PDA

View Full Version : Why is the DNC controversy receiving more media attention than the RNC shenanigans?

1stAmendguy
09-05-2012, 06:15 PM
This whole controversy with Jerusalem/Israel/God in the Democratic platform today at their convention pales in comparison to the corruption and rule-breaking that transpired at the RNC and yet it's getting more media coverage. Is the media coverage of the DNC controversy a subtle laugh in hindsight at us by the PTB? The major networks pretty much ignored the RNC shenanigans. I'd say it's a clever little way of letting us know "yeah we're suppressing true liberty minded people" if you get my drift.

Cody1
09-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Because it has nothing to do with anything duh

:D

It's all red meat, nothing meaningful like the huge dissent in the R party by liberty minded individuals.

We need the illusion of choice, not actual choice because REAL decisions hurt.

sailingaway
09-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Greta tweeted the teleprompter showing the vote count -- I tweeted back Ben Swann's interview with the teleprompter showing the vote count at RNC.

Brian4Liberty
09-05-2012, 06:19 PM
It was more blatant, and couldn't be ignored as easily.

LibertyEagle
09-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Greta tweeted the teleprompter showing the vote count -- I tweeted back Ben Swann's interview with the teleprompter showing the vote count at RNC.

+rep :D

wgadget
09-05-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't know, but where is GOD in the Constitution, some people say. What I wanna know is, WHERE IS ISRAEL IN THE CONSTITUTION?

CPUd
09-05-2012, 08:26 PM
They are getting more media coverage because the media people there outnumber the delegates.

PointsOfOrder
09-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Here's a schedule of the DNC convention in case you didn't get the email....
Democratic Convention Schedule

4:00 PM – Opening Flag Burning Ceremony
4:05 PM – Singing of "God Damn America" led by Rev. Jeremiah Wright
4:10 PM – Pledge of Allegiance to Obama
4:15 PM – Ceremonial I hate America led by Michelle Obama
4:30 PM – Tips on Dodging Sniper Fire – Hillary Clinton
4:45 PM – Rev Jessie Jackson Leads Castrati Choir in Singing "Great Balls of Fire"
5:00 PM – UFO Abduction Survival – Joe Biden
5:30 PM – Eliot Spitzer Speaks on "Family Values" via Satellite
5:45 PM – Tribute to All 57 States
6:00 PM – Joe Biden Delivers 100,000-Word Speech Featuring 23-Minute Question and 2-Hour Answer
8:30 PM – Airing of Grievances by the Clintons
9:00 PM – Bill Clinton Delivers Rousing Endorsement of Obama Girl
9:15 PM – Tribute Film to Freedom Fighters at Gitmo – Michael Moore
9:45 PM – Personal Finance Seminar - Charlie Rangle
10:00 PM – Denunciation of Bitter Gun Owners
10:30 PM – Ceremonial Waving of White Flag for IRAQ, & Afghanistan
11:00 PM – Obama Energy Plan Symposium/Tire Gauge Demonstration
11:15 PM – Free Gov. Blagojevich rally
11:30 PM – Obama Accepts Tony and Latin Grammy Awards
11:45 PM – Feeding of the Delegates with 5 Loaves and 2 Fish – Obama Presiding
12:00 AM – Official Nomination of Obama by Bill Maher
12:01 AM – Obama Accepts Nomination for Lord and Savior
12:05 AM – Celestial Choirs Sing
3:00 AM – Biden Delivers Acceptance Speech

paulbot24
09-05-2012, 08:59 PM
11:00 PM – Obama Energy Plan Symposium/Tire Gauge Demonstration

That whole thing is hilarious but for some reason I can picture this one so clearly it hurts.

Carlybee
09-05-2012, 09:39 PM
*May be offensive to some* http://www.theonion.com/articles/breaking-bill-clinton-finally-just-shows-america-h,29453/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=manual&utm_campaign=fb-status%3Aquote%3Acta-content

dbill27
09-05-2012, 09:43 PM
It has to do with Israel.

anaconda
09-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Just watched Bill Clinton give a rather poorly delivered and awkward speech. I seem to remember him being a better speaker. BTW the Democratic convention is a lot louder than the RNC, in terms of the people cheering.

sailingaway
09-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Just watched Bill Clinton give a rather poorly delivered and awkward speech. I seem to remember him being a better speaker. BTW the Democratic convention is a lot louder than the RNC, in terms of the people cheering.

as I recall they had the mics off for most of the crowd except the ones pointed at CA and another state Romney controlled, so you couldn't hear the 'End the Fed' chants being covered up by the "USA! USA" chants, at RNC, which may have had some impact.

DeMintConservative
09-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Because the RNC issue was a processional one.

People just don't care about that stuff.

sailingaway
09-05-2012, 09:57 PM

It changed the rules so Ron's 6 states couldn't nominate him. That seems pretty cut and dried even if you don't follow how delegates are selected.

American Idol
09-05-2012, 09:57 PM
BTW the Democratic convention is a lot louder than the RNC, in terms of the people cheering.

They seem to be having more fun with more passion. Less straitjacketed, if you will.

American Idol
09-05-2012, 09:58 PM

It's hard to get fired up over Romney or the RNC. Most people were just there because they hate Obama. Haha

DeMintConservative
09-05-2012, 10:01 PM
It changed the rules so Ron's 6 states couldn't nominate him. That seems pretty cut and dried even if you don't follow how delegates are selected.

Didn't he had only 4 states after the agreement?

Anyway, that's beyond the point: people, your generic voter, simply don't care about process stuff. It's one of the oldest axioms in politics: don't make attack ads on process issues because the median voter won't care and you'll still be taxed with going negative. Arcane convention rules is something only political junkies care about. This ridiculous God and Israel debacle, on the other hand, it's meaty.

sailingaway
09-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Didn't he had only 4 states after the agreement?

Anyway, that's beyond the point: people, your generic voter, simply don't care about process stuff. It's one of the oldest axioms in politics: don't make attack ads on process issues because the median voter won't care and you'll still be taxed with going negative. Arcane convention rules is something only political junkies care about. This ridiculous God and Israel debacle, on the other hand, it's meaty.

No, he had six.

As the New York times did note:

TAMPA, FLA.–It was a far cry from the hijinx at the 1980 convention, when Ted Kennedy tried to wrangle delegates, along with the Democratic nomination, away from President Jimmy Carter–but Ron Paul’s supporters did wage a small-scale revolt in Tampa today.

Delegates from Nevada tried to nominate Mr. Paul from the floor, submitting petitions from their own state as well as Minnesota, Maine, Iowa, Oregon, Alaska and the Virgin Islands. That should have done the trick: Rules require signatures from just five states. But the party changed the rules on the spot. Henceforth, delegates must gather petitions from eight states.

Ron Paul supporters filled the hall with boos and shouts of “no!” Delegates from Maine chanted “point of order!”

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/the-ron-paul-revolt/?smid=tw-share

fr33
09-05-2012, 10:18 PM
The idiot called for a vote 3 different times even though he knew he had to push Obama's agenda against the will of the people.

Ender
09-05-2012, 11:32 PM

Exactly.

TheGrinch
09-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Most definitely by design, both for this crowd being louder and our dissenting crowd at the tnx being quieter. You can just as easily turn down, turn up, and isolte with the proper equipment. Not even really a challenge to.

amonasro
09-06-2012, 12:03 AM

Yup, and good timing too. The high holy days of the Jewish faith are also upon us. It's the equivalent of Easter or Christmas for Christians. Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, etc... and they make it quite clear (at least in the synagogue where I work) what America's stance with Israel is. Also the AIPAC representative they truck in every year will no doubt talk about politics for an hour while everyone has been fasting since the day before.

anaconda
09-06-2012, 01:43 PM
as I recall they had the mics off for most of the crowd except the ones pointed at CA and another state Romney controlled, so you couldn't hear the 'End the Fed' chants being covered up by the "USA! USA" chants, at RNC, which may have had some impact.

Interesting.

anaconda
09-06-2012, 01:45 PM
They seem to be having more fun with more passion. Less straitjacketed, if you will.

They seem to dress more fashionably than their Republican counterparts.

truthspeaker
09-06-2012, 08:21 PM
bump