PDA

View Full Version : Wells Fargo Seizes Wrong House, Sells Off Couples' Belongings

stu2002
09-07-2012, 08:04 AM
TWENTYNINE PALMS (CBSLA.com) — The owners of a modest home near Twentynine Palms lost their cherished possessions after a bank mistakenly foreclosed their residence.

A crew broke into Alvin and Pat Tjosaas’ desert home and took everything after being directed by Wells Fargo to secure the structure.

The couple, however, didn’t have a mortgage on the home.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/09/05/owners-lose-possessions-after-home-near-twentynine-palms-is-mistakenly-foreclosed/

Dr.3D
09-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Sounds like a criminal and civil court case waiting to happen.

Let's see...

Breaking and entering
Robbery
etc, etc, etc...

stu2002
09-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Wells Fargo Needs TARP Money More Than It Admits

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aYpfY52Yg0I8

angelatc
09-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Sounds like a criminal and civil court case waiting to happen.

Let's see...

Breaking and entering
Robbery
etc, etc, etc...

Those laws only apply to mundanes. The courts will say it's a civil matter, and it will drag through the courts for years.

stu2002
09-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Those laws only apply to mundanes. The courts will say it's a civil matter, and it will drag through the courts for years.

But did Wells use the State to effectuate the illegal dispossession???

Any lawyers here?

stu2002
09-07-2012, 08:19 AM
http://www.brandautopsy.com/images/various/wells_fargo.jpg

angelatc
09-07-2012, 08:22 AM
To be honest, I don't think this was malicious or intentional. A clerk somewhere probably changed 123 Maple St into 231 Maple St because she hadn't had enough coffee that morning.

For all we know the papers that the judge saw had the right address, and the guy who writes up the work orders for his crew messed it up.

But the worst part for me is that I (a non-lawyer) think the courts will replace all the items they had, but hold out on the large cash bonus that should accompany the value of the sentimental items that were taken.

stu2002
09-07-2012, 08:30 AM
To be honest, I don't think this was malicious or intentional. A clerk somewhere probably changed 123 Maple St into 231 Maple St because she hadn't had enough coffee that morning.

For all we know the papers that the judge saw had the right address, and the guy who writes up the work orders for his crew messed it up.

But the worst part for me is that I (a non-lawyer) think the courts will replace all the items they had, but hold out on the large cash bonus that should accompany the value of the sentimental items that were taken.

YOU MEAN LIKE THIS FLA. LAW FIRM?

TALLAHASSEE, FL – Today Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi announced a first-of-its-kind settlement against attorney Marshall C. Watson and his law firm, one of the largest foreclosure firms in Florida, for alleged improprieties in the prosecution of foreclosure cases throughout Florida.

This settlement, which calls for a $2 million payment and imposition of certain requirements to conduct business, is the first stemming from numerous investigations into Florida foreclosure law firms.

http://4closurefraud.org/2011/03/25/marshall-c-watson-florida-attorney-general-pam-bondi-settles-investigation-against-one-of-floridas-largest-foreclosure-firms/

angelatc
09-07-2012, 08:32 AM

TALLAHASSEE, FL – Today Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi announced a first-of-its-kind settlement against attorney Marshall C. Watson and his law firm, one of the largest foreclosure firms in Florida, for alleged improprieties in the prosecution of foreclosure cases throughout Florida.

This settlement, which calls for a $2 million payment and imposition of certain requirements to conduct business, is the first stemming from numerous investigations into Florida foreclosure law firms.

http://4closurefraud.org/2011/03/25/marshall-c-watson-florida-attorney-general-pam-bondi-settles-investigation-against-one-of-floridas-largest-foreclosure-firms/

NO, THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAN AT ALL. Just the opposite, actually.

FOr starts, notice that at first glance it appears that the actual victims aren't getting the settlement. The state is.

stu2002
09-07-2012, 02:04 PM
How the Big Banks Are Trying to Destroy Our Justice System
Meet the lawyer who keeps getting Citigroup off the hook for fraud.
September 6, 2012 |

LIKE THIS ARTICLE?
Join our email list:
Stay up to date with the latest headlines via email.

The following is Part II of an investigative series on Citigroup and fraud. Part 1, which reveals that Citigroup may have defrauded Abu Dhabi of billions, can be read here.

It’s one of the few things predictable on Wall Street; an immutable signature on the reply briefs whenever Citigroup is charged with fraud – and that is quite often.

Brad Karp, a partner at the 737-attorney-strong Wall Street law firm, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP, has been Citigroup’s go-to guy for fraud allegations since the company was born out of the too-big-too-fail merger of Travelers Group insurance, its myriad Wall Street investment banks, brokerage units, and Citicorp, parent of Citibank.

http://www.alternet.org/how-big-banks-are-trying-destroy-our-justice-system?akid=9354.1085969.BJ2Qx7&rd=1&src=newsletter706089&t=10

libertyjam
09-07-2012, 02:24 PM
How the Big Banks Are Trying to Destroy Our Justice System
Meet the lawyer who keeps getting Citigroup off the hook for fraud.
September 6, 2012 |

http://www.alternet.org/how-big-banks-are-trying-destroy-our-justice-system?akid=9354.1085969.BJ2Qx7&rd=1&src=newsletter706089&t=10

Very good article!

PatriotOne
09-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Speaking of twenty nine palms. I took a short cut - or so I thought it was a short cut - from Las Vegtas to San Diego through Twenty Nine Palms. Big mistake. It was the creepiest drive I ever took. The traffic was non0-existent. Just me and 110 degrees. My car was over heating going over the mountains so I pulled over to let the engine cool. Out of freaking NOWHERE comes this black unmarked SUV and an obvious military guy though no identification was offered. He pulled in behind me...asked me where I was going and offered me a bottle of water. He must of been watching from some vantage point and when I pulled over wondered why I was stopping and wanted to see if I was snooping around. It had this AREA 51 kind of feel to the whole thing.

What the hell is up there? Anyone know? I was too freaked out to ask black SUV/black dressed military guy who appeared out of nowhere on a deserted desert road :eek:.

lol....sorry off topic but Twenty Nine Palms reminded me of this freaky place :cool:

libertyjam
09-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Twentynine Palms is the home to the world's largest Marine Corps Base. It is the
premier training facility in the world for Marine operations and ...

PatriotOne
09-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Twentynine Palms is the home to the world's largest Marine Corps Base. It is the
premier training facility in the world for Marine operations and ...

Guess I was lucky they didn't use me as shooting practice :p. That whole area has a really wierd vibe/energy. I was creeped out even before the military guy showed up.

The Free Hornet
09-07-2012, 04:32 PM
I hope they get a good lawyer and sue their pants off:

To be sure, banks and mortgage companies made mistakes like those alleged in these suits before the housing market's rise and fall. In 2002, for instance, a Nevada couple sued Countrywide Home Loans -- which was bought by Bank of America in 2008 -- for mistakenly foreclosing on their home while they were out of town. A court ultimately granted them more than $2 million in damages.

abcnews.go.com/Business/bank-america-sued-foreclosing-wrong-homes/story?id=9637897&page=2 (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/bank-america-sued-foreclosing-wrong-homes/story?id=9637897&page=2)

dannno
09-07-2012, 05:57 PM
What the hell is up there? Anyone know? I was too freaked out to ask black SUV/black dressed military guy who appeared out of nowhere on a deserted desert road :eek:.

lol....sorry off topic but Twenty Nine Palms reminded me of this freaky place :cool:

Hmm, maybe this has something to do with it?

http://maps.yahoo.com/#conf=1&start=1&q=Twentynine+Palms%2C+CA&lat=34.485052002984894&lon=-115.52913665771484&zoom=13&mvt=h&trf=0

Dr.3D
09-07-2012, 06:13 PM

http://maps.yahoo.com/#conf=1&start=1&q=Twentynine+Palms%2C+CA&lat=34.485052002984894&lon=-115.52913665771484&zoom=13&mvt=h&trf=0
Looks like some kind of tree farms and a subdivision with only one house in it.

FindLiberty
09-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Guess I was lucky...

I wonder what kind of "heat ray" they directed at your car's engine that they used to stop you... Are you sure it wasn't thermite on the hood? You would remember the bright flash and see the burned hole for sure... What was in the water that made you forget all this??? lol

Noble Savage
09-07-2012, 06:23 PM
wells fartgo stole my home

PatriotOne
09-07-2012, 07:44 PM
I[QUOTE] wonder what kind of "heat ray" they directed at your car's engine that they used to stop you...

I think it was called "The Sun" since it was 110 degrees...not to mention the long, long climb up through the hills.

What was in the water that made you forget all this??? lol

:D

I wasn't about to take a bottle of water from a guy all dressed in black military gear and had appeared out of nowhere in a black unmarked SUV on a hot desolate desert highway that I swear I may of passed 2 cars total for 50 miles. That had the makings of a horror movie written all over it.....and that was BEFORE I had ever researched all the wierd crap that goes on in our military/government. I'd be crapping my pants for sure if it happened today knowing what I know now :eek: :D.

PatriotOne
09-07-2012, 07:51 PM

Looks like some kind of tree farms and a subdivision with only one house in it.

That tree farm does look forboding indeed :p. Seriously though, what the hell is that tree farm doing out in the middle of a desert? It's drier than crap for a hundred miles in all directions. Who thought that looked like a good place to grow trees :confused:?

Carson
09-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I read some pretty good comments on this story over on Fark at lunch. Here is a link to the comment section:

Wells Fargo wants you to know it was just a little oopsie on their part, and they're sorry you lost all of your stuff

http://www.fark.com/comments/7313501/Wells-Fargo-wants-you-to-know-it-was-just-a-little-oopsie-on-their-part-theyre-sorry-you-lost-all-of-your-stuff

Or maybe it was the pictures???

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-07-2012, 08:38 PM

Actually, this is one of the bigger wins against the foreclosure mills. Even though victims were not made whole, they were at least demanding foreclosure mills follow the law. The real deal here is that banks committed fraud by packing mortgages into securities and then sold the securities. It appears in many cases, they actually lost the mortgages. They can't legally foreclose without the proper documents, so they were faking them, or having people sign affidavits that they had the documents when they did not. Judges, of course, keep siding with the banks. Just making the foreclosure mills know that they will have to pay *someone* for their own fraud in the courts is a start.

oyarde
09-08-2012, 12:42 AM

But the worst part for me is that I (a non-lawyer) think the courts will replace all the items they had, but hold out on the large cash bonus that should accompany the value of the sentimental items that were taken. Probably right , but if it was done to me , I would have a helluva big bag of scalps , someone else could sort them out .

CaptainAmerica
09-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Wells Fargo not only sent thugs into their home the bank did not return the seized properties and foreclosed a home that has no mortgage because it was built by his fathers own 2 hands and not one single bank contract involved. HOW THE FUCK does well fargo do this shit?
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/09/05/owners-lose-possessions-after-home-near-twentynine-palms-is-mistakenly-foreclosed/

Anti Federalist
09-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Some here would tell you, "it's a private company, they can do what they want, don't do business with them if you don't like it."

FindLiberty
09-08-2012, 03:41 PM
...Seriously though, what the hell is that tree farm doing out in the middle of a desert?

Now that's strange. Looking at that map image, it's just sitting there ASKING to become another crop circle (near a military base)...

lol "Nothing to see here, just move along."

MikeStanart
09-08-2012, 03:50 PM
The owners were within their rights to shoot to kill any intruder. A shame they weren't home.

phill4paul
09-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I think precedent has been set....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dfa_1341719006

madengr
09-08-2012, 04:30 PM
How can they even keep the stuff in your home? The bank may have a deed on a house, but not the stuff inside.

Anti Federalist
09-08-2012, 05:01 PM
How can they even keep the stuff in your home? The bank may have a deed on a house, but not the stuff inside.

Because, fuck you, that's how.

Sincerely,

Officer Friendly.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/files/limaswat1.gif

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Some here would tell you, "it's a private company, they can do what they want, don't do business with them if you don't like it."

Some would say "follow the law." They have clearly not done so.

I don't think you'll find many here who think companies should be able to commit fraud while stealing real estate.

You're running a bit above your normal frustration level for some reason.

I'm surprised this problem hasn't been legislated away yet, but I'm optimistic the courts can be clogged with people asserting their rights in the meantime.

Anti Federalist
09-08-2012, 06:22 PM
You're running a bit above your normal frustration level for some reason.

Eh, everybody's got sand in their vaginas or a 2 x 4 up their ass, around here lately.

When in Rome.

jtstellar
09-08-2012, 10:41 PM
problem isn't the mistake making or the nature of it, not just strictly those things. it's rather when any entity becomes bloated, the mistakes become that much more exaggerated. this bank almost resembles the police at this point, breaking into somebody's home and confiscating properties. if banks were allowed to fail and didn't have the constant backing of the judicial/executive branch, they would be a lot more careful of mistakes like these and wouldn't act as recklessly

Dr.3D
09-09-2012, 12:18 AM
That tree farm does look forboding indeed :p. Seriously though, what the hell is that tree farm doing out in the middle of a desert? It's drier than crap for a hundred miles in all directions. Who thought that looked like a good place to grow trees :confused:?
I tend to wonder what's under the ground there. Perhaps the trees are just there to make it look like something it isn't.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Eh, everybody's got sand in their vaginas or a 2 x 4 up their ass, around here lately.

When in Rome.

Don't blame ya. Just noticed is all. Wasn't sure if it was this topic or everything, but carry on however you like for sure.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-09-2012, 01:08 AM
I have personally gone pro-se against Marshall Watson for more than 2 years. They failed to answer my interrogatories because they couldn't do so without incriminating themselves. Then they got the judge to make an ex-parte ruling to change plaintiffs. (ex-parte, meaning without notification to me - where I was not afforded a hearing, or means to object.) So... somehow, everything they said in court for the last two years is wrong, and now they suddenly have a new plaintiff. Quite honestly, that's some bullshit. It means the original plaintiff needed to be ruled against or drop the suit. Keep in mind here, that I asked the judge to make rulings on several things that he ignored for 6 months, yet he made this ex-parte ruling within days against me.

I have since hired a lawyer. It seems their first move was to go undo everything I had already done, and move on with their own method of defense. I, of course, do not agree. lol. But for the moment, I will reserve judgement because the case is pending. If they lose the case on my behalf, I'll be pretty unhappy and publicly shred them over it. In the meantime, I just handed them a lot of ammo (regarding claimed collusion between realtors and Watson) that I had not brought out myself yet. We'll see what happens.

stu2002
09-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Alvin and Pat Tjosaas, a retired couple in Woodland Hills, Calif., had the bad luck of having their home mistaken for a neighboring foreclosed home and being cleared by contractors hired by Wells Fargo -- not once but twice.
The Tjosaas' home before contractors mistakenly cleared it. (Courtesy Pat Tjosaas)

A retired bricklayer, Alvin Tjosaas, 77, was the caretaker of his late parents' two-bedroom home in Twentynine Palms, about 200 miles east of his home in Woodland Hills, north of Los Angeles. He is a part owner of the home with his sisters.

http://news.yahoo.com/wells-fargo-mistakenly-cleans-retired-couples-home-twice-192508841--abc-news-topstories.html

stu2002
09-09-2012, 09:07 AM

The same people who bitch about Collectivism. "Ron Paul Forums is Collectivist."

specsaregood
09-09-2012, 09:47 AM
./

Anti Federalist
09-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Don't blame ya. Just noticed is all. Wasn't sure if it was this topic or everything, but carry on however you like for sure.

I appreciate the comment, helps me take a step back.

specsaregood
09-09-2012, 10:02 AM
The people that did this should go to jail, it is as simple as that. You start throwing them in jail and you can bet people will be double-checking before taking the risk.

phill4paul
09-09-2012, 10:07 AM
The people that did this should go to jail, it is as simple as that. You start throwing them in jail and you can bet people will be double-checking before taking the risk.

Yes. You simple don't just make a mistake when it comes to something like this. But hell, years after the fact, when a person is released from death row because information comes to light of incompetence or cover-up nothing happens to those responsible. So I don't see anything changing.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-09-2012, 10:16 AM

There are thousands of bankers and lawyers that should be in jail right now for fraud. Instead, they and their insurers were first bailed out, and now stealing property through fraud on the court. And the courts are generally complicit. This is why I said the settlement in FL is a big deal, because it's one of the few things that has not gone their way.

stu2002
09-09-2012, 10:31 AM
There are thousands of bankers and lawyers that should be in jail right now for fraud. Instead, they and their insurers were first bailed out, and now stealing property through fraud on the court. And the courts are generally complicit. This is why I said the settlement in FL is a big deal, because it's one of the few things that has not gone their way.

BETTER: “Ben-Ezra & Katz to close foreclosure business, second South Florida firm to shut its foreclosure operations”

April 21, 2011- CLASS ACTION IN FLORIDA FEDERAL COURT AGAINST BEN-EZRA- SEE http://www.scribd.com/doc/53608762/In-re-Harris-%E2%80%93-Northern-District-of-Florida-Bankruptcy-Court-Filing-v-LPS-LPS-Default-Solutions-and-Ben-Ezra-Katz
March 28, 2011- The Ben-Ezra “saga” continues, now being sued in Federal Court by the JP Morgan/Chase for holding their foreclosure files “hostage” for arrears of legal fees owed, see http://www.scribd.com/doc/51767002/Https-Ecf-flsd-Uscourts-gov-Cgi-bin-Show-Temp-pl-File-Merged-0-163427937115681-1-1301359998#source:facebook
Feb 23, 2011- Fort Lauderdale, FL- Florida Attorney General starts investigation of Ben-Ezra & Katz, P.A.. Below are the actual AG investigation notice
The case file cited below relates to a civil — not a criminal — investigation. The existence of an investigation does not constitute proof of any violation of law.
Case Number: L11-3-1012
Subject of investigation: Ben-Ezra & Katz, P.A. and Marc A. Ben-Ezra, Individually and Marvin Katz, Individually
Subject’s address: 2901 STIRLING ROAD SUITE 300 FT. LAUDERDALE FL 33312 US
Subject’s business: law firm/using deceptive paperwork to foreclose; obtain attorney’s fees which become the ultimate responsibility of the homeowner/defendant and calculate the indebtness of the homeowner/defendant.

http://takeyourhomeback.com/?p=208

stu2002
09-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Read the docs here

http://stopforeclosurefraud.com/2012/01/04/david-stern-investors-admit-foreclosure-documents-were-forged/

phill4paul
09-09-2012, 10:47 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26438094.jpg

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-09-2012, 12:00 PM
BETTER: “Ben-Ezra & Katz to close foreclosure business, second South Florida firm to shut its foreclosure operations”

http://takeyourhomeback.com/?p=208

Nice links, stu. I was not aware of that one, but not surprised by the fraud. I am surprised they were called out like that.

youngbuck
09-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Speaking of twenty nine palms. I took a short cut - or so I thought it was a short cut - from Las Vegtas to San Diego through Twenty Nine Palms. Big mistake. It was the creepiest drive I ever took. The traffic was non0-existent. Just me and 110 degrees. My car was over heating going over the mountains so I pulled over to let the engine cool. Out of freaking NOWHERE comes this black unmarked SUV and an obvious military guy though no identification was offered. He pulled in behind me...asked me where I was going and offered me a bottle of water. He must of been watching from some vantage point and when I pulled over wondered why I was stopping and wanted to see if I was snooping around. It had this AREA 51 kind of feel to the whole thing.

I'm not kidding in the least bit... out in that area I've heard several stories involving devil worshipers. The general theme is somebody acts as if they are hurt, or a fake car wreck is staged, and when a good samaritan stops to help they are ambushed. The stories I've heard, are, of course, cases where the intended victim escaped. Anyway, yea, crazy area.

stu2002
09-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Nice links, stu. I was not aware of that one, but not surprised by the fraud. I am surprised they were called out like that.

You're welcome.

Ben-Ezra and Katz came after my house:rolleyes:

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-09-2012, 07:14 PM
You're welcome.

Ben-Ezra and Katz came after my house:rolleyes:

Case dropped?

PatriotOne
09-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm not kidding in the least bit... out in that area I've heard several stories involving devil worshipers. The general theme is somebody acts as if they are hurt, or a fake car wreck is staged, and when a good samaritan stops to help they are ambushed. The stories I've heard, are, of course, cases where the intended victim escaped. Anyway, yea, crazy area.

Yikes. Wierd how I picked up all that bad energy around there without knowing a damn thing about the place. Now I know why I was so creeped out. *shivers*

I got some interesting hits googling satanism and 29 Palms. I also googled 29 palms and MK Ultra and found intreresting stuff also. Usually the 2 go hand in hand as MK Ultra uses satanic ritual abuse methods to fracture the minds and I suspect to use as cover in case the victim remembers later (blames satanic cults as opposed to our military black ops). Similar to how they use "alien abductions" as a cover for the mk ultra mind control activites. Many mk ultra victims are implanted with screen memories of being abducted and experimented on by aliens.

Anyways....here's a couple of the hits on satanism and 29 palms....

Dangerous Roads

I was driving a shortcut from Twentynine Palms, CA to Albuquerque, NM. Twentynine Palms is located in the desolate high desert east of LA. The shortcut was all two lane road through total nothingness, except for passing through Amboy, CA. Amboy is a nearly abandoned town nearly as far below sea level as Death Valley, with a dormant volcano and lava field on one side and a salt flat on the other. It was also, at the time, a hotspot for satanic group activity.
So I was driving by myself in the afternoon. I stopped in Amboy and snapped a picture of the city sign, just to prove I was there to friends who dared me to take that route to the I-40. I got back in my car and proceeded to drive up into the mountain range between Amboy and the I-40.

Once I reach the top I am driving north through a canyon with high grass on both sides of the road. Up ahead I see some stuff in the middle of the road. As I approach I slow down to see a red Pontiac Fiero stopped sideways across both lanes, a suitcase open with clothes scattered everywhere and two bodies laying face down in the road, a man and a woman.

I stop a hundred feet or so away and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up. Being a Marine, I reach under the seat and pull out a 9mm pistol and chamber a round. Something seemed very wrong, it looked too perfect as if it were staged. An ambush? Was I being paranoid? Something was just wrong. Getting out of the car seemed unthinkable, it was the horror movie move.

As I scanned the road I saw a line I could drive. Pass the guy in the road on his left, swerve to the right side of the woman, behind the Fiero and I'd be on the other side. I dropped it into first gear, punched it and drove the line I planned.

I passed the back of the Fiero without hitting it or either of the bodies in the road. I continued forward a couple hundred feet and slowed down so I could breathe and let my heart slow down. As I looked up into the rearview mirror I saw that the two bodies had gotten up to their knees and twenty or so people emerged from the tall grass on either side of the road by the car and bodies. At that moment my right foot smashed the gas pedal to the floor and did not let up until I had to slowdown for the I-40 east onramp.

I will never know what would have happened to me had I gotten out of the car to check on the bodies or stopped my car closer to them. Somehow I do not think it would have been good. Sometimes real life can be scarier than a movie.

Eugh, been to Camp Wilson yet? That place is worse than Iraq...seriously, Iraq is so much better than Camp Wilson. I'll take an extention in Iraq over going back to Camp Wilson any day. Look out for them Satanic cults off base though, 29 Palms is known to be a safe ground for them. Good luck marine.

PatriotOne
09-09-2012, 08:08 PM
I tend to wonder what's under the ground there. Perhaps the trees are just there to make it look like something it isn't.

Worst camoflauge ever....lol. Now I want to know what the hell that grove is doing out there. Go take a look will ya :p.

PatriotOne
09-09-2012, 08:16 PM
It doesnt have to rain a lot in order to get water. They just pull it from rivers such the colorado. The entire salton sea out was created from that river and then kept supplied mainly due to runoff from irrigation from all farms out in that desert.

29 palms might of been the creepiest area I had been through but driving past the Salton Sea was probably the saddest place I have driven by. Just wth???!!!! There was an interesting documentary on the Salton Sea I had watched a couple yrs ago. Use to be a resort area....lol.

Tod
09-09-2012, 09:15 PM
problem isn't the mistake making or the nature of it, not just strictly those things. it's rather when any entity becomes bloated, the mistakes become that much more exaggerated. this bank almost resembles the police at this point, breaking into somebody's home and confiscating properties. if banks were allowed to fail and didn't have the constant backing of the judicial/executive branch, they would be a lot more careful of mistakes like these and wouldn't act as recklessly

+rep!

stu2002
09-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Case dropped?

Still going on 5 years and 2 other bank law firms later.

I moved and am renting the house out :D

Dianne
09-10-2012, 05:39 AM

The banks don't have a deed to your house, in most cases. Your mortgage is sold on the stock market in pass-through certificates. These banks actually sell your Note more than once.. As long as they have a xerox copy of the first note you signed, they bundle your loan over and over again. So even if you pay your mortgage off in full, you stand the risk of someone
you don't know claiming you owe them money because the bank you are making your monthly payments too is pocketing the money and you have no clue to whom the actual debt is owed.

What's even worse, is once the bank forecloses on someone; they never return the original paperwork so they continue selling the foreclosed person's note in pass through certificates. I read last week where an expert was working up a title report on a property, and he discovered a foreclosed guy's note and mortgage were sold five times after foreclosure.

The DOJ should have had all these banksters in prison by now.

angelatc
09-10-2012, 05:44 AM

They don't keep the stuff in the house. It might vary from state to state, but the bank has to follow eviction proceedings, which culminate in the Sheriff coming and throwing the contents of the home out.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-10-2012, 08:04 AM
I appreciate the comment, helps me take a step back.

I would not have even noticed were you not one of the most level headed people I've ever seen. I'm personally prone to regular internet outbursts.

Still going on 5 years and 2 other bank law firms later.

I moved and am renting the house out :D

Haha. Awesome. I said 2 years, but it actually went 3 before I hired the lawyer. I moved out to pursue a short sale that went horribly bad, and then recently moved back in. The ex-parte trick (and behavior by the judge allowing it) was too just dirty for me to handle on my own.