PDA

View Full Version : Reception + Dinner With Ken Cuccinelli (VA) @ LPAC

Matt Collins
09-04-2012, 07:06 PM
http://lpac.com/2012/08/29/reception-and-dinner-with-ken-cuccinelli/

Ken is the DA of VA and was the first to sue under Obamacare. He is an up and coming guy on the conservative scene.

coffeewithgames
09-04-2012, 07:08 PM
http://lpac.com/2012/08/29/reception-and-dinner-with-ken-cuccinelli/

Ken is the DA of VA and was the first to sue under Obamacare. He is an up and coming guy on the conservative scene.

Shouldn't this be moved to another section? If video interviews with campaign staffers get moved from here, why not this?

kathy88
09-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Please can we have more money grubbing threads about LPAC?

coffeewithgames
09-04-2012, 07:15 PM

LOL! I'm just trying to figure out things around here. Videos with official campaign staffers being interviewed get moved to the nose-bleed sections around here where few will see them, and other random forum threads sit around for ages...

Official campaign staffer interview = gets moved.
Threads about Gary Johnson = stay.

BTW, I may have missed it, did you reply to my question about speakers at PaulFest? I need to go check that thread now...

kathy88
09-04-2012, 07:20 PM
LOL! I'm just trying to figure out things around here. Videos with official campaign staffers being interviewed get moved to the nose-bleed sections around here where few will see them, and other random forum threads sit around for ages...

Official campaign staffer interview = gets moved.
Threads about Gary Johnson = stay.

BTW, I may have missed it, did you reply to my question about speakers at PaulFest? I need to go check that thread now...I can't remember.

Keith and stuff
09-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Shouldn't this be moved to another section? If video interviews with campaign staffers get moved from here, why not this?

Maybe it should be posted in the VA and even MD state sections. Either way, I think Ken Cuccinelli is the AG, not the DA, of VA. He seems to be running for governor so I agree with Matt that he is an up and coming guy on the conservative scene.

angelatc
09-04-2012, 07:37 PM

Hey!!! Benton's gotta make his mortgage payment, you know.

HOLLYWOOD
09-04-2012, 07:42 PM
I do like Cooch...

If you search for him on C-SPAN's Washington Journal Library, you can find his appearnaces on the show. He slaps down alot of dumbass callers/tweets with logic, liberty, and freedom.

Feeding the Abscess
09-04-2012, 07:48 PM

Above all else, this is why Benton derides true believers as "people who want to dress in black, stand on a hill, and yell 'smash the state!' "

If the state were indeed smashed, Benton wouldn't have a job.

Politics will never bring freedom, and this is exactly why.

FSP-Rebel
09-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm another fan of Kenny C. He was one of the key litigators against Obamacare from Landmark Legal.

Keith and stuff
09-04-2012, 08:06 PM

I'd actually vote for a C4L section. That would keep it all in 1 area so it wouldn't be spread out all over the Forum.

The Gold Standard
09-04-2012, 08:19 PM
How is he on the Patriot Act? Or is that unimportant nowadays?

Lightweis
09-04-2012, 08:20 PM
How is he on the Patriot Act? Or is that unimportant nowadays?

I am pretty sure he is against it. He is a pretty solid liberty candidate in Virginia

GeorgiaAvenger
09-04-2012, 08:24 PM
I am pretty sure he is against it. He is a pretty solid liberty candidate in Virginia

He is the frontrunner to be their next Governor as well, ahead of Lt. Gov Bill Bolling.

Rebelrouser
09-07-2012, 05:12 AM
As far as being a liberty candidate, I'm still unsure about Cuccinelli. He seems to speak and act out for the Constitution an liberty only when its politically convenient. He was conspicuously silent on the RNC problems and how the VA delegation was treated. He posted a little fluff piece about the gig being postponed on Monday, but thats about it. He'll take jabs at the Democrat's unconstitutional policies, but says nothing about the Republicans pushing unconstitutional wars. Liberty is about principles, not partisanship. Would Cuccinelli have sued the Feds if it was a Republican president who put forth and signed the Affordable Care Act? It remains to be seen just how much of a liberty guy Cuccinelli really is.

All that being said, he is very friendly towards the liberty wing and has made an effort to work with them. Thats a lot more than most establishment guys have done. I will say one thing. If Cuccinelli pledges to finish what Gilmore started and (make an effort to) get rid of that G&! D&@$ car tax, AKA "Personal property Tax", I'll work like hell to get him elected!

Aratus
09-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Matt Collins likes him. He got a temp ban
for spamming a few threads like this one!

devil21
09-07-2012, 03:56 PM

The influence one could possibly gain by attending events like these shouldn't be underestimated. Not much is free in politics. Sucks but it is what it is.

afwjam
09-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Can someone point me towards the staffer interviews?

Rebelrouser
09-13-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm still leaning toward Cuccinelli being more of an establishment guy.

http://revolutionpac.com/articles/cuccinelli-pleads-impotence-to-charges-of-cover-up