PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and Our Soldiers: What He Understands About Them That Democrats and Republicans D

tangent4ronpaul
09-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Ron Paul and Our Soldiers: What He Understands About Them That Democrats and Republicans Do Not
http://www.policymic.com/articles/14086/ron-paul-and-our-soldiers-what-he-understands-about-them-that-democrats-and-republicans-do-not

It is rare that an article here on PolicyMic brings my blood to its boiling point. I often disagree with others, but I have always maintained respect for those with whom I disagree… that was, until September 3, 2012, when an otherwise very well respected pundit, who shall remain nameless for their own benefit, included graphic images of some of the men and women who were injured or killed while serving overseas in an article linking the GOP to war. It wouldn’t have angered me so much, until the last line, which simply said “vote Democrat.” I was so furious that I found myself becoming slightly nauseous. Yeah, I was pissed.

Then it hit me. Both the GOP and Democrats have been mirepresenting the will of the American servicemember for the last decade, if not longer. It’s time someone set the record straight.

I served five years in the United States Marine Corps, from 2005 to 2010, and exited as a Corporal. For those of you who don’t know what the rank structure looks like, Corporal is the equivalent to lower-management. I was in charge of the lives and well-being of three other men and women, and also for minor disciplinary actions. During my time in uniform, I had the privilege of training a Major General, several Colonels, and more Sergeants than I cared to count. While training these men, politics were often discussed at length, and most came to a common conclusion: War, while it may be the chief reason we all had a job, was the most vile thing ever conceived, and anyone who said otherwise didn’t know their heads from their rears. Most of them, and by most I mean 99.9% of the ones I met, supported Ron Paul. The biggest reason? “He stands for the Constitution, and not a party. He gets us, he understands just how sucky our lives can be when things go wrong. Democrats don’t get us, and in most cases they despise us. Republicans don’t get us, they see us as pawns in a global game of Risk.”

-t