PDA

View Full Version : Update On $80 Million in Seized Gold Coins: Judge Rules They “Belong to the U.S. Governmen

John F Kennedy III
09-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Update On $80 Million in Seized Gold Coins: Judge Rules They “Belong to the U.S. Government”

Mac Slavo
SHTFplan.com
Sept 7, 2012

Given that tens of millions of Americans cheered in blissful agreement when a Democratic National Convention promotional video claimed that the only thing we all belong to is the government, it would make perfect sense that everything else belongs to the government as well.

Case in point:

In July of 2011 a jeweler’s heirs found ten double eagle $20 gold coins in a family safe that dated back to the Roosevelt administration. They then sent the coins to be authenticated and appraised by the Philadelphia Mint.

The coins come from a batch that were struck but melted down after President Franklin D. Roosevelt took the country off the gold standard in 1933.

Two were preserved for the Smithsonian Institute. But a handful more mysteriously got out.

Because the coins had never been released into circulation and were struck after Roosevelt’s gold confiscation executive order #6102 in April of 1933, the Treasury Department assumed they had originally been stolen from the mint.

Without any evidence or consideration given to statute of limitations, the government seized the coins – valued at $80 million.

The family sued in federal court and a judge has finally handed down a ruling.

A judge ruled that 10 rare gold coins worth $80 million belonged to the U.S. government, not a family that had sued the U.S. Treasury, saying it had illegally seized them.

Last week, Judge Legrome Davis of the Eastern District Court of Pennsylvania, affirmed that decision, saying “the coins in question were not lawfully removed from the United States Mint.”

Barry Berke, an attorney for the Langbords, told ABCNews.com, “This is a case that raises many novel legal questions, including the limits on the government’s power to confiscate property. The Langbord family will be filing an appeal and looks forward to addressing these important issues before the 3rd Circuit.”

Source: Yahoo News

So, the gold, which was originally stolen by the Federal government because hoarding had been forbidden by Presidential decree mysteriously disappeared from US Treasury vaults in 1933, to be found 78 years later, only to be re-stolen by the same government again.

What’s more is that the judge claims the family who found the coins in their father’s safe were actually the ones who committed the crime by seizing said coins nearly decades before any of them were ever born.

The lesson here is that the government, its representatives and the myrmidons who blindly support it believe they own you, everything you’ve worked for, everything your parents and grandparents worked for, and everything your children can expect to work for in the future.

If they want it, they will take it.

original article here:
http://www.infowars.com/update-on-80-million-in-seized-gold-coins-judge-rules-they-belong-to-the-u-s-government/

pcosmar
09-08-2012, 12:05 PM
They “Belong to the U.S. Government”

Actually No..
They belong to the Federal Reserve.. (private Foreign Bankers)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a1/Executive_Order_6102.jpg/400px-Executive_Order_6102.jpg

Dr.3D
09-08-2012, 12:10 PM
They “Belong to the U.S. Government”

Actually No..
They belong to the Federal Reserve.. (private Foreign Bankers)

~snip
I'm still trying to figure out how that executive order was constitutional.

pcosmar
09-08-2012, 12:14 PM

:confused:

I'm not,, very little of what has been done for over 100 years has been constitutional.

That's not agreement with,, simply acceptance of.
:(

tod evans
09-08-2012, 12:19 PM
When the people are out-gunned by the government tyranny rules.

Dr.3D
09-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I guess challenging the legality of this in a government owned court is a losing proposition.

John F Kennedy III
09-08-2012, 12:52 PM

It's not.

brandon
09-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Why in the world did then send their coins into the mint? I almost feel like they got what was coming to them.

susano
09-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Sounds like the family who discovered the coins were completely naive about government. Not anymore!

phill4paul
09-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Sounds like the family who discovered the coins were completely naive about government. Not anymore!

Ignorance of the law makes one a victim.

mport1
09-08-2012, 02:40 PM
In the government's eyes, everything you own (including your body) belongs to them. We are only allowed to use or rent what is rightly ours so long as we comply to their arbitrary laws. Even if you do comply with their laws, they can and do steal your property. They certainly don't follow their own laws. This kind of story doesn't surprise me at all. I've seen hundreds like it.

Revolution9
09-08-2012, 02:50 PM
I contend that the coins were stolen and fenced and the government was returning stolen property from the descendants of the fence who was originally unable to fence them due to their rarity and they would not be able to be resold or counted as a public part of any great numistmatic collection without setting off alarms.

Rev9