PDA

View Full Version : Who will you vote for in November?

nyrgoal99
09-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Vote!!!

MelissaCato
09-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Ron Paul 2012 !!

sailingaway
09-06-2012, 08:11 PM
what she said ^^

Q11Q
09-06-2012, 08:13 PM
No one but Paul.

Eagles' Wings
09-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Ron Paul 2012 !!Glad to see another thread where we can shout out for joy- RON PAUL 2012

dancjm
09-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Ron Paul is my President.

Paulistinian
09-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Now that I've learned Ron Paul's write-in votes in California WILL be counted, I will be writing in Ron Paul.

The Gold Standard
09-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Another poll?

nyrgoal99
09-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Another poll?

Interesting to see trends as the months go by

CUnknown
09-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Who voted for Romney and Obama? You don't have the freedom to do that in the liberty movement! I cast you off the liberty island!! :D

Just kidding. Freedom means having the freedom to make mistakes!

pcosmar
09-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Interesting to see trends as the months go by

Months,, Hell every day,
Maybe there should be hourly polls, :rolleyes:

I mean we are such a fickle bunch.

NOBP

RickyJ
09-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Ron Paul 2012!

A vote for any other is a wasted vote. :D

donnay
09-07-2012, 07:47 AM
The ONLY candidate worth his salt-- Ron Paul!

"Rhetoric is a poor substitute for action, and we have trusted only to rhetoric. If we are really to be a great nation, we must not merely talk; we must act big."
~Theodore Roosvelt

Darguth
09-07-2012, 07:51 AM

And to accept the responsibility of those mistakes :)

I'm leaning towards a write-in for Ron Paul, but as I live in MI and I don't know if he'll (or someone on his behalf) will file a letter of intent I'm not sure if it will be counted. If that's the case I'll try to reconcile myself with a Gary Johnson vote. That might be hard with my total aversion to pro-choice stances though :/

Carlybee
09-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Ron Paul

TruckinMike
09-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Who will you vote for in November?

Anyone other than Obamney.

DeMintConservative
09-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Romney/Ryan.

If Obama wins, the Overton window will be pushed even more to the left. In 2016, every Republican candidate would need to run on making Obamacare sustainable, not repealing it. Plus, there's a chance Romney/Ryan can do something in terms of entitlement and budget - at least manage the decline. Obama will just destroy wealth. More importantly, judges. It's a no-brainer to me.

Origanalist
09-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Romney/Ryan.

If Obama wins, the Overton window will be pushed even more to the left. In 2016, every Republican candidate would need to run on making Obamacare sustainable, not repealing it. Plus, there's a chance Romney/Ryan can do something in terms of entitlement and budget - at least manage the decline. Obama will just destroy wealth. More importantly, judges. It's a no-brainer to me.

Why do you think Romney will appoint good judges?

DeMintConservative
09-07-2012, 08:21 AM

Because he won't be able to get away with bad ones in the confirmation process. He won't risk a Harriet Miers style debacle.

Not necessarily good judges, but way better judges than the kooks Obama has been appointing.

I have no problem with Romney's record on judges in MA btw. I think it's one of the most misunderstood points of his record.

pcosmar
09-07-2012, 08:23 AM

I'm sure he will consult his lawyers.

:(

Brett85
09-07-2012, 08:23 AM
I would vote for Romney (very reluctantly) if I lived in one of the swing states. But as it is, I'll most likely just vote 3rd party since I live in a heavily Republican state where my vote won't matter. I can vote 3rd party without having it damage Romney at all.

Okie RP fan
09-07-2012, 08:25 AM
I am abstaining.

Oklahoma will not have Gary Johnson (or any other third party, I believe) on the ballot in November.

And before people question that statement, here you are: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20120830_16_A9_OLHMIY716725

georgiaboy
09-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Georgia leans red these days.

Though I'm not sure where I'm landing yet, I won't be in the Romney or Obama columns.

For me, my vote needs to be clearly understood by the R's as a continued protest against their big gov't candidates. Undecided about how best to reflect it.

helmuth_hubener
09-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I probably won't bother to vote (what a waste of time), but nevertheless my position is:

Ron Paul 2008 2012 FOREVER! ! !

We won Campbell County, Wyoming for Ron Paul this round, and I see no reason not to do the same in 2016. And 2020. And forever. Just for fun.

Origanalist
09-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Because he won't be able to get away with bad ones in the confirmation process. He won't risk a Harriet Miers style debacle.

Not necessarily good judges, but way better judges than the kooks Obama has been appointing.

I have no problem with Romney's record on judges in MA btw. I think it's one of the most misunderstood points of his record.

Wow! Good luck with the abused spouse syndrome. Also, nice non-answer on the judges. You never addressed the "why".

wgadget
09-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Since my state has sore loser laws, I will be voting GJ. IF by some chance he's not on the ballot, I will leave the Presidential slot blank.

specsaregood
09-07-2012, 09:03 AM
I don't understand why the OP would leave the constitution party candidate off the options. He is trying to get our votes.

Just look at the issues Ron has run on: audit the Fed, the gold standard, and a non-interventionist foreign policy. That’s our platform! Campaigning on the issues that matter most to those who believe in the Constitution will resonate with Ron Paul supporters.
--Virgil Goode Constitution Party candidate 2012.

http://www.goodeforpresident2012.com/campaign-news.html

DeMintConservative
09-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Wow! Good luck with the abused spouse syndrome.

Nah, I don't think it's the case.

Also, nice non-answer on the judges. You never addressed the "why".

I think I did:

Why do you think this isn't addressing the why?

D.A.S.
09-07-2012, 09:15 AM

Yea, Republicans appointed grrrrreat judges, didn't they... They gave us "corporations are people, too". If it weren't for the so-called liberal judges in the Supreme Court panel, our liberties would go down the tubes a lot faster than they have. The only person who would pick GOOD judges would be Ron Paul. Lacking that, I'd rather take my chances with the Democratic appointments which tend to be more liberty-friendly.

Darguth
09-07-2012, 09:17 AM
I don't understand why the OP would leave the constitution party candidate off the options. He is trying to get our votes.

http://www.goodeforpresident2012.com/campaign-news.html

He probably should have been included, but I think he likely fits the mold of a liberty candidate even less than Johnson does. He's got a pretty terrible record on civil liberties and has plenty of pro-Big Government spending votes on his record as well.

specsaregood
09-07-2012, 09:20 AM
He probably should have been included, but I think he likely fits the mold of a liberty candidate even less than Johnson does. He's got a pretty terrible record on civil liberties and has plenty of pro-Big Government spending votes on his record as well.

Well if that is the criteria than johnson shouldn't be on the list either. Besides, Goode claims to have come around and been educated, he was a part of Dr. Pauls liberty caucus in the house and is pushing much of our platform. He is pushing an non-interventionist foreign policy vs. Johnson wanting to go get Kony -- thats a major issue for me. I'd say he fits the mold just as well as johnson.

As far as a non-interventionist foreign policy goes, let me say this to begin with: I’ve learned a lot in my years as a member of the Executive Committee of the Constitution Party. Some votes I cast in Congress were not well matched with Constitutional principles. I oppose the Patriot Act provisions and the NDAA [National Defense Authorization Act] that trample on the Constitutional rights of U.S. citizens. I do not believe we should be involved in wars that have not been declared by Congress as specifically provided in the U.S. Constitution, so we must come home from Afghanistan. And I don’t think we can afford—nor is it strategically necessary—to have military bases all over the world. We owe too much money to underwrite the stationing of so many troops all around the world. Finally, I am against placing our armed forces under United Nations command.

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Romney/Ryan.

plus rep for courage! :p

DeMintConservative
09-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Yea, Republicans appointed grrrrreat judges, didn't they... They gave us "corporations are people, too". If it weren't for the so-called liberal judges in the Supreme Court panel, our liberties would go down the tubes a lot faster than they have. The only person who would pick GOOD judges would be Ron Paul. Lacking that, I'd rather take my chances with the Democratic appointments which tend to be more liberty-friendly.

I completely disagree. You probably don't care much for the 2nd Amendment to say such a thing. What exactly are the cases in which you believe the liberal block took the more liberty-friendly position? I can't think of a single one.

"Corporations are people, too" was given to us by the Marshall court in the early 19th century. I have no idea why you think that corporate personhood is anti-liberty. Plus, you're probably reading or watching too much liberal crap if you're convinced that Citizens United was about corporate personhood or that the concept is somewhat novel.

Origanalist
09-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Nah, I don't think it's the case.

I think I did:

Why do you think this isn't addressing the why?

You are stating opinion and projection as fact, there is nothing I can see in Romneys past actions to support your opinion. One would think that so soon after GW Bush that people wouldn't fall into that trap.

DGambler
09-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Georgia leans red these days.

Though I'm not sure where I'm landing yet, I won't be in the Romney or Obama columns.

For me, my vote needs to be clearly understood by the R's as a continued protest against their big gov't candidates. Undecided about how best to reflect it.

I live in GA as well, I'll either:
Write in Paul - vote wont count
Vote Johnson
Vote on everything but the president

DeMintConservative
09-07-2012, 09:31 AM
You are stating opinion and projection as fact, there is nothing I can see in Romneys past actions to support your opinion. One would think that so soon after GW Bush that people wouldn't fall into that trap.

You seem to be misunderstanding ,my argument. You can't see nothing in Romney's past actions that supports the viewpoint he won't buy a silly war that might jeopardize his chances of re-election?

GWB is actually a good example: Alito and Roberts, especially the later, aren't ideal, but they certainly are much better than any Justice appointed by Obama or Clinton and it's not even close.

There's simply too large of a difference between judges nominated by Republican and Democrat presidents to pretend it doesn't matter.

wgadget
09-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Yay, Roberts! He is solely responsible for NOT killing Obamacare.

Great.

Origanalist
09-07-2012, 09:45 AM
You seem to be misunderstanding ,my argument. You can't see nothing in Romney's past actions that supports the viewpoint he won't buy a silly war that might jeopardize his chances of re-election?

GWB is actually a good example: Alito and Roberts, especially the later, aren't ideal, but they certainly are much better than any Justice appointed by Obama or Clinton and it's not even close.

There's simply too large of a difference between judges nominated by Republican and Democrat presidents to pretend it doesn't matter.

No, I can't see nothing. What I see is a man who says one thing and does another, shades of John McCain. How long before he calls you a Hobbit?

georgiaboy
09-07-2012, 09:48 AM

In America today, your approach is how the majority views the issue. Your argument is clearly understood, and repeated every cycle, on every outlet, everywhere, all the time.

Thank you.

"The Ayes Have It"

Darguth
09-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Well if that is the criteria than johnson shouldn't be on the list either. Besides, Goode claims to have come around and been educated, he was a part of Dr. Pauls liberty caucus in the house and is pushing much of our platform. He is pushing an non-interventionist foreign policy vs. Johnson wanting to go get Kony -- thats a major issue for me. I'd say he fits the mold just as well as johnson.
As far as a non-interventionist foreign policy goes, let me say this to begin with: I’ve learned a lot in my years as a member of the Executive Committee of the Constitution Party. Some votes I cast in Congress were not well matched with Constitutional principles. I oppose the Patriot Act provisions and the NDAA [National Defense Authorization Act] that trample on the Constitutional rights of U.S. citizens. I do not believe we should be involved in wars that have not been declared by Congress as specifically provided in the U.S. Constitution, so we must come home from Afghanistan. And I don’t think we can afford—nor is it strategically necessary—to have military bases all over the world. We owe too much money to underwrite the stationing of so many troops all around the world. Finally, I am against placing our armed forces under United Nations command.

Not to draw this into an argument (though I likely will) but words are cheap. If I believed politicians with a long history of voting/governing one way but now say they "know better, and will do it differently" were being genuine...I'd be voting for Romney.

I'm not so extreme as to hold a few bad past votes against someone indefinitely, but he has quite the track record of bad civil liberties votes. I'm not aware of anything since that time which points to a genuine reversal of opinion.

If you have information regarding actions (not words) of Mr. Goode in the last several years that highlights a genuine conversion, honestly I'm all ears and would love to see it. I was just looking into Goode this past weekend hoping he might be a viable--or even palatable--alternative to Gary Johnson but came to the conclusion that he was not. If you can convince me otherwise, I'd be thrilled. Like I said right now I'm planning on a write-in for Ron Paul but in MI it likely won't count, so I'd like somewhere to place a protest vote that doesn't violate my principles either.

ronpaulhawaii
09-07-2012, 09:50 AM
NOBP for me.

I can see logic in almost all choices. I do find the people who think Mitt has a chance as being overly optimistic.

Here is a screenshot from the Election Forecast Blog (http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/) which has O's chances of winning @77.3% vs M's 22.7%

truthsaga
09-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Johnson - I don't want my ballot voided. Say what you want about Johnson, but a vote for a candidate talking about the drug war and audit the fed is 100% better than the other two talking about how they can better manage authority.

specsaregood
09-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Not to draw this into an argument (though I likely will) but words are cheap. If I believed politicians with a long history of voting/governing one way but now say they "know better, and will do it differently" were being genuine...I'd be voting for Romney.

I'm not so extreme as to hold a few bad past votes against someone indefinitely, but he has quite the track record of bad civil liberties votes. I'm not aware of anything since that time which points to a genuine reversal of opinion.

If you have information regarding actions (not words) of Mr. Goode in the last several years that highlights a genuine conversion, honestly I'm all ears and would love to see it. I was just looking into Goode this past weekend hoping he might be a viable--or even palatable--alternative to Gary Johnson but came to the conclusion that he was not. If you can convince me otherwise, I'd be thrilled. Like I said right now I'm planning on a write-in for Ron Paul but in MI it likely won't count, so I'd like somewhere to place a protest vote that doesn't violate my principles either.

But are you voting for a 3rd party candidate because you actually expect them to win? Or because you support the message they are pushing during this campaign cycle?
if it is the former, then by all means hold his past against him (hell he used to be a democrat!). but if it is the latter, then his past is irrelevent as his platform/message is very close to pauls on the major issues. and better than johnson on war and military presence.

Darguth
09-07-2012, 10:01 AM
But are you voting for a 3rd party candidate because you actually expect them to win? Or because you support the message they are pushing during this campaign cycle?
if it is the former, then by all means hold his past against him (hell he used to be a democrat!). but if it is the latter, then his past is irrelevent as his platform/message is very close to pauls on the major issues. and better than johnson on the war.

I see the validity in that view, but I would state that the value of the message a candidate is pushing during the campaign cycle is tied to the conviction of the candidate in that message. The message is not only distorted but becomes much more prone to attack if delivered by an insincere candidate (or one easily perceived as insincere).

sailingaway
09-07-2012, 10:04 AM
I see the validity in that view, but I would state that the value of the message a candidate is pushing during the campaign cycle is tied to the conviction of the candidate in that message. The message is not only distorted but becomes much more prone to attack if delivered by an insincere candidate (or one easily perceived as insincere).

Actually, one of the reasons I am writing in Ron rather than voting for someone who mouths the right words, today, is to show that mouthing the words at election time doesn't cut it with me. That goes to ALL of the other candidates, so I am writing Ron in. But that is just my personal point of view.

specsaregood
09-07-2012, 10:07 AM

fair enough, but i would add that the only way we will reverse course is if we make it acceptable for conservatives to reverse their position on "humanitarian wars", the NDAA and patriot act. Having such a conservative promoting that message is one way of changing minds. so what makes Goode open to attack, also makes him a better spokesman for people looking for any excuse to change sides and become anti-war and pro constitution.

CaptUSA
09-07-2012, 10:14 AM
NOBP for me.

I can see logic in almost all choices. I do find the people who think Mitt has a chance as being overly optimistic.

NOBP for me too.

I'm inclined to believe Mitt has little chance as well, until I think about Obama's chances. I don't know of anyone who didn't vote for him last time that is planning on voting for him this time. So that means he will get about the same number of votes at best. But then I also think there may be many of his supporters from last time that have become tired and disillusioned and may not vote. This makes me think Mitt might have a chance.

Brett85
09-07-2012, 10:14 AM

That's why I always say that there's far more liberals who post here than conservatives.

TCE
09-07-2012, 10:15 AM
In several states, it would be better to vote for Goode, who is on the ballot, versus Writing-In Ron Paul, where the vote isn't even counted. I'm not a Johnson supporter nor will I likely ever be, but writing in a name that won't be counted is wasting my time and leaving it blank makes even less sense. I may as well vote for someone who is on the ballot and thus my vote will be counted.

DeMint: Republican Presidents have been responsible for many more "mistakes" regarding the Supreme Court than the Democrats. They can't seem to get it right. Earl Warren, one of the most liberal justices in history, was appointed by Eisenhower. William J. Brennan was appointed by Eisenhower. John Paul Stevens, President Ford. Sandra Day O'Connor turned out to be a moderate, Reagan. David Souter, President H.W. Bush. John Roberts, President W. Bush.

Even if you think Romney's intentions are pure, which I can assure you they are not, statistically speaking, he will screw up once and appoint a liberal by accident. Of all the Republican Presidents for the last 55 years, only Nixon did not mess up and one can argue that at least two of his nominees were not as conservative as he thought they'd be. At the end of the day, Romney is a moderate, and he will appoint moderates to the federal judiciary.

hrdman2luv
09-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Gary Johnson........ For the sole purpose of my vote actually being read. Even if it is an electronic voting machine( which is what reads paper ballots)....... And for setting up for 2014 and 2016. I support Ron Paul. But I support the Liberty movement even more.

tuggy24g
09-07-2012, 11:28 AM
People I am with all of you all in trying to get Ron Paul's name out there to be voted on. Why can't we take this passion we have and vote for someone who might not be perfect that is actually on the ballot. Ron Paul is done for this election cycle. Ron Paul has to file to be a write in candidate. If he did that I would vote for him. Leave the guy alone until he decides to to run if he so chooses. Ron Paul said he is taking a break and not running third party. Ron Paul knows the support is there if he did run. Ron Paul just is not going to run and that is it. Let the man be and lets work on show the Republicans a thing or two. Cast your vote for Gary Johnson. I would rather vote Ron Paul in November then anything, but I do not want my voice unheard. Gary Johnson is in all 50 states (as of now) . Gary Johnson is not perfect and has a few thing I do not like, but he is my protest vote. The Republicans want him off some swing states. So would it not make sense to vote for him and boost him up this November to show the Republicans a thing or two. Show them the votes you could of gotten. Use your vote as a protest vote and tell the Republicans to go f them self.

hrdman2luv
09-07-2012, 12:59 PM
This says it all for me.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/534168_10150881951974364_897254275_n.jpg

DavidK
09-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Writing in Paul, Johnson is way too liberal for me.

Paul4Prez
09-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Gary Johnson. I wrote in Ron Paul in 2008, but there was no acceptable alternative then.
Johnson is the most qualified candidate the LP has ever run, and frankly, he has a better record in office than Obama or Romney.
The Fair Tax idea is dumb, but it may earn him some additional support from that crowd.
He's not perfect, but I'm confident that he would move the govt in the right direction.

JK/SEA
09-07-2012, 01:25 PM
WIRP

LibertyRevolution
09-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Writing in Paul will get us nothing, HE IS NOT RUNNING!!!!
Voting for Johnson is at least a chance of getting some of our views to the public..
All you willing to write in Ron Paul are wasting your votes that would be better spent giving the LP numbers towards being a viable 3rd party.

But hey, if you NOBP people want to waste your vote and split the liberty movement voter block.. go right ahead.
But just remember, you are just as much an enemy to liberty as Romney voter in my book.
USE YOUR VOTE TO GIVE THE LIBERTY MOVEMENT ANOTHER VOICE!!!!
We cannot just work from within the GOP.. This needs to be mutli-angle attack..

Far as fair tax goes.. I ok with that idea.
I like the idea of a consumption based tax over an income based tax.
I can choose to not consume, I cannot choose to not have income...

specsaregood
09-07-2012, 01:36 PM
But hey, if you NOBP people want to waste your vote and split the liberty movement voter block.. go right ahead.
But just remember, you are just as much an enemy to liberty as Romney voter in my book.

LOL, the Johnson supporters have become caricatures of the GOP's view of Ron Paul supporters.

RabbitMan
09-07-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm campaigning for the State GOP, but my views at this point align more with the Libertarian Party Nationally, and so I will vote accordingly. As Rand so eloquently said, "The Republican Party is an empty vessel unless we imbue it with values." I plan to imbue my defunct local GOP with some excellent values, and I hope you do as well.

But Johnson stands a decent chance of getting the Libertarian party past the 5% threshold if people who align with him actually vote for him. That opens up public funding, inclusion in debates, and in general a more open political process. Make a difference this election, please don't just do a protest vote.

NIU Students for Liberty
09-07-2012, 02:02 PM
As I stated in a previous thread, I refuse to vote for a watered-down libertarian like Johnson who will do nothing but bring in more watered-down individuals into the LP and destroy everything that the party should have stood for: principles.

hrdman2luv
09-07-2012, 02:15 PM
As I stated in a previous thread, I refuse to vote for a watered-down libertarian like Johnson who will do nothing but bring in more watered-down individuals into the LP and destroy everything that the party should have stood for: principles.

Ok, so you're not going to bring principles into the LP. We got it. I hope the RNC welcomes your principles. There's not since in fighting or getting upset about any of this. No man is an island.

king_nothing_
09-07-2012, 02:16 PM
This vitriol is asinine. "We must all coalesce to vote the same way (my way), and anyone who doesn't is an enemy to liberty!" Completely absurd. I'm not even NOBP person, but I still can't stand to read this stuff. Do I need to point out all the notable libertarian figures, people who have contributed more intellectually than you or I most likely ever will, who are completely apolitical? Are they "enemies of liberty" in your book as well since they don't vote with you?

NIU Students for Liberty
09-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Ok, so you're not going to bring principles into the LP. We got it. I hope the RNC welcomes your principles. There's not since in fighting or getting upset about any of this. No man is an island.

Did I say that I supported working within the GOP? I just don't see the point in voting for Johnson when boosting his numbers out of spite/settling for the lesser of 3 evils is only going to continue to put mediocre LP candidates on future ballots. The LP will start to believe that putting up guys like Johnson, Barr, Root, etc is their only path to relevance. Plain and simple, the LP should be putting up libertarians, not Libertarians.

Brett85
09-07-2012, 03:34 PM
This vitriol is asinine. "We must all coalesce to vote the same way (my way), and anyone who doesn't is an enemy to liberty!" Completely absurd. I'm not even NOBP person, but I still can't stand to read this stuff. Do I need to point out all the notable libertarian figures, people who have contributed more intellectually than you or I most likely ever will, who are completely apolitical? Are they "enemies of liberty" in your book as well since they don't vote with you?

Exactly. It really shouldn't matter how any of us vote in the general election. We all supported Ron Paul in the Republican primary, and we all support liberty candidates like Rand Paul, Justin Amash, Thomas Massie, etc. That's what counts, rather than who you think is the least bad candidate in the general election.

Lightweis
09-07-2012, 03:38 PM
I voted for Obama in this poll:eek:

Origanalist
09-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Voting for Johnson is at least a chance of getting some of our views to the public..
All you willing to write in Ron Paul are wasting your votes that would be better spent giving the LP numbers towards being a viable 3rd party.

USE YOUR VOTE TO GIVE THE LIBERTY MOVEMENT ANOTHER VOICE!!!!
We cannot just work from within the GOP.. This needs to be mutli-angle attack..

Far as fair tax goes.. I ok with that idea.
I like the idea of a consumption based tax over an income based tax.
I can choose to not consume, I cannot choose to not have income...

Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are...............

Ivash
09-07-2012, 04:10 PM

This use of 'us-vs-them' rhetoric is one of the reasons why political discourse in the United States has grown so heated. I agree with those condemning it.

hrdman2luv
09-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Divided, we are falling. Right before our very eyes.

Occam's Banana
09-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are...............

Yeah. I don't know which claim was more facepalmy - that one, or "I can choose to not consume, I cannot choose to not have income"

Keith and stuff
09-07-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm going to vote for a ton of candidates, including myself. The primary hasn't happened where I live so I'm not sure of all the candidates I'll vote for just yet.

Karsten
09-07-2012, 05:22 PM
A lot more love for Johnson on here than there ever was for Barr in '08.

pcosmar
09-07-2012, 05:41 PM

SO Friggin' What ??

Johnson is not winning. Has no chance.
So it will be either Romney or Obama. And they are both the same so it doesn't matter.

Even IF Johnson had a chance I would not want a Utilitarian.. That is as dangerous as any other.

he is as good a protest vote as any other.. vote for him if you like.
But stop SPAMing this shit.

hrdman2luv
09-07-2012, 06:36 PM

LOL, who the heck could trust Barr with his record. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and voted Libertarian anyways. But only because I knew he wasn't going to win. And would disappear after the election.

I darn sure wasn't going to give my vote to McBama.

Johnny Appleseed
09-07-2012, 07:23 PM
voting is like smoking weed without inhaling

Nathan Hale
09-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Johnson is not winning. Has no chance.

If he doesn't get into the debates, he has no chance. But if we get behind him and get his numbers up, 2012 could be the year.

Even IF Johnson had a chance I would not want a Utilitarian.. That is as dangerous as any other.

Please, you're speaking in absolutes. Johnson isn't a utilitarian who looks at the data, sees utility, and allows it to subvert every other instinct and belief he has. Sure, he's pragmatic. He looks at utility. But I do too, and I manage to balance that with philosophy and a host of other concerns when I go about my daily life. If that's as bad to you as Obama and Romney, then I heartily disagree with your outlook on life.

But stop SPAMing this shit.

There was a hale and hearty debate in 2008 about other candidates on these boards, it you'll see it straight through to election day in 2012 as well, so suck it up.

affa
09-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Romney/Ryan.

they'll be glad to know they can stomp on you and you'll still vote for them!

Razmear
09-07-2012, 08:25 PM

Barr was a Neo-con, and the reason I left the LP in 2008. Root still makes me sick.
I'm voting Johnson, I don't agree with everything he says, especially the Fair Tax, but at least it's one less vote for Romney and Obama, and I won't feel ill after pulling the lever.

Endthefednow
09-07-2012, 09:49 PM
In Southern California 3 that I know of personally will be write in`s for RON PAUL!!;)

Michael Landon
09-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Johnson. To me this is the quickest way to show the Republican Party how many votes they lost by not nominating Ron Paul.

- ML

Southron
09-07-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't know yet. I won't vote Obama or Romney and I may just leave the Presidential choice blank. I don't really care who our President is at this point. Ron Paul's time is up so I'm going to focus on local and state politics.

Carehn
09-07-2012, 10:43 PM
I don't know yet. I won't vote Obama or Romney and I may just leave the Presidential choice blank. I don't really care who our President is at this point. Ron Paul's time is up so I'm going to focus on local and state politics.
If u take the time to vote at least write in Ron if johnson is not your bag. bigger chance of them showing Johnson over write ins and bigger chance of showing write ins over blanks. Do it for the children.

orenbus
09-07-2012, 11:38 PM
If I had to decide today, I'd do the write-in, so I voted write-in Ron Paul in this poll.

Just saw this video though from R11110000, he helped promote Ron Paul on youtube this past election cycle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbLjevrrZqA

Here is Matt Larson on the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Kd4wzFk6o

orenbus
09-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Judge Napolitano Endorses Gary Johnson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHxwvUxKPFw

Tmot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXE9B1YeLpQ

The Freethinker
09-08-2012, 10:46 AM
My state doesn't allow write-ins, so I will vote for either Gary Johnson or whoever Ron Paul officially endorsed. In 2008 Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin and that's whom I voted for then.

wgadget
09-08-2012, 12:11 PM
For whatever it's worth (pardon the pun), personal finance guru Clark Howard (GA) says he will be voting for GJ.

nyrgoal99
09-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Interesting voting trends so far

Anti Federalist
09-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Romney/Ryan.

John Roberts.:rolleyes:

ROLFLing.

Oh, some people.

Anti Federalist
09-08-2012, 03:59 PM
voting is like smoking weed without inhaling

Hey hey, thread winner!

I would have said, "like a hand job wearing a rubber", but that works even better.

That said, No One But Paul.

Anti Federalist
09-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Interesting voting trends so far

Watch that 4.62 % climb as November gets closer and the wobblies start falling down more rapidly

liveandletlive
09-08-2012, 05:34 PM
gonna vote for Gary

bunklocoempire
09-08-2012, 06:39 PM
here's a thousand monkeys chasing potatoes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ht4jwQQ-kI
(Monkeys who I'd vote for over Rompy and Lyin' in a heartbeat -hell, I'd vote for the potatoes)

NOBP!!

EDIT: Too soon S.A.? My apologies.;)

davegod75
09-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm in VA so I could vote for Virgil Goode and really stick it to Romney. I'm stilling trying to decide between G.J., write-in RP, or Virgil.

MozoVote
09-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Romney's campaign had some hope in Virginia initially, but I think it's gone for them. NoVa is doing relatively well economincally due to Federal employment and is Obama-leaning. Virgil will take votes away in the south. Then there is the whole Morton Blackwell rules backlash that will be sprinkled around among both establishment and libery GOP alike in the state.

Romney has never been a very *likeable* candidate to begin with. He can't afford such splintered support.

fr33
09-08-2012, 08:14 PM
I reckon there's a good chance that this poll right now might be an accurate representation or close to it. I might guess that more would go to Obama than is shown.

sailingaway
09-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I reckon there's a good chance that this poll right now might be an accurate representation or close to it. I might guess that more would go to Obama than is shown.

this poll has been up for two days. Yesterday alone over 900 members were on line. I think self selection skews it quite a bit.

MozoVote
09-08-2012, 08:41 PM
If you go onto the RealClearPolitics map and tool around, you can see how tough this will be for Mitt. Pick just two large battleground states as "gone" and the odds become nearly insurmountable.

For example, let's take VA and FL off the table.

NC should be relatively safe... McCain only lost by 14000 votes... so allright, assume that's in his column.

Then give Romney IA, MI, OH, and WI. (His campaign has been clear in trying an upper midwest strategy). Each of these is tough to do, but there is a plausible argument in each, that a win is possible.

Let's assume liberty folks are totally over-rating their influence, and Romney wins NH and ME despite the convention animosity.

Obama still has a 274 to 264 lead. Where do the other electoral votes come from?

PA, NV, and CO would be the only plausible states left. None of those look like good bets though. Even if he can win one of them it's worth re-assessing my earlier assumptions. Can he really win *ALL* of the upper midwest? I doubt it, something will not "break" his way among them. Is Maine really going to vote for him? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Furthermore, no matter what, Obama will probably get an electoral vote in Nebraska (where Lincoln is) and one of them in southern Maine. 2 more votes to make up, that could become critical in the end for Romney.

fr33
09-08-2012, 09:04 PM
this poll has been up for two days. Yesterday alone over 900 members were on line. I think self selection skews it quite a bit.I'm basing it just off what I think RP supporters will do. I know it's not scientific though at all or even close to it.

pcosmar
09-08-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm basing it just off what I think RP supporters will do. I know it's not scientific though at all or even close to it.

I am wondering how many "New" members are voting compared to long time members.
And am also sure that not everyone who is a member here is a Ron Paul supporter.

Origanalist
09-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Poll, shmoll. I'm still writing in Ron Paul. Pics in November.

fr33
09-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I am wondering how many "New" members are voting compared to long time members.
And am also sure that not everyone who is a member here is a Ron Paul supporter.Ok I should have screen shotted it when I posted. You're right, an invasion of GJ supporters has happened. The GJ votes have gone up a lot since. When I posted it was about 50-50 of the majority was Ron and Gary with Gary ahead about 12 votes. I think that's what RP supporters will do. Maybe the Obama/Romney percentages will be higher than 2 and 4 percent like it is now. When I vote I tend to vote for Libertarian party candidates when they are on the ballot. I figure there are quite a few like me.

hummtide
09-08-2012, 10:51 PM
In Alabama I want to vote for Ron Paul, but I have to make sure my vote is COUNTED against the establishment. And I want to be responsible for Romney's losing the election as the MOTHER of all messages that you CANNOT BUY MY VOTE! I understand and respect why people dont want to vote for Gary Johnson, but if he is the only alternative, you all seriously need to consider supporting him, as I will in November and as I have done also financially as well. This has to be the election where both parties understand that we the true patriots of this great country had the ultimate power in deciding who is the next president and our chance this year to influence the election CANNOT BE IGNORED! Let the establishment run scared as the Ron Paul Revolution will only continue to grow.

orenbus
09-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Hmm I almost wasn't going to post this video here, but then I was like whatever. Ron Paul supporters talking about GJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9S6mRm-IYQ

tnvoter
09-09-2012, 04:21 AM
I imagine there's still quite a bit of undecided going on.

nyrgoal99
09-09-2012, 10:35 AM
bump

hrdman2luv
09-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Hmm I almost wasn't going to post this video here, but then I was like whatever. Ron Paul supporters talking about GJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9S6mRm-IYQ

I can't imagine voting for anyone else but Johnson. Ron Paul obviously has a reason for not making an edorsement. I would imagine it has a lot to do with Rand. You never hear Ron mention any disagreements with Johnson. That's as close enough to an endorsement for me.

Obviously Gary Johnson is no Ron Paul. But no one is.

Endthefednow
09-09-2012, 12:32 PM
I will Write in Ron Ernest Paul!!

NIU Students for Liberty
09-09-2012, 01:09 PM
10 for Romney?! Talk about a beaten wife syndrome...

nyrgoal99
09-10-2012, 07:40 PM
bump

Lightweis
09-10-2012, 09:29 PM
looks like we have some trolls.

TCE
09-10-2012, 09:38 PM
10 for Romney?! Talk about a beaten wife syndrome...

I can see two types of logic regarding voting for Romney:

1. He already hammered us as badly as he could at the RNC, so everything else he does has to be better...right?
2. He flip-flops so often that there is a 15% chance he'll become a libertarian for a year.

hrdman2luv
09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
It seems Johnson has a sizable lead on Romney. That's a good sign. I dare say the Libertarian candidate of 08 would've gotten this many.

It would be nice to see the Ron Paul votes go to Johnson. That would put Johnson up to about 170. Now imagine this happening all over the country. I'm sure that would set us up for a few wins in 2014 midterm and even more in 2016. Which is the bigger picture.

TCE
09-11-2012, 06:11 PM
It seems Johnson has a sizable lead on Romney. That's a good sign. I dare say the Libertarian candidate of 08 would've gotten this many.

It would be nice to see the Ron Paul votes go to Johnson. That would put Johnson up to about 170. Now imagine this happening all over the country. I'm sure that would set us up for a few wins in 2014 midterm and even more in 2016. Which is the bigger picture.

Even the anti-Johnson people have to admit that he is better than Bob Barr. I wonder how the vote would look if Michael Badnarik was the candidate. Thoughts?

Odin
09-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Who voted for Romney and Obama? You don't have the freedom to do that in the liberty movement! I cast you off the liberty island!! :D

I said Romney, my point of view though I think is the same as Peter Schiff from what I've heard him say. One of them will be elected President. So it makes sense to vote for the lesser of two evils. Romney at least has a few positives, Obama is wrong in just about every way imo.

I live in California so it really doesn't even matter, Obama will win the state. But I think some people vote 3rd party either to 'send a message' or to promote a legitimate 3rd party, not realizing that the way our political system is set up it's just not possible and never will be. The two major parties have a stranglehold on all levels of government - just look at how the districts are gerrymandered. The only way to change that would be to have a proportional democracy, then we would have 6 or 7 major parties but the downside would be that absolute control of the government by 1 party is basically impossible.

Any change has to come through the Republican party, and I don't think having Obama elected to another term is going to be good for the Republican party, there is a lot to think about including what will happen to the economy no matter who is president, and what will happen to the Supreme Court.

GeorgiaAvenger
09-11-2012, 06:40 PM
I'd prefer Romney to Obama, and I don't care if people vote for him. If my vote was the deciding one, I probably would. I respect people like Mack and Schiff and understand their reasoning. But since I don't like Romney at all because he is a liar and is ignorant of the Constitution, I will vote for Johnson if he is on the ballot. I already know Goode won't be on the ballot.

If Johnson isn't on the ballot, I could write in Pastor James David Manning(from the Whoop em with Constitution Ron Paul video). I won't write in Ron, because I don't want him blamed for turning the election one way or the other.

GeorgiaAvenger
09-11-2012, 06:41 PM
I will Write in Ron Ernest Paul!!

Ronald E. Paul
Walter E. Williams
Walter E. Block

E is a popular middle name among liberty people. Who am I missing?

nyrgoal99
09-11-2012, 07:59 PM
bump

ZakB
09-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Ronald E. Paul
Walter E. Williams
Walter E. Block

E is a popular middle name among liberty people. Who am I missing?

Gary E. Johnson

EgwaTlvdatsi
09-11-2012, 11:15 PM
I've already made up my mind to vote for Johnson. The main reason is to give as many votes as possible to a 3rd party candidate.

Only one thing keeps biting the back of my neck, though. Considering what the GOP had done, DNC's past, and what has been tried already (CISPA, PIPA, etc), I can't imagine what they'd do if a 3rd party candidate did receive a good portion of the votes.

nyrgoal99
09-12-2012, 07:35 PM
bump

noxnoctum
09-14-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm torn between voting for GJ and not voting at all.

I'm in SC so write ins don't count.

wgadget
09-14-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm torn between voting for GJ and not voting at all.

I'm in SC so write ins don't count.

Go ahead and vote for GJ. The blowback will be incredible.

hrdman2luv
09-15-2012, 01:28 PM
LOL, the Johnson supporters have become caricatures of the GOP's view of Ron Paul supporters.

What's next? Will us Johnson supporters be deemed as Johnsonians?

hrdman2luv
09-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Go ahead and vote for GJ. The blowback will be incredible.

Let it blow baby. Let it blow. I ain't skeered.

fr33
09-15-2012, 07:17 PM
LOL, the Johnson supporters have become caricatures of the GOP's view of Ron Paul supporters.It's soooo true. We are getting a dose of our own medicine. I can now see how annoyed other voters were a few months ago when we were out in force on all news comments sections. And I'm voting for Johnson. I can understand how gets annoying when people won't leave you alone about it especially when they are telling you to be less principled.