PDA

View Full Version : I'm organizing the L.A. Jay Leno event for RP: What message should we send Ron?

eleganz
08-31-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm a little conflicted, on one hand, I don't want to embarrass Ron by chanting things that might make him uncomfortable but at the same time, there are certain things Ron Paul doesn't like to speak about that we must make public, and Leno's viewership is a great starting point to get the controversies out there.

The event can be found here, we want to make a SPLASH! So if you guys live in SoCal or know anybody that does, make sure they show up to this event, we know exactly where RP will be making his entrance and exit in his SUV. He always rolls down his window to shake hands and wave :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/193189520814707/

nobody's_hero
08-31-2012, 08:26 PM
I think you should make signs that say:

Ron Paul.

Freedom, Unscripted.

liberty2897
08-31-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm a little conflicted, on one hand, I don't want to embarrass Ron by chanting things that might make him uncomfortable but at the same time, there are certain things Ron Paul doesn't like to speak about that we must make public, and Leno's viewership is a great starting point to get the controversies out there.

Have him echo what his supporters have to say:

from this link: http://www.examiner.com/article/ron-paul-washes-his-hands-of-keynesian-fiscally-irresponsible-republican-party

Ron Hummel ∑ Top Commenter ∑ Roxborough High School
4 registered republicans in this house will now vote for Gary Johnson and never vote for a republican again.
Reply ∑ 174 ∑ ∑ 8 hours ago

Mike Pincher ∑ Top Commenter ∑ University at Albany, SUNY
If more people think like you and vote for Johnson, Ron, he could actually win. Good for you!
Reply ∑ 61 ∑ ∑ 7 hours ago

Zak Attack ∑ Top Commenter
http://iroots.org/2012/08/30/breaking-ron-paul-guest-on-tonight-show-with-leno-9412/
Don't hang your hats yet. He may have something important to announce.
Reply ∑ 19 ∑ ∑ 6 hours ago

Lisa Smith
I'm voting Johnson in November. Ron Paul was my first choice and the only reason I was going to vote for a GOP member. The GOP n
Reply ∑ 41 ∑ ∑ 6 hours ago
View 13 more

Ron Hummel ∑ Top Commenter ∑ Roxborough High School
I am now alarmed. If the GOP can stomp on the rules in a place where they should be behaving, what will they do in the White Hou
Reply ∑ 92 ∑ ∑ 8 hours ago

Jerry Nelson
No more dangerous than the dems..in fact I would argue less so. At least the R's are blatantly greedy..the D's try to hide it
Reply ∑ 11 ∑ ∑ 8 hours ago

KC Ted ∑ Top Commenter
As well as the Democrats. They are both in the stranglehold of the global financial elite
Reply ∑ 17 ∑ ∑ 5 hours ago

RON PAUL give-your-support-to Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm not voting for "the lesser of two evils."
Reply ∑ 18 ∑ ∑ 4 hours ago

Ryan Rework ∑ Top Commenter ∑ Bellevue, Nebraska
What a coincidence. I have my Libertarian voter registration form filled out in front of me. Done with the GOP too.
Reply ∑ 54 ∑ ∑ 9 hours ago

Daniel Yanov ∑ Producer/DJ/A&R/Nice Guy at Hidden Measure
It's unclear to me why you are part of the GOP anyway. People need to stop buying into this Demo-Rep crap. The more people do no
Reply ∑ 26 ∑ ∑ 9 hours ago

Spin LÝuder ∑ Psychonaut & TechnoSHamen at GroundskÝr ∑ 116 subscribers
You had to be a part of the GOP if you intended to vote for Paul at all
Reply ∑ 31 ∑ ∑ 9 hours ago

Evan Rogers ∑ Top Commenter
Not in all states
Reply ∑ 6 ∑ ∑ 8 hours ago
View 18 more

Terry Engert ∑ Top Commenter ∑ Owner at R and R Remodel ∑ 167 subscribers
GOOD BYE GOP AND TEARS UP REPUBLICAN CARD , LIBERTY HERE I COME!
Reply ∑ 50 ∑ ∑ 8 hours ago

Rosco Revere
Let the revolution continue outside the left/right paradigm!
Reply ∑ 31 ∑ ∑ 7 hours ago

Eve O'Liberty ∑ Top Commenter ∑ Works at Ron Paul 2012
http://www.facebook.com/groups/Revolution2GaryJohnson/
Reply ∑ 5 ∑ ∑ 7 hours ago

http://iroots.org/2012/08/30/breaking-ron-paul-guest-on-tonight-show-with-leno-9412/
Reply ∑ 9 ∑ ∑ 6 hours ago
View 1 more

Judy Parker ∑ Top Commenter ∑ Office Assistant at Star Furniture
After 35 years I'm through with the crooked repugnant's too.
Reply ∑ 47 ∑ ∑ 10 hours ago

MaryAnn Crum ∑ Top Commenter
Judy, you cannot call them repugnants! I've been calling them that for over 15 years! ;) It only took me a couple months to see
Reply ∑ 5 ∑ ∑ 4 hours ago

Erika Light Roberg
I'm 42 and a lifetime Republican - that is until two days ago. I have officially switched my affiliation to Libertarian. Looks l
Reply ∑ 41 ∑ ∑ 6 hours ago

RON PAUL give-your-support-to Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
Welcome!
Reply ∑ 5 ∑ ∑ 4 hours ago

Erika Light Roberg
Thank you! My heart has always been here, even if that piece of paper called a "Voter Registration Card" said otherwise.
Reply ∑ 3 ∑ ∑ 4 hours ago

Venita Garner ∑ Montgomery Blair High School
Me too .. I stopped paying attention to what party was what when they started campaigns that only involved mud slinging.
Reply ∑ 3 ∑ ∑ 3 hours ago

Janece Herrington Hass ∑ Top Commenter ∑ Cal State Dominguez Hills
I'm a RON PAUL supporter who will be voting for Gary Johnson! It's time to look at another viable option and Gary Johnson appear
Reply ∑ 35 ∑ ∑ 8 hours ago

Reply ∑ 1 ∑ ∑ 6 hours ago
Wolf Onnie ∑ Top Commenter
NO MORE TWO HEADED ONE PARTY SYSTEM! Let the Revolution begin...Say NO to the Dems and Rep and say yes to Liberty and Freedom...
Reply ∑ 23 ∑ ∑ 3 hours ago

Markie Balentine ∑ Top Commenter ∑ Works at Ron Paul Revolution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHtjav8CV30 spread the cause of librty far and wide america needs a kick start this second none v
Reply ∑ 6 ∑ ∑ 3 hours ago

William Kincaid
I agree they are no different than the ones they oppose
Reply ∑ 4 ∑ ∑ 2 hours ago

Wolf Onnie ∑ Top Commenter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbrUPtwIKuk>>>>>>>>An Absolute Must Watch And Share - A Brilliant Man.
Reply ∑ ∑ 2 hours ago

Trish Bell ∑ Photographer at T. Bell's Photography
I saw this on my face book this morning and decided to post it to as many facebook pages as possible.. Please do the same and po
Reply ∑ 18 ∑ ∑ 9 hours ago

Jim Tomasik ∑ Top Commenter
Ron Paul needs to back Gary Johnson now. Johnson endorsed Ron Paul all the way and now it's his turn to return the favor.
Reply ∑ 21 ∑ ∑ 7 hours ago

Nom Deguerre ∑ Top Commenter
Johnson needs to come out against foreign intervention period though. Not say that for humanitarian reasons he would invade Iraw
Reply ∑ 4 ∑ ∑ 7 hours ago

Dennis Spears
Gary is the same as Paul. Would only attack in response to an attack!
Reply ∑ 8 ∑ ∑ 7 hours ago
View 7 more

Casey Lee Peterson ∑ Top Commenter ∑ Owner at Art By Casey, LLC
I am done with the GANG OF PHONIES!
Reply ∑ 15 ∑ ∑ 9 hours ago

Murray N Rothbard
08-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Something that mocks the RNC or better yet the political process overall. Enough of this "President Paul" stuff. At this point it's kind of pathetic.

eleganz
08-31-2012, 08:41 PM
I think you should make signs that say:

Ron Paul.

Freedom, Unscripted.

unfortunately there are no signs allowed in the studio =/

bunklocoempire
08-31-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm organizing the L.A. Jay Leno event for RP: What message should we send Ron?

Thank you for everything, relax, we got this.

kathy88
08-31-2012, 08:52 PM
"thanks for the matching funds. Ron Paul 2012" the revolution has been televised.

eleganz
08-31-2012, 09:27 PM
"thanks for the matching funds. Ron Paul 2012" the revolution has been televised.

what is this matching funds thing?

twomp
08-31-2012, 09:30 PM
It would be AWESOME if he ran 3rd party but I doubt it so my suggestion would be "Thanks Ron Paul!" You freed my mind sir!

Carlybee
08-31-2012, 09:38 PM
Ron Paul - There is no substitute

CPUd
08-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Ron Paul Revolution give us back our constitution!

See if someone can give him this and have him show it for the camera:

http://reason.com/assets/mc/2012_08/RememberMaineRonPaul428321.jpg

sailingaway
08-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Ron Paul - There is no substitute

^^this

I think President Paul, if he is NOT running indy, will be spun as inability to let go. I'd rather a sort of 'we support you in all you do' kind of message, or 'we fight for him because he has always fought for America'.

Something more timeless....

sailingaway
08-31-2012, 09:41 PM
Ron Paul Revolution give us back our constitution!

See if someone can give him this and have him show it for the camera:

http://reason.com/assets/mc/2012_08/RememberMaineRonPaul428321.jpg

OK, I'd forgotten this one. This is great.

And if anything bad happens at the meeting in Maine tomorrow, we DEFINITELY should make use of that Maine logo

truthspeaker
08-31-2012, 09:53 PM
How about something new:

"Life, Liberty, Property!"

(You know, the natural rights)

Edit:

I would be LOL if the crowd suddenly chanted about capitalism or economics. But those two words are hard to put in a chant.

No1butPaul
08-31-2012, 09:58 PM
I voted President Paul/3rd Party run, but that's long for a chant I think ... maybe just 3rd party run, 3rd party run??

No1butPaul
08-31-2012, 09:59 PM
OK, I'd forgotten this one. This is great.

And if anything bad happens at the meeting in Maine tomorrow, we DEFINITELY should make use of that Maine logo

Can you post it on Jay Leno & Ron Paul's twitter accounts? Won't they be sure to see it there?

acptulsa
08-31-2012, 10:03 PM
I'd just as soon no one interrupted, as I want to hear what he has to say. That said, if something must be chanted in the studio, there's only one thing I really want Dr. Ron to hear:

Thank you Ron Paul!

KramerDSP
08-31-2012, 10:03 PM
In pro wrestling, when the great ones retire, the fans chant "Thank You, ________".

Thank you, Ric. Thank you, Shawn. Thank you, Edge.

In that fold, I suggest "Thank You Ron!" "Thank You Ron!" "Thank You Ron!"

ClydeCoulter
08-31-2012, 10:05 PM
what is this matching funds thing?

@Sailingaway, ^^^^

acptulsa
08-31-2012, 10:06 PM

Same suggestion at the exact same time. How can I not +rep you?

sailingaway
08-31-2012, 10:12 PM
I'd just as soon no one interrupted, as I want to hear what he has to say. That said, if something must be chanted in the studio, there's only one thing I really want Dr. Ron to hear:

Thank you Ron Paul!

I think eleganz is talking about outside where people do sign waves when Ron comes to Jay Leno's studio.

eleganz
08-31-2012, 10:13 PM
I think eleganz is talking about outside where people do sign waves when Ron comes to Jay Leno's studio.

outside and in :)

twomp
08-31-2012, 10:18 PM

I think we haven't had a chance to tell the good doctor thanks yet, we do make a lot of demands of him though! A nationally televised "Thank you!" would be awesome!

happyphilter
08-31-2012, 10:32 PM
A message thanking Ron Paul would be the best. I think a 3rd party run would undo many of the gains some of us have made within the GOP.

PursuePeace
08-31-2012, 10:55 PM
In pro wrestling, when the great ones retire, the fans chant "Thank You, ________".

Thank you, Ric. Thank you, Shawn. Thank you, Edge.

Thank you Ron Paul!

I think we haven't had a chance to tell the good doctor thanks yet, we do make a lot of demands of him though! A nationally televised "Thank you!" would be awesome!

Totally agree! I love this idea. :)

Philosophy_of_Politics
08-31-2012, 11:15 PM
I would like Ron to defeat the "Anyone But Obama" slogan with a short intellectual argument on Leno.

tangent4ronpaul
08-31-2012, 11:48 PM

Did you snag the tix? - they were listed as waiting list only?

-t

eleganz
09-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Did you snag the tix? - they were listed as waiting list only?

-t

yea I got tickets, luckily, some of our other grassroots people got tickets too, I just don't know how many we are going to be able to get in.

there are also always stand by tickets that can be gotten in the morning, I've gotten them before when Ron came on the Leno show late 2011.

tangent4ronpaul
09-01-2012, 01:04 AM
yea I got tickets, luckily, some of our other grassroots people got tickets too, I just don't know how many we are going to be able to get in.

there are also always stand by tickets that can be gotten in the morning, I've gotten them before when Ron came on the Leno show late 2011.

http://www.tonightshowinfo.com/TonightShowTickets.htm
http://www.tvtix.com/schedule.php

-t

Tinnuhana
09-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Always an impromptu "End the Fed". And how about "As Maine goes, so goes the nation" with appropriate ironic photos from Tampa.

jcarcinogen
09-01-2012, 06:23 AM
Yes, "thank you, Ron!".

tony m
09-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Ron Paul = Remember the Alamo

"Ron Paul" will always be the Liberty Movements rallying cry.

eleganz
09-03-2012, 04:35 PM
bump we need people here...get people here!

rprprs
09-03-2012, 04:59 PM
A large presence, thunderous applause and a standing ovation will be the most effective.
If a chant is a must, then yes, "Thank you, Ron." gets my vote.

angelatc
09-03-2012, 05:01 PM
My favorite chant has always been, "Ron Paul speaks truth!"

Matt Collins
09-03-2012, 05:58 PM
can people tape the interview on their cellphones in case NBC edits out any of the interview?

sillvergirl
09-03-2012, 06:06 PM
As RON PAUL appears.... CHANT IN UNISON.....

" PAUL or NONE ! ...

THIRD PARTY RUN !...

PAUL or NONE ! ...

THIRD PARTY RUN !....'

etc.

ClydeCoulter
09-03-2012, 06:07 PM
As RON PAUL appears.... CHANT IN UNISON.....

" PAUL or NONE ! ...

THIRD PARTY RUN !...

PAUL or NONE ! ...

THIRD PARTY RUN !....'

etc.

with:

MATCHING FUNDS...

Carehn
09-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Thank you for everything, relax, we got this.
Thats awesome

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-03-2012, 06:10 PM
"Thank You Ron"

WhistlinDave
09-03-2012, 06:14 PM
ROM NEY CHEATED

RON PAUL WON

ROM NEY CHEATED

RON PAUL WON

I'd like more mainstream media coverage of the corruption and cheating that went on in the RNC and this should definitely get someone asking, "What are they talking about?"

Fact is, Romney cheated, and should be disqualified. Ron Paul won as far as I'm concerned.

Chris from Upstate NY
09-03-2012, 06:30 PM
ROM NEY CHEATED

RON PAUL WON

ROM NEY CHEATED

RON PAUL WON

I'd like more mainstream media coverage of the corruption and cheating that went on in the RNC and this should definitely get someone asking, "What are they talking about?"

Fact is, Romney cheated, and should be disqualified. Ron Paul won as far as I'm concerned.

I like this a lot. Also like "Thank You Ron" Both of these would be awesome. But for sure "Thank You Ron" The good Dr. deserves it.

TrishW
09-03-2012, 06:57 PM
I like nothing better than PRESIDENT PAUL! Its shows our love and undying dedication. It also winks at the idea of keeping the campaign going third party.

I want to see the smile he flashes when he hears it yelled.

CableNewsJunkie
09-03-2012, 06:59 PM
"As Maine goes, so goes the nation!" "As Maine goes, so goes the nation!"

Also, this would be really cool to see.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?388634-Big-Question-What-Will-Ron-Paul-Say-on-the-Jay-Leno-Show&p=4626210&viewfull=1#post4626210

eleganz
09-03-2012, 07:09 PM
people, please help share this passage on your facebook, twitter, whatever..we need to make the Jay Leno event a BLOWOUT.

We're trying to make this the largest Ron Paul Leno event ever and we're going to need you to show up with as many people, signs and enthusiasm as you can. You see, the Libertarian Party is watching for the support of Ron Paul in the case that he decides to run third party so we have to show Ron and the LP that there is a huge demand for both camps to work together to make the ultimate presidential ticket of 2012.

If you are game, please click the event link, read the description and rsvp. If there was ever a time for you to show up to make a difference, it would be right now. Ron Paul has been showed to poll 18-21% against Romney and Obama in national polls, and thats excluding an official announcement and national debates.

Are you ready for the last push? Let's make history happen!

https://www.facebook.com/events/193189520814707/