PDA

View Full Version : Does Campaign for Liberty still ...

FriedChicken
08-30-2012, 03:50 PM
. [suck]

I'm not trying to be overly negative but after 2008 my heart was filled with joy when Campaign for Liberty started - I thought it would be a continuation of everything else.

As an activist I felt the only need they had for me was to be a donor - my pockets are not very deep. I also felt like it was just a glorified mailing list - that the paid staff got to do all the fun stuff and I was just someone to help them get funds or occasionally sign a petition and pass it on.
A few times I got fired up about some projects (that I came up with) and tried to speak to C4L leaders about it and most times I never even got a reply and I never got help.

Right now a lot of local RPers are on facebook organizing and stuff - none of them connected with C4L. What is C4L doing lately? Has it gotten any better? Do you think that they will be more activist friendly in the coming years?

I'm looking for a place to use up my "liberty energy" and trying to decide if I should invest in C4L again or not.

DISCLAIMER:
I'm honestly not bashing C4L, I'm just offering my assessment and hoping some here have stayed in the the group and can offer me theirs [assessment].
If its a usable tool, then I'm all in. If not that we'll just stick with what we've already got going on.

sailingaway
08-30-2012, 03:57 PM
It was great organizing opposition to the TARP votes, giving us a communication pathway to Ron, and pushing audit the fed. during the campaign it did brief 'return from the dead' turns on opposing NDAA and HR347, alerted us when votes were coming up before anyone else did.

I'm hoping now Ron will in January be leaving Congress he will become the solid head of it rather than just a more distant 'honorary' function. I'd love it if things on there and from there sounded remotely like they came from him.

Matt Collins
08-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Like any organization, it is what you make of it. Do you have an active state or local chapter?

If not, start one.

tony m
08-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Like any organization, it is what you make of it. Do you have an active state or local chapter?

If not, start one.

Concur.

That was the problem, the county, regional, and state coordinators.

angelatc
08-30-2012, 04:37 PM
I won't go through my personal repeated attempts to work with the C4L, but at this juncture I will not working for anything they support as long as Benton is on their payroll.

He owes Deb an apology, if not more.

ninepointfive
08-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah, probably

FriedChicken
08-30-2012, 08:32 PM
My post was definitely not as eloquent as I intended - my apologies. I re-read and I think its offensive with the cliche "no offense" feel to it.

Anyway, I really appreciate the education value to C4L. The news alerts, petitions, etc.
But, as just a regular joe that wasn't in a higher position in the org it didn't really do much outside of the informing service.

If Ron Paul was the leader of it that would be awesome - for one thing it would draw everyone to one place rather than be splintered all over facebook, meetup, etc.
Guess we'll see what happens.

MozoVote
08-30-2012, 08:35 PM
I think its a stumbling block for CFL to be "non partisan" because it that prevents the real GOP tree-shakers from working in it. Staying in CFL means only doing "issue oriented" publicity.

truthspeaker
08-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Aw man, in Texas, the Campaign for Liberty is the fastest growing political organization on college campuses. They rock. I also saw them at my state's convention.

muzzled dogg
08-30-2012, 08:48 PM
They burned me for ten bucks. I was promised the list of every member in my congressional district by the interim (he's been interim since 2008) state coordinator. Ultimately didn't get a thing, complained, no I just get phone called from Ron rand hawes Tate etx begging for money. I've been to one candidates training it was a complete waste of time. I'm hoping my experiences were specific to this state but judging from this cast of characters I suspect the whole organization continues to as you as, suck

tony m
08-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Aw man, in Texas, the Campaign for Liberty is the fastest growing political organization on college campuses. They rock. I also saw them at my state's convention.

I wish we had that in my neck of the woods. Here, the C4L is a ghost.

The Gold Standard
08-30-2012, 09:01 PM
C4L took anything remotely anti-war off of their website, so you can see which direction they are going. They are finished. You would be better off finding local liberty candidates (real ones) to support or run for office yourself.

Matt Collins
08-30-2012, 10:31 PM
C4L took anything remotely anti-war off of their website, No they didn't: http://www.campaignforliberty.org/about

Keith and stuff
08-30-2012, 10:34 PM
I like C4L. After all, it is in my sig :toady:

BTW, I am not anti war. I am pro peace.

Suzu
08-30-2012, 10:58 PM
If you don't appreciate C4L, you never used any of its wonderful tools nor took any of the training sessions. These are golden.