PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul as President...

JK/SEA
09-08-2012, 12:26 PM
IF Ron became President, what could he do to change things without Congress on his side?

1. Scale back the wars...savings?
2. roll back Executive Orders..savings?

what else?

had a friend tell me Ron wouldn't have Congressional help with many economic issues..

cajuncocoa
09-08-2012, 12:35 PM
What your friend told you is probably true. BUT...rolling back Executive Orders is a great start. Also, in keeping with his reputation as "Dr. No" I would expect him to refuse to sign anything that is not veto-proof*; also a very good thing!

*Edit to add: he would probably veto it anyway and make them override his veto just to make own the bad bills. And I approve.

RickyJ
09-08-2012, 12:43 PM
End the Fed?

Authorize the printing of US dollars putting them in direct competition with Fed dollars.

TheGrinch
09-08-2012, 12:48 PM
It would be another uphill battle, but all the more reason we need liberty-friendly folks at all levels.

However, pretty much the only time Congress ever does anything good is when pressure is applied on them from their constituents (and in this case President). Thus, this is why Ron is just one piece of the puzzle, but if there was enough support to make him or another liberty candidate the POTUS, then I'd say that would mean that our chances would be much greater to have the number of constituents needed to demand real change and responsibility from congress.