Keith and stuff
09-01-2012, 07:52 AM
August 31. 2012 7:27PM
Donations help Internet 'folk hero' post bail
By BOB HOOKWAY
Union Leader Correspondent
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120901/NEWS03/709019977

Roger Pion*
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vt. — Thanks to a $10,000 grassroots Internet effort by fans and supporters of a Vermont man who's charged with using a large farm tractor to flatten sheriff's department vehicles, Roger Pion walked out of prison Thursday.

The donations allowed Pion to post the cash percentage he needed of his $50,000 bail and walk out of the Northern State Correctional Center in Newport, Vt., — his hometown — attorney David Sleigh of St. Johnsbury, Vt., said Friday.

“He's home and back doing agricultural-related work with his father,” Sleigh said.

Officers from several agencies surrounded the tractor and arrested Pion — who was armed with a loaded pistol, police said — at gunpoint.

Within hours, news of the incident, accompanied by photos of the flattened cruisers, was making worldwide headlines. The publicity also made Pion a folk hero of sorts, to some, as evidenced by the cash flow.

During his arrest and subsequent court appearances, Pion has remained tight-lipped, and had little to say following his release, his attorney said.

“He said he's happy to be out of jail. He's in the custody of his dad.”

tod evans
09-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Glad he's out!

Hope he remains safe....

ShaneEnochs
09-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Man, just think if that money had gone to liberty candidates instead of someone who decided to do something stupid and understood the consequences of his actions...

tod evans
09-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Man, just think if that money had gone to liberty candidates instead of someone who decided to do something stupid and understood the consequences of his actions...

Get off this guys case at least he had the balls to strike back.

ShaneEnochs
09-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Get off this guys case at least he had the balls to strike back.

Yeah, I'm sure when there was an emergency immediately afterwards, and people tried calling 911 and the operator said "sorry, we can't come help you because some dumbass ran over the cruisers", the people were so happy for this guy.

Then, whenever the tax payers had to foot the bill for new cruisers, I'm sure they were just ringing with praise.

tod evans
09-01-2012, 08:38 AM
In my world "emergencies" are handled by ambulances and firefighters, not cops.

The taxpayers should be incised, irate even, but hopefully they'll look a tad deeper than property damage and question why ol' Roger felt crushing cars was his last recourse for his grievances.

Discounting a sound-bite is much less troublesome than understanding all of the circumstances, and a whole lot easier than addressing the real problem.

Revolution9
09-01-2012, 08:51 AM

Bogus. Grow a set sonny. Yer speaking like yer the next generation of knee jerk police state backing suckup problems we are trying to get rid of currently. Consider this note the consequences of your actions. People don't give a fuck about politicians. They obviously care about this guy more than the mythical liberty candidate.

Rev9

Revolution9
09-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I'm sure when there was an emergency immediately afterwards, and people tried calling 911 and the operator said "sorry, we can't come help you because some dumbass ran over the cruisers", the people were so happy for this guy.

Then, whenever the tax payers had to foot the bill for new cruisers, I'm sure they were just ringing with praise.

Purely bogus. Are you sure you ain't a democrat with the crap you posted last night encouraging folks to run in the party of lawyers? The cruisers were paid for by insurance. I am sure the locals were relieved that the cruisers weren't rolling.

Roger Pion is a hero. Yer a whiner.

Rev9

Lafayette
09-01-2012, 09:24 AM

One thing is for sure, every dog in town slept well that night.

coastie
09-01-2012, 10:17 AM

Link? Did that happen?

I'm positive that town has 15 too many cruisers to begin with.

http://www.town.st-johnsbury.vt.us/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={651E0131-7C67-460B-93E5-F59F683503C5}&DE={40BA5EF5-0643-4969-B591-5C1EACD88F60}

INCIDENT INCIDENT TOTALS
Arson 1
Juvenile Complaints 62
Lost/Missing Person 3
Disorderly Conduct 5
Unlawful Trespass 7
Vandalism 5
Animal Complaints 11
Drug Complaints 79
Motor Vehicle Complaints 43
Motor Vehicle Violations 1720
Motor Vehicle Accidents 136
Alarm Responses 152
Agency Assist 304
Lockout 235
Property Watch 467
Misc. Investigation 1029
Contempt of Court 21
Frauds 29
Forgery 3
Larceny 52
Theft 162
Burglary 45
Robbery 2
Assault 43
Sex Offense 22
Sex Offender Registry Checks 47
Kidnapping 0
Stalking 0
Alcohol Offense 92
Suspicious Activity 380
Citizen Dispute 129
Total Incident Reports 5286

SO, over 1/5 of the use of police in that particular town were used for confiscating money from it's own citizens or people driving through, and there is not a 100% conviction rate here, these are only charges.

tod evans
09-01-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm positive that town has 15 too many cruisers to begin with.

But, but.........Think about all of the unprotected children...:eek:....:rolleyes:

coastie
09-01-2012, 10:21 AM
But, but.........Think about all of the unprotected children...:eek:....:rolleyes:

lol. It's truly a miracle I made it through my childhood without the warm embrace of the state.

tod evans
09-01-2012, 10:23 AM
lol. It's truly a miracle I made it through my childhood without the warm embrace of the state.

Somebody cover me on rep, I'm out.

JK/SEA
09-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Didn't this start over Pion smoking weed or something?....may explain the outpouring of love for this guy.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-01-2012, 11:04 AM

Have you ever been beaten by a cop before? I'm just wondering. If so, who did you call after that happened?

Keith and stuff
09-01-2012, 12:27 PM
It wasn't a town. It was a sheriff department. They don't do much in VT.

fr33
09-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Wow I hadn't heard about this. He is a hero.

Origanalist
09-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Somebody cover me on rep, I'm out.

Done

Origanalist
09-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Wow, that's the most rep I've put out in that short of time in a while now. It's great to know my c note didn't go to waste. ;)

[post edited by mod]

MelissaWV
09-01-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm not as anti-cop as most folks are, by far, on these forums.

However, to think that those $100,000 were an either/or proposition, and that money would actually just go to liberty candidates... does not much compute.

The money went to where the money went. Most of these people were not sitting there with $100 to go to a candidate OR this guy, being swayed to this guy at last, depriving Ron or another candidate of a win. Most people donated what they were going to donate to each cause and that's it.

ShaneEnochs
09-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Personal attacks are awesome.

Revolution9
09-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Kinda sung to the tune of Rawhide..starring Clint..

Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Keep those cruisers rollin'
Though the prisons are swollen
Lawride!

Amend The Constitution
Look for the bogus solution
As long as the money's on yer side

Beat em down
Cuff em up
Lock em up
Fine em big
Parole em put
Keep a grip
Lawride

Smack em down
Jail em up
Flex yer dick
Charge will stick
Fill the coffers
With yer offers
Lawride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSHr4ubuD64

Rev9

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-01-2012, 01:22 PM

I asked you two questions. Maybe you missed them. Maybe you decided to ignore them. I can assure you "personal attacks" from cops hit a lot harder than forum posts.

I hope you never experience the former, but it seems your chances are increasing all the time. I might even entertain the idea that cop beatings remain constant and now we just have more proof of them.

Origanalist
09-01-2012, 01:25 PM
----------------------

Origanalist
09-01-2012, 01:29 PM
This is your sig Shane;
[P]eople of

[A]merica

[U]nited for

[L]iberty

Is your idea of liberty just accepting police harassment? Or is it feeling safe knowing the police will be there to "protect" you?

presence
09-01-2012, 01:30 PM

I thought they were getting by?

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/394764_427814040603570_587473645_n.jpg

on the + at least they're dogs are still alive.

anon is running a "roger pion the magnificent" facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/RogerPionTheMagnificent

Donate to Roger HERE:

http://freerogerpion.chipin.com/roger-pion

Recent comments at donation site:

Roger Pion for Orleans County Sheriff in 2014!

Bonnie Scott

You are my hero. I only wish I could've been in the tractor with you.
Timothy Rafferty

Solidarity!
Robert Izatt

You have the courage to put into action what many have dreamt. Take care of yourself comrade.
CRAIG EYNON

DUDE I HOPE YOU CAN GET PAST ALL THIS AND HAVE A SAFE, COMFORTABLE AND FREE LIFE. I'M SORRY YOU GOT PUSHED INTO THIS.
Christopher Keeble

Soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QKMJN9JqSrE
We're all behind you and cheering you bro!

Roger Pion, a Man Who Stood Up to Tyranny (http://www.freeroger.org/node/1)http://freeroger.org/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/field/image/mugshot.jpg (http://www.freeroger.org/node/1)

Roger Pion, a simple hardworking farmer, father to a beloved daughter, and member of down-to-earth family needs your help. For eight years, Roger Pion has been subject to harassment by local and county law enforcement. This harassment has included physical violence against Roger.

As recently as a month ago, during an arrest over the possession of marijuana, a non violent offense, Roger was beaten by police, resulting in a concussion. He had to be taken to the ER for treatment. Subsequent to this beating, he was falsely charged with resisting arrest.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/581018_346756765405711_1477263744_n.jpg

http://www.freeroger.org/images/Support-Roger--smash-the-system.jpg

presence

Origanalist
09-01-2012, 01:33 PM
on the + at least they're dogs are still alive.

As far as we know.

ShaneEnochs
09-01-2012, 04:18 PM
This is your sig Shane;
[P]eople of

[A]merica

[U]nited for

[L]iberty

Is your idea of liberty just accepting police harassment? Or is it feeling safe knowing the police will be there to "protect" you?

Guess I'm more for the Gandhi and MLK Jr mindset than 99% of this thread.

Anti Federalist
09-01-2012, 04:37 PM

He very well may have saved some family's dog.

I was happy to contribute a couple of hundred dollars, and would do it again, long before I'd donate to another cum drunk, lying, slut politician.

Huzzah for Roger Pion!

Anti Federalist
09-01-2012, 04:38 PM

He hurt no people.

He smashed the symbols of oppression.

I can think of nothing more Ghandi-esque.

MelissaWV
09-01-2012, 04:48 PM

Yeah because pointing out that people who donated to this were probably not going to donate that same money to liberty candidates makes me a violent femme.

Origanalist
09-01-2012, 04:49 PM
long before I'd donate to another cum drunk, lying, slut politician.

Huzzah for Roger Pion!

:D

Anti Federalist
09-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Yeah because pointing out that people who donated to this were probably not going to donate that same money to liberty candidates makes me a violent femme.

LOL - In my case, he may be right.

MelissaWV
09-01-2012, 04:55 PM

I just find it funny how people who feel they are being persecuted tend to make up statistics without basis ;)

99%... lulz.

I don't love the police. I just don't hate them. And ultimately I think running over cop cars is cutting off one's nose to spite one's face, without there being some kind of follow-up to it. Then again I also think jailing people for pot-related offenses is far worse, now and throughout our recent history as a nation.

pcosmar
09-01-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't love the police. I just don't hate them. And ultimately I think running over cop cars is cutting off one's nose to spite one's face, without there being some kind of follow-up to it. Then again I also think jailing people for pot-related offenses is far worse, now and throughout our recent history as a nation.

One of these days,, it will come to a head. Like a painful festering boil.

It ain't gonna be pretty.

I would love to see it avoided,, but it seems unlikely.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I just find it funny how people who feel they are being persecuted tend to make up statistics without basis ;)

99%... lulz.

I don't love the police. I just don't hate them. And ultimately I think running over cop cars is cutting off one's nose to spite one's face, without there being some kind of follow-up to it.

True...

It sounds like they were beating the shit out of him anyway.

It's about time that we stop letting cops be bullies. Somehow, when I was a kid and took up for some other kid being bullied, it was at least acceptable. I always accepted those things as part of life and growing up for a young male. People would try to bully me. Nope. People would try to bully people around me. Nope. People would instigate shit... "you're on your own, dude."

Now there is a fairly large and acceptable "no bullying" campaign in schools, but if you wear the right costume, you can be 30 years old, handcuff and kick around a 10 year old, and everybody is supposed to shut up.

fr33
09-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Seriously I just learned about this today. Totally immersed in it. I can't stop laughing. :D

They are going after his dad now with a civil suit. I'm going to donate.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-01-2012, 10:22 PM

In my case... the idea that I would have spent the money or time elsewhere is 100% right. I spent it where I did, on purpose, with no apologies. I did the same with tsunami relief several years ago.

VoluntaryAmerican
09-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Goodwork RPF. I mean that sincerely!

Anti Federalist
09-01-2012, 11:58 PM
August 31. 2012 7:27PM
Donations help Internet 'folk hero' post bail
By BOB HOOKWAY
Union Leader Correspondent
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120901/NEWS03/709019977

Some of the comments are pretty sorry.

Probably cops or FAFOCs.

coastie
09-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Yeah because pointing out that people who donated to this were probably not going to donate that same money to liberty candidates makes me a violent femme(s).

listening to them right now!:p

The man didn't intend to hurt anybody. The same cannot be said for the people who's taxpayer-robbed toys were broken. I'm really surprised they didn't shoot him.

libertariantexas
09-02-2012, 04:20 AM
Wow I hadn't heard about this. He is a hero.

Why is he a hero?

Sounds to me like a yahoo who had a beef with the cops, and rather than handle it like a civilized human being, he flew into a rage and went on a destructive rampage, destroying vehicles that will likely have to be replaced by extracting money from innocent taxpayers.

In the end, he did NOTHING to harm the police. They will get new cars to replace the old ones he crushed.

So the cops are not harmed at all, the innocent taxpayers get screwed, the guy will end up in prison, which will also hurt his family.

How is that a "hero"? He sounds like a rage-a-holic idiot to me.

Pretty stupid.

Revolution9
09-02-2012, 04:23 AM
Why is he a hero?

Sounds to me like a yahoo who had a beef with the cops, and rather than handle it like a civilized human being, he flew into a rage and went on a destructive rampage, destroying vehicles that will likely have to be replaced by extracting money from innocent taxpayers.

In the end, he did NOTHING to harm the police. They will get new cars to replace the old ones he crushed.

So the cops are not harmed at all, the innocent taxpayers get screwed, the guy will end up in prison, which will also hurt his family.

Pretty stupid.

Just like you ain't a frikkin small l libertarian. Pretty stupid handle for the espousery you unfold in all it's sneering glory.

Rev9

presence
09-02-2012, 05:33 AM
Why is he a hero?

#1 Insurance?

"yahoo who had a beef with the cops, and rather than handle it like a civilized human being, he flew into a rage and went on a destructive rampage,"

Perhaps it was a yahoo cop that had a beef with a non-violent marijuana smoker... and BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM, CONCUSSING HIS BRAIN... that caused all this?

tod evans
09-02-2012, 06:40 AM
Why is he a hero?

Translation; I can't understand why a man would loose his patience and strike back at government employees who have been physically, financially and publicly humiliating him..

Translation; By using terms like "innocent taxpayers" and "civilized human being" I will attempt to both alienate Mr. Pion and endear myself to forum participants...Afterall "rage and destruction" are bad right?

Translation; It really would have been easier to demonize Mr. Pion if he would have actually hurt someone.

Translation; Really, if he'd have hurt anybody painting him as a lunatic would have been much easier now I've got to play the sympathy card...Poor taxpayers, Poor Pion family even poor Mr. Pion...

Pretty stupid.

Translation; Anybody who acts out against government employees "tools of their trade" is either mentally deficient or insane.

Look man, the guy has heart, obviously he knew if he attacked the government employees that were harassing him he would have been killed or imprisoned for quite a long time. So instead of lying down at their feet he chose to use the tools at his disposal to fight back.

Where I in his shoes I don't know if I could have exercised the restraint he did.........Does that make me stupid and imbalanced too?

Pericles
09-02-2012, 08:07 AM
One thing is for sure, every dog in town slept well that night.

That's fer sure. That's fer dang sure.

presence
09-02-2012, 10:43 AM
The doctrine of nonresistance
against arbitrary power, and oppression,
is absurd, slavish, and destructive
of the good and happiness of mankind.

-New Hampshire State Constitution

QuickZ06
09-02-2012, 11:23 AM
HAHAHAHA this guy has more balls than any of us. Anyone who says jack crap about tax payers paying this can shove it. We have way bigger issues than this guy crushing cop cars, yes tax payers will probably pay for it. But even if the insurance overs it the rates I would assume would go up for that department and we still pay the insurance. But the way people are voting i.e these evil politicians is peeing tons more money away than a guy who is fed up with tyranny.

The guy just wants to farm and be left alone.

fr33
09-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Why is he a hero?

Pretty stupid.Police often do not treat the average citizen like human beings and we have no recourse in this system. The man was beaten by the cops and he took out their mode of transportation. They weren't able to beat up on others for a few days. Fewer people were harrassed, fined, and caged because of it. WINNING!

Anti Federalist
09-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Why is he a hero?

Pretty stupid.

By changing just a few words, you could say the same thing about Sam Adams and the Sons of Liberty.

"Civilized human beings" wouldn't harass and push a man to this point.

Anti Federalist
09-02-2012, 01:13 PM
HAHAHAHA this guy has more balls than any of us. Anyone who says jack crap about tax payers paying this can shove it. We have way bigger issues than this guy crushing cop cars, yes tax payers will probably pay for it. But even if the insurance overs it the rates I would assume would go up for that department and we still pay the insurance. But the way people are voting i.e these evil politicians is peeing tons more money away than a guy who is fed up with tyranny.

The guy just wants to farm and be left alone.

I have not enough rep to give.

Especially this:

this guy has more balls than any of us

We're all guilty of that, myself included.

Anti Federalist
09-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Bump for Roger.

I hope he comes out on the other side OK.

Anti Federalist
09-02-2012, 04:54 PM

Yeah, donated to politicians whose mouthpieces can then tell everybody to fuck off, once they've raised enough money to ensure self perpetuating status and lucrative careers.

I'd do it again.

libertariantexas
09-04-2012, 04:48 AM
Just like you ain't a frikkin small l libertarian. Pretty stupid handle for the espousery you unfold in all it's sneering glory.

Rev9

Because I do not advocate violence and the destruction of property, I'm not a libertarian?

Do you even know what the word means?

libertariantexas
09-04-2012, 04:55 AM
Police often do not treat the average citizen like human beings and we have no recourse in this system. The man was beaten by the cops and he took out their mode of transportation. They weren't able to beat up on others for a few days. Fewer people were harrassed, fined, and caged because of it. WINNING!

I know a lot of you have an irrational and visceral hatred of every cop in the USA (probably in the world).

But the fact is that most small town cops don't spend their days routinely beating down innocent citizens.

If this guy had a beef with one (or more) of the cops, there was certainly a better way to handle it than flying into a violent rage and destroying public property.

But the guy chose to be an idiot, and he will pay the price for it. Unfortunately, his family is going to get dragged down with him. He'll probably get a huge fine and jail time. They'll probably take the tractor he used to crush the cars and sell it to pay for the damage he cause.

Bottom line: This rage-a-holic nut didn't solve his problem. He isn't hurting the cops (how much you want to bet they've already replaced those cars?), he's hurting himself, his family, and the citizens of that town.

Stupid. Very stupid.