PDA

View Full Version : Conference Call With Ron Paul?

Ender
09-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Anyone have any news on this call that happened last night?

http://www.dailypaul.com/252900/update-for-that-conference-call-had-to-get-a-larger-room-with-a-new-number

Carlybee
09-03-2012, 01:32 PM
It's in the original thread that was posted

Ender
09-03-2012, 01:42 PM
It's in the original thread that was posted

Link?

I've been to the original thread and there is no news on the actual call.

MelissaWV
09-03-2012, 01:50 PM
lol ... clicked on the Daily Paul and was reminded of one of the reasons I don't go there: ads.

There's a huge graphic to the right of that page of a girl with her left eye made up to look bruised. If you click (I was curious what the hell DP was accidentally pimping now), it's a video about how difficult it is to succeed if you're a man. I got as far as it telling me that men's sperm is an indicator of success, or something, before laughing my ass off and closing it. 99% sure it's for some pill or lotion that makes you more virile. What's this have to do with a girl getting beat up? No idea.

sailingaway
09-03-2012, 01:52 PM
there was a sort of play by play, but the bottom line is the activist, who is known by a number of people, spoke to Ron after RNC and Ron said he still hadn't ruled out running third party or independent but he wasn't thinking he would, citing not knowing if he had enough support, would have the money, etc. there were other things discussed but the end of the call was that people who wanted him to run were going to let him know they would support him. there was also the question of whether the LP was or wasn't willing to put Ron on as Pres. Some said Gary had offered VP, which would equally be against rules, needing rule changing, but Paul supporters largely seemed to think that wasn't worth it, with some thinking Ron in there at all was worth it. You should read it yourself, because I am speaking through my own filters, likely. I personally think it wouldn't be worth it unless Ron was at the top of the ticket either independent or LP, because my point would be to see him in the Presidential debates.

The idea is we would have to persuade him it could happen, but that he hadn't hard and fast cut off the idea, like he did after the RNC in 2008. Maybe it was because the RNC cheating made him see benefits he didn't see before. I don't know.

Anyhow, nothing conclusive happened. Others can report their impressions. I don't remember the name of the thread, though.

sailingaway
09-03-2012, 02:00 PM
P.S. the call was not WITH Ron Paul, it was by an activist who spoke to Ron Paul after the RNC shenanigans.