PDA

View Full Version : Saying Rand isn't broadly pro-liberty b/c he endorsed Romney is like saying...

stu2002
09-10-2012, 05:51 AM
Obama isn't broadly progressive because he has not collectivized farms. To both claims, the appropriate response is simply, "Look at everything else he's done." And most importantly, in supporting Romney, Rand kept a promise he made when he ran for Senate in Kentucky. That promise won him the support of the party that put him in the Senate, where, among other things, he defeated legislation that would have enabled the indefinite detention of Americans found innocent in a court of Law. Keeping one's word is justification for anything that does no harm. When it does good, all the better.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/will-defecting-from-the-g_b_1866221.html

nobody's_hero
09-10-2012, 06:51 AM
2016 is a long way off. Let me say that I broke out of my apathy because I was tired of politicians who compromised or went-along-to-get-along, and Ron Paul was the best I'd ever seen in that regard.

I didn't enter this shitty world of politics to become absorbed by it.

jbauer
09-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Rands biggest strenght is his biggest liablity to the hardcore Ron Paul'ers

Rand is a politician where as Ron isn't. Rand says what needs to be said, what we need to do is concern ourselves with is his actions/votes.

jbauer
09-10-2012, 08:42 AM
//

cajuncocoa
09-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Rands biggest strenght is his biggest liablity to the hardcore Ron Paul'ers

Rand is a politician where as Ron isn't. Rand says what needs to be said, what we need to do is concern ourselves with is his actions/votes.That's probably true. I respected Ron a lot because he DIDN'T act like a typical politician...he let his principles drive his actions, not his ambition.

stu2002
09-10-2012, 09:25 AM
That's probably true. I respected Ron a lot because he DIDN'T act like a typical politician...he let his principles drive his actions, not his ambition.

Yeah--Ron Paul wanted to influence America Polity not necessarily get bills passed

supermario21
09-10-2012, 12:10 PM
The thing that Rand is allowing us to do though is put our message in the mainstream. Rand's using his endorsement of Romney to almost be the voice of dissent or opposition in the Republican movement. He hasn't changed his views at all, he's just trying to make the tent larger to get us more integrated. This article is showing how he is using his position of power to strengthen our movement. By getting himself into the Romney camp, he's not being a bobblehead for him a la Ted Strickland is for the Dems, he's trying to move the party towards us. Give it time. As Ron said, we will be the tent in the future.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/80980.html?hp=f1

ninepointfive
09-10-2012, 01:08 PM
I'll support Rand - but am not going to volunteer my time for any more politicians.

cajuncocoa
09-10-2012, 01:14 PM
I'll support Rand - but am not going to volunteer my time for any more politicians.That's how I feel right now too. I don't think I'll be opening the checkbook again anytime soon either.

stu2002
09-10-2012, 01:15 PM
That's how I feel right now too. I don't think I'll be opening the checkbook again anytime soon either.

Yeah--now I see why people watch Reality TV as a distraction :)

ninepointfive
09-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeah--now I see why people watch Reality TV as a distraction :)

Liberty TV? wish break the matrix materialized.

cajuncocoa
09-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah--now I see why people watch Reality TV as a distraction :)Meaning...?

jbauer
09-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Meaning...?

Uhhhh because "our guy" didn't win. So he's turning off the TV