PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood RNC Appearance Observation

mysticgeek
08-31-2012, 09:12 PM
I was surprised to see Clint Eastwood do his parody of Obama the other night. I remember listening to Shawn Hannity years back when his film Million Dollar
Baby came out, and Shawn totally trashed it because it deals with assisted suicide...now he is a hero for the RNC huh?

phill4paul
08-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Roger Ebert said this of Clint Eastwood RNC speech..

“Clint, my hero, is coming across as sad and pathetic,” Ebert tweeted during Eastwood’s remarks. “He didn't need to do this to himself. It's unworthy of him.”

I'd have to say that Ebert is a doddering old fool unappreciative of the classics. His performance was grand. Clint Eastwood sat the Pooka in the chair and channeled Harvey. In Jimmy Stewart style. He made two different stabs at the GOP. And was applauded for both. He excoriated the Pooka for staying in Afghanistan so long. He also attributed to Rmoney phrasing that was not his. "I think Mr. Romney asked why are you giving the target date for bringing them home? Why don't you just bring them home tomorrow?" That wasn't a Romney line. That was a Ron Paul line.

I think Clint trolled the RNC. To applause.

ShaneEnochs
08-31-2012, 09:15 PM
Roger Ebert said this of Clint Eastwood RNC speech..

“Clint, my hero, is coming across as sad and pathetic,” Ebert tweeted during Eastwood’s remarks. “He didn't need to do this to himself. It's unworthy of him.”

I'd have to say that Ebert is a doddering old fool unappreciative of the classics. His performance was grand. Clint Eastwood sat the Pooka in the chair and channeled Harvey. In Jimmy Stewart style. He made two different stabs at the GOP. And was applauded for both. He excoriated the Pooka for staying in Afghanistan so long. He also attributed to Rmoney phrasing that was not his. "I think Mr. Romney asked why are you giving the target date for bringing them home? Why don't you just bring them home tomorrow?" That wasn't a Romney line. That was a Ron Paul line.

I think Clint trolled the RNC. To applause.

QFT

ClydeCoulter
08-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Yea, the convention didn't know how to take Clint.
"He's on our side, right"?
"What, Romney said just pull out tomorrow"?
"What's he saying, it's not about party"?

AuH20
08-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Any idea who MTV (viacom) hitched their wagon too??

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1692991/clint-eastwood-rnc-speech.jhtml

wgadget
08-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Some radio talk show host (cant remember who) was trying to make it sound like the audience couldn't hear him...LOL.

pacelli
08-31-2012, 09:18 PM
I agree that Clint trolled the RNC.

He was above them by acting like a demented actor.

Fxking genius.

AuH20
08-31-2012, 09:21 PM
I actually agree everything Eastwood stated last night. Only a fool would go into the mountains of Afghanistan if you are aware of it's tumultuous history. And regarding Gitmo, I agree with him there. I don't agree with indefinite detention without trial, but under no circumstances should non-citizens be entitled to the privilege of the American justice system.

mysticgeek
08-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Here's an interesting video I found on the daily paul...notice how uneasy the crowd reacts when Clint talks about bringing the troops out of Afghanistan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9coysZXS1_4

ShaneEnochs
08-31-2012, 09:27 PM
I actually agree everything Eastwood stated last night. Only a fool would go into the mountains of Afghanistan if you are aware of it's tumultuous history. And regarding Gitmo, I agree with him there. I don't agree with indefinite detention without trial, but under no circumstances should non-citizens be entitled to the privilege of the American justice system.

What should be done with them?

AuH20
08-31-2012, 09:29 PM
What should be done with them?

expedited military tribunals but having them sit in there for 3 to 4 years is a travesty.

ShaneEnochs
08-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Here's an interesting video I found on the daily paul...notice how uneasy the crowd reacts when Clint talks about bringing the troops out of Afghanistan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9coysZXS1_4

Clint punked the RNC by attributing Ron's quotes to Romney.

ShaneEnochs
08-31-2012, 09:30 PM
expedited military tribunals but having them sit in there for 3 to 4 years is a travesty.

99.999% of the people in Gitmo are civilians.

liberty2897
08-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Some recent headlines in the news:

Clint Eastwood didn't exactly make Team Romney's day
Los Angeles Times 42 minutes ago
TAMPA, Fla. - The idea must have seemed sure-fire when Mitt Romney's advisors hatched it: Highlight the final night of the Republican National Convention with a surprise appearance by that long, tall drink of gritty Americana, Clint Eastwood.

Mitt Romney
Republican National Convention
Romney aides scratch their heads over Eastwood's speech
Austin American-Statesman

Grapevine: Mixed reviews for Eastwood's RNC appearance
Fox News

Highly Cited Did Clint Eastwood steal Romney's thunder?
CBS News

Opinion:The risk of going off script
San Francisco Chronicle

The Hollywood Reporter - 8 hours ago - Google+
The CNN host tells THR that the legendary actor was like the 'slightly crazy uncle at a Christmas party' with his bizarre speech at the Republican convention, and an embarrassment for Mitt Romney.
CNN's Piers Morgan: Clint Eastwood Was 'Hollywood Meets Politics Trainwreck'

I would have to say that Clint Eastwood MUST have said something right. Only the MSM tries to make sane people look crazy. (based on my observations)

ClydeCoulter
08-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Any idea who MTV (viacom) hitched their wagon too??

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1692991/clint-eastwood-rnc-speech.jhtml

I commented on this article about Clint's genius :)

nano1895
08-31-2012, 09:35 PM
Clint Eastwood definitely did steal the thunder...go to youtube and type in Mitt Romney RNC speech, look at the top results lol.

liveandletlive
08-31-2012, 09:36 PM
Apparently Mitt liked the speech and was laughing it up backstage...hehe, what a phony. I bet he cringed about GITMO and ending the wars.

Clint, a senile ol fart likely embarrassed Romney's senior aides...and i love him for it!

PursuePeace
08-31-2012, 09:38 PM
Paul/Eastwood 2012
3rd party run.

(j/k) But that would be kind of hilarious.

king_nothing_
08-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Do you understand that "combatants" in the "war on terrorism" aren't actually combatants in any actual war? Please tell me you haven't bought that rubbish they've fed you. They are civilians who should be tried in civilian criminal court.

AuH20
08-31-2012, 09:41 PM

I would have to say that Clint Eastwood MUST have said something right. Only the MSM tries to make sane people look crazy. (based on my observations)

The media is so corrupt that they we won't even challenge what he stated. They just shrewdly degrade him as an old, senile grand-pappy. Sounds like someone we know. :)

John of Des Moines
08-31-2012, 09:42 PM

Sorry in the States united people have rights, not privileges.

And so if I conspired with my foreign born non-citizen neighbor to distribute drugs (or whenever you like) I would get a trial in a civilian court and my foreign born non-citizen neighbor gets a military trial. Why the difference?

AuH20
08-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Sorry in the States united people have rights, not privileges.

And so if I conspired with my foreign born non-citizen neighbor to distribute drugs (or whenever you like) I would get a trial in a civilian court and my foreign born non-citizen neighbor gets a military trial. Why the difference?

Not if you are picked up in Egypt. That's asinine. Why should U.S. taxpayers being paying for what amounts to be global trials?? And then what about the high probability of multiple appeals???? At the very least, those trials should be occurring in the countries of origin. Secondarily, military tribunals should be administered if there is enough evidence to move forward on a prosecution.

ShaneEnochs
08-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Not if you are picked up in Egypt. That's asinine. Why should U.S. taxpayers being paying for global trials?? At the very least, those trials should be occurring in the countries of origin. Secondarily, military tribunals should be administered if there is enough evidence to move forward on a prosecution.

You understand that regardless of what the government does, whether it's shooting a bullet into someone, putting someone on trail, etc, it's the tax payers who are paying for it, right?

You can't have military tribunals for CIVILIANS. What the hell.

AuH20
08-31-2012, 09:52 PM
You understand that regardless of what the government does, whether it's shooting a bullet into someone, putting someone on trail, etc, it's the tax payers are the ones who pay for it, right?

My point exactly. Stop wasting resources and sticking the rubes with the tab. Mustafa Nafur's 9th appeal in 5 years is not something we should be burdening U.S. taxpayers with. There isn't a replenishable money tree I'm aware of. We need to massively downscale the WoT as well so as to reduce these no-win scenarios.

ShaneEnochs
08-31-2012, 09:55 PM
My point exactly. Stop wasting resources and sticking the rubes with the tab. Mustafa Nafur's 9th appeal in 5 years is not something we should be burdening U.S. taxpayers with. There isn't a replenishable money tree I'm aware of. We need to massively downscale the WoT as well so as to reduce these no-win scenarios.

Ah, so you're saying release them to their countries of origin?

AuH20
08-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Ah, so you're saying release them to their countries of origin?

Turn them over to the authorities for a trial in their country of origin if the case for their detainment is weak.

michaelwise
08-31-2012, 10:06 PM

The Jewtub MSM and their twisted other media are going to tell you what to think about the Clint Eastwood speech, and not discuss any of the topics and actual words he used in that speech.
All the words in Clint Eastwood's speech were truth. Tell me which words and phrases were lies?
The Jewtube MSM just wants more military industrial complex taxpayer money spending.

P.S.
You'd think people in the entertainment industry would know what "Theatrical Property" is. Google it.

phill4paul
08-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Clint was brilliant..

On Fair Facts street, between 18th and 19th I asked him his name. He told me "What name do you like?" I didn't have to think twice. 'Harvey' has always been my favorite name. I didn't have to think twice. And this is the interesting thing. He said "What a coincidence. My name happens to be Harvey."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBvpxzl54D8

His cadence wasn't disjointed in so much as it was Jimmy Stewart in the roll of Elwood. He was spot on in the role he chose for that evening.

No1butPaul
08-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Yea, the convention didn't know how to take Clint.
"He's on our side, right"?
"What, Romney said just pull out tomorrow"?
"What's he saying, it's not about party"?

And how 'bout, he's validating Libertarians as a real party by lumping them in with our blue & red two-headed monster?

ClydeCoulter
08-31-2012, 10:11 PM
And how 'bout, he's validating Libertarians as a real party by lumping them in with our blue & red two-headed monster?

Yep he did. I summarized it as "It's not about party", when he said "Democrat, Republican or Libertarian"....not guys who seem nice....:)

No1butPaul
08-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Clint was brilliant..

His cadence wasn't disjointed in so much as it was Jimmy Stewart in the roll of Elwood. He was spot on in the role he chose for that evening.

Can you please explain what this means? I don't get it. Are you sure you didn't mean to say Fairfax St. (in Los Angeles)?

phill4paul
08-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Clint was brilliant..

He also says "I have known no 'Harvery's.' (presidents?) "Perhaps, that is why have always had such high hopes for the name."

No1butPaul
08-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Yep he did. I summarized it as "It's not about party", when he said "Democrat, Republican or Libertarian"....not guys who seem nice....:)

Did you notice Paul Ryan was NOT smiling ... not one little bit. He looked pissed and his wife looked confused.

phill4paul
08-31-2012, 10:17 PM
Can you please explain what this means? I don't get it. Are you sure you didn't mean to say Fairfax St. (in Los Angeles)?

Possible. But everything about 'Harvey' is a play on words. Why not "Maple Street?" Or "Main Street?" "Fairfax" or possibly "Fair Facts."

No1butPaul
08-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Possible. But everything about 'Harvey' is a play on words. Why not "Maple Street?" Or "Main Street?" "Fairfax" or possibly "Fair Facts."

:confused: I'll have to ask my husband, he's a few years older than I, maybe he'll splain.

phill4paul
08-31-2012, 10:29 PM
:confused: I'll have to ask my husband, he's a few years older than I, maybe he'll splain.

Just watch the clip I posted. Go to wiki and read about the movie. Also wiki Pookas. It is a very endearing movie. Not for it's face value but for its underlying message.

specsaregood
08-31-2012, 10:29 PM
You understand that regardless of what the government does, whether it's shooting a bullet into someone, putting someone on trail, etc, it's the tax payers who are paying for it, right?

I think military tribunals would be more fair than civilian trials. Which presidential candidate got the most donations from military people?

mysticgeek
08-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Ha! I didn't catch that the first time. I watched it again and you're totally right! Awesome!