PDA

View Full Version : Most of the TOSS-UP STATES are Ron Paul-friendly...

wgadget
09-06-2012, 09:22 AM
...so it does look like we MAY have a big influence in deciding the election.

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Interactives/_swf/Politics/Elections2012/images/battlegroundMap-HUB-4col3.gif

09-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Who cares? It doesn't make any real difference which of the 2 wins.

wgadget
09-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Good point.

But we've got what they want...the power to decide. Small comfort, eh?

Perhaps we should figure out how to maximize our power by voting as a bloc?

CaptLouAlbano
09-06-2012, 09:45 AM
More accurate is that within the toss up states there are really toss up counties. There was a radio host I heard a week or so ago that stated that OH really comes down to how three counties within it vote, and that the rest of the state pretty much goes one way or the other typically. PA is the same way as well, as the victor is typically dependent on the turnout in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh (which are strongly Dem), if turnout is low in those areas then the state goes Republican. My guess is that NV is the same way hinging on how Clark County goes.

sailingaway
09-06-2012, 09:51 AM
More accurate is that within the toss up states there are really toss up counties. There was a radio host I heard a week or so ago that stated that OH really comes down to how three counties within it vote, and that the rest of the state pretty much goes one way or the other typically. PA is the same way as well, as the victor is typically dependent on the turnout in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh (which are strongly Dem), if turnout is low in those areas then the state goes Republican. My guess is that NV is the same way hinging on how Clark County goes.

Well, we definitely have a voice in Clark County.

asurfaholic
09-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Good point.

But we've got what they want...the power to decide. Small comfort, eh?

Perhaps we should figure out how to maximize our power by voting as a bloc?

Thing is, at this point, most paul supporters are well versed enough with the political system to know the pros and cons of voting one way or another. And naturally people will decide what suits them the best. Some feel better with 4 years of obama, some feel a republican would be a world of inprovement, some will vote libertarian, or whatever. I dont appreciate being told to vote one way or another, as i imagine most people feel. Trying to herd ron paul supporters to vote a certain way would be like herding cats. We are all unique and see things differently.

I see what you are trying to say, but i just dont see any effectivness in steering the group. Obviously there is still room to try and convince your fellow patriots what you think the best path is, but i imagine there will be a split. And thats all right.

CPUd
09-06-2012, 04:24 PM
It's not the votes that will make a difference in these areas - it's whether or not the grassroots (and state GOPs) in these areas participate in the GOTV efforts. If not, the only 'volunteers' they have are either students getting college credit, or hired hands.

This also means, no real oversight on the phone banks; they don't have the resources to determine if their phone 'volunteers' are telling the people to vote for Mitt, or to WIRP.

09-06-2012, 06:35 PM

Romney has conceded PA to Obama already. Romney campaign, pacs and RNC pulled all advertising in PA after we got hammed with it for weeks.

The Gold Standard
09-06-2012, 07:02 PM
resources to determine if their phone 'volunteers' are telling the people to vote for Mitt, or to WIRP.

LOL. That would be fantastic to have hundreds of Romney phone bankers telling people to write in Ron Paul. I could just see the look on Bill O' Reilly's face.

eleganz
09-06-2012, 07:15 PM
yea more proof the establishment controls both candidates..since Ron Paul can't be controlled...