PDA

View Full Version : Fox has accepted an Obama win?

cindy25
09-09-2012, 08:38 PM
caught 10 min of a program, Pat Cadell was the Dem pundit, an ex-GOP congressman the Rep pundit. both seemed resigned to an Obama win. they even said the house in is play.

maybe Romney is trying to throw it. let Obama be the captain of the Titanic.

at some point the Fed will print too much, and it will be like Zimbabwe

MozoVote
09-09-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm watching carefully for the narrative to shift over the next week or so. Honestly I'm surprised just how much adjustment has taken place over this weekend alone. The media seems to be prepping people for the possibility that the race is not close, and that Romney is in trouble.

Petar
09-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Barring some extremely dramatic unforeseen event that causes Obama to lose, this is going to be the GOP upset of the century.

Be prepared for a Tea-Party X 100 to emerge when all is said and done.

Rand Paul 2016 will be a very good horse to bet on at that point.

FrankRep
09-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Yes, Rand Paul 2016 will have Tea Party, GOP, and hopefully Ron Paul supporter's support.

pcosmar
09-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Barring some extremely dramatic unforeseen event that causes Obama to lose, this is going to be the GOP upset of the century.

2016 is not a horse to bet on at all at this point.

Petar
09-09-2012, 09:17 PM

At least be prepared to bet on a very interesting decade in one way or another.

MozoVote
09-09-2012, 09:30 PM
2016 depends too much on what goes on in the party leading up to then. Some states have party elections in 2013, then 2014, then 2015... the establishment in quite entrenched and we'll probably see a handful of state chairman fall each year. And it's possible Rand may prefer running for senate again in 2016. Who knows.

Carehn
09-09-2012, 09:44 PM
The GOP always goes with the next guy in line. Frothy will be hard to beat in 2016.

orenbus
09-09-2012, 09:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDgkskM8BYM

orenbus
09-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Yes, Rand Paul 2016 will have Tea Party, GOP, and hopefully Ron Paul supporter's support.

lol

ronpaulfollower999
09-09-2012, 09:54 PM
The GOP always goes with the next guy in line. Frothy will be hard to beat in 2016.

Probably right.

McCain was second to Bush in 2000.
Romney was second to McCain in 2008.

Sigh.

puppetmaster
09-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Or they do this to create large and violent protests when O'Romney pulls enough electoral vote over the popular vote. The votes are rigged period. After watching the charade play out this year how can any of us feel this is not a complete fix?

acptulsa
09-10-2012, 05:49 AM
Romney was hand picked for his inability to unseat Obama. Santorum and Gingrich were promoted to get votes that would never go to the Mormon safely away from anyone who might actually beat Obama. So, why does the feigned resignation bother you? Romney was picked to run; Romney can't win; ergo Romney was hand picked to lose. Just like that.

Amazing how many Republicans think Murdoch's on their side when a quick read of his New York Post will quickly disabuse one of that silly notion.

KingNothing
09-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Romney was hand picked for his inability to unseat Obama.

No, Romney won because his largest competition was Rick freaking Santorum, Newt freaking Gingrich, Herman freaking Cain, and Michele freaking Bachmann. The Party refused to accept Ron Paul, so Romney, for all his faults, was the least bat-shit insane, least-idiotic of the non-Paul candidates. Romney won because his opponents were atrocious, not because of some... uhh... globalist elitist agenda, or whatever you're implying.

And this is a difficult election for Republicans. With Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Virginia and North Carolina all potentially going to the Democrats regardless of who the GOP nominated, and no "exciting" establishment shill to push, the GOP was probably dead in the water this time around.

matt0611
09-10-2012, 07:20 AM
No, the house is not in play. Republicans will hold a strong majority in the house. The senate is also very likely to go republican as well.

Obama will most likely win though.

specsaregood
09-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Fox has accepted an Obama win?

Accepted? Hell, they helped orchestrate it.

dbill27
09-10-2012, 07:25 AM

santorum is not the next guy in line. He was the stubborn guy who didn't drop out when everyone else did. Santorum's name won't even be mentioned in 2016

acptulsa
09-10-2012, 07:27 AM
No, Romney won because his largest competition was Rick freaking Santorum, Newt freaking Gingrich, Herman freaking Cain, and Michele freaking Bachmann. The Party refused to accept Ron Paul, so Romney, for all his faults, was the least bat-shit insane, least-idiotic of the non-Paul candidates. Romney won because his opponents were atrocious, not because of some... uhh... globalist elitist agenda, or whatever you're implying.

And this is a difficult election for Republicans. With Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Virginia and North Carolina all potentially going to the Democrats regardless of who the GOP nominated, and no "exciting" establishment shill to push, the GOP was probably dead in the water this time around.

And his opponents weren't atrocious because the agenda was to reelect Obama? You seem quite sure of this. Seems to me the Republican Powers That Be are either incompetent or simply don't want to win. You assume they're incompetent. I'm not so sure, myself. I don't know how they could have so carefully orchestrated Obama's reelection completely by accident...

Carlybee
09-10-2012, 07:55 AM
santorum is not the next guy in line. He was the stubborn guy who didn't drop out when everyone else did. Santorum's name won't even be mentioned in 2016

I think they will draft Jeb or Condi

jbauer
09-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Probably right.

Sigh.

Right but Ron was second in delgates. (not that the establishment cares) Frothy isn't going anywhere, look at what happened to Cain and Perry. Ol Frothy will put out some woman hating, gay hating, anti-everything, holier then thou commercial and he'll be done. All Frothy did this year was get the Iowa Christians to split their vote away from Paul to ensure Romney didn't come in 3rd or 4th.

jbauer
09-10-2012, 07:56 AM

Kettle, meet pot

jbauer
09-10-2012, 07:56 AM
I think they will draft Jeb or Condi

This might be giving them to much credit, but no one is stupid enough to run someone with the last name Bush again.

RonRules
09-10-2012, 08:34 AM

Actually I believe that Santorum had a job to do, which was to prevent Ron Paul from winning the mid-western states. He'll be rewarded somehow.

KingNothing
09-10-2012, 10:59 AM
And his opponents weren't atrocious because the agenda was to reelect Obama? You seem quite sure of this. Seems to me the Republican Powers That Be are either incompetent or simply don't want to win. You assume they're incompetent. I'm not so sure, myself. I don't know how they could have so carefully orchestrated Obama's reelection completely by accident...

Incumbents rarely lose, and stronger potential candidates rarely challenge incumbents because of that. It's not a massive conspiracy orchestrated by a secret cabal that is hellbent on oppressing you. It's individuals acting logically.

KingNothing
09-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Actually I believe that Santorum had a job to do, which was to prevent Ron Paul from winning the mid-western states. He'll be rewarded somehow.

No. That became his job when other candidates (Mitt), and the Party Establishment, saw that it could be his job several weeks prior to the Iowa Caucus. It was just manipulation and politics, and he became useful as events unfolded.

Remember what Carcetti did in The Wire? That.

Ivash
09-10-2012, 11:03 AM

Rand really isn't in that great of a position. I give him a 1/15-1/20 shot of winning the 2016 nomination.

Bastiat's The Law
09-10-2012, 12:23 PM
caught 10 min of a program, Pat Cadell was the Dem pundit, an ex-GOP congressman the Rep pundit. both seemed resigned to an Obama win. they even said the house in is play.

Gotta link? Thanks

erowe1
09-10-2012, 03:22 PM

There are probably some Republicans who want that. But I can't believe that Romney himself is one of them. He wants to be president.

specsaregood
09-10-2012, 03:38 PM
There are probably some Republicans who want that. But I can't believe that Romney himself is one of them. He wants to be president.

Who knows, some men get off on being cuckolded, Romney might be one of them.

Anti Federalist
09-10-2012, 03:44 PM

hey, welcome back.

Anti Federalist
09-10-2012, 03:45 PM
cuckolded

I'd plus rep ya for word usage.

AGRP
09-10-2012, 03:45 PM
It's Ron Paul's fault!

cdc482
09-10-2012, 03:47 PM

Gross. I'd happily vote for Obama over Rand without even thinking twice.

truelies
09-10-2012, 03:48 PM
why does it matter which of these Tools 'wins'? Either way the American Folk Lose. I kinda think though that BHO is a 3rd stringer in a sense that Mittens/GWB/Clinton never were or are that points to for him a big surprise at that final instant when he gets it that he was a Patsy not a Player all along.

NIU Students for Liberty
09-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Gross. I'd happily vote for Obama over Rand without even thinking twice.

Ok, as much as I dislike Rand and his tactics, his foreign policy views (including his sketchiness on sanctions) make Obama look like McCain. Care to elaborate on your Obama > Rand stance?

specsaregood
09-10-2012, 04:02 PM
I'd plus rep ya for word usage.

I do take pride in my vocabulary. I think the analogy was pretty good as well.

AbVag
09-10-2012, 04:13 PM

Some support, but not 100%. Maybe 30% RP supporter's support minimum. I won't be supporting him.

specsaregood
09-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Some support, but not 100%. Maybe 30% RP supporter's support minimum. I won't be supporting him.

He's got 3 years to convince you otherwise.

ronpaulfollower999
09-10-2012, 04:20 PM

I will (unenthusiastically) assuming there is no better alternative (other than Ron Paul, I don't see any ATM, and I don't see Ron run ing in 16).

Rand it is, but no money from me.

orenbus
09-10-2012, 04:35 PM
He's got 3 years to convince you otherwise.

He's got a lot of work to do.

HOLLYWOOD
09-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Probably right.

Sigh.FOX reports, McCain announces that "unfavorability rating of Rmoney is too high."

Are we living in THE MATRIX?

MozoVote
09-10-2012, 06:19 PM
There seems to be a closing noose of pessimism. Even this Time article referred to the FOX round table as "a postmortem explaining a Romney loss."

http://thepage.time.com/2012/09/10/the-troubles/

NIU Students for Liberty
09-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Now having having thought about it, perhaps the discussion on Fox was meant to create urgency among Republican voters and let it sink in that Obama is close to getting another term? In other words, getting the voters to turn out.

RickyJ
09-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Now having having thought about it, perhaps the discussion on Fox was meant to create urgency among Republican voters and let it sink in that Obama is close to getting another term? In other words, getting the voters to turn out.

That could be, if the election was not already rigged. I don't know which one it is rigged for in 2012, and I don't really care. We lose either way. I will be happy when it is over and people stop cheering for the candidate they think is going to save this nation. Every four years they fall for the same old lies.

jclay2
09-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Last trades on intrade (% probability of winning election): Obama 60.5 Romney 39.5.

Zippyjuan
09-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Fox doen't want Obama to lose. Who will they have to harp against?

RickyJ
09-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Fox doen't want Obama to lose. Who will they have to harp against?

This is true, but they have to at least pretend they want Obama to lose or they will lose most of their watchers.

cdc482
09-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Ok, as much as I dislike Rand and his tactics, his foreign policy views (including his sketchiness on sanctions) make Obama look like McCain. Care to elaborate on your Obama > Rand stance?

Sure. Obama is very very solid on the environment. Also, I AM a fan of Obamacare. It's not as awesome as universal health care, but it's a step. Obama seems honest, even though he has clearly lied and failed miserable when it comes to foreign policy and the drug war (I think we can blame corruption in politics as well on this one). He's okay on most social issues including gay rights. In essence, Obama sucks, but he's better than most of the GOP.
Rand Paul on the other hand hasn't done a whole lot of substance. I also don't trust him. He rallies against the TSA and toilet regulations to keep the freedom movement pacified while voting for sanctions and arguing terrible GOP talking points. There's a reason him and Hannity get along so well. Rand Paul is a typical GOP nutjob like the kind his father rallied against.