PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Defender of Liberty

HardyMacia
08-30-2012, 06:13 PM
What needs to be done to take Johnson out of the Opposing candidates and give him a section in Defenders of Liberty where he belongs?

I'm having Ron Paul Facebook groups make the full switch over to Johnson. Former Paul volunteers are making the switch. It's time for the RP Forums to make the switch, too. We need to work together if we want to make a big impact in November for Liberty.

Brian4Liberty
08-30-2012, 06:17 PM
What needs to be done to take Johnson out of the Opposing candidates and give him a section in Defenders of Liberty where he belongs?

I'm having Ron Paul Facebook groups make the full switch over to Johnson.

What is a "full switch over"?

Indy Vidual
08-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Supporting the best man who is on the ballot.

Eire4RonPaul
08-30-2012, 07:02 PM
We love Ron Paul. But Ron Paul is just one messenger. He's stepped aside and awoken us. Now let's continue to do what is right as of this moment to advance our goals - vote the only Liberty candidate left in this race - Gary Johnson. A write in for Ron Paul will not protect the Constitution.

We need to give Gary our all for the next 3 months - ALL OUT!

If we get him to 15%, they MUST have him on the debate stage with Obama and Romney. This is more than we have ever achieved! This will be on live TV around the world! It's time to take a stand. A vote for Gary is a vote to get Ron Paul a position in a Libertarian cabinet.

Gary Johnson. 3 months. Let's do it.

Brian4Liberty
08-30-2012, 07:58 PM

I tend to agree. I have written in Ron Paul's name before, but in general, I prefer to vote for someone on the ballot so it will get counted. IIRC, voting third Party also helps the third Party with future ballot access.

As far as "switching over" Facebook or Meet-up groups, IMHO, the best way to do that is to create new groups and add (move over or invite) the members that want to be included in the new groups.

TheTexan
08-30-2012, 08:10 PM
You can't be a "Defender of Liberty" when you don't believe ending the fed will do any good. Yes, yes, he'd "sign it if it were given to him," but he supports neither the gold standard, nor competing currencies. Well, he "supports" it, in that if you ask him if he "supports" it, he'll say yes in his usual pandering fashion, but he has made it clear that he neither understands these issues nor does he believe these are important to freedom.

Tell him to go read a book and come back later.

Voting for him to send a message that you don't like the two party system is all fine and dandy... but he is not a "defender of liberty"

TheTexan
08-30-2012, 08:13 PM

The least worst man on the ballet. Just keep that in mind. GJ is a lesser of three evils.

Not saying you shouldn't vote for the lesser of three evils... just keeping it real.

Nathan Hale
08-31-2012, 09:01 AM
The least worst man on the ballet. Just keep that in mind. GJ is a lesser of three evils.

Not saying you shouldn't vote for the lesser of three evils... just keeping it real.

Opinions are great. I like horsies.

Nathan Hale
08-31-2012, 09:07 AM
That said, I echo Hardy's sentiments. Gary Johnson is a defender of liberty and belongs in that section of these boards.

HigherVision
09-03-2012, 06:36 AM
I do wish he supported the gold standard and was more versed on Austrian economics as opposed to the Chicago school, but I'm still gonna vote for him. He's not even gonna win so who cares, it's a protest vote.

Sola_Fide
09-03-2012, 07:57 AM
I do wish he supported the gold standard and was more versed on Austrian economics as opposed to the Chicago school, but I'm still gonna vote for him. He's not even gonna win so who cares, it's a protest vote.

Yeah, but protest votes should still be meaningful. Should I feel right voting for someone who doesn't understand libertarianism, yet is trying to wear the liberty label? I don't know. I could just as well "protest" by voting for Goode or not voting at all.

misean
09-03-2012, 08:38 AM

I'm against a gold standard. So is Ron Paul. A lot of Austrians think a gold standard is rather bad idea with the amount of debt that we have.