PDA

View Full Version : Shut Up and I'll vote

VRP08
11-18-2007, 10:59 PM
A friend who is registered rep. and has not much political knowledge, told me that if I stop talking RP already, she promised to vote for him. I know she will, she has no political interest and if I didn't tell her about RP, she'd be voting for whoever. Is that your average American? http://www.smileygenerator.us/community/searchsmiley/c/misc-crazy.gif

American
11-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Yeah thats about it. OH well at least shes voting for RP

Wyurm
11-18-2007, 11:02 PM
A friend who is registered rep. and has not much political knowledge, told me that if I stop talking RP already, she promised to vote for him. I know she will, she has no political interest and if I didn't tell her about RP, she'd be voting for whoever. Is that your average American? http://www.smileygenerator.us/community/searchsmiley/c/misc-crazy.gif

You might want to buy her some earplugs, cause if your anything like me, it will be impossible for you to shut up about Dr. Paul.

robertwerden
11-18-2007, 11:03 PM
That was my mom as well. She never voted before and talks like a Dem. I talk RP every chance I get and she said she is not interested in politics but if it will stop the constant conversations she will vote for him because she loves me.

VRP08
11-19-2007, 12:19 AM
You might want to buy her some earplugs, cause if your anything like me, it will be impossible for you to shut up about Dr. Paul.

She said she will stop coming over! lol I'll give her a break...as long as she votes!

theseus51
11-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Someone in my meetup group has a similar situation. She said her sister will support Ron Paul as long as she never mentions him again. =p

Wyurm
That was my mom as well. She never voted before and talks like a Dem. I talk RP every chance I get and she said she is not interested in politics but if it will stop the constant conversations she will vote for him because she loves me.

I see, so this looks like a new strategy. Annoy for the win!!!

richk
Everyone at my workplace knows I'm all for Dr. Paul. However, there are quite a few that absolutely hate it when I talk politics with OTHER people. I mean really, they do not care one iota and would rather not hear anything about it. Really depressing when you think about it.

goRPaul
11-19-2007, 12:46 AM
I know a few people who have said they'll vote for him just because I talk about him so much. But I would prefer that they vote because they love freedom, and not just because I love freedom.

Oh well, a vote is a vote I suppose.

Corydoras
11-19-2007, 02:01 AM
You know that line from Ghostbusters?
"When someone asks if you're a god, SAY YES!"

When someone offers to vote for Ron Paul because they want you to shut up, SAY YES!
:p

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-19-2007, 02:35 AM
yup this has been told to me as well lol

runderwo
11-19-2007, 09:09 AM

I've been told the same thing, that they will only vote for Ron if they don't hear about him again until the election because they are sick of hearing about him. I just regard such people as clueless and/or cynical and hope they will wake up on their own. At least they are unlikely to vote for anyone else, so at worst they are a waste of time.