PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Audit the Fed update video for the Senate push (Campaign for Liberty)

sailingaway
09-05-2012, 07:02 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/img/logo2.jpg

Dr. Ron Paul and I have prepared an urgent video update for you regarding Audit the Fed.

As you know, Audit the Fed overwhelmingly passed the House right before the August recess.

And now it's crucial the bill pass the Senate, too.

Campaign for Liberty is in the middle of developing a massive grassroots tidal wave of action to advance Audit the Fed in the Senate.

Will you be a part of it?

With your help, we can launch the biggest assault on the Federal Reserve in our nation's history.

I don't know about you, but the thought of generating that much public outrage over such a secretive federal institution is exhilarating.

So please watch this urgent video update to learn all the details and find out how you can help. http://chooseliberty.org/audit_audio_donate.aspx?pid=1b&r=789.36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snfj6rSJP5Y&feature=player_embedded

In Liberty,
http://www.chooseliberty.org/images/Matt_Hawes_blue_signature2.jpg
Matt Hawes
Vice President

TrishW
09-05-2012, 07:30 PM
OK... I can understand urging us to call, write, and email your senator. But why do they need money?

sailingaway
09-05-2012, 07:39 PM
OK... I can understand urging us to call, write, and email your senator. But why do they need money?

To put out internet and other ads. Do as you will, of course. If you don't think they explain it well enough you could post that at campaignforliberty.org and maybe they will answer. If they don't get money until they do, there will be incentive.

Meanwhile, though, contacting Senators is a good thing.

Maximilian American
09-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Rubio is on board but when I called Nelson last month the day after the bill passed the house his staff said that he didn't issue a statement on it yet and did not know when it would be issued, so I asked him to "forward a message to Mr. Nelson that as his constituent I want to be represented by Nelson's support for the audit he federal reserve bank bill s.202 and that I also look forward to his official statement on the bill because I want to be assured in detail that Mr. Nelson represents my values in regards to transparency in government affairs."

I plan to call back Senator Nelson tomorrow for a follow up on s.202 amongst other business.

And I'm going to sell at least 1 silver dollar this week to perhaps send to CFL once I check out their plans.

paulbot24
09-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Does anybody else think it is peculiar that Senator McCain is co-sponsoring this bill? Didn't he recently say we need to "clear a path with missiles" before we can truck in "humanitarian aid" to Syria? Keep the letters to the Senators going non-stop. I've got one down, but I'm still working on the other one that says the Fed is already audited every year and blah blah blah. What's interesting is I receive pleasant and formal replies from both Senators on this, but I never heard or received anything from my district rep before it went to the House. Unbelievable. I can't wait to send him packing.

sailingaway
09-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Does anybody else think it is peculiar that Senator McCain is co-sponsoring this bill? Didn't he recently say we need to "clear a path with missiles" before we can truck in "humanitarian aid" to Syria? Keep the letters to the Senators going non-stop. I've got one down, but I'm still working on the other one that says the Fed is already audited every year and blah blah blah. What's interesting is I receive pleasant and formal replies from both Senators on this, but I never heard or received anything from my district rep before it went to the House. Unbelievable. I can't wait to send him packing.

I suspect they are going to try to gut it with amendments again and say 'see, it passed!'

Maximilian American
09-05-2012, 08:55 PM
I suspect they are going to try to gut it with amendments again and say 'see, it passed!'

Its up to everyone who cares to give their best effort to not allow that to happen.

sailingaway
09-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Its up to everyone who cares to give their best effort to not allow that to happen.

Yep. Tell Senators 'vote for it and vote against all amendments.' For starters.

Feelgood
09-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Didnt Harry Reid state already he has no intentions of bringing the bill up for a vote?!

LibertyEagle
09-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Didnt Harry Reid state already he has no intentions of bringing the bill up for a vote?!

Yeah, but Rand has been working on him.

sailingaway
09-05-2012, 09:34 PM

since then people have been pelting him with multiple videos of himself saying over and over that the Fed needs an audit, including in his debate with Angle when he was elected THIS time, and his office said he never said it wouldn't come to the floor.

Mind you, that doesn't mean he PLANS to bring it to the floor....but if enough sign on he'll be under pressure.

coffeewithgames
09-05-2012, 09:37 PM
To put out internet and other ads. Do as you will, of course. If you don't think they explain it well enough you could post that at campaignforliberty.org and maybe they will answer. If they don't get money until they do, there will be incentive.

Meanwhile, though, contacting Senators is a good thing.

Considering how the campaign that had many staffers associated with C4L refuses to answer questions, I doubt they will either. I guess I can fire off a good old bullet point list of questions to them though, ending it with RP2012's physical address and phone number they can call for donations...

Kind of sad, they called my mom tonight when I was on the phone with her, trying to get her to donate...fortunately she said, "I'm not donating anything to those people anymore."

sailingaway
09-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Considering how the campaign that had many staffers associated with C4L refuses to answer questions, I doubt they will either. I guess I can fire off a good old bullet point list of questions to them though, ending it with RP2012's physical address and phone number they can call for donations...

Kind of sad, they called my mom tonight when I was on the phone with her, trying to get her to donate...fortunately she said, "I'm not donating anything to those people anymore."

But you will call your Senators?

coffeewithgames
09-05-2012, 10:00 PM
But you will call your Senators?

LOL, I call them weekly. I have the switchboard stored in my phone, so I can call at any time.

DeMintConservative
09-05-2012, 10:06 PM
since then people have been pelting him with multiple videos of himself saying over and over that the Fed needs an audit, including in his debate with Angle when he was elected THIS time, and his office said he never said it wouldn't come to the floor.

Mind you, that doesn't mean he PLANS to bring it to the floor....but if enough sign on he'll be under pressure.

Why would he care about the pressure of Republican or Ron Paul voters? He most certainly won't run again but even if he did, on issues like this politicians tend to side with their base. No incentive to cave in to the other side base.

sailingaway
09-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Why would he care about the pressure of Republican or Ron Paul voters? He most certainly won't run again but even if he did, on issues like this politicians tend to side with their base. No incentive to cave in to the other side base.

It was something he promised his voters and is reneging on. It is more the embarassment of video footage of himself saying how badly an audit is needed and that he has been calling for it for decades, and now refusing to bring it to the floor. Credibility isn't just with Ron Paul supporters. In any event, the proof is that his office DID reverse teh statement, so he is feeling some pressure at least.

jointhefightforfreedom
09-06-2012, 06:31 AM
They need a good Video like this one the UK did which is basically end the Fed British Version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-LjL2yyVZo

opal
09-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Very good video.. low production costs.. informative.

I don't mean to be the big spike for the little balloon here but lets say Audit the Fed passes the senate in tact.. what are the chances that it won't get a big old veto from the white house?

Darguth
09-06-2012, 08:45 AM

I don't mean to be the big spike for the little balloon here but lets say Audit the Fed passes the senate in tact.. what are the chances that it won't get a big old veto from the white house?

I would be somewhat surprised by a veto, honestly. Auditing the fed is massively popular, even outside the Liberty Movement circles. It would be a crowd pleaser in an election year. Then, if he wins re-election they can try to squash it or simply do nothing with the information gained from the audit since he, personally, has nothing to really lose at that point. Alternatively, Romney inherits the passage and has to deal with the fallout of full disclosure instead.

jmag
09-06-2012, 09:17 AM
But Senate leaders or Obama must be wise enough to protect the independence of the fed. We don't want monetary policy politicized. :rolleyes:

sailingaway
09-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Right before the election? I think it more likely they'd take the one year extension in the House version (there was no way it could be done by December once the Senate finished it) and plan on putting in water down language later when Ron isn't in congress to blow the whistle, which is one reason I want him to take charge of C4L (not just on this issue.)

But I think they will try to water it down in the Senate.

muzzled dogg
09-06-2012, 10:49 AM
what's the over-under on this thing in the senate?

sailingaway
09-06-2012, 11:33 AM
what's the over-under on this thing in the senate?

I don't know, but I do see it as showing them we are still here, and they still have to deal with us.