PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul unusual, unfavorable

American
11-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Its your usual lack of any real attempt to get "it" right, could we get some decent comments over here please. Then we can move it to the bad reporting forum.

Thanks

The 2008 presidential field is rife with unconventional candidates, but one of the strangest has to be Dr. Ron Paul, the Texas representative running on a platform of limiting government, as well as his unique status as a Republican contender who voted against the war in Iraq.

One of the most difficult things to understand about Paul though is his rabid base of supporters, many of whom may vote for the first time next November, and are well represented here on campus. It raises the question of whether they truly understand what the man advocates, or have simply fallen prey to his shrewd marketing of choice issues.

Granted, Paul has some respectable credentials. He was a flight surgeon for the Air Force in the 1960s, though he never served in Vietnam, a conflict he now considers "totally unnecessary" and "illegal," the New York Times reports.

http://media.www.mtsusidelines.com/media/storage/paper202/news/2007/11/19/Opinions/Ron-Paul.Unusual.Unfavorable-3108864.shtml

0zzy
11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
I give up, especially on college newspapers. Who reads those? :]

jashepard
11-18-2007, 10:31 PM
pure ignorance

American
11-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I hit the google search for news everyday and normally there are allof of comments.

Remember, "Google Ron Paul" got to keep them on there toes.

NewEnd
11-18-2007, 10:35 PM
if he is widespread on campus.. moouth to mouth advertisement is best, and its already spreading. the paper is helpless.

Nathan Hale
11-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Ooooohhhh, some guy at college in Tennessee of all places thinks that Ron Paul is weird. What's funniest is that the article is totally ignorant of Paul's platform as he is misrepresented numerous times in order to set up a straw man.

But hey, that dude spent a lot of time thinking about and writing about Ron Paul. No doubt he informed quite a few people that Ron Paul was out there. We can trust at least some of them to see through the author's charged wording and actually investigate Paul. So this guy's doing us a service. We should thank him.

kylejack
11-18-2007, 10:43 PM
I read the URL, realized it was a university newspaper, and moved on to the next thread.

VRP08
11-18-2007, 10:45 PM
I don't think they understand what RP stands for. They can't help it, they are ignorant. http://www.smileygenerator.us/community/searchsmiley/y/yercrazy.gif

NewEnd
11-18-2007, 10:47 PM
There was a time we were but an old VW bug... and every single little bump rattled our bolts.

Now we are a runaway freight train, and these little students with their delusions of power are mere pennies on the rail.

Chooo Choooo!!!

me3
11-18-2007, 10:54 PM
There is a bad reporting section of the forum. Please use it and save the grassroots discussions.