PDA

View Full Version : the 2016 race for the Republicans (if Romney loses)

cindy25
09-05-2012, 03:17 AM
there will be Ryan

Palin

Huck or Santorum

Rand or another Liberty candidate

a Mormon (Huntsman, Lee, ....)

Christie (if he beats Booker)

Rubio (or another Hispanic)

Bastiat's The Law
09-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Jeb Bush, Christie, Rubio, Ryan, and Paul.

dbill27
09-05-2012, 03:26 AM
I don't see palin, santorum or huckabee running.

dbill27
09-05-2012, 03:26 AM
mitch daniels and mike pence probably though.

Bastiat's The Law
09-05-2012, 03:40 AM
Neither do I.

cindy25
09-05-2012, 06:24 AM

someone will run to get the religious vote

July
09-05-2012, 06:30 AM
someone will run to get the religious vote

There will be somebody early in the race competing for the evangelical and social conservative vote, but I'm not sure who. In a field of Bush, Christie, Rubio, Ryan, and Paul...it just might end up being Rand, but I'm not sure who else yet.

TomtheTinker
09-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Jeb Bush, Christie, Rubio, Ryan, and Paul.

And a Bible thumper

Athan
09-05-2012, 07:05 AM
We should start campaigning for Gary Johnson and Rand 2016 now.

Brian4Liberty
09-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Did everyone somehow miss Condi? She is the front-runner right now.

Huckabee may come back for the evangelical vote. Mainstream media will push Condi, Rubio and Jeb. Christie may not be willing to run, but they would welcome him with open arms too.

I'll go out on a limb and say that Paul LePage may come in as a "liberty" candidate. Of course, there is always Rand.

supermario21
09-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I think Rand will hold off. My gut is that 2020 will be the next time a competitive Republican party is held. I think that would personally be better for Rand because I'd rather have some of these guys like Palin, Huckabee, and Christie or Bush get a little bit more over the hill. I think Christie and Bush would be the front-runners the MSM will push, but I could see them having a hard time winning a primary if a guy like Huckabee is running. That's why I'd rather hope 2020 is in play for Republicans. Huckabee might be more content with private life at that point and Palin could be irrelevant as well. The key to a liberty candidate winning the nomination is that we can't afford to have an evangelical running. Yes, social cons are our rivals, but they're more anti-establishment than you think, and would likely support Rand over a moderate like Christie or Bush. Bush's name is a bit toxic to moderate politics (remember compassionate conservatism?) but Christie will be a major threat. It needs to be liberty vs. moderate with no Evangelicals for us to win.

Bastiat's The Law
09-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Did everyone somehow miss Condi? She is the front-runner right now.

Huckabee may come back for the evangelical vote. Mainstream media will push Condi, Rubio and Jeb. Christie may not be willing to run, but they would welcome him with open arms too.

I'll go out on a limb and say that Paul LePage may come in as a "liberty" candidate. Of course, there is always Rand.
She has stated she's not interested. She has the Bush aura to overcome. She's also pro-choice I believe.

Bastiat's The Law
09-05-2012, 12:55 PM
I think Rand will hold off. My gut is that 2020 will be the next time a competitive Republican party is held. I think that would personally be better for Rand because I'd rather have some of these guys like Palin, Huckabee, and Christie or Bush get a little bit more over the hill. I think Christie and Bush would be the front-runners the MSM will push, but I could see them having a hard time winning a primary if a guy like Huckabee is running. That's why I'd rather hope 2020 is in play for Republicans. Huckabee might be more content with private life at that point and Palin could be irrelevant as well. The key to a liberty candidate winning the nomination is that we can't afford to have an evangelical running. Yes, social cons are our rivals, but they're more anti-establishment than you think, and would likely support Rand over a moderate like Christie or Bush. Bush's name is a bit toxic to moderate politics (remember compassionate conservatism?) but Christie will be a major threat. It needs to be liberty vs. moderate with no Evangelicals for us to win.
Social conservatism always plays well in Iowa.

CaptainAmerica
09-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Jeb Bush will be hated immensely.