PDA

View Full Version : Help! Ontheissues is lying about Ron Paul!

noumenon
11-19-2007, 05:06 AM
OnTheIssues is a very biased source of information that many many many people are using. In forums I am constantly confronted by people who dislike Ron Paul because they were misinformed by this web-site.

http://www.issues2000.org/default.htm

They do their best to make Ron Paul look bad by displaying a great deal of what could be considered his most controversial votes in every category. For example, it says he

"Voted YES on banning gay adoptions in DC. (Jul 1999)"

which is a total LIE! That bill is HR 2587, which is to ban federal funding of gay adoptions not to ban gay adoptions all together. Why should they be given tax payers money to adopt? His vote makes sense, but they make him look like a bigot. It's completely outrageous.

Just look at how good they make the other candidates. They only talk about their 'good' votes. Note how they don't talk about any of the main candidates voting YES on the Patriot Act in the Civil Rights section. Disgusting. And they list Ron Paul under "and others..."

We need to let these people know what we think of their biased representation of the 2008 candidates and demand that they fix their lies about Ron Paul.

Please help.

coastie
11-19-2007, 05:14 AM
IMO, we need to stop letting people know what we "think" about their misinfo - because they could give 2 shits about what we think.

Offer them the facts, and the facts only. Constantly bombarding people emails with an opinion of how/why/what was reported is a losing battle. Politely correct them with the right info, and then MOVE ON.

noumenon
11-19-2007, 05:22 AM
submit@issues2000.org
You can e-mail them there.

coastie, I disagree completely. In my e-mail I did inform them of the facts, but, if all we do is point out that one mistake they are just going to change that one mistake and ignore us. We have to show our disgust for their immoral practices. Media does not like bad publicity. The more we stand up for Ron Paul the more they back down. If you don't believe me, watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DggQlFJ0xc