PDA

View Full Version : Wow, the left is just as disillusioned as WE are...

wgadget
09-09-2012, 12:31 PM
I just finished reading a bunch of articles from the progressive blog "Op-Ed News."

There were MANY articles showing that the left is onto what's really going on, they know it's a corporatocracy, they know they've been duped by Obama, they know both parties work for the bankers. It wa very enlightening and promising.

There was even a poll that the blog's editor put up with results much like our results.

Now---What can we DO about it? If only someone in a third party could gather up enough steam and money to have a good showing in November.

sailingaway
09-09-2012, 12:55 PM
yeah, that is one reason I'm still keeping my twitter account. Because I tweet and retweet on civil liberties, I have crossover left/right and I see their stuff and they see mine. There's definitely something stirring.

wgadget
09-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Blehhhh. Sailing, you're still trying to make me feel guilty, aren't you?

sailingaway
09-09-2012, 01:28 PM
no. your choice, if you don't see enough in it to want to keep your twitter account, don't. I don't like its invasion of privacy aspects either, but I have some things that weigh against that with me, for now at least.

cajuncocoa
09-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Blehhhh. Sailing, you're still trying to make me feel guilty, aren't you?Just a little tip about Twitter: unlike Facebook, Twitter doesn't demand that you use your full real name...so you have a bit more cover. It's not really any worse than having an account here.

FrankRep
09-09-2012, 01:49 PM
I just finished reading a bunch of articles from the progressive blog "Op-Ed News."

There were MANY articles showing that the left is onto what's really going on, they know it's a corporatocracy, they know they've been duped by Obama, they know both parties work for the bankers. It wa very enlightening and promising.

There was even a poll that the blog's editor put up with results much like our results.

Now---What can we DO about it? If only someone in a third party could gather up enough steam and money to have a good showing in November.

No matter how "disillusioned" they are, they'll still vote for Obama.

Watch.

wgadget
09-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Here is a story where the author discusses the poll results. There is a link in the article to the poll, which has a link to the results. If I read it correctly, the majority are voting third party.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Thoughts-on-Anti-Corporati-by-Rob-Kall-120908-758.html

Poll results: http://www.opednews.com/populum/page_poll.php?show=votes&pid=618

acptulsa
09-09-2012, 01:57 PM

Watch.

Oh, yes. They must still believe in the lesser of two evils or they'll jump off a bridge. They want to sufficiently as it is, after calling one of the corporatists of our age the 'liberal messiah' four years ago.

Well, ok, I'm exaggerating. But not much. If we had gotten Ron Paul nominated, Ron Paul would win. Romney never will, though. His true colors are obvious enough; if he has any advantage over Obama it is only in his honesty. He never really seriously tried to convince us he was anything but a corporatist and a warmonger; therefore he will lose. One must at least pay lip service to peace...

The corporatists are going to piss people off sufficiently to go outside the two party system for representation. It can be done; it just takes a general degeneration of the major party candidates to the point where people cannot stomach them. Worked to get rid of the Whig Party...

pcosmar
09-09-2012, 02:00 PM

Watch.

Considering the choices,,

:(

Aratus
09-09-2012, 02:24 PM
many of them may actually decide to go the distance by doing a protest vote

acptulsa
09-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Considering the choices,,

:(

What choice? There's the guy who promises to represent the corporations and start more wars, and there's the guy who currently represents the corporations and has started all the most recent wars.

Simply put, sooner or later Americans are going to want a little representation down in Washington. What I mean by that is Americans want a little representation in Washington, but will sooner or later want it bad enough to do something about it.

Guess we just need to be patient and be ready. I guess.

soulcyon
09-09-2012, 02:40 PM
The irony of the situation is that the "big money" came about from abusing the corporatocracy, so we shouldn't be look for people IN the system to help us get out of the system.

Philanthropy can go a long way, but who's going to throw money at a movement which may (in the end) lower the wealth of many rich people. Now, don't get me wrong - I'm just trying to play devil's advocate, I dont want to demean the liberty movement in any way. My mind has been opened up to many of the new philosophies and wonderful thinkers over the decades. But I just can't find a reason why any wealthy individual would want to promote Liberty.

acptulsa
09-09-2012, 02:44 PM
The irony of the situation is that the "big money" came about from abusing the corporatocracy, so we shouldn't be look for people IN the system to help us get out of the system.

Philanthropy can go a long way, but who's going to throw money at a movement which may (in the end) lower the wealth of many rich people. Now, don't get me wrong - I'm just trying to play devil's advocate, I dont want to demean the liberty movement in any way. My mind has been opened up to many of the new philosophies and wonderful thinkers over the decades. But I just can't find a reason why any wealthy individual would want to promote Liberty.

The wealthy always promote additional liberty--for themselves. The trick is to set things up so the rule of law prevails--meaning the wealthy can't set themselves up with additional liberty without setting everyone up for additional liberty.

The problem is making people see how they disguise our little losses of freedoms as restraints on the wealthy.

opal
09-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Maybe they need the list of states that will count the Ron Paul write ins?

pcosmar
09-09-2012, 03:28 PM
What choice?
That was my point.

Guess we just need to be patient and be ready. I guess.
Well yes.
I don't expect it to get better,, in fact I expect it to get much worse.

I do not believe for a second that they will allow any Third Party,, or any one that is not controlled by them.
They would Nuke Washington DC before they ever let a Ron Paul into office.

AuH20
09-09-2012, 04:06 PM
The left wants us to be ruled by labor unions and their pet special interest groups. They are just angry they aren't in the prime driver seat. Make no mistake about, they have no interest in dismantling the government apparatus, but rather enhancing it in their own image. A perfect example of this deception is Dennis Kucinich who wants utilize the central bank for utopian goals.

FrankRep
09-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Maybe they need the list of states that will count the Ron Paul write ins?
Throwing your vote away isn't the answer.

pcosmar
09-09-2012, 04:37 PM

What Is?

I would say that voting Republican or Democrat is throwing your vote away. Or at least,, wasting it.

wgadget
09-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Depends on your state's voting laws.

Vote strategically to send a message that They can hear.

Working Poor
09-09-2012, 05:20 PM
I found it interesting the one of the authors at Op Ed News described them self in this way

I'm a 22 year old college student with interest in social justice. I'm working on organizing a student union at my school and write for my school paper. I consider myself an anacho syndicalist/communist and am interesting in sending my message of (more...)

Yieu
09-09-2012, 05:20 PM

A write in for Ron Paul is the only vote at this point that I feel would not be throwing it away -- even if it is not counted. Throwing away a vote means voting for someone who you don't want to see win.

Cody1
09-09-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't know why they keep claiming modern day republicans as far right. It's actually kind of aggravating.

pcosmar
09-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Depends on your state's voting laws.

Vote strategically to send a message that They can hear.

What makes you think they are interested in your message,, even if they hear it loud and clear?

In other words,, What evidence do you have that they care in the slightest what you think?

If the illusion of choice is rejected, they will simply dispense with the illusion. and rule by brute force.

acptulsa
09-09-2012, 05:34 PM
I don't know why they keep claiming modern day republicans as far right. It's actually kind of aggravating.

If you're trying to herd everyone to the left, you've got to claim that the very place where our grandfathers stood is now beyond the Edge of the Earth and to stand there is to fall off.

Aratus
09-10-2012, 04:42 PM
i need to keep on reminding myself that Jill Stein is running! i wonder if she and
Gary Johnson will pull an equal number of voters away from the two big parties!

orenbus
09-10-2012, 04:58 PM

Watch.

Just like we are still going to vote for Romney? :rolleyes: I think it depends on who specifically is being talked about when referencing the left.

PierzStyx
09-10-2012, 05:00 PM
The problem is that the ideological left is just as small as the ideological right, with the "liberals" and "conservatives" dominating.

orenbus
09-10-2012, 05:04 PM
If you're trying to herd everyone to the left, you've got to claim that the very place where our grandfathers stood is now beyond the Edge of the Earth and to stand there is to fall off.

lol this political approach (trick) to convincing people happens everywhere, including even on these forums sometimes to argue a point.

orenbus
09-10-2012, 05:06 PM
The problem is that the ideological left is just as small as the ideological right, with the "liberals" and "conservatives" dominating.

Agreed, those that think outside the box can be found regardless of political persuasion, but they usually are in the minority, while the majority are made up of people that don't 'think on their feet' too much and just blindly follow what others say.

Here are a couple of great examples, it begins at an early age by the way we as humans learn and gets worse as we get older as people tend to follow blindly authority figures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIAoJsS9Ix8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5OPmuX_WZY

orenbus
09-11-2012, 09:07 AM
i need to keep on reminding myself that Jill Stein is running! i wonder if she and
Gary Johnson will pull an equal number of voters away from the two big parties!

Latest I heard it seems to be not equal numbers, GJ is getting more points from the polls than Jill Stein.