PDA

View Full Version : So much wrong with this picture, I don't know where to start.

Anti Federalist
09-04-2012, 09:56 PM
And you can hoot and holler and grunt at me all you want:

I find it morally reprehensible that a nation sends young women into combat to be shredded like this, for any reason.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m39o7fCyb81r4pv4yo1_500.jpg

President George W. Bush dances with a wounded warrior at the end of his annual 100-kilometer Warrior mountain bike ride this week in Palo Duro Canyon State Park.

This event highlights the bravery and sacrifice of the warriors wounded in the global war on terror, as well as those organizations that have made continuing commitments to supporting America’s heroes.

About me:

I'm Katie and I'm a 22 year old college student. I'm extremely conservative and I'd call myself a Common Sense Conservative. I support the Tea Party but most importantly, I support the Constitution and the American Dream. I believe America is the best nation on this planet and it's time for a minimally intrusive government that shows that it too believes America is the best nation.
God Bless America.

http://onenationundergod.tumblr.com/post/22089578181/president-george-w-bush-dances-with-a-wounded

Origanalist
09-04-2012, 09:59 PM
I believe America is the best nation on this planet and it's time for a minimally intrusive government that shows that it too believes America is the best nation.
God Bless America.

Um..............

Pericles
09-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Any society that does that to its women deserves to be thrown on the trash heap of history.

jkr
09-04-2012, 10:10 PM
maybe shes a vet...they make our woman fight these days...

Dr.3D
09-04-2012, 10:48 PM
maybe shes a vet...they make our woman fight these days...

President George W. Bush dances with a wounded warrior at the end of his annual 100-kilometer Warrior mountain bike ride this week in Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
Ehhh, yeah!

Last I knew, they volunteered to fight.

mad cow
09-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Hey,they could have stuck to smoking the occasional Virginia Slim behind the barn.
You've come a long way baby.

Anti Federalist
09-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Any society that does that to its women deserves to be thrown on the trash heap of history.

Thank you, that is exactly how I feel.

GuerrillaXXI
09-04-2012, 11:15 PM
This event highlights the bravery and sacrifice of the warriors wounded in the global war on terror, as well as those organizations that have made continuing commitments to supporting America’s heroes.It's pretty easy to be a "brave warrior" when you're fighting on the side of the very powerful against the badly outnumbered and outgunned. But that's how it is in the "War on Terror": anything American forces do is by definition "brave," while anything "insurgents" do to resist is by definition "cowardly." For example, the suicide bomber who kills himself to take out an American convoy is a "coward," but the American drone pilot who blows up a house in Afghanistan using a control station in Arizona is a "hero."

Then again, empty flattery of its armed servants has always been one of the means by which the evil US government lures more people into its service. All you have to do to be a "hero" is sign on the dotted line and agree to obey without question.

I'm Katie and I'm a 22 year old college student. I'm extremely conservative and I'd call myself a Common Sense Conservative. I support the Tea Party but most importantly, I support the Constitution and the American Dream. I believe America is the best nation on this planet and it's time for a minimally intrusive government that shows that it too believes America is the best nation.
God Bless America."Hi, I'm Katie. I'm 22 years old and hopelessly brainwashed by patriotard propaganda."

Evidently she thinks George W. Bush is a swell guy for sending her to get her leg blown off for an agenda that had NOTHING to do with defending America. And of course we all know what a champion of limited government and the Constitution we had in Bush. Way to pick your heroes, Katie.

TheFreeEconomy
09-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Um..............
I pretty much had the same reaction.

susano
09-05-2012, 12:26 AM
People are fucked in the head. All over the world, but especially here, people put empire before the people they love. It's a vicious circle. One generation after another marches off to war. They MUST convince themselves it was not in vain. To think otherwise risks uncontrollable rage. So, they willingly sacrifice the next generations - fathers, sons and brothers, all for (essentially) corporations and the power hungry. Now, it's mothers, wives and daughters. No thought whatsoever for the children of these women. When I see a news/propaganda piece of a young mother returning from war with her kids running toward her, my thought about her is, "WTF were you thinking?". I think the same about the men. Sad, sad, sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hN7hYVlJ1Y

I met a young soldier
He said his name was Killer Kyle
He was shakin' all over
Like a night-frightened child
This is his story
It's a tough one for me to sing
Hard as the squawk and the flap
And the beat of the beat of black wings

"They gave me a gun" he said
"They gave me a mission
For the power and the glory
Propaganda piss on 'em
There's a war zone inside me
I can feel things exploding
I can't even hear the fucking music playing
For the beat of the beat of black wings"

He said "I never had nothin'
Nothin' I could believe in
My girl killed our unborn child
Without even grievin
I put my hands on her belly
To feel the kid kickin' damn!
She'd been to some clinic
Oh the beat of black wings"

"They want you they need you
They train you to kill
To be a pin on some map
Some vicarious thrill
The old hate the young
That's the whole heartless thing
The old pick the wars
We die in 'em
To the beat of the beat of black wings"

There's a man drawing pictures
On the sidewalk with chalk
Just as fast as he draws 'em
Rain come down and wash 'em off
"Keep the drinks comin' girl
'Til I can't feel anything
I'm just a chalk mark in a rainstorm
I'm just the beat of black wings

fr33
09-05-2012, 12:43 AM
He lives only about 100 miles from me. If ever I had the opportunity to be at an event he was also present, I would shout at the top of my lungs at that war criminal. I can safely travel to more countries than he can and he was our president. And I don't need security.

Humanae Libertas
09-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Um why only women? I think its immoral to send anyone to fight illegal wars, and get their limbs blown off.

pcosmar
09-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Um why only women? I think its immoral to send anyone to fight illegal wars, and get their limbs blown off.

Not only women.. Especially women.
The wars we are in are immoral.. and pointless.

But even in defense,, men have long protected women and children. with women fighting only when it was desperate.

Putting women on the front lines goes against the nature of man.

kathy88
09-05-2012, 06:25 AM
As sexist as it sounds I agree. We need to be here for our children.

juleswin
09-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Women make up the majority of the voting block. Maybe we would have less wars if more of them got injured in senseless wars. In fact if it was left up to me, ONLY women and their girl children will be fighting our wars. Men are too stupid to be concerned with men suffering but let a woman suffer just for a milisec and the outrage from the collective public will shutdown these wars and all the foreign military bases.

In the world we live in now, we are all equal both men and women. I am not going to put any man's life at risk in order to spare a woman. This is not the stone age where females were vital to the survival of our communities, we got plenty of em now. More than enough to make another 6 billion people if the resources are available.

PaulConventionWV
09-05-2012, 06:30 AM

It's only lately that it's become sexist to say such things and I hate it. I can't stand the idea that we might stop cherishing our women and treating them like men. They have a special role in our society and I'm not ashamed to say that.

I knew a girl in high school who was just the sweetest thing. We talked a lot but lost touch after she went to Iraq. I wish so bad that she hadn't gone because I miss her to this day.

tod evans
09-05-2012, 06:46 AM
I don't agree with women in the military.......But.......It was women who sought the positions..

The whole men/women relationship in society has been going through a flux my entire life and I've listened to both sides argue their talking points until it hurts.

My belief is that the role of our military is a much more important issue than which sex serves in it, and that role is being redefined several times each presidency...

From preemptive "war" to drone killings of Americans..........Our military really needs a commander in chief that has the balls to hold the troops under constitutional authority instead of playing games in world politics.

War is war and the constitution spells out how it is to be declared, if the commander in chief doesn't have the balls to adhere to the constitution then maybe one who possesses a vagina could do it?

fr33
09-05-2012, 06:47 AM
War is war and the constitution spells out how it is to be declared, if the commander in chief doesn't have the balls to adhere to the constitution then maybe one who possesses a vagina could do it?It would require them to tell the truth to the American people. In other words, not likely.

TonySutton
09-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Wow, I thought people here believed in letting people make decisions for themselves. If a woman wants to join the military she should be allowed. No one is forcing her. If she chooses to be part of a forward unit in a combat zone then she should be allowed. The only problem I have with women in forward units is the men. Often the men spend too much time trying to coddle these women who just want to do the job they were trained to do, just like the men.

And for the record, I served 20 years in the Marines working on Ch-53 helicopters. We had women in our squadrons for the majority of the time I served and had women in forward units aboard ships in the Arabian Sea close enough to Kuwait to see and hear the bombs exploding. I have worked with many of these women and nearly all wanted to be treated equally and to be able to do their job just like the men.

The problem is the war, not the women.

acptulsa
09-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Did you see the artificial leg-equipped warriors the Republicans trotted out at the beginning of their shindig? It was like, support more war and join the Army and maybe you can be the next Six Million Dollar Man. It seriously looked like a scene out of War, Inc. They're shameless.

If someone was responsible for me getting my leg blown off, the last thing I would do is an appearance with him designed to reassure the public that it's all good--I like for one of my legs to have more chrome than a De Soto.

specsaregood
09-05-2012, 07:29 AM
If someone was responsible for me getting my leg blown off, the last thing I would do is an appearance with him designed to reassure the public that it's all good--I like for one of my legs to have more chrome than a De Soto.

Dunno, if you suffer such a loss it might be more comforting and easier to cope with the belief that you lost it for a great cause rather than because of 10fat men in a room.

pcosmar
09-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Dunno, if you suffer such a loss it might be more comforting and easier to cope with the belief that you lost it for a great cause rather than because of 10fat men in a room.

No one wants to look into that room.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

:(

Tankbot85
09-05-2012, 07:59 AM

How about Men or Women? What makes a woman so much more special than a man? Nothing. We are all equal and none of us should have to go to war for a government that is pushing its weight around for no reason.

James Madison
09-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Did you see the artificial leg-equipped warriors the Republicans trotted out at the beginning of their shindig? It was like, support more war and join the Army and maybe you can be the next Six Million Dollar Man. It seriously looked like a scene out of War, Inc. They're shameless.

Stockholm Syndrome.

brandon
09-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Man, Bush is looking seriously elderly.

If we had a draft I'd agree with you AF, but we don't. She enlisted and sent herself.

pcosmar
09-05-2012, 08:30 AM
How about Men or Women? What makes a woman so much more special than a man? Nothing. We are all equal and none of us should have to go to war for a government that is pushing its weight around for no reason.

Though I agree that these wars are friggin' stupid,, and no one should be involved in them..

And I can agree on equality. Men and Women are equal,, They are also very very different.

There was a time that Men understood this.

shane77m
09-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Though I agree that these wars are friggin' stupid,, and no one should be involved in them..

And I can agree on equality. Men and Women are equal,, They are also very very different.

+rep

AuH20
09-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Wow, I thought people here believed in letting people make decisions for themselves. If a woman wants to join the military she should be allowed. No one is forcing her. If she chooses to be part of a forward unit in a combat zone then she should be allowed. The only problem I have with women in forward units is the men. Often the men spend too much time trying to coddle these women who just want to do the job they were trained to do, just like the men.

And for the record, I served 20 years in the Marines working on Ch-53 helicopters. We had women in our squadrons for the majority of the time I served and had women in forward units aboard ships in the Arabian Sea close enough to Kuwait to see and hear the bombs exploding. I have worked with many of these women and nearly all wanted to be treated equally and to be able to do their job just like the men.

The problem is the war, not the women.

So true.

smithtg
09-05-2012, 08:44 AM

look at it this way, she could live in the middle east and be really opressed

and in a free country if she wants to fight, she should be able to

jmdrake
09-05-2012, 08:59 AM
I guess people focus on different things. This is what I thought was surreal.

God Bless America.

It's sad that someone who believes in a "minimally intrusive government" hasn't apparently come to the realization that any government that engages in elective wars is by definition maximally intrusive. I only hope this beautiful young lady will have this kind of an awakening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeHdzLcZDBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtBbAuqvNxo&feature=relmfu

If we followed the constitution we would only have a defensively postured, well armed and trained militia. It would go into actually only when we were faced with invasion. Under those circumstances, women in combat makes sense. If the enemy has broken through the frontlines you do need to be prepared to defend yourself and your children.

AGRP
09-05-2012, 09:22 AM
We live in a world were dumb morbidly obese men are more qualified to be cops because requiring them to jump over a fence or hiring someone smart is considered discrimination. Your future is dim if youre ever in a life threatening situation. Think of this while your wondering why its taking so long for help to arrive after dialing 911.

coastie
09-05-2012, 09:30 AM

I find it morally reprehensible that a nation sends young women into combat to be shredded like this, for any reason.

http://onenationundergod.tumblr.com/post/22089578181/president-george-w-bush-dances-with-a-wounded

Just 22, huh?

Looks like she's a good looking 40 yr old, amazing what the worst kind of stress in the world does to someone.

I just had a medically retired Marine move in next door. I'm not sure of his age, but he's younger than me(35). 90% disabled, and has all of his limbs...but a PTSD basket case. Asked me to give warning before we do fireworks. :(

A 5 minute intro turned into a 2 1/2 hour listening session on my end. In a nutshell, and as others have pointed out, when you are this messed up, physically and mentally, you tend to hang on to whatever philosophy best justifies your current predicament.

jmdrake
09-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Just 22, huh?

Looks like she's a good looking 40 yr old, amazing what the worst kind of stress in the world does to someone.

I just had a medically retired Marine move in next door. I'm not sure of his age, but he's younger than me(35). 90% disabled, and has all of his limbs...but a PTSD basket case. Asked me to give warning before we do fireworks. :(

A 5 minute intro turned into a 2 1/2 hour listening session on my end. In a nutshell, and as others have pointed out, when you are this messed up, physically and mentally, you tend to hang on to whatever philosophy best justifies your current predicament.

Edit: Looking at the link, I'm not sure if "Kate" is the woman in the picture, or if she simply posted the picture. I clicked on other links on the website and found this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8psr2oMsS1r3quhlo1_1280.jpg

Seems like she posts random stuff from people that she finds interesting. We should send her some Ron Paul stuff.

fisharmor
09-05-2012, 10:17 AM

I think in 20 years, after her clock is about done ticking and she's still childless because all the people who offered are the type who are sexually attracted to amputees, she might come around.

NorfolkPCSolutions
09-05-2012, 11:35 AM
So much wrong with the photo, true...caption contest? :-)

http://s16.postimage.org/oa6y8shpx/tumblr_m39o7f_Cyb81r4pv4yo1_500.jpg

AGRP
09-05-2012, 11:53 AM

Yeah. I dont think that Id have the heart to tell wounded people that their current state is essentially the result of lies. And we wonder why so many Vietnam vets ended up like they did.

amy31416
09-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Yeah. I dont think that Id have the heart to tell wounded people that their current state is essentially the result of lies. And we wonder why so many Vietnam vets ended up like they did.

Doesn't it take more heart to actually tell them? Many may not be able to hear it, but those that can can direct their anger appropriately.

Anti Federalist
09-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Not only women.. Especially women.
The wars we are in are immoral.. and pointless.

But even in defense,, men have long protected women and children. with women fighting only when it was desperate.

Putting women on the front lines goes against the nature of man.

That.

It isn't about whether women can "do it" or not.

It isn't about whether women should "be allowed" to do it or not.

It is about faded and dead notions of chivalry and what is flat out right and wrong.

As Pericles already noted, any society that puts woman on it's front combat lines, not only deserves to be, but will be, thrown upon the ash heap of history.

Just ask the USSR.

Dr.3D
09-05-2012, 12:29 PM
What that does is tell them, their buddies died for nothing. Of course they already know that, but to rub it in sometimes causes problems.
I am a Vietnam vet and I know all of that was for absolutely nothing. When people try to thank me for fighting to keep our country safe, I tell them, all I was doing was trying to stay alive. I didn't think fighting over there had anything to do with keeping our country safe.

AuH20
09-05-2012, 12:38 PM
I think most of the military bashing is unwarranted, in that is a 100% volunteer army.

However, usually when a freshly minted high school graduate wants to enlist in one of the military branches, I usually ask the potential serviceman or servicewoman one key question?? What is your primary motivation to enlist?? If they say they want to serve their country, I kindly remind them that they are signing away their personal sovereignty to the whims of global leaders. Technically, prospective enlistees really aren't serving their country, given the ambiguous, multinational role of the U.S. armed forces. It's very much a farce. But if an individual is keenly aware of the potential risks and wants to develop certain rare skills, then you really can't begrudge them to embark on that path.

fr33
09-05-2012, 01:03 PM
I think most of the military bashing is unwarranted, in that is a 100% volunteer army.

However, usually when a freshly minted high school graduate wants to enlist in one of the military branches, I usually ask the potential serviceman or servicewoman one key question?? What is your primary motivation to enlist?? If they say they want to serve their country, I kindly remind them that they are signing away their personal sovereignty to the whims of global leaders. Technically, prospective enlistees really aren't serving their country, given the ambiguous, multinational role of the U.S. armed forces. It's very much a farce. But if an individual is keenly aware of the potential risks and wants to develop certain rare skills, then you really can't begrudge them to embark on that path.
It's fine to bash the brass at the top though.

Considering the state if the military industrial complex I suggest nobody enlist. Force them to reinstate the draft and do everything you can to dodge it.

AGRP
09-05-2012, 01:05 PM

So, in your world amorality rules as long as those who are in power say its ok to do anything that is 100% immoral and on a volunteer basis. Its ok to rape and kill your innocent neighbor because youre doing it voluntarily and we wont punish you for it. Oh...heres some college tuition and low interest loans if you "volunteer" to do it. Remember, most of the military bashing is unwarranted because they voluntarily signed up and were just "following orders."

http://lewrockwell.com/vance/vance276.html

awake
09-05-2012, 01:06 PM

The pure truth of the matter is that she volunteered to kill for the man she is dancing one legged with. She came up short on the deal (no pun intended). There is a much better case to be made that the people who blew her leg off were actually defending their country.

"Defending" your property while sitting in your neighbors front room with a gun pointed at him isn't defending your property.

WesSeid
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Lots of sexism in this thread.

Why shouldn't women be fighting in wars?

"Because they're Girls!"

Anti Federalist
09-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Lots of sexism in this thread.

Why shouldn't women be fighting in wars?

"Because they're Girls!"

If that's what you want to call it.

I call it chivalry and manhood.

But then again, I'm an old fashioned fuddy duddy whose ideas will die with him.

All hail the cosmopolitan global goulash, where we all kill each other, as long as we do it with diversity and equality.

AGRP
09-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Doesn't it take more heart to actually tell them? Many may not be able to hear it, but those that can can direct their anger appropriately.

Not if they're in the mental state of the person who was described. If anything I would indirectly lead them there by sharing an off topic article on lewrockwell.

heavenlyboy34
09-05-2012, 01:49 PM

That is soooo un-PC. Silence, citizen!

shane77m
09-05-2012, 01:51 PM
If that's what you want to call it.

I call it chivalry and manhood.

But then again, I'm an old fashioned fuddy duddy whose ideas will die with him.

All hail the cosmopolitan global goulash, where we all kill each other, as long as we do it with diversity and equality.

+rep

awake
09-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Why do only men get to go off to some foreign land and make hamburger of other human beings, come back as voided spirits for what they saw and did, and spend the rest of their lives pep talking themselves to prevent any trace of their conscience from piercing their reality?

The "brilliant" principle of Equality demands nothing less than this experience be available to all "official", "oppressed "minorities" too. Anything else is simply sexist and racist.

It's a stroke of evil genus that they can convince people through Egalitarianism to leap gloriously off a building because white men are "privileged" to do so.

Egalitarianism is child like reasoning passing itself of as enlightened wisdom. Just another word for foolishness.

Brian4Liberty
09-05-2012, 02:30 PM
...when a freshly minted high school graduate wants to enlist in one of the military branches, I usually ask the potential serviceman or servicewoman one key question?? What is your primary motivation to enlist??...

And how often is the answer that they can't get a job? Does the establishment really want to fix "unemployment" in the US?

FindLiberty
09-05-2012, 03:42 PM
That pix needs thought bubbles in idiot cartoon font; Bush is thinkin', "Boy, she's sure light on her foot."

I don't know what she's thinkin' (and posting)... might be due to the coping pills
they probably gave her at the vet hospital. I hope she's gonna' be OK.

She's sure as Hell got more guts than I'll ever have.

Pericles
09-05-2012, 04:12 PM

A society can sacrifice 50% to 70% of its males in order to survive, the loss of so many females of child bearing age will kill the society in another generation.

MelissaWV
09-05-2012, 04:17 PM
It isn't about women being frail flowers, or needing to be there "for the children"... it's about anyone losing limbs and lives overseas for wars we shouldn't be fighting, funded with money they shouldn't be stealing from us.

Pericles
09-05-2012, 04:28 PM
look at it this way, she could live in the middle east and be really opressed

and in a free country if she wants to fight, she should be able to

Look at it this way, the military is not structured to maximize individual career potential, the imperative is to win wars because the survival of the group depends on that. Women have become integral to the all volunteer force, because they can't recruit enough guys to fill the positions. The presence of women in the unit more often than not detract from unit capability (some functions being an exception, primarily medical and admin), except for the loss of time due to pregnancy.

The racial integration is a false analogy, as the segregated Army had black infantry and cavalry regiments and "white" infantry and cavalry regiments. There aren't any all women infantry units to integrate, and for very good reasons. The upper body strength required really place o toll on the women physically.

Never mind the cultural implications mentioned previously.