PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Write-in Info: CA, NY, MI, PA, WI, ME, VA Deadlines (152 Electoral Votes)

James_Madison_Lives
09-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Here are the biggest states whose deadlines have not passed for making Ron Paul an official write-in candidate whose votes must be counted and recorded. Each state should keep a Facebook Write-in Ron Paul page to try to get a rough count of how many of us have pledged to go in and write-in Ron Paul. Where a vice president write-in candidate needs to be listed, pick someone who meets the age and citizenship requirement.

What you find out as you go down these lists is it is surprising easy to make someone an official write-in. Between just these states below are more than half of the 270 needed to win. What this means is a strong Ron Paul write-in will have a strong impact which cannot be ignored, whoever winds up winning. This will force attention to the Ron Paul message, and show that we demand to be taken seriously as a force in 2016, when Ron Paul's friend Doug Wead assures us that Dr. Paul may not have been kidding when he told us on Leno that he is "resting up" for another run.

In all cases your primary resource is your Secretary of State's elections department, which runs the show. Ask lots of questions and make sure you understand exactly what is required. Look up state Ron Paul delegates to give you a helping hand. They are the ones who can contact Ron Paul in cases where his signature is needed, which means you have to save time for a Fed Ex overnight both ways (or maybe even meet up with Dr. Paul himself!)

More research coming. Share what you find or ask questions here.

CA: 55 Electors

Needs independent confirmation: According to this report CA (http://napavalleyregister.com/news/opinion/mailbag/ron-paul-s-votes-will-be-counted/article_6127d5a8-f183-11e1-88de-001a4bcf887a.html) has already done an official write-in for Ron Paul for its 55 electors. If the report turns out to be mistaken, here are the requirements:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/2012-elections/nov-general/pdf/write-in-presidential-elector-nov2012.pdf

DECLARATION OF WRITE-IN CANDIDACY–PRESIDENTIAL ELECTOR

1. Voters in the General Election are technically voting for the 55 Presidential Elector candidates, not directly for the candidates for President and Vice President. Therefore, in order to be a write-in presidential candidate, that candidate must have 55 write-in Presidential Elector candidates file papers pledging themselves to the presidential candidate.

2. The 55 write-in candidates for Presidential Elector who have pledged themselves to vote for a candidate for President and a candidate for Vice President must file a Declaration of Write-In Candidacy, which must be received by the Secretary of State on or before October 23, 2012 (E-14).

NY: 31 Electors

http://www.elections.ny.gov/RunningOffice.html

Write-In Candidates

To run as a write-in candidate for president, you are required to file a certificate of candidacy with the State Board of Elections no later than the third Tuesday prior to the general election [Oct. 16.] The certificate must be signed by the presidential candidate and must contain the following information:

Name and address of presidential candidate
Name and address of any vice-presidential candidate, and a signed certificate of acceptance from such candidate
Name and address of at least one elector, with an acceptance certificate and pledge of support signed by each such candidate for elector.

See Election Law §6-153 (pdf 3,303KB) for further information.

MI: 17 Electors

Page 2: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/2012_Important_Dates_Filing_Deadline_346119_7.pdf

By 4:00 p.m.,
Oct. 26, 2012
Write-in candidates file Declaration of Intent forms for the November general election. (168.737a)

Michigan Declaration of Intent: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Dec-Int-Write-In_94360_7.pdf

PA: 21 Electors

State Elections Department: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/voting_and__elections/12363

More information needed. Information from 2008 web resource: http://writein2008.blogspot.com/search/label/Pennsylvania

The official election code refers to the fact that a voter who wishes to cast a vote for a write-in Presidential candidate must write-in the names of his/her 21 Presidential Electors on the ballot. However, according to a PA Bureau of Elections official, historically counties in PA have counted whatever is written in. If voters write in the actual candidate’s name, that write-in vote has been counted for the candidate. The official said that the distinction between “presidential elector” and “presidential candidate” is allowed to be blurred. However, he said that he always advises write-in candidates to contact the various counties in PA to assure that all the votes written in for them are counted as such – for example, without that communication, some counties might not watch out for various spellings of a candidates name, and end up counting them as separate votes, etc....

VA: 13 Electors

http://www.sbe.virginia.gov/cms/documents/Cidates/Bulletins/12PresGen_BAL_ACSS.pdf

Write-in votes for President and Vice President will be counted only if the
following requirements are met:

1. The candidates for President and Vice President file with the State
Board of Elections, the joint declaration of intent to be write-in
candidates. (Prescribed form enclosed.)

2. The joint declaration of intent includes a list of the thirteen
presidential electors pledged to those candidates.

3. The joint declaration of intent is received by the State Board of
Elections on or before October 27, 2012.

WI: 10 Electors

Unclear. From 2008 resource (http://writein2008.blogspot.com/search/label/Wisconsin):

The candidate must file a list of 10 presidential electors and a “Declaration of Candidacy” in the following manner no later than October 21, 2008. The list shall contain one presidential elector from each congressional district and 2 electors from the state at large and the names of the candidates for president and vice president for whom they intend to vote, if elected.*

Because of the clause below, candidates do not actually need to file the list of electors to have votes counted.

Elections Division - Wisconsin Government Accountability Board
17 West Main Street, Suite 310
PO Box 2973
Madison, Wisconsin 53701-2973

Phone: 608-266-8005 FAX: 608-267-0500
gab@wi.gov

WI Declaration of Candidacy: http://elections.state.wi.us/docview.asp?docid=1839&locid=47

ME: 5 Electors (not large but it's the principle)

This form and a consent form for each of the 4 electors named above submitted to the Department of the Secretary of State, Division of Elections, no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, September 24, 2012 (45 days before the General Election -- date adjusted for deadline falling on weekend).

Maine Electors Form:
https://maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/2012/2012gewipvppe.pdf

http://charlestonteaparty.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/electoral-map.gif

helmuth_hubener
09-07-2012, 12:25 AM
It would be cool if one (or more!) of the Electoral College defected and cast a protest vote for Ron Paul. That happened in 1972 when Roger MacBride cast his electoral vote for the Libertarian Party Pres and VP candidates. The first electoral vote for a woman, and the first and only electoral vote for the Libertarian Party.

CPUd
09-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Maine has 4 Electors. Don't know the rules about Nebraska, but ME and NE are unique, since they award their electoral votes by district.

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 05:17 AM
In California I am looking into this. I am happy to sign up as an elector, but you previously posted a link to a letter to the editor in Napa valley saying Ron already had the filing done and people could write him in. I called the Secretary of State's office to confirm this yesterday and got shuttled around to a voicemail, and no one has gotten back to me yet. I am following up on it today.

--
edit, I also just sent an email to the county recorder's office to see if someone there can tell me.

MelissaCato
09-07-2012, 06:52 AM
OK, I called the Pennsylvania Bureau of Commissions, Elections and Legislation. I spoke to Adam asking how I can get Ron Paul to win in PA, and questioned about electors. He told me ..

- PA has 20 (NOT 21 electors) electors.
- Ron Paul needs to do a notarized certificate naming his electors.
- September 24th is the Candidates notarized certificates deadline.
If Ron Paul gets a 2.5 or gets 3 million of the vote he wins.

Adam told me there is nothing I can do, Ron Paul needs to name his electors and send names via notarized certification and that his office already contacted Ron Paul's campaign about this also said it's too late to do anything now for Ron Paul. << I doubt that because he was getting angry every time I asked to confirm the deadline - telling me there no chance for Ron Paul. Once I asked 10 questions and explained the RNC Sham and read word for word off a Benn Swann article - he confirmed the September 24th 2012 deadline to me finally. Ending in good luck to Ron Paul ... LOL

I also asked if write-in count in every county in Pennsylvania and he said yes, but they are not listed officially anywhere with percents after the election, unless Ron Paul does the above by September 24th.

Ok, now what ?

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 07:15 AM
OK, I called the Pennsylvania Bureau of Commissions, Elections and Legislation. I spoke to Adam asking how I can get Ron Paul to win in PA, and questioned about electors. He told me ..

Adam told me there is nothing I can do, Ron Paul needs to name his electors and send names via notarized certification and that his office already contacted Ron Paul's campaign about this also said it's too late to do anything now for Ron Paul. << I doubt that because he was getting angry every time I asked to confirm the deadline - telling me there no chance for Ron Paul. Once I asked 10 questions and explained the RNC Sham and read word for word off a Benn Swann article - he confirmed the September 24th 2012 deadline to me finally. Ending in good luck to Ron Paul ... LOL

I also asked if write-in count in every county in Pennsylvania and he said yes, but they are not listed officially anywhere with percents after the election, unless Ron Paul does the above by September 24th.

Ok, now what ?

write-in count in every county in Pennsylvania and he said yes, but they are not listed officially anywhere with percents

I would call your county again and ask how you will find out how many votes a write in candidate got after the election.

If a write in is supposed to count, there has to be some mechanism.

In Los Angeles last time Ron WAS a certified write in candidate and I still had to do that.

Otherwise, it is a protest vote of someone who voted, but refused to vote for the named people, and those numbers are recorded.

MelissaCato
09-07-2012, 07:40 AM
I would call your county again and ask how you will find out how many votes a write in candidate got after the election.

If a write in is supposed to count, there has to be some mechanism.

OK, I called Lebanon County Board of Elections, spoke to Nick this time, he says the only way I can see or find the total write-ins for a candidate being Mickey Mouse or Ron Paul is to make an appointment and go to his office. Then I would have to tally up and number figure total write-in votes myself. You can't see them unless you go to his office. I don't have time to do this today, but I'd like to know the total write-ins for Ron Paul in 2008 for my county.

I wish this stuff was viewable online .. darn it.

ronpaulfollower999
09-07-2012, 07:43 AM
I think Florida shows write-in votes. I remember in 2008 there were a few hundrend for Hillary Clinton, and a couple Mickey Mouse ones too.

ronpaulfollower999
09-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Ok, I found a news article for Florida, but can't find where the actual tally is.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Hillary-Clinton-Wins-Most-Write-In-Votes-Jesus-Gets-23/-/475880/2061004/-/y756rs/-/index.html

I remember seeing it after the election. I'll have to look for it after my eye appointment.

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 08:12 AM
OK, I called Lebanon County Board of Elections, spoke to Nick this time, he says the only way I can see or find the total write-ins for a candidate being Mickey Mouse or Ron Paul is to make an appointment and go to his office. Then I would have to tally up and number figure total write-in votes myself. You can't see them unless you go to his office. I don't have time to do this today, but I'd like to know the total write-ins for Ron Paul in 2008 for my county.

Yeah, even though he was a certified write in, I had to bug them to get his stuff counted here.

MelissaCato
09-07-2012, 08:53 AM
So what I gather is this is all in Ron Paul's hands. Otherwise our write-in votes will just be a protest vote. Either way I'm writing Ron Paul's name in like 2008 general election. I just wanna know if I should promote a Ron Paul write-in for Lebanon County. I am more than willing to do that.

What is everyone doing ? :cool: Darn it.

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm going to attach something to the Ron Paul signs in my neighborhood along the lines of 'certified write in' once I confirm that he is, or fulfill the requirements, and likely do some facebook ads. I'm thinking of the college kids who registered for him. (See my avatar).

In your case it technically counts but it seems they won't do the work to count it which is weird. You could promote it as that, or could see if others in other counties will go in and count... but if that doesn't come together, I'd still vote for him, but not sure about promoting except to tell people what you are doing. The number between those who vote and those who vote for a named presidential candidate WILL be posted and if that number is large, it is something we can spread, however.

tuggy24g
09-07-2012, 11:24 AM
People I am with all of you all in trying to get Ron Paul's name out there to be voted on. Why can't we take this passion we have and vote for someone who might not be perfect that is actually on the ballot. Ron Paul is done for this election cycle. Ron Paul has to file to be a write in candidate. If he did that I would vote for him. Leave the guy alone until he decides to to run if he so chooses. Ron Paul said he is taking a break and not running third party. Ron Paul knows the support is there if he did run. Ron Paul just is not going to run and that is it. Let the man be and lets work on show the Republicans a thing or two. Cast your vote for Gary Johnson. I would rather vote Ron Paul in November then anything, but I do not want my voice unheard. Gary Johnson is in all 50 states (as of now) . Gary Johnson is not perfect and has a few thing I do not like, but he is my protest vote. The Republicans want him off some swing states. So would it not make sense to vote for him and boost him up this November to show the Republicans a thing or two. Show them the votes you could of gotten. Use your vote as a protest vote and tell the Republicans to go f them self.

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 11:38 AM
You are entitled to your protest vote but so are others to make a different one. The difference between the votes named candidates get and the overall number of votes is tracked, everywhere. That is a number showing people who cared enough to vote, who didn't like any of the choices. If a name on the ballot, even a name you don't want, is what you want to do because it is on the ballot, that is fine, but if they aren't going to win, to me being on the ballot doesn't make a difference. I'll vote for the guy I want, and it will still be counted as a protest vote, even if not a vote for Ron Paul. But a vote for a different person also won't be counted as a vote for Ron Paul. You should vote how you want. But so will I vote as I want to vote.

James_Madison_Lives
09-07-2012, 12:23 PM

Ok, now what ?

I would say find out who the Ron Paul delegates are in PA and ask them to help you contact Ron Paul. Great story about reading the Swann article. Sounds like they don't like us catching onto this avenue, which is a good sign we are on the right track.

Here is what I have found so far online for contact info for delegates, maybe look up phone numbers since some of these guys must be listed. No time to rely strictly on email (but send them). I would also contact Jake Towne, a leading Ron Paul Republican in PA who ran for office. Ron Paul endorsed him so he should be able to get directly to Dr. Paul. Here what I see from a quick search:

Jake Towne:

Towne For Congress
PO Box 22542
Lehigh Valley, PA 18002 

Email: TowneForCongress@gmail.com
Phone: 610-392-8156

Jake Towne fan page on Facebook (can do a "message" this way): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jake-Towne/229199005592?ref=ts

personal page: http://www.facebook.com/jaketowne

from RonPaulPA.com

http://www.ronpaulpa.com/index.php/projects/delegates

Project Delegates:

In Pennsylvania just voting for Ron Paul is only half the battle. In 2008 Ron Paul had more votes in Pennsylvania then any other state but the state still voted McCain. Delegates are elected to represent the PA GOP at the National Convention (Tampa, FL) August 27-30.

District Coordinators: (What district do I live in?)
District 1: Dale Kerns ( d1@ronpaulpa.com)
District 2: William Faust ( d2@ronpaulpa.com)
District 3: Brandom Magoon ( d3@ronpaulpa.com)
District 4: Rebekah Forney, Dave Garry ( d4@ronpaulpa.com)
District 5: Thomas Brown, Mark Brady ( d5@ronpaulpa.com)
District 6: Gary Lloyd ( d6@ronpaulpa.com)
District 7: Pat Sellers ( d7@ronpaulpa.com)
District 8: Rob Pepe ( d8@ronpaulpa.com)
District 9: Audra Cruder ( d9@ronpaulpa.com)
District 10: Billy Allred ( d10@ronpaulpa.com)
District 11: Scott Davis ( d11@ronpaulpa.com)
District 12: Lawrence Borland ( d12@ronpaulpa.com)
District 13: Ken Fichtner, Steven Gilber ( d13@ronpaulpa.com)
District 14: Andy Maul, Jared Yanovich ( d14@ronpaulpa.com)
District 15: Rich Piotrowski, Giovanni Landi ( d15@ronpaulpa.com)
District 16: Ben Sheaffer ( d16@ronpaulpa.com)
District 17: Eric Villano ( d17@ronpaulpa.com)
District 18: Elizabeth Heaton ( d18@ronpaulpa.com)

From Jake Towne's site:
http://www.nolanchart.com/article9583-ron-paul-wins-5-delegates-in-pennsylvania-romney-officially-has-zero.html

Thursday, April 26, 2012

HARRISBURG, PENNSYLVANIA - Ron Paul has won 5 delegates and at least 10, possibly 12, alternate delegates to the Republican National Convention in Tampa on August 27. These "district" candidates were directly elected in yesterday's primary per the tabulated official election returns with 99% reporting.

The delegates are Tom Boggia (CD-1), Tom Martin (CD-5), Thomas Brown (CD-5), Anthony Antonello (CD-17), and Brian Dougherty (CD-18). The definite alternate delegates are Seth Shoemaker (CD-4), Chad Nagle (CD-4), Dave Talley (CD-4), Mark Brady (CD-5), Nancy Price (CD-10), Holly Anderson (CD-11), James Sheets (CD-14), Andy Maul (CD-14), Chris Donatelli (CD-15), and Ben Bradley (CD-16). Greg Sheeler (CD-17) may have won an alternate delegate spot since two of the winners already won delegate spots. Tony Destro (CD-14) was listed by the Paul campaign as a write-in candidate and likely won the third uncontested alternate delegate spot for CD-4.

James_Madison_Lives
09-07-2012, 12:35 PM
People I am with all of you all in trying to get Ron Paul's name out there to be voted on. Why can't we take this passion we have and vote for someone who might not be perfect that is actually on the ballot. Ron Paul is done for this election cycle. Ron Paul has to file to be a write in candidate. If he did that I would vote for him. Leave the guy alone until he decides to to run if he so chooses. Ron Paul said he is taking a break and not running third party. Ron Paul knows the support is there if he did run. Ron Paul just is not going to run and that is it. Let the man be and lets work on show the Republicans a thing or two. Cast your vote for Gary Johnson. I would rather vote Ron Paul in November then anything, but I do not want my voice unheard. Gary Johnson is in all 50 states (as of now) . Gary Johnson is not perfect and has a few thing I do not like, but he is my protest vote. The Republicans want him off some swing states. So would it not make sense to vote for him and boost him up this November to show the Republicans a thing or two. Show them the votes you could of gotten. Use your vote as a protest vote and tell the Republicans to go f them self.

I would never vote for Johnson. He said the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan are "keeping us safe." Ugh. He is a Neocon.

http://www.dailypaul.com/253652/johnson-says-troops-over-there-are-keeping-us-safe

Johnson Says Troops Over There Are "Keeping us safe."

"Our thoughts and our gratitude are also with the amazing men and women of our military who are putting themselves on the line every day to keep us safe." - Gary Johnson, Sept. 11, 2011

http://race42012.com/2011/09/11/gov-gary-johnson-statement-o...

MORE http://www.dailypaul.com/253652/johnson-says-troops-over-there-are-keeping-us-safe

You cannot defend the war machine and be a Libertarian. War is the enemy of liberty.

""Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes. And armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few." James Madison

James_Madison_Lives
09-07-2012, 02:45 PM
In California I am looking into this. I am happy to sign up as an elector, but you previously posted a link to a letter to the editor in Napa valley saying Ron already had the filing done and people could write him in. I called the Secretary of State's office to confirm this yesterday and got shuttled around to a voicemail, and no one has gotten back to me yet. I am following up on it today.

--
edit, I also just sent an email to the county recorder's office to see if someone there can tell me.

Let us know what you find out, CA is huge, 55 electors. I would ask for an official confirmation on Secretary of State letterhead that the official write-in requirements have been met. I have seen others do this.

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Let us know what you find out, CA is huge, 55 electors. I would ask for an official confirmation on Secretary of State letterhead that the official write-in requirements have been met. I have seen others do this.

They always certify write in candidates before the election but by then it is often too late to fix it if it isn't done right. My intent is to get something verifiable, but my first hurdle is finding out if they did it at all. If they DIDN'T, I have work to do.

parocks
09-07-2012, 03:01 PM

Ok, now what ?

Now what? Stop thinking about this. Perhaps start a rock band? Write a book? Perhaps there a person actually running for office that you can get behind?

This is something for Ron Paul to do or not to do.

parocks
09-07-2012, 03:13 PM
So what I gather is this is all in Ron Paul's hands. Otherwise our write-in votes will just be a protest vote. Either way I'm writing Ron Paul's name in like 2008 general election. I just wanna know if I should promote a Ron Paul write-in for Lebanon County. I am more than willing to do that.

What is everyone doing ? :cool: Darn it.

Well, a vote for Ron Paul or a vote for Gary Johnson would both be protest votes.

The difference is that Gary Johnson is running for President, and his votes will be counted.

Ron Paul is not running for President and his votes won't be counted.

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 03:20 PM
None of the above votes will however, be counted, and Ron Paul's votes, if not separately counted, would be in those. So it depends on if none of the above, or a vote for Johnson, says more what you want to say, assuming Ron's vote isn't counted in your area.

In PA though, people could go into the counties and count them, since write ins are officially 'accepted'.

svf
09-07-2012, 03:31 PM
You are entitled to your protest vote but so are others to make a different one. The difference between the votes named candidates get and the overall number of votes is tracked, everywhere. That is a number showing people who cared enough to vote, who didn't like any of the choices.

By all means do whatever you want for whatever reasons you want - but I've seen this statement here a number of times now and feel compelled to point out that you will be hard pressed to find the "undervote" for president or any other offices reported anywhere other than the deep, dark recesses of your state's Board of Elections files. This is a fairly common occurrence, of course - usually it's people not voting in the "lower ballot" local offices/judges etc. and I have never seen it publicly reported or remarked upon in the media or anywhere else for that matter.

I say this based upon my experience running for office myself, researching vote counts / petition requirements and filing a lawsuit (unsuccessfully) arguing that petition requirements for 3rd party candidates should be based on number of votes cast for a given office rather than total ballots (of course the votes cast for the office were far less than total ballots which would have reduced signature requirement).

Cheers

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 03:59 PM
By all means do whatever you want for whatever reasons you want - but I've seen this statement here a number of times now and feel compelled to point out that you will be hard pressed to find the "undervote" for president or any other offices reported anywhere other than the deep, dark recesses of your state's Board of Elections files. This is a fairly common occurrence, of course - usually it's people not voting in the "lower ballot" local offices/judges etc. and I have never seen it publicly reported or remarked upon in the media or anywhere else for that matter.

I say this based upon my experience running for office myself, researching vote counts / petition requirements and filing a lawsuit (unsuccessfully) arguing that petition requirements for 3rd party candidates should be based on number of votes cast for a given office rather than total ballots (of course the votes cast for the office were far less than total ballots which would have reduced signature requirement).

Cheers

It's usually on the clerk's web site the same as the third party vote.

svf
09-07-2012, 04:01 PM

If you're looking for the 2008 Ron Paul write-in votes in Pennsylvania (or anywhere else) it's here: http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/fe2008/2008pres.pdf

PENNSYLVANIA
(21 Electoral Votes)
Obama, Barack D 3,276,363 54.49%
McCain, John R 2,655,885 44.17%
Nader, Ralph I 42,977 0.71%
Barr, Bob LBT 19,912 0.33%
Scattered W 8,180 0.14%
Clinton, Hillary W 5,014 0.08%
Paul, Ron W 3,849 0.06%
Baldwin, Chuck W 1,092 0.02%

Note the only states that counted Ron Paul write-ins were PA, CA, IL, NH & RI. (He was on the ballot in MT and LA - although he asked to be removed - and of course those votes were also counted.)

[ edit ] looks like you're only interested in one county though, so I bet you would have to go down there and dig ...

svf
09-07-2012, 04:09 PM
It's usually on the clerk's web site the same as the third party vote.

I'm not seeing any such thing here, for example... http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/sov/2006_general/

But maybe you know something I don't. Of course you could go through and do the math and figure how how many people didn't cast votes for a given office compared to total votes cast...

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 04:11 PM
If you go to the county level you will, that is how I found Ron's vote number last time. He was a certified write in candidate in California as I expect he will be this year as well.

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Looking quickly I'm not finding what I found after bugging them to count Ron's but I'm sure it is on there somewhere. It was a compilation of undervote and then a breakdown of the certified write ins.

However, even looking quickly there was this, showing ballots cast, then how many to each of the named candidates. Simple math does the rest. http://www.lavote.net/VOTER/PDFS/STATEMENT_VOTES_CAST/11042008_SVC_1.pdf

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Here was the list of write in candidates from 2008, if you scroll to the second page you will see Ron Paul: http://www.lavote.net/Voter/PDFS/ELECTION_RELATED/11042008_LIST_WRITE_IN_CANDIDATES.pdf

however when they reported the write ins, a week later or so after I'd sent a few emails and they probably heard from others as well, they reported the undervote not assigned to anyone also.

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 04:38 PM
If you're looking for the 2008 Ron Paul write-in votes in Pennsylvania (or anywhere else) it's here: http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/fe2008/2008pres.pdf

Note the only states that counted Ron Paul write-ins were PA, CA, IL, NH & RI. (He was on the ballot in MT and LA - although he asked to be removed - and of course those votes were also counted.)

[ edit ] looks like you're only interested in one county though, so I bet you would have to go down there and dig ...

But the count that started this discussion was the count between the number of voters total and the sum of the named candidates, which is the number of people who voted and refused all presidential candidates on the ballot. That number is in all states, and suits me better as a none of the above vote than voting for a different person I don't want.

CPUd
09-07-2012, 06:18 PM

Cheers

You're right- the undervote is not something that gets discussed very much. That is because over hundreds of elections in a county, it stays relatively consistent. Were an anomaly to occur, there would be interested parties to point it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKGiEiVtIc

Particularly when the trend during Presidential years is for the 'other' offices to have the undervotes, and this year, those are somehow dwarfed by Presidential undervote.

ronpaulfollower999
09-07-2012, 06:26 PM
So after further looking into it, I learned that there was only one write-in candidate in Florida (back in 08), and the others (Clinton, Paul, Mouse, Jesus) were accidentally released by some counties.

Meh.

I'm split between writing in Ron Paul, or leaving my entire ballot blank.

opal
09-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Several of the states require name and address of BOTH Pres and VP. What are you folks that can do countable write ins doing about a VP candidate????

sailingaway
09-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Several of the states require name and address of BOTH Pres and VP. What are you folks that can do countable write ins doing about a VP candidate????

I'm trying to find out if a filing has already been done, as a letter to the editor in Napa Valley said. If it has, there will be a VP. Last time in CA it was Gail Lightfoot because she put the effort together. If I end up putting the effort together I'll bring it up with the other electors. I don't think it makes a lot of difference.

James_Madison_Lives
09-09-2012, 04:42 PM

It doesn't matter much, just someone who meets the citizenship and age requirements. Must be at least 35 I believe.

tangent4ronpaul
09-10-2012, 12:38 PM
How about Judge Nap?

Are these 7 states the only ones where we can still be a write in on the ballot?

-t