PDA

View Full Version : www.garyjohnson2012.com Hints at RP VP offer, no mention of Jim Gray

presence
09-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Check the intro video. Nothing but Paul.

Check the logo... still just "Gary Johnson" not "Johnson/Gray"

No mention of Jim Gray on intro/cover page:

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/

Nothing but the Good Doctor!

Here's the youtube of the intro video:

GARY JOHNSON - Ron Paul REVOLUTIONARY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xrU6hTWyj6s

I'm Gary Johnson.
As a former Republican Govenor I endorsed Ron Paul in 2008.
While appearing in a nationally televised debate in 2012 I was asked whom I would select as my running mate if elected:

I said Doctor Ron Paul, without Hesitation.

His efforts have changed America; they have changed me.
The Revolution he ignited in the hearts and mind of Americans will not fade away.
It grows stronger every day and will continue to grow because Ron Paul is right.

Be a Libertarian with me one time

Together we'll send the unmistakable message that the Ron Paul Revolution isn't a fluke.

Its the Future!

Live Free!

Scrolling text:

Gary Johnson
Libertarian Candidate for President
Be a Libertarian
One time
Send a Message
Live Free
End the Wars
Abolish the IRS
Audit the Fed
End the War on Drugs
Keep Liberty Alive

Gary Johnson 2012:
Be a Libertarian with Me

Participate in your Freedom
Donate to it
Gary Johnson 2012

Ron in the LP VP slot = liberty movement unity AND Ron Paul on MSM commenting on the debates every night.

Ultimately, what paulite would deny a ticket w/ P in the VP? None
What "libertarian party" would deny a ticket w/ GJ in Pres position? None
And what "undecided, establisment scorn" wouldn't flock to a libertarian ticket w/ RP in the VP given choice Obomney, Roboma, or C?

Win win win. = 40% ???

There would be no greater smack in the face of the establishment and social order than GJ in the Whitehouse and no easier way for him to get there than w/ RP as VP.

And even if J/P ticket loses... it gave all the "protest vote" people a common ticket to chant for,

which gives "the anti-establishment" a moment of national unity under the "Libertarian" banner

and LIKELY a double digit showing in the election.

win win win... smack, finishing move, bonus completion points.

The short story is that [many important members of the Libertarian campaign] contacted me, and

they would do what it takes

to have you on their ticket as a VP Candidate.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?388800-Ron-Paul-on-Jay-Leno-(9-4-12)-The-OFFICIAL-Thread&p=4629019&viewfull=1#post4629019

presence

kathy88
09-04-2012, 05:41 PM
I'd take that ticket. Only way I'd vote for Johnson in fact. I know everyone wants Ron at the top of the ticket, but he would have exorbitant influence on Gary, I'm sure, without the stress and publicity. Win/win for RP I'd say. And it wouldn't be seen as Ron "taking over" the LP, it would be seen as him joining them because of the GOP corruption.

sailingaway
09-04-2012, 05:42 PM
VP makes no sense for Ron. He'd bring everything, get nothing, and neither of them would be in the debates because Gary is polling 1% with over 60% not knowing who he is, per Rasmussen. The point of it would be to get Ron in the Presidential debates. But wouldn't that require just as much a rule change as giving Ron the top slot?

Not that Gary or the LP have to do any of this, but that one article was raising the rules, and if this is doable I would think that were, as well.

anewvoice
09-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Grasping. At. Straws.

thatpeculiarcat
I think that video is just a way for Johnson to get RP supporters.

I don't think it hints at anything.

VictorB
If you go on the main site, and scroll down a bit, there is a whole section dedicated to Jim Gray.

As much as I would love RP to have the VP slot, I don't think it's going to happen.

tangent4ronpaul
09-04-2012, 05:56 PM
VP makes no sense for Ron. He'd bring everything, get nothing, and neither of them would be in the debates because Gary is polling 1% with over 60% not knowing who he is, per Rasmussen. The point of it would be to get Ron in the Presidential debates. But wouldn't that require just as much a rule change as giving Ron the top slot?

Not that Gary or the LP have to do any of this, but that one article was raising the rules, and if this is doable I would think that were, as well.

The rules say nothing about one or both stepping down, other than if it's the prez slot the VP steps up. It's uncharted territory, so they can basically do anything.

-t

alsis8xmy
I can get behind this ticket, when is the money bomb!!

CaptLouAlbano
I think that video is just a way for Johnson to get RP supporters.

I don't think it hints at anything.

Exactly. Johnson needs gullible people to send him money so he can travel around the country, stay in hotels, eat out every night and pretend to be a candidate for President that is being taken seriously by anyone other than 0.5% of the voting public. The more "viable" he appears, the more copies of his book he can sell from his web store.

torchbearer
09-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Exactly. Johnson needs gullible people to send him money so he can travel around the country, stay in hotels, eat out every night and pretend to be a candidate for President that is being taken seriously by anyone other than 0.5% of the voting public. The more "viable" he appears, the more copies of his book he can sell from his web store.

with friends like you, who needs enemies.
i hear canibalism is a growing trend. maybe i'll join you.

Sola_Fide
09-04-2012, 06:04 PM
with friends like you, who needs enemies.
i hear canibalism is a growing trend. maybe i'll join you.

He's got a point though. Running for president can be a lucrative venture.

thatpeculiarcat
09-04-2012, 06:05 PM

I don't think that was the point I was trying to make and I don't think that is in any way what Johnson is trying to do.

torchbearer
09-04-2012, 06:05 PM

it can also be a pain-in-the-ass thankless task where you have to put up with douche bags like the aholes on this forum.
we don't need enemies, we have ourselves.

CaptLouAlbano
09-04-2012, 06:06 PM

Just ask Alan Keyes. His speaking fees always went up when his bio was freshly padded with "former Presidential candidate"

presence
09-04-2012, 06:08 PM
VP makes no sense for Ron. He'd bring everything, get nothing,

To work alone are we entitled, never its fruit.
-Bhagavad Gita

You think Ron really cares what's in it for him? Is that the type you pick him for?

and neither of them would be in the debates because Gary is polling 1% with over 60% not knowing who he is, per Rasmussen.

If the Johnson/Gray ticket became a Johnson/Paul ticket overnight I'll bet you 2 Romneybucks Johnson's Rasmussen is up to 2% minimum the following day.

The point of it would be to get Ron in the Presidential debates. But wouldn't that require just as much a rule change as giving Ron the top slot?

MSM speaking slot after each debate is just as good.

NoOneButPaul
09-04-2012, 06:09 PM

Totally agree.

They need to flip if this is going to work.

CaptLouAlbano
09-04-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't think that was the point I was trying to make and I don't think that is in any way what Johnson is trying to do.

My apologies to you, but I meant what I said. Johnson is either completely delusional and thinks that he can win, or he is using this run for his own personal gain in some way. And it is not just Johnson that does this, others have as well. I get a little more burned up over Johnson than the others though, since Johnson is trying to sponge off the success that Ron Paul has had bringing in new donors to the political process.

alsis8xmy
09-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Folks, If you are going to vote at all, you have to ask, who of the 3 people on the ballot best REPRESENTS your views? For those that would write-in RP, the GJ/RP ticket would yield more impact than a write-in to advance the cause of liberty going forward! This is a no-brainer win-win to me.

thatpeculiarcat
09-04-2012, 06:14 PM
My apologies to you, but I meant what I said. Johnson is either completely delusional and thinks that he can win, or he is using this run for his own personal gain in some way. And it is not just Johnson that does this, others have as well. I get a little more burned up over Johnson than the others though, since Johnson is trying to sponge off the success that Ron Paul has had bringing in new donors to the political process.

But I don't believe Johnson is doing this.
I put in bold something in your post that people used to say about Ron Paul.
He doesn't have a chance because he isn't given one.

parocks
09-04-2012, 06:15 PM

The most likely reason is that Johnson thinks it's good that people have a choice. He's a nice, solid, respectable, legitimate protest vote. I assume I'll vote for GJ.

ClydeCoulter
09-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Folks, If you are going to vote at all, you have to ask, who of the 3 people on the ballot best REPRESENTS your views? For those that would write-in RP, the GJ/RP ticket would yield more impact than a write-in to advance the cause of liberty going forward! This is a no-brainer win-win to me.

To me, that's choosing the lesser of the two options, RP/GJ, GJ/RP.
I want the better of the 2 options, and I would think it benefits Gary more also.

parocks
09-04-2012, 06:18 PM

It's even easier than that - who would be the best President? Obama, Romney, Johnson? Ron Paul probably won't be on the ballot as a VP or at the top of the ticket.

Gary Johnson is the only true conservative. Obama and Romney would govern the same.

torchbearer
09-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Ron Paul: Libertarian Johnson is “wonderful” (http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2012/09/04/ron-paul-libertarian-johnson-is-wonderful/)
http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2012/09/04/ron-paul-libertarian-johnson-is-wonderful/

Texas’ Republican Rep. Ron Paul has yet to endorse in the race for president,
but is showering praise on the long shot Libertarian Party candidate, ex-New
Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson.

“I think he’s wonderful, and I think he’s doing a good job and people should
look at him and every individual should make up his own mind,” Paul, who sought
the Republican nomination, told Fox
News. (http://www.foxnews.com/)

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/files/2012/09/paul-150x150.jpg (http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/files/2012/09/paul.jpg)
Ron Paul, R-Texas, Republican presidential candidate,
March 2012. (Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images) / SL

But Jesse Benton, who directed Paul’s 2012 presidential campaign, told the Daily Caller (http://www.dailycaller.com/) that Paul “will not endorse
Gary Johnson.”

Still, the sound bite to Fox News has become part of a Gary Johnson video in
which former Paul supporters sing Johnson’s praises. Paul was the Libertarians’
candidate for president in 1988, between two stints in Congress as a
Republican.

Paul supporters are continuing to fight for power in the Republican Party,
and the congressman’s son, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, has staked his future in
the GOP and spoke to its convention last week.

But Ron Paul voice dissatisfaction with Mitt Romney’s convention acceptance
speech.

“I remain very very skeptical of hearing anything that will change the course
of history,” he told Bloomberg News. “There was no talk of the Federal
Reserve. One of the engines of spending is militarism and empire and he
enhanced. He was pushing it.”

Johnson served two terms as governor of New Mexico, as a Republican. He was
briefly a candidate for the 2012 GOP nomination, but later sought and won the
Libertarians’ nod. Johnson is an outspoken critic of the War on Drugs and
advocates legalization of cannabis.

Billionaire oilman David Koch ran for vice president on the Libertarians’
1980 ticket, but this year is spending and raising as much as $400 million to
back Republican candidates.

presence
09-04-2012, 06:19 PM
If you go on the main site, and scroll down a bit, there is a whole section dedicated to Jim Gray.

As much as I would love RP to have the VP slot, I don't think it's going to happen.

sure... thats:

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/front

but if you go to:

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com

No mention of Gray; NOBP.

CaptLouAlbano
09-04-2012, 06:26 PM
But I don't believe Johnson is doing this.
I put in bold something in your post that people used to say about Ron Paul.
He doesn't have a chance because he isn't given one.

Paul didn't have a chance in 08, but his exposure allowed him to build a base for a more realistic run in 12, and to launch CFL. In 12 Paul did have a shot at it going into Iowa, we were all witness to it.

Everyone that runs for President (and for that matter any major office) has a primary and secondary reason for running. The primary usually is because they have a shot to win, but the secondary can range from building a base to other more personal reasons (financial gain, notoriety, etc). Take Santorum for example, his secondary reason for running this year was to position himself for the future. Newt's was probably to up his speaking fees and keep his name in the national spotlight.

Johnson isn't given a chance because the LP is a complete failure as a political party. In 40 years of trying (1000's of times mind you) they have never won a Congressional seat. They do not have anyone within the party that has won an elected office at the state level in over 10 years - they do not know how to win an election. They have no farm team, they have no candidates running that have the name recognition in their districts to get more than a few percentage points. And they have been in a steady decline as far as their Presidential candidates for years now - their best finish was in 1980. They are a glorified debating society and little more. If they could actually win an elected office on their own (the large majority of their 12 state legislature victories were with fusion candidates) then maybe some people will actually pay attention to them. But until they do, anything they put out there is an exercise in futility.

sailingaway
09-04-2012, 06:44 PM
To work alone are we entitled, never its fruit.
-Bhagavad Gita

You think Ron really cares what's in it for him? Is that the type you pick him for?

If the Johnson/Gray ticket became a Johnson/Paul ticket overnight I'll bet you 2 Romneybucks Johnson's Rasmussen is up to 2% minimum the following day.

MSM speaking slot after each debate is just as good.

great, then let Gary take that ... :rolleyes:

Seriously, the only incentive for Ron is to be in the debates. He would bring polling numbers to get there and Gary's wont get him or whomever his VP is there. It just doesn't make sense.

I can't see them winning if they aren't in the debates so any 'influence' after election doesn't seem like a practical incentive to me.

However, I also don't see the LP running to take the institutional steps necessary to make either VP or Presidential nominee change happen. I agree this seems to be about Gary trying to get RP supporters to vote for Gary, not a suggestion that they are trying to bring Ron in.

MozoVote
09-04-2012, 06:48 PM
The Libertarian chairman has already said it would make ballot access difficult. And the Libertarian party already expends a vast portion of its budget on existing ballot access.

Aint. Gonna. Happen.

sailingaway
09-04-2012, 06:52 PM
The Libertarian chairman has already said it would make ballot access difficult. And the Libertarian party already expends a vast portion of its budget on existing ballot access.

Aint. Gonna. Happen.

Yeah, but if Ron were willing to file for matching funds from his primary run, the budget would be one the LP has never seen. But I agree it doesn't look like it is happening. I had thought there was actual interest on the LP side in pushing this, initially.

American Idol
09-04-2012, 06:55 PM

Aint. Gonna. Happen.

Well looks like they'll get 0.45% of the vote again and then be on their merry way...almost halfway to one percent. You can do it!

RPsupporterAtHeart
09-04-2012, 07:00 PM
They misspelled telEvised

just saying... ;)

wgadget
09-04-2012, 07:27 PM
I think GJ should be a Libertarian with Ron Paul myself.

RickyJ
09-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Anyway I have a chance to vote for Ron Paul I will take it, even if it is just a VP slot.

presence
09-04-2012, 07:57 PM
They misspelled telEvised

just saying... ;)

That was me. I typed the speech-to-text from the video. I can only crank out about 65 wpm accurately from video.

presence
09-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Anyway I have a chance to vote for Ron Paul I will take it, even if it is just a VP slot.

You and everyone else. Which is why VP on the LP is the perfect concession.

presence
09-04-2012, 08:06 PM
I think GJ should be a Libertarian with Ron Paul myself.

Thats wonderful, but GJ still has a ticket to be on and RP is treading water.

and a LP RP/GJ ticket is "technically/legally" much more impractical at this stage than GJ/RP LP ticket.

Go with the flow and get back on the boat.

tangent4ronpaul
09-04-2012, 08:13 PM
That was me. I typed the speech-to-text from the video. I can only crank out about 65 wpm accurately from video.

What software are you using?

-t

Magsec
09-04-2012, 08:20 PM
GJ has shown far more class and respect to RP than Barr (AKA Mr. Stood Up) ever did. He's definitely someone worth voting for if you align closely with RP's views.

Tod
09-04-2012, 08:58 PM

The only really bad part I can see of a J/P ticket would be the extra difficulty in getting elected. After that, there is no reason to think that they have to maintain traditional roles with a basically do-nothing VP. Sure, some things can only be done by the President, but the VP could take a lot more important role if the P wishes.

presence
09-04-2012, 09:05 PM
What software are you using?

-t

just a notepad app under my browser and my 10 fingers flying... human speech is about 120 wpm. I type 60+ so I train myself to type the first 3 letters of every word, then I fill in. I was hasty when I typed television and my word checker didn't catch it.

there is no reason to think that they have to maintain traditional roles with a basically do-nothing VP. Sure, some things can only be done by the President, but the VP could take a lot more important role if the P wishes.

Cheney?

James Otis, Jr.
09-04-2012, 09:11 PM

Is this what you said about Ron Paul in 1988? Some of the anti-Gary Johnson stuff I'm reading here is ridiculous. Gary Johnson is NOT Ron Paul. I understand why a Ron Paul supporter might vote for him. I understand why a Ron Paul supporter might not vote for him. But, I do not understand why a Ron Paul supporter would blatantly disrespect him. A candidate like Johnson deserves better here.

presence
09-04-2012, 09:18 PM
wouldn't that require just as much a rule change as giving Ron the top slot?

I think its easier for Ron to be in the VP slot on the L ticket than the Prez slot:

If JimG politely resigns, then GaryJ can select/endorse RP for vacant VP slot; fairly simple... everyone aboard.

To get RP to Prez slot w/ GJ in VP slot = ??? / uncharted / rules quagmire

presence
09-04-2012, 09:32 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?388800-Ron-Paul-on-Jay-Leno-(9-4-12)-The-OFFICIAL-Thread&p=4629019&viewfull=1#post4629019

Letter to Ron Paul from Evan Cutler about the teleconference
Submitted by Brazil4Paul on Mon, 09/03/2012 - 19:47
in

Activism
DP Original

My slightly edited letter to Dr. and Carol Paul today--edits noted with brackets.

Hello Dr. and Carol Paul,

I held a teleconference last night on the subject of your supporters persuading you back into the race Dr. Paul.

The response was overwhelming!

The short story is that [edited for privacy: many important members of the Libertarian party and campaign] contacted me, and they would do what it takes to have you on their ticket as a VP Candidate. They have spoken with [edited for privacy: ...and inform me] you will get the VP spot on their ticket if you will take it. The vast majority of their party activists and organizers want you. The infusion of energy your supporters will bring to that party will bring light to all you and they have worked for in a way that your mere endorsement will not.

The bigger story is that by my simply posting the link to our teleconference in our Private Alaskans for Ron Paul 2012 groups, and one post on the Lawyers for Paul group, I set off a firestorm. Word grew exponentially in just one day.

Our teleconference room was filled to capacity (1,000), with 1800+ people participating. It was live streamed and listened to by another 1,100 people on just one internet channel, and it was live streamed elsewhere.

Many of your National Delegates and State Activist Leaders were on the call, but also many Libertarians, Democrats, and Independents. This is just the beginning.

The people want you to give us two more months and help spread the message of liberty. There are of course concerns by some (particular those running for office), but there is a commitment by most to keep working in the Republican Party, and to do everything they can to convince you to run. My incoming email is more than I can handle, and our best Alaskan delegates and activists are working right now to put in new infrastructure and speed up the communication. You will see an immense wave of support in the coming days this week.

The Libertarian Party needs to hear from you soon, if this will work.

I can put you or your people in touch with them.

We NEED you not to give up. It’s not about winning the election, it’s about spreading the message of Liberty. If you will but give us two more months, you will magnify your life’s work and reach the largest audience yet. You will electrify your supporters and send an important message to those who would suppress fair participation in all parties. Your joining the Libertarian ticket will instantly get the polling up high enough that you will be included in the nationally televised debates. And we will bring tens of millions of dollars quickly to their struggling campaign. They are under attack by the Romney Campaign, trying to strip them of ballot access in several states, but they are in the very strongest position for your run…and your joining them will bring the support they need.

Besides, on the off chance that you actually win, being VP is a lot easier than President.

Please let me know what we can do to help convince you. I can send you the most pertinent communications I’ve received, and a link so you can hear our two hour call from last night for yourself. I can send you the call logs to prove I’m telling the truth.

We will keep trying to win your support for our support, Dr. Paul, We’ve worked too hard to quit now.

And remember, Miracles do happen! The Berlin Wall came down in a day! The Soviet Empire dissolved without a civil war! Women got the vote!

Everyone around the country tells me the only signs they really see are for Ron Paul. Your grassroots support is so much more than you know, especially if you are not on a Republican ticket.

We all know the risks to our progress in the Republican Party, but that movement won’t stop,

More good than harm will come from your taking this risk,

We need you to stand tall for Liberty sir, just a bit longer, please,

Sincerely,

Evan

CaptLouAlbano
09-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Is this what you said about Ron Paul in 1988? Some of the anti-Gary Johnson stuff I'm reading here is ridiculous. Gary Johnson is NOT Ron Paul. I understand why a Ron Paul supporter might vote for him. I understand why a Ron Paul supporter might not vote for him. But, I do not understand why a Ron Paul supporter would blatantly disrespect him. A candidate like Johnson deserves better here.

I did not support Paul in 88 because I think 3rd party runs are foolish. There is a difference between Johnson and 3rd party candidates of the past though. Johnson is making a very blatant attempt to get support, and therefore raise money, from Ron Paul supporters. Paul, over the last 4 years, has brought a lot of new people into the political process. Now many of those people are not gullible, and while they may cast a protest vote in the general election, they will not send him any money. The gullible ones though, that buy into the notion that Johnson has a shot at this (or that he could get into the debates) would be the ones forking over their hard earned money to him. Caveat emptor. Vote for him if you wish (frankly I do not care if anyone does), but sending him money is downright foolish, as he will not get anywhere near the White House or the debate stage.