PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ron Paul voters to support the GOP Ticket

Frank DeMartini
09-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Here is an article I found on getting Ron Paul supporters to vot for Romney/Ryan

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2012/09/3-ways-romney-ryan-and-the-republicans-can-woo-libertarian-voters/

DamianTV
09-06-2012, 04:34 PM
No one but Paul. Fuck Romney and his Team of Lawyers. I wouldnt vote for either of them if you put a gun to my head.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-06-2012, 04:36 PM
A promise is not worth the paper it's written on, or the few seconds spent to spew the lie. In other words, only fools would believe anything Romney says except where his actions meet his words - increasing the grip of Fascism and authoritarianism.

UtahApocalypse
09-06-2012, 04:44 PM
I will admit that I would have punched Mitt's box on my ballot..... that is until the RNC treated us with ZERO respect. I will be voting Obama this year.

bunklocoempire
09-06-2012, 04:48 PM
All Romney voters have to do is simply explain how rewarding bad behavior is supposed to change bad behavior.

They won't, they can't, and it doesn't work.

BuddyRey
09-06-2012, 04:55 PM
I will NEVER vote for Romney, or Obama!

For me, it's Johnson or I'm staying home.

awake
09-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Like herding cats ...Forget it.

LibertyEagle
09-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Too little, too late, Obamney. Ain't gonna happen.

Athan
09-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Here is an article I found on getting Ron Paul supporters to vot for Romney/Ryan

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2012/09/3-ways-romney-ryan-and-the-republicans-can-woo-libertarian-voters/

With all due respect to this Nick Gillespie dude. He can go fuck himself. After the RNC bullshit, Mitt Romney is the LAST person that would get my vote.

Agorism
09-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Plus if you don't live in a swing state, then whatever temptation that previously existed basically vanishes.

If you live in say, Iowa there is reasonable argument to vote Obama, but otherwise why not just write Paul in or vote Johnson or whoever?

specsaregood
09-06-2012, 05:30 PM
They had their chance, they opted not to get my support.

Brett85
09-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Plus if you don't live in a swing state, then whatever temptation that previously existed basically vanishes.

If you live in say, Iowa there is reasonable argument to vote Obama, but otherwise why not just write Paul in or vote Johnson or whoever?

Didn't you mean to say "Romney?"

Agorism
09-06-2012, 05:37 PM
No I meant Obama.

Anti Federalist
09-06-2012, 05:38 PM
LOL - Roll out the "wobblies".

Not on your life, internet blogger.

NO ONE BUT PAUL

Brett85
09-06-2012, 05:55 PM
No I meant Obama.

I'm not saying vote for Romney, but it's pretty clear that Romney is the lesser of two evils when he has better stances on issues like taxes, regulations, energy policy, etc. I don't really have any reason to vote for him living in a non swing state, but he's certainly the lesser of two evils when compared to Obama.

Lucille
09-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I'd rather eat glass.

specsaregood
09-06-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm not saying vote for Romney, but it's pretty clear that Romney is the lesser of two evils when he has better stances on issues like taxes, regulations, energy policy, etc. I don't really have any reason to vote for him living in a non swing state, but he's certainly the lesser of two evils when compared to Obama.

I dont see how you can make that claim with any certainty at all. The guy is known for being a flip-flopping, lying liberal republican. There is no telling what he would do if he got power. What we have seen from him already is that he isn't a follow the law guy at all, but a do whatever you want if you have the power kinda guy. That's scary.

Brett85
09-06-2012, 06:01 PM
I dont see how you can make that claim with any certainty at all. The guy is known for being a flip-flopping, lying liberal republican. There is no telling what he would do if he got power. What we have seen from him already is that he isn't a follow the law guy at all, but a do whatever you want if you have the power kinda guy. That's scary.

Yeah, but he'll flip flop and take political positions that are popular, and right now liberty is popular in America.

specsaregood
09-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Yeah, but he'll flip flop and take political positions that are popular, and right now liberty is popular in America.

Only until he gets power, then he is demonstrated that he will break rules and do whatever he wants.

Agorism
09-06-2012, 06:02 PM

I don't think so. Obama just forced israel's hand on bombing Iran, and they're being forced to stop hostilities towards it.

Obama is also not the water-boarder n chief like the last president. We already know Romney's cabinet will be full of Bush people.

Also Romney in the WH will probably be 4-8 years and another dem will be 4-8 years. If Romney wins, maybe Rand Paul can run in the year 2024 or whatever.

presence
09-06-2012, 06:06 PM

Stance on Iran and Russia blows all that away.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/052011/1307032252_atomic_bomb_mushroom_cloud_explosion.gi f

Brett85
09-06-2012, 06:06 PM
If Romney wins, maybe Rand Paul can run in the year 2024 or whatever.

"Don't let Mitt Romney and Rand Paul fool you again in 2012!"

It doesn't really sound like you could support Rand Paul either.

green73
09-06-2012, 06:07 PM
What Lucille said.

Brett85
09-06-2012, 06:08 PM

Romney's foreign policy seems to be almost exactly the same as Obama's. I don't see how any President could be more of an interventionist than Obama.

Agorism
09-06-2012, 06:08 PM
"Don't let Mitt Romney and Rand Paul fool you again in 2012!"

It doesn't really sound like you could support Rand Paul either.

In 2016, I think he'll probably be the best candidate running.

It's true I don't like him nearly as much as Ron Paul though.

green73
09-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Like herding cats

Would you have it any other way?

Tudo
09-06-2012, 06:30 PM
No way no chance

seyferjm
09-06-2012, 07:28 PM

http://gifs.gifbin.com/052011/1307032252_atomic_bomb_mushroom_cloud_explosion.gi f

My thoughts as well.

HOLLYWOOD
09-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Fuck Rmoney and his running mate Democrat Paul Ryan

Hats off to the 10 Fat Old Men of the Inner Circle that ensured a lost for the GOP.

A big fuck you to Crossroads Carl Rove, Jabba Sununu, Lukid Team Romney and his 200 lawyers

Origanalist
09-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I don't think so. Obama just forced israel's hand on bombing Iran, and they're being forced to stop hostilities towards it.

Obama is also not the water-boarder n chief like the last president. We already know Romney's cabinet will be full of Bush people.

Also Romney in the WH will probably be 4-8 years and another dem will be 4-8 years. If Romney wins, maybe Rand Paul can run in the year 2024 or whatever.

Gotta go with Agorism on this one. I don't want Romney to win. I fail to see the upside.

Anti Federalist
09-06-2012, 10:28 PM

LOL - Lived right next door to Mass while he was gov.

There is much fail in that statement.

The Gold Standard
09-06-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm in Ohio, so I will definitely consider voting Obama if it looks like Romney can win. There really isn't any reason for anyone to vote for Romney. Neither side is going to cut any domestic spending. Neither side gives a fuck about individual liberty. Barack would probably run up less debt because his wars are just fought with a remote control where Mitt and his crew will want to invade and occupy every country where the brown skinned "terrorists" are hiding. And maybe we'll have a better option in a few years after the economy tanks again.

NorfolkPCSolutions
09-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Goddammit, this article is from Reason Magazine, and written by Neil Gillespie, who wrote a handful of articles favorable to Ron Paul - that I and many of us enjoyed reading, and sharing?

This article, along with the premise of this article, is poop. If you're just coming into this thread, go count ceiling tiles or something; your time will be better spent. And will someone please break the link? Neither HR or reason.com deserve traffic originating from here.

What a stupid article.

Anti Federalist
09-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Goddammit, this article is from Reason Magazine, and written by Neil Gillespie, who wrote a handful of articles favorable to Ron Paul - that I and many of us enjoyed reading, and sharing?

This article, along with the premise of this article, is poop. If you're just coming into this thread, go count ceiling tiles or something; your time will be better spent. And will someone please break the link? Neither HR or reason.com deserve traffic originating from here.

What a stupid article.

LOL (T)Reason writes a article about "coming on in for the big win".

They did the same thing in 2008.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
09-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Screw the GOP.

fr33
09-06-2012, 11:28 PM
F U M R

No way would I support a gun grabbing, tax hiking, socializer of medicine, tarp & stimulus supporting, pro-choicer, like you. We are better off with 4 more years of Obama than we'd be with 8 more years of Obama's policies.

opal
09-06-2012, 11:36 PM
thread title -
Getting Ron Paul voters to support the GOP Ticket (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?389069-Getting-Ron-Paul-voters-to-support-the-GOP-Ticket/page4)

solution.. Put RON PAUL on the GOP ticket..

helmuth_hubener
09-06-2012, 11:37 PM
"Words and language are crude and simple forms of communication. The Craaldan has observed that your species has a tendency to give unwarranted weight to words, even when those words do not correlate with reality. Executive Jod knows through his own experience that the Craaldan kills without quarter. We are notorious throughout the galaxy as destroyers of worlds. Yet, Jod has allowed my words to cloud his judgment and overpower his rational mind."

-- Galaxy of Heroes, by Gus Flory

I, for one, will choose to believe reality over words when the words conflict.

I can look at Romney's record. I can see what he is. He is evil. He stands for everything evil. When he was in power, he further socialized health care. He did a huge public works project (the Big Dig). Taxes went up, spending went up, and the debt went up.

What will happen if he is in power again? Well, let's ignore his record and listen to what he promises will happen! That should give us an accurate picture!

Ron Paul people know better. Thank goodness we are starting to know better. Let's all observe a moment of pity for those who don't yet.

<moment>

Thank you.

NorfolkPCSolutions
09-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Dear Nick Gillespie,

The intarwebz has made an image for you that very succinctly encapsulates the general emotion of the Ron Paul Forums, upon reading your blog entry from 30 August, 2012.

http://lolzombie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/yeah-ok-whatever-floats-your-goat.jpeg

Occam's Banana
09-07-2012, 02:03 AM
and right now liberty is popular in America.

I wish to emigrate to this place of which you speak - to this land of "America," to this place where "liberty is popular."

It is not mythical, is it? You are not teasing us, are you?

Where might I find it? It sounds wonderful!

Obama is also not the water-boarder n chief like the last president.

Obama did Bush one better: Obama is the assassin-in-chief. Bush was vile scum; Obama even moreso.

Dianne
09-07-2012, 04:49 AM
I will NEVER vote for Romney, or Obama!

For me, it's Johnson or I'm staying home.

ditto

sparebulb
09-07-2012, 09:44 AM
.......and right now liberty is popular in America.

I disagree.

It is a fringe movement.

puppetmaster
09-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah, but he'll flip flop and take political positions that are popular, and right now liberty is popular in America. so are taking away gun rights..........

georgiaboy
09-07-2012, 10:18 AM
No honest conservative could pull the lever for Romney and have a restful night's sleep ever again.

Romney vs. Obama. It's like choosing whipped cream over butter - yeah, there's a difference, but is choosing one over the other actually gonna make you lose weight?

The GOP didn't get the message in 2008. In 2012 the message needs to be sent even louder - nominate actual conservatives, or lose.

If the GOP wants to nominate a liberal, then they can have one in spades as their president. The D's do so much better on that front anyways.

But voting for a liberal GOP nominee only serves to perpetuate the status quo. GOP top of the ticket must lose, again.

Nobody 'gets the message' if they're rewarded for bad behavior.

NIU Students for Liberty
09-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Romney's foreign policy seems to be almost exactly the same as Obama's. I don't see how any President could be more of an interventionist than Obama.

I don't see Obama as eager to send American forces into Iran as compared to Romney and his Bush cabinet.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
09-07-2012, 11:41 AM
What makes you Obama voters think he's not going to Executive Order himself to become Emperor?

Obama has to go period. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I helped that disgrace "win" another term (which may become life).

Makes me physically ill voting for Romney, but Obama in the White House actually SCARES me.

moostraks
09-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I wish to emigrate to this place of which you speak - to this land of "America," to this place where "liberty is popular."

It is not mythical, is it? You are not teasing us, are you?

Where might I find it? It sounds wonderful!

Obama did Bush one better: Obama is the assassin-in-chief. Bush was vile scum; Obama even moreso.

thank you for addressing these two posts...both of them had me saying are you kidding me.

What makes you Obama voters think he's not going to Executive Order himself to become Emperor?

Obama has to go period. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I helped that disgrace "win" another term (which may become life).

Makes me physically ill voting for Romney, but Obama in the White House actually SCARES me.

If this were to be the case, why would he chance the run for his second term when he could just king himself now? The illusion is the faces change and that will be maintained to keep the masses pacified. It is continuity of policies that matters and that is why you get a choice between vanilla and french vanilla.

Brian4Liberty
09-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Let me play Devil's (Romney's) advocate here. These is a reason to vote for Mitt, and that's to get rid of Obama. An exchange of evils. And that argument only matters in swing States. Zero reason to vote for Mitt or Obama otherwise.

Occam's Banana
09-07-2012, 12:45 PM
I don't see Obama as eager to send American forces into Iran as compared to Romney and his Bush cabinet.

You mean you don't see him as eager to send American forces into Iran *before* he is safely re-elected.

*After* he's re-elected, he'll have more ... what was the word he used with Medvedev? Ah! Yes, I remember now ... he'll have more "flexibility."

thank you for addressing these two posts...both of them had me saying are you kidding me.

Yeah, I mean, it's kind of obvious, right? ;)

opal
09-07-2012, 01:41 PM
They're both dangerous.. and I can't vote for either of them

LibertyRevolution
09-07-2012, 06:04 PM
I'd rather eat glass.

this x1000

+rep

Brett85
09-07-2012, 06:18 PM

Liberty in America is more popular than it used to be. Just look at the polls that show that over 50% of Americans support legalizing marijuana.

Brett85
09-07-2012, 06:23 PM
No honest conservative could pull the lever for Romney and have a restful night's sleep ever again.

Romney vs. Obama. It's like choosing whipped cream over butter - yeah, there's a difference, but is choosing one over the other actually gonna make you lose weight?

The GOP didn't get the message in 2008. In 2012 the message needs to be sent even louder - nominate actual conservatives, or lose.

If the GOP wants to nominate a liberal, then they can have one in spades as their president. The D's do so much better on that front anyways.

But voting for a liberal GOP nominee only serves to perpetuate the status quo. GOP top of the ticket must lose, again.

Nobody 'gets the message' if they're rewarded for bad behavior.

I understand that Romney isn't an authentic conservative, but do you think that Newt Gingrich or Rick Santorum are any better than Romney? My guess is that people here would be complaining about the GOP candidate no matter what. (As long as Ron didn't win.) I personally don't buy into the rhetoric from the free republic types that Romney is a liberal, and we should've nominated a conservative like Santorum and Gingrich. I'm no fan of Romney, but I personally think that he's better than Santorum and about the same as Gingrich.

pcosmar
09-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Getting Ron Paul voters to support the GOP Ticket

http://www.onlinebikershop.com/product_images/z/981/eat-shit-die-patch__35766_zoom__69912_zoom.jpg

DamianTV
09-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Do we think that there is ANY sort of a difference between the two parties? After the shit they BOTH pulled during their Conventions, the Ordinary Man has NO Voice in Politics. We live in a Top Down Political System. A Facist Kleptocracy. And that is the way things are going to stay until something big enough happens to destroy the illusion of both parties, which I dont think is that far around the corner.

Deborah K
09-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I refuse to participate in a rigged system.

The Free Hornet
09-07-2012, 08:39 PM

How evil someone is must be viewed in context of how much power they might have.

Obama has only 4 years left and he will be a lame duck sooner than Romney but ineffectual regardless (unlike Romney). Obama has little hope of controlling Congress but Romney could combine the honeymoon period with little-to-no congressional opposition. Only two-full terms makes Obama go away, otherwise he could be back in 2016 or 2020. Only general election defeat makes Romney go away.

A victory for Romney means no liberty GOP candiate in 2016. The GOP takeover strategy will be fought by someone with powers to imprison and assassinate US citizens at will without trial. The convention is an example of power without even being POTUS.

Romney needs a new hobby besides "running for president". It is our job to help him transition.

WhistlinDave
09-07-2012, 08:59 PM

A guy who will remove duly elected delegates with no valid justication? Who will remove members from a rule committee if they oppose his power grab? A guy whose cronies will have other opposing rules committee members literally kidnapped on the bus that's supposed to deliver them to the convention, and keep them driving around in circles, detained until the vote is over? A guy whose big power grab rule change was passed in complete violation of the rules of order, with a pre-scripted outcome playing on the teleprompter?

As much as I dislike Obama, personally I would rather see him continue with the power of the NDAA than Romney. If Romney wins I fear Guantanamo could start filling up pretty quickly with anyone who is still working to try to get Liberty candidates elected within the GOP. Maybe that sounds a bit dramatic, but he has just shown us how EVIL he is and from what I can see, it isn't in a "lesser" kind of way.

Romney is never getting my vote. Never, ever, ever. Writing in Ron Paul!!

bunklocoempire
09-07-2012, 08:59 PM
From the OP article:

3 Ways Romney, Ryan, and the Republicans Can Woo Libertarian Voters

1. Get serious about cutting spending.
2. Get serious about bringing home the troops.
3. Get serious about staying out of personal lives

If I have to tell you this, you're not really serious about being wooed to begin with.

"Give me a quarter and I won't burn down your house"

Der...uh...um...okay.. uh, wait, you're not supposed to do that.

"Oh, yes, that's right... now just get me in a position to control you and we'll start doing things your way"

:rolleyes:

EDIT: HOLD!!

WhistlinDave
09-07-2012, 09:02 PM
How evil someone is must be viewed in context of how much power they might have.

Obama has only 4 years left and he will be a lame duck sooner than Romney but ineffectual regardless (unlike Romney). Obama has little hope of controlling Congress but Romney could combine the honeymoon period with little-to-no congressional opposition. Only two-full terms makes Obama go away, otherwise he could be back in 2016 or 2020. Only general election defeat makes Romney go away.

A victory for Romney means no liberty GOP candiate in 2016. The GOP takeover strategy will be fought by someone with powers to imprison and assassinate US citizens at will without trial. The convention is an example of power without even being POTUS.

Romney needs a new hobby besides "running for president". It is our job to help him transition.

I hadn't read your post yet, hadn't gotten that far, but this is exactly what I was thinking. We have seen evil, and its name is Romney.

WhistlinDave
09-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Getting Ron Paul voters to support the GOP Ticket

http://www.onlinebikershop.com/product_images/z/981/eat-shit-die-patch__35766_zoom__69912_zoom.jpg

Oh, and, uh, when you're done doing that, how about a little unity? You know, we're all on the same big happy team here, gotta defeat that Obama guy, boy, he's bad news, huh? Put 'er there, pal! Thanks for your support.

WhistlinDave
09-07-2012, 09:07 PM
I understand that Romney isn't an authentic conservative, but do you think that Newt Gingrich or Rick Santorum are any better than Romney? My guess is that people here would be complaining about the GOP candidate no matter what. (As long as Ron didn't win.) I personally don't buy into the rhetoric from the free republic types that Romney is a liberal, and we should've nominated a conservative like Santorum and Gingrich. I'm no fan of Romney, but I personally think that he's better than Santorum and about the same as Gingrich.

I'll tell you what he is. Forget all other labels. He is a cheater. A power hungry cheater who is willing to defraud his own party members and treat them like dirt, like enemies, in order to gain power. Doesn't matter to me how liberal or conservative he is, because all other considerations become unimportant when the first thing he just showed us is how corrupt he is.

WhistlinDave
09-07-2012, 09:09 PM
They're both dangerous.. and I can't vote for either of them

This.

NorfolkPCSolutions
09-07-2012, 10:04 PM
https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se/2/21/Troll_level_president.jpg

georgiaboy
09-08-2012, 08:03 AM

Heck no, none of those three are any better than the other. I remember the days when I would rank order these types and think I could see daylight between them, but those days are over. GWB and his prescription drug program, NCLB, bailouts, and national offense iced that cake for me. It's disgusting the kinds of "differences" we're expected to see between all these guys, when fundamentally they're all status quo big gov't GOP'ers.

It's gotten simple for me now. Either you're actually going to be a conservative and be for this constitutionally limited federal gov't, or you're not. Give me a stage of the former; then we can have a debate on their differences.

Until then, I'll vote the guy who sees it like I do, or I'll go elsewhere. No more charade.

If conservative voters follow my lead, maybe we'll change things. If they continue to perpetuate the status quo, they'll get it.

My protest continues.

Galileo Galilei
09-08-2012, 08:09 AM

I would not vote for Romney with a 10-foot pole.

VBRonPaulFan
09-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Romney was the one fella at the start of Republican campaign season that I actually hated more than Obama.

Now that i've seen his tactics in action, I hate the guy far more. I wouldn't vote to make him president of a local PTA league, let alone POTUS. He will NEVER EVER get my vote. i'll vote for the other republican tickets, but not for that scumbag.

I've decided i'll most likely vote Virgil Goode here in VA, he is expected to siphon off a LOT of votes from Rmoney here since he's a local guy that is well liked. If I can vote for someone far better than both Obama and Rmoney, while helping Rmoney lose a state, it's a total win/win for me.

Cap
09-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Oh my, now this concept of voting for Mitt is funny as well as ridiculous. The article can't possibly be serious.

Brett85
09-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Heck no, none of those three are any better than the other. I remember the days when I would rank order these types and think I could see daylight between them, but those days are over. GWB and his prescription drug program, NCLB, bailouts, and national offense iced that cake for me. It's disgusting the kinds of "differences" we're expected to see between all these guys, when fundamentally they're all status quo big gov't GOP'ers.

It's gotten simple for me now. Either you're actually going to be a conservative and be for this constitutionally limited federal gov't, or you're not. Give me a stage of the former; then we can have a debate on their differences.

Until then, I'll vote the guy who sees it like I do, or I'll go elsewhere. No more charade.

If conservative voters follow my lead, maybe we'll change things. If they continue to perpetuate the status quo, they'll get it.

My protest continues.

I'll probably cast a protest vote for a 3rd party candidate as well, but I live in a deeply red state. I think I would have to be more pragmatic if I lived in one of the swing states. Because as bad as Romney is, his policies are still better than Obama when you consider the fact that Romney wants to extend all of the Bush tax cuts, and Obama wants to extend none of them; Romney wants to tap into our oil reserves here in the U.S, Obama doesn't; Romney wants to repeal Obamacare (probably because it's unpopular, rather than opposing it philosphically,) Obama obviously won't repeal it; Romney wants to repeal Dodd-Frank and other regulations, Obama doesn't. Etc.

GunnyFreedom
09-08-2012, 09:28 AM
With all due respect to this Nick Gillespie dude. He can go fuck himself. After the RNC bullshit, Mitt Romney is the LAST person that would get my vote.

Weeeelll, I have my own issues with Gillespie, but he's smart enough to know that not one of those three things will ever happen under RmoneyRyan.

I'm guessing that the purpose of this article will be more about having a record to go back and look after people start wondering why Rmoney didn't win. Someone blames it on the Paulers, and then we get to point to this article and say, "it's not about us but lots of Americans who maybe didn't even really LIKE Paul all that much, like Reason and Gillespie, and Rmoney's failed opportunity to make a difference here."

P. R. Robinson
09-08-2012, 09:46 AM
My protest vote will go for Gary Johnson since they don't even count write-ins. If the Libertarian Party receives 5% of the vote in the presidential election it will be obvious to those bottom-sucking, deck stacking GOP NeoCon fat cats that they lost the election by the disrespect they showed to Ron Paul at their rigged convention!

pcosmar
09-08-2012, 10:06 AM
My protest vote will go for Gary Johnson since they don't even count write-ins. If the Libertarian Party receives 5% of the vote in the presidential election it will be obvious to those bottom-sucking, deck stacking GOP NeoCon fat cats that they lost the election by the disrespect they showed to Ron Paul at their rigged convention!

And you really think they will give a shit?
Do you really think they give a shit which party wins?

They have just clearly demonstrated that they do no,, Both at the DNC and RNC.
They don't give a shit at all what the voters think..

Brian4Liberty
09-08-2012, 11:38 AM
And you really think they will give a shit?

In fairness, some of them will care. On the other hand, the neo-conservatives would rather sink the ship then let someone else drive. They will choose to split the baby in half, every time.

pcosmar
09-08-2012, 12:00 PM
In fairness, some of them will care.

The only ones that will care are not the ones running things.

The Republican Party is not run by the people of the United States and neither is the Democrat Party.
It is not run by those who are elected.

It is run to give a false illusion of choice,
It has been for quite some time.

Agorism
09-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Obviously the majority of the forum posters lean GOP in general (ex. I've never voted for a single Democrat,) but if there was a poll forcing people to choose between Obama and Romney, I bet Obama would win.

Uriah
09-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Romney and Obama will not get my vote. I haven't decided if I'll vote Johnson yet... but if I get polled I will say Johnson so he at least has a chance to get in the debates. That chance is a small one... but gotta try.

EBounding
09-08-2012, 09:05 PM
If the county parties were smart, they would embrace the new folks and just accept they're not going to vote for Romney just to get more boots on the ground. These people were never going to vote for Romney anyway. They could say,

"We welcome all the new people! Now of course, we really want you to help Romney win. We think this is his time, but even if you don't that's ok! We know there are lots of other candidates you can get excited about and who need your support!"

A lot of people would actually do this, which could indirectly help Romney if they're getting undecideds to vote for any kind of Republican. But instead they're just threatening and burning bridges. Bad move for them and it's going to hurt them even more in the end.

MozoVote
09-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Nice concept - but one of the reasons the state parties will continue to push Romney is that a GOP winning state gets more delegates in the subsequent presidential cycle. Even if Romney loses nationally, the state GOP wants to have been part of the "team" for greater influence in the future.

doremedia
09-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I can not believe that people on this forum would vote for obama. ffs.

pcosmar
09-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I can not believe that people on this forum would vote for obama. ffs.

I won't vote for him,, but he is likely the better choice of the two.

My observation,, and I have been watching since Carter,, is that each new President is worse than the last.
and the last couple, have been worse on a scale of magnitude..
Bush was worse than Clinton,,Obama worse than Bush,, Romney will likely be much worse than Obama.
So keeping Obama would be the less worse choice.

My God,, this shit sucks.
:(

Anti Federalist
09-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Romney and the Republicans will have to do something that’s almost unthinkable in politics: They will need to actually live up to what they say they stand for.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QMuDihPPyPA/S2rAbY5DyEI/AAAAAAAAMWU/aFu8lyP1mMU/s400/you-want-it-when-cartoon.jpg