PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court Justices

afwjam
08-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Arguing with some folks on another forum about November. Most of their arguments were worthless, however one guy brought up the supreme court justices. I guess 3 or 4 of them are old and expected to be leaving during the next presidential term. Is this enough of a reason to vote Romney? It would suck if we ended up stuck with a liberal supreme court for the next 20 years.

low preference guy
08-29-2012, 10:32 PM
if they sat the maine delegation, maybe. they didn't.

afwjam
08-29-2012, 10:34 PM
if they sat the maine delegation, maybe. they didn't.
Thats pretty much the way I feel. However I just wanted to pose the question and see what people thought about it. It seems like having a more conservative supreme court is pretty important given the length of time they serve.

RonPaulMall
08-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Thats pretty much the way I feel. However I just wanted to pose the question and see what people thought about it. It seems like having a more conservative supreme court is pretty important given the length of time they serve.

I'd make the argument from irrelevancy. If, 20 years from now we are still all under the tyranny of the Federal Government, then does it really matter who is sitting on the Supreme Court? Time is on the left's side. The demographic realities of America mean all they need to do is sit back and wait. Every second your conservative friend spends sweating the details of the composition of the Federal Government, and not fighting the Federal Government itself, is a second wasted. Tell him we don't have 20 years. If we don't neuter the Federal Monster within the next decade, we are all toast.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 11:05 PM
You mean Republican appointed "conservative" judges?

Like Roberts?

The SCROTUS boogie man doesn't scare me any more.

They all will rule to take your freedom away, just in different ways.

robskicks
08-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Wake UP AND SMELL THE FUCKING COFFEE

MITT ROMNEY IS NOT CONSERVATIVE he's just as liberal as OBAMA.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS ?

Mini-Me
08-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Mitt Romney, defender of the NDAA and Presidential authority to kill anyone on suspicion, is going to appoint a justice who cares about the Constitution? That's a laugh.

dskalkowski
08-29-2012, 11:48 PM
We really need more Anthony Kennedy's on the Court. I feel like a lot of people on this forum talk the talk in terms of saying they will not vote Romney in November, but when the pressure is on in the voting booth. Well. We just may never know :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 11:54 PM
We really need more Anthony Kennedy's on the Court. I feel like a lot of people on this forum talk the talk in terms of saying they will not vote Romney in November, but when the pressure is on in the voting booth. Well. We just may never know :rolleyes:

Oh, count on it.

It's pretty clear who the wobblies are. LOL

donnay
08-29-2012, 11:55 PM

I will vote one more time, and that vote will be, No One But Paul! I will open the curtain, dust myself off and move on--never to look back and say, "I should of voted for the lesser of two evils." Which would only make me part of the problem, and not part of the solution.

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Romney has an abysmally liberal judicial appointments record.

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 11:56 PM
I will vote one more time, and that vote will be, No One But Paul! I will open the curtain, dust myself off and move on--never to look back and say, "I should of voted for the lesser of two evils." Which would only make me part of the problem, and not part of the solution.I see no reason I can't keep voting for Ron Paul until a candidate I can actually feel good about voting for is on the ballot.

The Free Hornet
08-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Arguing with some folks on another forum about November. Most of their arguments were worthless, however one guy brought up the supreme court justices. I guess 3 or 4 of them are old and expected to be leaving during the next presidential term. Is this enough of a reason to vote Romney? It would suck if we ended up stuck with a liberal supreme court for the next 20 years.

Neither Obama's nor Romney's appointments will hold up individual liberties. There might be a difference where one favors unions and group-oriented rights and the other favors mega corporations and policing powers. SCOTUS is statist and it has been for decades. They are easily swayed or cowered by whomever is in power. I don't think it matters.

donnay
08-30-2012, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-olNr4UuVqY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-olNr4UuVqY

The best speech ever!!

afwjam
08-30-2012, 12:15 AM
ok guys calm down, it was just a question. I am just as burned as you all. I agree with those that say Romney will appoint liberal justices just like Obama. That has been my argument against Romney on everything, just as liberal as Obama.

Occam's Banana
08-30-2012, 12:30 AM
You mean Republican appointed "conservative" judges?

Like Roberts?

The SCROTUS boogie man doesn't scare me any more.

They all will rule to take your freedom away, just in different ways.

THIS ^^^.

At one time, Clarence Thomas was the only remaining SCOTUS "justice" (HA!!) for whom I had any shred of respect.

It only took a couple of news stories posted on RPFs by AF to finally obliterate the last tattered remains of that respect.

SCOTUS is nothing more than the most-ballyhooed rubber stamp for federal tyranny.