PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rad while Saving Boobs -- a tale of cops gone wild and Oregon gun law

affa
08-30-2012, 01:04 AM
The Burnside Bridge in Portland, OR got shut down tonight with massive police response because of scary looking men in military uniforms carrying assault rifles.

Well, sort of. If by scary looking you mean bearded men. If by military uniforms you mean camo pants and band t-shirts. If by 'assault rifle' you mean, well, i'm not sure, but most likely not an assault rifle.

http://media.katu.com/images/beards660.jpg

Oh, and they were doing a photo shoot to raise awareness for breast cancer. Which I guess they have accomplished in spades.

also of note -- Oregon has open carry law. Portland has some extra codes that basically translate to open carry of an unloaded weapon, unless you have a concealed license, in which case you can open carry loaded.

Most epic are some of the quotes from this article:
"We were just a bunch of dudes walking across the bridge wearing camo getting rad."

"We didn't mean to shake up the community or shut down the Burnside Bridge," said Matthew Jenkins. "Just trying to save boobs, you know?"

I love Portland.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Police-shut-down-Burnside-Bridge-while-officers-search-for-armed-man-167938845.html

affa
08-30-2012, 01:16 AM
//

Anti Federalist
08-30-2012, 11:35 AM
See Something Say Something.

Just another day in the PanOpticon.

All this shit started because one person freaked out and called cops who, in turn, do what they do best, freak out and hut hut about.

affa
08-30-2012, 01:37 PM
See Something Say Something.

Just another day in the PanOpticon.

All this shit started because one person freaked out and called cops who, in turn, do what they do best, freak out and hut hut about.

i'm surprised nobody got shot, given the Portland police's track record. I mean, I love this city, and there's a ton of peace loving hippies here, but the cops have some of the itchiest trigger fingers around for some reason.

Anti Federalist
08-30-2012, 01:39 PM
i'm surprised nobody got shot, given the Portland police's track record. I mean, I love this city, and there's a ton of peace loving hippies here, but the cops have some of the itchiest trigger fingers around for some reason.

And if they had, "policy" would have been followed.