PDA

View Full Version : End drug war.........Front page CNN

tod evans
09-10-2012, 06:06 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/10/opinion/sicilia-cartel-killed-son/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

A son's cartel murder, a father's crusade for peace

[snip]

The answer, you may tell me, is obvious. "Because drug traffickers are bad, and must be stopped." The answer, however, is not that simple. If it were I would not be leading a caravan for peace across the United States. Let's pose the question differently. If Mexico's President Felipe Calderon had treated drug abuse as a question of public health rather than a matter of national security, might my son and his friends still be alive today? If instead of declaring war on drug trafficking, Calderón had pursued a bilateral agenda with the United States to decriminalize drugs and regulate their use, is it possible that they and tens of thousands of other young people killed in the last six years would be still be with us?

ghengis86
09-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Big Pharma, Big Brother and Big MIC make too much money and stand to lose too much money for drugs to ever be decriminalized. It is so obvious that dreceiminalizing is the solution. You can't smoke a plant that has no chance of causing an overdose, but you can buy a bottle of Jack and drink yourself to death. Unfucking believable that we're still having this debate in 2012

Bruno
09-10-2012, 06:31 AM
Big Pharma, Big Brother and Big MIC make too much money and stand to lose too much money for drugs to ever be decriminalized. It is so obvious that dreceiminalizing is the solution. You can't smoke a plant that has no chance of causing an overdose, but you can buy a bottle of Jack and drink yourself to death. Unfucking believable that we're still having this debate in 2012

+ rep

Nailed it.

Unfortunately Obama acts as if the conversation is a laughing matter not worth having. As the head of a pot smoking club in high school, it is evident Barry's strings are being pulled by those cited above.