PDA

View Full Version : NY-Cops raid wrong home, nobody home, kill family dog, leave note, blood and bullet holes.

Anti Federalist
09-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Outside, it's Amerika.

Working their way up to you.

Buffalo Woman Says Police Raided Wrong House, Killed Her Dog

By John Borsa

August 30, 2012 Updated Aug 31, 2012 at 7:17 AM EDT

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Buffalo-Woman-Says-Police-Raided-Wrong-House-Killed-Her-Dog-168060566.html

BUFFALO, NY (WKBW) - When Rita Hairston's husband died five years ago, she adopted a dog to keep her company and help her through an emotional time.

Prada was 5-years-old at the time. The black Labrador Retriever became more than a pet, but a part of Hairston's family. A companion.

Last Saturday morning, she returned to her E. Morris Ave. house in University Heights in Buffalo and discovered her home had been broken into and Prada was missing.

There was a puddle of blood on the floor and bullet holes in the door of a bedroom where Prada slept.

But it was not a burglar who broke in. Hairston found a search warrant, signed by a judge, issued to the Erie County Sheriff's Department, on her kitchen floor.

Hairston said police raided her home, searching for cocaine, connected to a man named Lance Thompson.

Hairston said she rents another home she owns to Thompson, who dates her daughter, but he does not live in her residence and she has absolutely no connection to his alleged illegal activities.

A spokesperson for the sheriff's office said they had probable cause to search Hairston's residence because Thompson's alleged drug activities were suspected to take place from Hairston's house on occasion. The home which she rents to Thompson was also searched.

Deputies were forced to shoot and kill Prada during the raid because he threatened them, the spokesman said.

No drugs were recovered from Hairston's home.

Watch Eyewitness News at 11:00 Thursday night for more on this story.

presence
09-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Black Lab? The "drug war" hasn't even started yet. User and non-user alike... we're all involved in this now. Keep pushing Col. Tavington.

http://www.swordandstone.com/weapons/weaponimages/tomahawk.jpg

tod evans
09-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm going to start responding to these threads the same way;

Get a rope.

I can't see any other solution....

tttppp
09-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Do cops ever go through training on what to do when they see a dog? I've seen hundreds of dogs bark at me and charge towards me, and I never needed to pull out a gun and shoot them.

Origanalist
09-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Cops, keeping the world safe from vicious beasts one family pet at a time. These are sick, sick bastards. I think the point thats been suggested that a lot of this behaviour is steroid induced is spot on.

pcosmar
09-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Cops, keeping the world safe from vicious beasts one family pet at a time. These are sick, sick bastards. I think the point thats been suggested that a lot of this behaviour is steroid induced is spot on.

Can't even all be blamed on steroids.. That may be one more contributing factor in some cases,
It is a systemic problem.

Origanalist
09-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Can't even all be blamed on steroids.. That may be one more contributing factor in some cases,
It is a systemic problem.

No obviously not, I think it plays a role for some of them but many I'm sure need no influence at all.

AGRP
09-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Labrador Retrievers are highly unpredictable. They may seem nice, but they can turn on a dime when confronted with a stick or tennis ball. The cop was simply playing catch with his bullet.

thehungarian
09-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Deputies were forced to shoot and kill Prada during the raid because he threatened them, the spokesman said.

LOL this is just ridiculous. The dog threatened them. Let's see, the dog was probably sleeping in its little doggie bed waiting for the owner to come home and play when a bunch of armed thugs in black burst into the home. My god, that dog probably barked four or five times at them before they were forced to shoot the mad frothing beast.

When confronted with the human equivalent of barking, words, will they shoot us as well?

TheTexan
09-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Cops are highly unpredictable. They may seem nice, but they can turn on a dime when confronted with a stick or tennis ball.

Fixed that for you

pcosmar
09-01-2012, 07:25 PM
When confronted with the human equivalent of barking, words, will they shoot us as well?

sometimes,,
And likely more often as things move forward.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/11/21/occupy_pepper_spray_AP111118053177_fullwidth_620x3 50.jpg

http://www.unheard-voices.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/anaheimpolice.jpg

Dr.3D
09-01-2012, 07:37 PM
So they had a search warrant, why didn't they wait to serve it? If no one is home, shouldn't they have to wait till someone is there to answer the door?

Anti Federalist
09-01-2012, 07:41 PM
So they had a search warrant, why didn't they wait to serve it? If no one is home, shouldn't they have to wait till someone is there to answer the door?

LOL - yeah right.

I can imagine what shape the house was left in.

Dr.3D
09-01-2012, 07:51 PM
LOL - yeah right.

Guess if I came home to that, I would have to call the police and report a break in and murder.

Carehn
Kill it!!! Kill it now!!!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3285/2975452473_46a09745b2_z.jpg?zz=1

thehungarian
LOL - yeah right.

Why don't they just pillage the refrigerator while they're at it? "Ma'am, we had to put your ravenous beast of a canine down, but if it's any consolation your meat loaf is terrific."

Anti Federalist
09-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Why don't they just pillage the refrigerator while they're at it? "Ma'am, we had to put your ravenous beast of a canine down, but if it's any consolation your meat loaf is terrific."

Give it time...

Was wondering when they were going to get to trashing the Third Amendment.

The other nine are pretty much dead.

youngbuck
09-01-2012, 07:54 PM
The judge is also to blame. I think a lot of them sign warrants while daydreaming.

Anti Federalist
09-01-2012, 08:01 PM
The judge is also to blame. I think a lot of them sign warrants while daydreaming.

Like scumbag politicians, they don't even read them.

Just sign 'em.

"A police officer wouldn't lie."

heavenlyboy34
09-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Sheesh. Black labs (especially ones of the size in that picture) would have trouble hurting a grown man if they tried. The dog in the pic looks like little more than a puppy. Stupid/evil cops are stupid/evil. :mad:

IronPatriot
09-02-2012, 01:59 AM

Of course. Roid rage. Check out the movie "Bigger, Stronger, Faster." It's quite interesting.

Philhelm
09-02-2012, 08:25 AM
LOL this is just ridiculous. The dog threatened them. Let's see, the dog was probably sleeping in its little doggie bed waiting for the owner to come home and play when a bunch of armed thugs in black burst into the home. My god, that dog probably barked four or five times at them before they were forced to shoot the mad frothing beast.

Contempt of Cop.

Anti Federalist
09-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Dead dog bounce.