PDA

View Full Version : Woman leaves her kids at police station; Cops murder her

green73
08-31-2012, 12:34 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-lapd-video-20120831,0,3450294.story

Lucille
08-31-2012, 12:51 PM
She tried to do the right thing! What a bunch of sick bastards.

At least five Los Angeles police officers are under investigation in the death of a woman who stopped breathing during a struggle that included an officer stomping on her genital area and the use of additional force by others to take her into custody, police officials confirmed Thursday.

The altercation in front of her South Los Angeles apartment was captured by a patrol car's video camera.

When asked by The Times about the incident, LAPD Cmdr. Bob Green confirmed that one officer, while trying to get Alesia Thomas into the back of a patrol car, threatened to kick Thomas in the genitals if she did not comply, and then followed through on her threat.
[...]
The Thomas case occurred in the early morning hours of July 22 after she left her 3-year-old and 12-year-old children at the LAPD's Southeast Area station, according to a department account released the following day. Green, who oversees the Southeast Area station, confirmed that Thomas tried to surrender custody of the children to police because she was a drug addict and felt she could not care for them.

Officers went in search of Thomas, finding her at her home in the 9000 block of South Broadway. After questioning her briefly, the officers attempted to arrest her on suspicion of child endangerment, the department's account said.

Too many boot-licking witnesses making statements.

angelatc
08-31-2012, 12:54 PM
The Thomas case occurred in the early morning hours of July 22 after she left her 3-year-old and 12-year-old children at the LAPD's Southeast Area station, according to a department account released the following day. Green, who oversees the Southeast Area station, confirmed that Thomas tried to surrender custody of the children to police because she was a drug addict and felt she could not care for them.

Officers went in search of Thomas, finding her at her home in the 9000 block of South Broadway. After questioning her briefly, the officers attempted to arrest her on suspicion of child endangerment,

Leaving your kids with the state is pretty much child endangerment. Hard to argue that.

jmdrake
08-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Leaving your kids with the state is pretty much child endangerment. Hard to argue that.

Yeah. But she was probably raised to believe that "I'm from the government and I'm here to help" isn't an oxymoron.

heavenlyboy34
08-31-2012, 01:29 PM
In AZ we have a law that allows parents to leave "unwanted" babies at fire stations or police stations. (I don't recall the name of the law..."safe haven" or something) FWIW.

Edit: n/m, the law has been updated in the last few years...

http://safehaven.tv/states/arizona/

Revised Statute 13-3623.01 (http://safehaven.tv/states/arizona/Arizona_Safe_Haven_Law.pdf)
You can leave your baby, up to 3 days old, with an on duty staff member at any hospital, emergency medical service provider, fire station or with any licensed private child welfare agency, licensed adoption agency or any church in Arizona.

Lucille
08-31-2012, 01:29 PM

Yeah, I almost snarked about that too.

But really though, kicking her in her genitals? WTF...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I almost snarked about that too.

But really though, kicking her in her genitals? WTF...

I'd rather hear the real word he was using. (being that I don't know what word he actually used.) We're adults here. And I can't believe he first verbally threatened it, and then did it. That's nuts. Or not.

jmdrake
08-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Why I know we're in trouble.

The South L.A. altercation, in which an officer stomped on the woman, was captured on a patrol car's video camera.

If government "officials" think they can do then when they known they're on camera, what will (some) of these people do off camera?

pcosmar
08-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Why I know we're in trouble.

The South L.A. altercation, in which an officer stomped on the woman, was captured on a patrol car's video camera.

If government "officials" think they can do then when they known they're on camera, what will (some) of these people do off camera?

or when the gloves(pretense of law) come off,,

of course,, when theirs come off so do ours.

DamianTV
08-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Did anyone else notice that the article flat out REFUSED to call it MURDER, although that is EXACTLY what it is?

tod evans
08-31-2012, 03:38 PM

Gee, I wonder..:rolleyes: