PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood is a Genius

afwjam
08-31-2012, 09:19 PM
Having enjoyed his speech again today a couple times, reading some of the response on the internet and remembering my own grandfather. It is clear Clint Eastwood is a genius. The media is all in a hissy over it, not talking about Romney. The left says he is senile and crazy, the Romney folks are on the defense distancing themselves from responsibility. You know why it makes no sense to them? They think Clint is on the right, he isn't, he is an individual just like us.(Libertarian) Forget the chair being Obama, the chair could be any anyone, he is attacking the corruption on the left and the right. How embarrassing for Romney a rich multi-millionaire to be referenced as a lowly employee that should be fired if he does a bad job. Reminding people to vote for something more then someone who seems nice. What an introduction, the ultimate troll by Clint, like in all his movies. Watch it again and listen to the parts where Clint is talking, when he is not joshing, just being himself. Genius. He did not endorse Romney, he said there was a lot of work WE needed to do and Romney and Ryan could come along...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsXBvbRQt20

truthspeaker
08-31-2012, 09:56 PM
Agreed. I think his speech--although not articulate--went over most people's heads.

btw--were people really cussing at him during the speech?

Revolution9
08-31-2012, 10:05 PM
He stuttered alot as though trying to find words. He knew what he was gonna say and lofted it so it was unobtrusive. I often stutter into something I am damned sure of because the people i am speaking to need to think I am just working stuff out as I say it and hoping I don't offend..when my intent was to offend via cognitive dissonance..with a velvet fist.

Rev9

ClydeCoulter
08-31-2012, 10:09 PM
I loved it, and you can see Paul Ryan's wife's reaction in at least one cutaway (Paul Ryan amost get's it, but his wife does).

phill4paul
08-31-2012, 10:44 PM
He stuttered alot as though trying to find words. He knew what he was gonna say and lofted it so it was unobtrusive. I often stutter into something I am damned sure of because the people i am speaking to need to think I am just working stuff out as I say it and hoping I don't offend..when my intent was to offend via cognitive dissonance..with a velvet fist.

Rev9

I think you missed this one Rev! It was disjointed because he was channelling Elwood Dowd. He had a pooka in the chair..

My take....Clint Eastwood at RNC...
Roger Ebert said this of the Clint Eastwood RNC speech..

“Clint, my hero, is coming across as sad and pathetic,” Ebert tweeted during Eastwood’s remarks. “He didn't need to do this to himself. It's unworthy of him.”

I'd have to say that Ebert is a doddering old fool unappreciative of the classics. His performance was grande.

Clint Eastwood sat the Pooka, and all that the spirit entails, in the chair and channeled 'Harvey.' In Jimmy Stewart style. He made two different stabs at the GOP. And was applauded for both. He excoriated the Pooka for staying in Afghanistan so long. He also attributed to Rmoney phrasing that was not his. "I think Mr. Romney asked why are you giving the target date for bringing them home? Why don't you just bring them home tomorrow?" That wasn't a Romney line. That was a Ron Paul line.

Clint was playing an Elwood. I thought he did well.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?388415-My-take....Clint-Eastwood-at-RNC...

twomp
08-31-2012, 10:51 PM
lol all I can say about the speech is that it gets funnier every time you watch it. I cant help but chuckle every time I see some clip of it on tv.

puppetmaster
08-31-2012, 10:53 PM
True....smart man

Indy Vidual
08-31-2012, 10:55 PM
Clint Eastwood is a Genius
before during and after last night.

Pauls' Revere
08-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Ann looked like she was hot for Clint.

Carson
08-31-2012, 11:09 PM
Where's the video? Where oh where?

Maybe this one. I haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiHNVYRTKP8

Thanks afwjam for tipping me off. It was pure genius.

Maybe I read more into it than was there...but it all seemed to be there. He's all right in my book.

Clint Eastwood 2012

After

Ron Paul 2012

heavenlyboy34
08-31-2012, 11:17 PM
Y'all vastly overestimate the speech. I just now listened to it. Aside from 1 or 2 clever rhetorical maneuvers (like the bit about The 'Stan), nothing special. Definitely not even close to on par with RP.

Revolution9
08-31-2012, 11:20 PM
I think you missed this one Rev! It was disjointed because he was channelling Elwood Dowd. He had a pooka in the chair..

My take....Clint Eastwood at RNC...
Roger Ebert said this of the Clint Eastwood RNC speech..

“Clint, my hero, is coming across as sad and pathetic,” Ebert tweeted during Eastwood’s remarks. “He didn't need to do this to himself. It's unworthy of him.”

I'd have to say that Ebert is a doddering old fool unappreciative of the classics. His performance was grande.

Clint Eastwood sat the Pooka, and all that the spirit entails, in the chair and channeled 'Harvey.' In Jimmy Stewart style. He made two different stabs at the GOP. And was applauded for both. He excoriated the Pooka for staying in Afghanistan so long. He also attributed to Rmoney phrasing that was not his. "I think Mr. Romney asked why are you giving the target date for bringing them home? Why don't you just bring them home tomorrow?" That wasn't a Romney line. That was a Ron Paul line.

Clint was playing an Elwood. I thought he did well.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?388415-My-take....Clint-Eastwood-at-RNC...

Yeah.. Jimmy had the same way of broaching tough subjects. What movie was Elwood Dowd from? I watched The Far Country the other day. Probably his most bad guy role. Lesson in that for anybody who is apathetic these days.

Rev9

afwjam
08-31-2012, 11:22 PM
Yeah.. Jimmy had the same way of broaching tough subjects. What movie was Elwood Dowd from? I watched The Far Country the other day. Probably his most bad guy role. Lesson in that for anybody who is apathetic these days.

Rev9
Harvey.

Indy Vidual
08-31-2012, 11:25 PM
Y'all vastly overestimate the speech. I just now listened to it. Aside from 1 or 2 clever rhetorical maneuvers (like the bit about The 'Stan), nothing special. Definitely not even close to on par with RP.

Exactly, that way the average person understood the important parts. :)