PDA

View Full Version : Obama widens lead over Romney

ronpaulfollower999
09-08-2012, 06:36 PM
47/43

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/08/us-usa-campaign-poll-idUSBRE88619X20120908

Zippyjuan
09-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Post- convention bump? A lot can happen between now and November. Throw in the margin of error of two percentage points and it is very close.

wgadget
09-08-2012, 06:47 PM
IMO, Romney's speech was fake and condescending.

Zippyjuan
09-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Describes the man well.

Brett85
09-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Convention bump. Entirely meaningless.

Anti Federalist
09-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Good.

jclay2
09-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Like it even matters. +1 trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see and western governments are broke all over the world. No president is going to stop the bond market collapse that will lead to the extreme deepening of our current depression.

MozoVote
09-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Some kind of event needs to take place to shift the trajectory of the election. Romney will be pinning his hopes on good debate performances pretty soon.

wgadget
09-08-2012, 08:32 PM
LOL. Remember Romney in the primary debates? He acted like a spoiled little turd.

Romney/Perry arguing like 5-year olds over immigration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQYg9dTE0vo

Romney the Mormon making a $10,000 bet with Rick Perry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTpgTKAL_4k

wgadget
09-08-2012, 08:33 PM
And dang...47 plus 43 equals only 90%.

Them damn Ron Paul peeps.

:)

Anti Federalist
09-08-2012, 08:42 PM
And dang...47 plus 43 equals only 90%.

Them damn Ron Paul peeps.

:)

Oh by god +rep

:D

Carehn
09-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Good. I don't want capitalism taking the blame for the collapse.

wgadget
09-08-2012, 09:44 PM
A wise man once said we don't live in a capitalist system--We live in a creditalist system. Most everything we own is bought with credit.

mport1
09-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Good. I don't want capitalism taking the blame for the collapse.

I'm sure it still will like always (despite the fact that this country has never had a free market). Go Obama!

Ranger29860
09-09-2012, 12:11 AM
IMO, Romney's speech was fake and condescending.

Are you sure you are not thinking of Romney himself? :P

MozoVote
09-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Have you ever watched interviews with losing presidential candidates, several years later? When the interviewer gets to ask "So, really - when did you begin to acknowledge, that you would lose?" The candid answer will be a few weeks before the election.

If Romney is losing (and I'm beginning to suspect he *is* losing already and needs something to change the way things are going) he'll begin a triage effort in late October to fight for a few states where he can simultaneously maintain the narative, that he's trying to win but also pull up GOP votes for downticket races. Doing ones best for the team, yadda yadda

Watch where his campaign stops laying out money. I've read that he's already written off Pennsylvania after initial speculation a few months ago he could pull it off. There will be more tactical retreats if things are not going well, and his crucial "must win" list turns into a "gotta win every one of these" list.

MozoVote
09-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Nate Silver is referring to Obama as "a reasonably clear favorite" and that "The odds are that Mr. Obama has some further room to grow"

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

Is this election already beginning the resemble 1996? When it was obvious to everyone that Dole was not gaining on Clinton, and the media had to puff their way around the real ground game, in order to make it sound interesting and competitive?

I'm more and more expecting to start hearing about how Romney "needs a good debate performance" to reshape the race.

Anti Federalist
09-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Have you ever watched interviews with losing presidential candidates, several years later? When the interviewer gets to ask "So, really - when did you begin to acknowledge, that you would lose?" The candid answer will be a few weeks before the election.

If Romney is losing (and I'm beginning to suspect he *is* losing already and needs something to change the way things are going) he'll begin a triage effort in late October to fight for a few states where he can simultaneously maintain the narative, that he's trying to win but also pull up GOP votes for downticket races. Doing ones best for the team, yadda yadda

Watch where his campaign stops laying out money. I've read that he's already written off Pennsylvania after initial speculation a few months ago he could pull it off. There will be more tactical retreats if things are not going well, and his crucial "must win" list turns into a "gotta win every one of these" list.

He's out of Michigan as well.