PDA

View Full Version : I was so pissed at a fundraising email from Romney I deleted it before I could share

sailingaway
08-30-2012, 07:27 PM
it wanted us to show support for 'Paul and me' by donating $20.12.

I don't usually click at all, but I thought it might be something actually informative about RNC.

ShaneEnochs
08-30-2012, 07:31 PM
It said to donate to him to show our support for him and... Ron Paul? What bizarro world is he living in?

Sematary
08-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Here you go. Got the same one.

Friend,

In a few hours, I’ll take the podium before a Republican Party that has been united and inspired by a common conviction:

We believe in America.

We believe in America, even though the last four years have been full of difficulties and disappointments, doubt and despair.

We believe in America, even though millions of American families are worried about their jobs, their mortgages, their children, and their future.

We believe in America, even though President Obama’s failed policies have left us with record high unemployment, lower take-home pay, and the weakest economy since the Great Depression.

But we also believe that America can do better, because decline is not our destiny.

I commit to you that I will be the president this moment demands.

I ask you to commit like never before -- donate $20.12 to support Paul and me and the entire Republican team.

It will be my privilege to stand at the podium to accept the nomination. And I will stand not just for every supporter, and not just for the Republican Party -- I’ll stand for every American who believes our best days are ahead.

Thank you,

Mitt Romney

Sematary
08-30-2012, 07:33 PM
I also deleted it before I could read it but it was in the trash bin where it belongs.

GeorgiaAvenger
08-30-2012, 07:34 PM
PAUL RYAN!

Geez...

specsaregood
08-30-2012, 07:35 PM
PAUL RYAN!

Geez...

exactly.

Cody1
08-30-2012, 07:35 PM
...yeah the email talked about Paul Ryan, not the the Dr.

Weston White
08-30-2012, 07:37 PM
And don't forget Rand Paul too.

GeorgiaAvenger
08-30-2012, 07:39 PM
And don't forget Rand Paul too.Yeah, but its definitely about Paul Ryan.

FSP-Rebel
08-30-2012, 07:43 PM
I didn't get that email from R-money, however that same email landed in my box from patriot update whoever they are. Every org that I've unfortunately signed up with that has sent me anything regarding R-money, I've unsubscribed to.

Paulistinian
08-30-2012, 07:50 PM
WOW hahaha I got the same email tonight too and did the same! Deleted it the second I saw "Paul and me" ugh... I know he's talking about Paul Ryan, but still...

sailingaway
08-30-2012, 08:05 PM
It said to donate to him to show our support for him and... Ron Paul? What bizarro world is he living in?

him and 'Paul' -- easily confusable with Ron Paul, but explainable as Paul Ryan, using RON'S most frequent fundraising amount in his donations, quarter after quarter.

sailingaway
08-30-2012, 08:09 PM
...yeah the email talked about Paul Ryan, not the the Dr.

I know that, but I strongly suspect I get so much crap from him because I donate to Ron Paul. Literally I have received scores of snail mail letters, etc. And we were talking earlier about how Fox kept calling them 'Romney and Paul' and talking about how 'libertarian' Paul is. When Ryan was announced I actually saw a headline that Romney had picked 'Ron Paul', and the $20.12 has been written up in a number of articles as Ron's most common donation.

And it still may be coincidence, but I suspect it may not be.

WhistlinDave
08-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Am I the only one thinking that when they were deciding who to make VP, they said, "Get together a list of all politicians with a reputation for being conservative whose first or last name is Paul and we'll go from there."

specsaregood
08-30-2012, 08:11 PM
him and 'Paul' -- easily confusable with Ron Paul, but explainable as Paul Ryan, using RON'S most frequent fundraising amount in his donations, quarter after quarter.

Oh, I have no doubt they meant it to be obfuscated.