PDA

View Full Version : AE State Parties?

individualistforpaul
09-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Do you think this is an option to draft a Ron Paul presidential ticket? The Oklahoma Americans Elect Party managed to nominate the Johnson/Gray ticket. Yet there are still about thirty states, a good 270 electoral votes, with Americans Elect on the ballot and yet no candidate, so why ignore it? We should contact the state parties and even join them when possible. A Ron Paul run would help libertarians across the nation get more seats in some local offices, and it would be much harder for the MSM to ignore him than Gary Johnson. When people see that liberty is a good thing, it'll open up all libertarians' prospects for 2016 and after.

(For consistency, each state party would probably have to agree on some VP. Dennis Kucinich, to reach out to as many like-minded leftists as possible? I only propose him since they've said they'd be open to run with each other before. We wouldn't want Biden/Ryan to be elected VP, or at least I wouldn't.) Of course, I couldn't bear to do anything like this alone, but it seems like it's doable. Oklahoma showed the way, and state parties don't have to nominate whoever the national party says. AE, like I said, is already on enough ballots to have a mathematical chance of winning, so it would be wise to consider it.

individualistforpaul
09-05-2012, 11:50 AM
By the way, I'm pretty sure Ron Paul would be fine with it as long as he doesn't take the place of another candidate. In 2008 something similar happened when some state third party nominated him without his say-so, but Baldwin was already on that state's ballot anyway so it didn't matter to him.

This would also help the national Americans Elect Party get its name out there for future years, if anyone cares about that. But for long-term I think it's best to work withinthe Libertarian and Republican parties.