PDA

View Full Version : from across the pond

beaker
09-04-2012, 10:55 AM
hello fellow RP supporters. my name is (an)drew. i currently live in europe but will be back to the states in about 5-6 years hopefully. and you better believe i will be submitting my absentee ballot for gary johnson. i am a FL resident and am sorely disappointed in my vote for marco rubio. he will be getting voted out hopefully come his next election. i'm sure y'all are pretty well aware of the support RP has from non american citizens in europe. not that that helps us in anyway but it's nice to know the liberty movement is alive in well and not just in america.

i'm thankful to have found you all. i came from a pro 2nd amendment forum and conservative stronghold where it seems there are a few RP supporters but they're either in hiding for fear of ridicule or follow the mantra that we need to get obama out of office by voting for mittens. not sure why it has to be mittens because they're the same people that say ANYONE but obama and a vote for RP is a vote for obama. first off why can't that anyone be RP or gary johnson. i mean, if they're willing to sell out their convictions just to get someone out of office, at least vote for someone who has REAL supporters. i've yet to meet a REAL romney supporter. they're just anti obamites. so i ask again, why can't that anyone be RP or GJ?

so over at my pro 2A site, i've been trying to recruit some RP supporters but i'm having issues. i've thrown every piece of fact at them and can't seem to get them to move from the anyone but obama mantra or a vote for RP is a vote for obama. they still tout the same crap the media touts. his foreign policy sucks, he doesn't support israel, and he wants to allow iran to have nukes. yet they can't show specific proof of him saying these things and they can't provide a single reason to support mittens other than to get obama out of office. because it's what everyone is doing. so how do you break them of their ignorance?

i am thankful for being apart of your community and the opportunity to learn from the tremendous amount of information here. i've been reading for hours and i've learned so much.

drew

kathy88
09-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the forums Drew.

CaptUSA
09-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Welcome, Drew! Hopefully the states will still be here when you return in 5 or 6 years. ;)

beaker
09-05-2012, 10:02 AM
I hope so too. But if it isn't, I'll just move across the border to Switzerland.