http://wwwn.cdc.gov/pubs/phpr.aspx

http://i.imgur.com/lbWPu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tDAuB.jpg

Sematary
09-07-2012, 10:46 PM
you really can't make this shit up

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 10:50 PM
It's actually fine, imho, if amusing. The idea is that there are similarities between emergencies, and it doesn't so much matter what the emergency is, there are things that need to be done as basics.

I bet you don't find a bunch of information in there on what sort of ammo you need to completely blow the zombies apart as you would in an ACCURATE zombie preparedness manual...

Anti Federalist
09-08-2012, 01:31 AM
It's actually fine, imho, if amusing. The idea is that there are similarities between emergencies, and it doesn't so much matter what the emergency is, there are things that need to be done as basics.

I bet you don't find a bunch of information in there on what sort of ammo you need to completely blow the zombies apart as you would in an ACCURATE zombie preparedness manual...

You are correct.

No where are guns and ammo mentioned as necessary preparation items.

phill4paul
09-08-2012, 06:29 AM
http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/07/26/company-selling-zombie-preparedness-kit/

ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta) - Preparing for a zombie apocalypse does pay off, but it’s hard work. Although battling the hordes of eBay bidders and gathering everything piecemeal could be one preferred method, an Illinois-based company has created an easier way

A picture of the items included in the Z.E.R.O. kit. (Photo Credit: Optics Planet)
Filed Under

http://cbsatlanta.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/zomb-kit.jpg?w=300

Optics Planet created a one-stop solution for zombie battlers everywhere called Z.E.R.O.

Z.E.R.O., short for Zombie Extermination, Research and Operations, is a kit that contains everything someone would need to keep alive in the end times. Initially priced at $31,375, the kit has been discounted to $23,999 with delivery available to the customer’s home or armed complex.

The kit contains a number of items for standard survival, including a first aid kit, an entire box of batteries, solar panel, and several packs to carry gear.

Optics Planet also includes science equipment such as syringes, a few beakers, and a microscope. The company, however, warns that customers should “search for a cure or you’ll search for a grave.”

Perhaps the most interesting equipment that Z.E.R.O. contains are the pieces with offensive capability. There’s a custom holographic sight with a biohazard reticle, a custom-made zombie fighting knife, and tactical gloves with ridged knuckles.

Optic Planet insists that “punching zombies is the most fun you can have.” But if punching is not your style, Optics Planet includes an OPMOD Battle Mug.

“You can go from thirst-quenching to death-dealing in less than .45 seconds,” the company says in its packaging. “We tested that.”

Despite the discounted rate and the zombie mania that’s sweeping the nation, Optics Planet has not sold very many Z.E.R.O. kits.

Brian Weiss, marketing team leader for Optics Planet, told CBS Atlanta that “it’s more of a novelty item.”

“We have a lot of stuff already that are related to zombies, and we thought it would be fun to put together a collection of all that stuff,” Weiss said.

Although the chances of a zombie outbreak are slim, Z.E.R.O. kits serve another purpose.

“We wanted to raise awareness of what could people need in a survival situation, like with the weather we’ve been having lately,” Weiss told CBS Atlanta. “We want to get people thinking about what they could use. “

Weston White
09-08-2012, 07:00 AM
What really bothers be about this entire CDC zombie thing, is that (1) in light of what has been taking place this last year (i.e., vaccinations, various "flu's", bath salt attacks, etc.), their musing are not at all humorous, (2) assuming that the likelihood of such a situation is feasible then this government bureaucracy has entirely failed to properly address the seriousness of the matter and thereby should be held fully culpable should such a similar event actually take place, and (3) these are our tax Dollars being wasted on nothing other than their juvenile amusements.

Yet another strike against the CDC; and these are the very people telling us that vaccinations are entirely safe, necessary, and should be made mandatory by law!

Carson
09-08-2012, 07:01 AM
http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/morestuff/excid_928DCD8FE6424F708D70FADD2B5FAA9Eatcarsonblhv 72sj.jpg

I saw another one I thought was pretty good. It was a comic with two frames. One was entitled, "What you think the Zombie Apocalypse will look like". The other was what it actually looks like. The first frame had your regular zombies. The second had a bunch of young people standing around. They weren't talking to each other just staring at their hand held devices.

Carson
09-08-2012, 07:16 AM
What really bothers be about this entire CDC zombie thing, is that (1) in light of what has been taking place this last year (i.e., vaccinations, various "flu's", bath salt attacks, etc.), their musing are not at all humorous, (2) assuming that the likelihood of such a situation is feasible then this government bureaucracy has entirely failed to properly address the seriousness of the matter and thereby should be held fully culpable should such a similar event actually take place, and (3) these are our tax Dollars being wasted on nothing other than their juvenile amusements.

Yet another strike against the CDC; and these are the very people telling us that vaccinations are entirely safe, necessary, and should be made mandatory by law!

Yes. Yes. They fire up the fake money presses and are able to shout down everyone.

It used to be the guy with the gold made the rules. We had a lot of people in lots of different industries that were really taking the world places.

Now we have a bunch of people, that through their counterfeiting devalue the honest mans dollar and have left him mute. Is it any wonder perfectly sound businesses can no longer function here? They sucked us so dry, no business can. Well the criminal ventures they support still seem to eek by but not by much.

easycougar
09-08-2012, 07:41 AM
I'm so sick of all of the zombie hype...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-08-2012, 08:46 AM

"Zombies" have been used as kind of a code word for preparedness for any worst case scenario for quite some time now. And yeah, weaponry is usually part of that discussion. The stupid thing is that disaster preparedness is considered a terrorist indicator by some alphabet agencies, while other agencies are finally suggesting people do it. After Katrina, we all know we're on our own if a disaster happens.

belian78
09-08-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm so sick of all of the zombie hype...
*puts on hipster glasses*
Yeah, I appreciated Romero's originals as they made the appropriate sociopolitical statement, everything else I can do without. MMMHMMMM....
*takes off hipster glasses*
:toady::D:toady:

Tod
09-08-2012, 10:41 AM
"Zombies" have been used as kind of a code word for preparedness for any worst case scenario for quite some time now. And yeah, weaponry is usually part of that discussion. The stupid thing is that disaster preparedness is considered a terrorist indicator by some alphabet agencies, while other agencies are finally suggesting people do it. After Katrina, we all know we're on our own if a disaster happens.

That is what I've concluded about all the zombie talk. "Zombie" is nothing more than a euphemism for an unthinking person (e.g. a U.N. soldier) carrying out evil orders on behalf of the elite.

ClydeCoulter
09-08-2012, 10:43 AM
And DHS too

http://www.examiner.com/article/zombie-alert-homeland-security-disaster-preparedness-tips-issued?CID=dflo-facebook-9812-HomelandSecurityZombie

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-08-2012, 11:53 AM
That is what I've concluded about all the zombie talk. "Zombie" is nothing more than a euphemism for an unthinking person (e.g. a U.N. soldier) carrying out evil orders on behalf of the elite.

I've never thought it to be that, but I suppose that could fit into SHTF as much as anything. See http://zombiehunters.org/forum/ for instance. Typically, the bigger topics there are hurricanes, earthquakes, pandemics (natural or man made), EMPs (natural or man made), asteroid strikes, etc. I'm sure there's a fair bit of talk regarding martial law there too. The overall thought process is that if things really go to hell, there will be a period of panic and starvation, followed by a period where some survivors would form violent gangs and be looking for resources. So if you had resources, they would need to be hidden, protected, or both. There's a fair bit of talk regarding localized disasters versus regional disasters versus worldwide disasters as well.

I'll just add that most people at that forum would rather not be fighting soldiers. A lot of people at that forum are soldiers, medics, police, etc. There are a wide range of people there.

RabbitMan
09-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Before you go on about wasting tax-dollars any more, just realize that this little "Zombie Prep" the CDC has done has caused a spike in the amount of people looking at their disaster preparation pages. It is an ad campaign aimed at increasing exposure, targeting younger demographics who more or less are probably unprepared and unaware about true disaster prep. It's not just a 'gag'.

While I'd rather have the CDC doing this than the DEA hunting cancer patients, I do agree that the sheer number of inconsistencies coming out of the Federal Gov't is obscene, and is an obvious indicator that it has grown too large and unwieldy.

Agency 1: "I'm going to plant informants in Mexican drug cartels and see what we can find."
Agency 2: "I'm going to run guns into Mexico to target these bad guys I just found out about. Oops, those were our plants!"

Agency 1: "To prepare for a disaster, make sure to have stockpiles of food and water and other survival items."
Agency 2: "A Terrorist is likely to be someone stockpiling food and water and other survival items. Watch these diabolical bastards like a hawk!"

Anti Federalist
09-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Bump for another thead

acptulsa
09-10-2012, 03:59 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/morestuff/excid_928DCD8FE6424F708D70FADD2B5FAA9Eatcarsonblhv 72sj.jpg

We put the treadmills all around D.C., but facing out. Then we close Reagan airport.

Zombies contained.