CaptUSA
09-10-2012, 11:53 AM
You know what's really sad...

If the media creates the perception of Obama surging ahead - whether real or imagined - people will follow.

They did this during the primaries over and over again. They can easily do this on a national scale. People on the margins are so easily persuaded by "who seems like they're going to win?". And since these campaigns are fought on the margins, this is where we are. Unless Romney can change a narrative, he's toast. This is why Ron Paul would have been the wisest choice. He doesn't fit their narrative.

cajuncocoa
09-10-2012, 12:02 PM

If the media creates the perception of Obama surging ahead - whether real or imagined - people will follow.

They did this during the primaries over and over again. They can easily do this on a national scale. People on the margins are so easily persuaded by "who seems like they're going to win?". And since these campaigns are fought on the margins, this is where we are. Unless Romney can change a narrative, he's toast. This is why Ron Paul would have been the wisest choice. He doesn't fit their narrative.I agree about the media, but they would have done this to Dr. Paul too. Until we have more liberty-friendly people in media (like Ben Swann) people will continue to fall for this.

ctiger2
09-10-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm calling it for Obamney already. There's just no way Obamney can beat Obamney.

dbill27
09-10-2012, 12:20 PM
The funny thing about the media and democrat narratives is they essentially always label the republican candidate as basically being Ron Paul. No matter how liberal the Republican is, we're told he's going to elimate medicare and social security and let business do whatever they want etc...

Anti Federalist
09-10-2012, 12:24 PM
I agree about the media, but they would have done this to Dr. Paul too. Until we have more liberty-friendly people in media (like Ben Swann) people will continue to fall for this.

We do, people like Jones and Church and Noory.

But, too many people have too much partisanship as to who their particular mouthpiece may be, and bash anybody else.

As a Jones fan, I'm guilty of it myself, but I try to keep myself aware of it.

So, support and listen to anybody outside the government media complex.

Alternative media > government controlled msm.

cajuncocoa
09-10-2012, 12:29 PM
We do, people like Jones and Church and Noory.

But, too many people have too much partisanship as to who their particular mouthpiece may be, and bash anybody else.

As a Jones fan, I'm guilty of it myself, but I try to keep myself aware of it.

So, support and listen to anybody outside the government media complex.

Alternative media > government controlled msm.I agree with you, but there's just one problem with that: the majority of voters listen to the MSM. It wouldn't hurt to get more voices on our side in the MSM to reach those people who won't go to alternative sites to get their "news".

CaptUSA
09-10-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm calling it for Obamney already. There's just no way Obamney can beat Obamney.Oh, I disagree... If Obamney is able to convince seniors that Obamney is dangerous, he may be able to pull an upset. Of course, if Obamney runs a strategic campaign in the swing states and puts out some good anti-Obamney ads, then Obamney might just take it. On the other hand, if Obamney can appeal to Latinos in high enough numbers to pull a certain percentage away from Obamney then Obamney might have a struggle on his hands. Either way, there's no denying how different Obamney is from Obamney. They couldn't be further apart in their ideology! But at the end of the day, we will be better served if Obamney is able to defeat Obamney.

(good grief... This actually sounds like the discussion on the cable news shows.)

AGRP
09-10-2012, 12:32 PM
lol @ 5 points. That is utter bs. More like 20-25 points. I believe that like I believe the employment numbers. Its all an illusion.

ronpaulfollower999
09-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Shows you how terrible of a candidate Romney is.

I can twit for the GOP establishment to get embarrassed in November.

jbauer
09-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Shows you how terrible of a candidate Romney is.

I can twit for the GOP establishment to get embarrassed in November.
No kidding, any decent candidate could beat Obama hands down. No sitting president has EVER been re-elected with +7.2% unemployment. As much as I think we're screwed come November and 4+ years there after, I'm still going to laugh a little inside when Rmoney looses. You litterly couldn't have picked a worse candidate to run against Dumbo. Heck I even think a rematch of 08 would have done better. Thats how bad Rmoney is.

ronpaulfollower999
09-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Lol. My stupid iPad wrote twit instead of wait. Oh well...

aclove
09-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Here it is, the "Don't Panic" memo:

hxxp://pages.targetedvictoryemail.com/Share.aspx?i=3515bc8e8997f5fdeb089c128d5ce0bc7502e 351874ef86ad2fa2b7f2e699eec

Bruno
09-10-2012, 01:29 PM
This was the GOP's to lose. All they had to do was find a candidate no one really wanted to ensure it.

cajuncocoa
09-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Lol. My stupid iPad wrote twit instead of wait. Oh well...Damn auto-correct! LOL

idiom
09-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Mitt could do it reasonably easily if he wanted too. But he doesn't believe in anything, not even himself. Obama at least believes in himself.

The electorate is craving somebody who even appears to have a clue.

nobody's_hero
09-10-2012, 02:23 PM
I think Obama will carry it, in all seriousness, come November.

I watched a bit of the DNC and the RNC conventions and I believe that the Republican party is near extinction. 3 reasons right off the top of my head, and I could probably think of more:

1) The Democrat strategy is basically to give money away to everybody. As immoral as we know it is for the government to take from some and give to others, in politics, It's hard to compete with that strategy. Ben Franklin said, "If the people ever discover that they can vote themselves money, it will herald the end of the Republic."
2) (a) The mainstream GOP consists largely of old white people (not trying to sound racist, or use democrat talking points, but, well, watch footage of the DNC and the RNC conventions and see if you agree), who play "(You make me wanna) Shout!" by Little Richard (?) when the nominee is announced. [that's not 'cool']
(b) The Democratic party consists of gays, muslims, blacks, whites, hispanics, young people who listen to Foo Fighters, Mary J. Blidge, etc. [more 'cool'] when they hold a convention. [While we know that the DNC railroaded its grassroots in much the same way as the RNC railroaded theirs, if you were an outsider-looking-in, which party would seem to you to be the real 'big tent' party?]
3) The perception is that the GOP is now the party of WAR WAR WAR! (example: John McCain), while the democrats are perceived to be the party of peace [we know that this is bullshit, because I suppose most foreigners don't see much difference just because Obama pulls out a few troops, yet continues to use indiscriminate drone strikes]

Again, I have to throw in the standard disclaimer that this post is not an endorsement of Obama. I'm just trying to picture things from the point-of-view of someone who is young and new to politics. And from that point of view, the GOP just looks like a tremendously boring place to be.

kathy88
09-10-2012, 02:43 PM
I wonder what the GOP talking point will be when Rmoney is 30 points down...

The Goat
09-10-2012, 02:47 PM

Don't believe the liberally bias msm polls, were neck and neck! and after the election it will be voter fraud!

Anti Federalist
09-10-2012, 02:48 PM

Terrorists something something.

TNforPaul45
09-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Didn't Obama put out a "Don't Panic" memo last month, when his $$ coffers were going dry? And he was desperately asking for money?

5 points two whole months out is not something to worry about. Your policy stances and your equality to your opponent in every one of your opinions, is.

devil21
09-10-2012, 04:07 PM
lol @ 5 points. That is utter bs. More like 20-25 points. I believe that like I believe the employment numbers. Its all an illusion.

This is a good point, though I won't speculate on the exact gap. The media has a vested interest in projecting a close race since their ratings depend on it. Contracting out a rigged poll is easy peasy. If the msm networks came out and admitted some huge gap like 52%-42% (or larger), voters would already start resolving to the outcome and the media loses a lot of prime viewership and therefore prime advertising dollars.

ronpaulfollower999
09-10-2012, 04:10 PM

The right wing version of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pchwcD4IPzs

DamianTV
09-10-2012, 05:41 PM
The Joker had it right.

Spill a glass of milk and everyone panics because its not part of the plan.

A thousand soldiers die in battle and no one panics because it was part of the plan.

The plan is to keep Obama in for 4 more years, of course, if Romney takes it, there will be very very little difference.

Anti Federalist
09-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Oh, I disagree... If Obamney is able to convince seniors that Obamney is dangerous, he may be able to pull an upset. Of course, if Obamney runs a strategic campaign in the swing states and puts out some good anti-Obamney ads, then Obamney might just take it. On the other hand, if Obamney can appeal to Latinos in high enough numbers to pull a certain percentage away from Obamney then Obamney might have a struggle on his hands. Either way, there's no denying how different Obamney is from Obamney. They couldn't be further apart in their ideology! But at the end of the day, we will be better served if Obamney is able to defeat Obamney.

(good grief... This actually sounds like the discussion on the cable news shows.)

http://i.imgur.com/SLFEU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mtCe1.gif

anaconda
09-10-2012, 08:55 PM

It was OK since Romney is a twit.

donnay
09-10-2012, 09:16 PM

LOL! Your ipad is smart, it knows the establishment GOP are twits! :D

donnay
09-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Don't believe the liberally bias msm polls, were neck and neck! and after the election it will be voter fraud!

Speak for yourself. There is no "were" anything. It's all a grand illusion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW8TlrYhBxk

MozoVote
09-10-2012, 09:20 PM
I began sensing this past weekend that the Dems had the momentum, and polls and analysis since then is bearing that out. People quibbled over Clinton or Obama's speeches, but they met the mark at least. The delegates left Charlotte optimistic and had a good time. News out of Tampa was of GOP delegates not really venturing about in the city. (Again, possibly because many are older and just shuttled back and forth from the convention and their hotel rooms, worried about the weather, etc.)

TheTexan
09-10-2012, 09:23 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/26533144.jpg

donnay
09-10-2012, 09:28 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/26533144.jpg

Either way...Liberty is losing badly. :mad:

Pauls' Revere
09-10-2012, 10:53 PM

They did this during the primaries over and over again. They can easily do this on a national scale. People on the margins are so easily persuaded by "who seems like they're going to win?". And since these campaigns are fought on the margins, this is where we are. Unless Romney can change a narrative, he's toast. This is why Ron Paul would have been the wisest choice. He doesn't fit their narrative.

BINGO!!

You are referring to Sympathetic Resonace, wherein a passive instrument will resonate to the frequency of like instruments even though it is not being played. For example, if there were four violins and three of them produce a tone, the foruth will do so as well without being played. The media knows this and creates the mantra for the masses to emmulate. I.E. "yes we can!, yes we can!, yes we can!".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sympathetic_resonance