PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney: "I insisted on having almost dictatorial powers."

Lucille
08-30-2012, 05:01 PM
No doubt. We've seen that this week at the RomNeyCoronation, and how.

I shudder to think what sort of dictatorial powers this one will claim for the executive branch. Obama's assassinating American citizens overseas. If Romney wins, he'll probably be the first to assassinate an American citizen on America soil, and then brag about it while Boobus cheers.

Romney was unquestionably the decider at Bain. "I insisted on having almost dictatorial powers," he bragged years after the Ampad deal. Over the years, colleagues would anonymously whisper stories about Mitt the Boss to the press, describing him as cunning, manipulative and a little bit nuts, with "an ability to identify people's insecurities and exploit them for his own benefit."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829#ixzz254TPMWOd

Great piece. Check it out.

Of course, the "TBTF" banks will still have the keys to the US Treasury, and the Fed doing the Bankstas' bidding under Romney's regime, just like under Obama's. Whoever loses, the Bank Party wins.

angelatc
08-30-2012, 05:32 PM
And don't forget the terrorists! We're skeered of them, too!

CaptainAmerica
08-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Romney is a far greater danger than Obama for a few simple reasons:
1.the next president has to appear strong with the military as a "leader"
2.Romney does not care about the value of life as he has shown his flip flops on serious issues
and actually said he was okay with putting a "bullet in osama bin ladens head"
3. Romney is a populist
4.Romney wants to expand the military(triple the size)
5. Romney is fine with assassinating citizens and using NDAA

PierzStyx
08-30-2012, 05:38 PM
2.Romney does not care about the value of life as he has shown his flip flops on serious issues
3. Romney is a populist

And that si different from Obama HOW exactly?

parocks
08-30-2012, 05:40 PM
No doubt. We've seen that this week at the RomNeyC coronation, and how.

I shudder to think what sort of dictatorial powers this one will claim for the executive branch. Obama's assassinating American citizens overseas. If Romney wins, he'll probably be the first to assassinate an American citizen on America soil, and then brag about it while Boobus cheers.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829#ixzz254TPMWOd

Of course, the "TBTF" banks will still have the keys to the US Treasury, and the Fed doing the Bankstas' bidding under Romney's regime, just like under Obama's. Whoever loses, the Bank Party wins.

Typical politician, I think the medical term is Sociopath.

parocks
08-30-2012, 05:41 PM
3. Romney is a populist

Do you know what the word "populist" means?

tttppp
08-30-2012, 05:44 PM
No doubt. We've seen that this week at the RomNeyC coronation, and how.

There's nothing wrong with having one person in charge. You don't need hundreds of people second guessing each other and getting in each others way to run an organization. In this particular case, Romney was running a business. Businesses are not dumb enough to create a legislative branch to screw things up. I don't know why everytime someone is in complete control of something, they automatically think he is Hitler.

NIU Students for Liberty
08-30-2012, 05:45 PM
As if he didn't already have enough problems with his past at Bain...

devil21
08-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Oooh that's sweet. Bookmarked.

NIU Students for Liberty
08-30-2012, 05:48 PM
3. Romney is a populist

Criticize Romney all you want (and I'd go along with the majority of those criticisms) but he does not fit the mold of a populist. Populists go against the elite/establishment (or at least they claim to).

affa
08-30-2012, 06:07 PM
And that si different from Obama HOW exactly?

The core of the Republican base still are vocal proponents of preemptive war. The Democratic base, while far more silent these days, is still basically anti-war. While I believe both to be essentially the same party, at least with Democrats in office they have to listen to their base to some degree and can't be all out warmongers (just closet warmongers).

HOLLYWOOD
08-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Doug Weade: "GOP Inner Circle, It's 10 Fat Men that call all the shots..."