PDA

View Full Version : ATF newest Fed agency granted the power to seize your cash.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 04:44 PM
This ain't freedom...

And then they cry "crocodile tears" when some person, pushed to the edge, shoots them in the face.

Yet another agency gets authority to seize cash that might have something to do with drugs.

On August 28, 2012

By: Scott Alexander Meiner

http://forfeiturereform.com/2012/08/28/yet-another-agency-gets-authority-to-seize-cash-that-might-have-something-to-do-with-drugs/

Attorney General Eric Holder has granted the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) authority, for a one-year trial period, to seize and administratively forfeit property allegedly involved in controlled substance offenses pursuant to United States Code Title 21 › Chapter 13 › Subchapter I › Part E › § 881.

21 U.S.C. § 881 is, among other things, often invoked to seize and forfeit bulk currency, where no drugs are found, on theories that the currency was furnished, or intended to be furnished, in exchange for a controlled substance.

AG Holder’s rulemaking announcement declared that such changes are exempt from the general notice and comment requirements because the department determined that the change does not affect individual rights and obligations.

AG Holder also declared that this rule change lacks sufficient federalism implications to warrant the preparation of a federalism summary impact statement.

Indy Vidual
08-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Forfeiting property allegedly involved in controlled substance offenses is a HUGE source of income for many agencies, at all levels of Gov.
Many of "us" probably don't know how big the numbers are; I saw an article once documenting the stunning growth in value of property seizures.

If the change does not affect individual rights and obligations, then what could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 04:59 PM
Christ! Even if ya had the Ducats, if ya flipped the right switch, you can be poorer than a college student on Ramen.

TheTexan
08-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Christ! Even if ya had the Ducats, if ya flipped the right switch, you can be poorer than a college student on Ramen.

The income tax says that our earnings aren't really ours to begin with, and shit like this just confirms it.

The New American Dream: make an honest living, only to have a man with a badge steal it from you.

(This practice in the times of old used to be called 'slavery.' Fun fact of the day.)

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 05:13 PM
The income tax says that our earnings aren't really ours to begin with, and shit like this just confirms it.

The New American Dream: make an honest living, only to have a man with a badge steal it from you.

(This practice in the times of old used to be called 'slavery.' Fun fact of the day.)

Our income is not our own.

Our property is not our own.

Our personal space is not our own.

Yes, we are enslaved, just as surely as if they were iron shackles.

Yieu
08-29-2012, 05:21 PM

In order for them to think they own those things, they would have to consider themselves to be the Lord, for they are acting as if they are the ultimate proprietor.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 05:23 PM
In order for them to think they own those things, they would have to consider themselves to be the Lord, for they are acting as if they are the ultimate proprietor.

Yes, yes they are, and they think that they are, and that is why we're in the jam we are in.

Indy Vidual
08-29-2012, 05:27 PM

No, there is a real difference. May you never have to personally experience it.

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 05:29 PM

Yes, we are. I had a liberal try to excoriate me by calling me a "Jeremiah Johnson." I told her the 'character' Jeremiah was a compassionate individual that was only fucked after the government pressed him into service.
The is a show called 'Mountain Men." On it is an individual named Euastice that has 1k acres in the mountains of N.C. He would be happy living there on his own but he is forced to hold 'survival schools' and cut fire wood to pay the property taxes.
"Land of the Free" my ass.

roho76
08-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Every dollar in existence has probably been used in at least one drug deal. This is horseshit.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 05:56 PM
No, there is a real difference. May you never have to personally experience it.

Meh...I've been locked down and handcuffed.

mrsat_98
08-29-2012, 07:03 PM
?????????

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 07:34 PM
The only valour I find these days are in the archetypal heroes of legend and fantasy.
The only thing that is feared....

Éowyn - "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire."

What do you suppose the wording means? If one is 'using' the bars what is it they are using it for? And how long before 'using' the bars before one accepts them before they are too weak to throw those bars open?

Pericles
08-29-2012, 09:39 PM
LTC Cooper was 100% on target about the BATmen.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Every dollar in existence has probably been used in at least one drug deal. This is horseshit.

90 percent of U.S. bills carry traces of cocaine

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-08-14/health/cocaine.traces.money_1_cocaine-dollar-bills-paper-bills?_s=PM:HEALTH

So, as soon as Fritz the drug dog wags his tail, your cash is gone.

Kylie
08-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Well the jokes on them. I have no money, so you can suck it Mr. ATF man.

Nothing from nothing is nothing motherfuckers. But you'll learn that lesson too one of these days. One day, I'll be your master again. And youn's sure won't like those chain that are placed upon you. At this point, I see no way a good moral person can stay in this type of profession. It is known that all they do is torment people and confiscate their shit. They are modern day robber barons.

Weston White
08-30-2012, 12:18 AM
So what is the distinction here? Is it, whereas, before it actually “had to be” and now it only need “possibly or potentially be”? If so the felon and seditionist Eric Holder has far exceeded the scope of his official authority by using regulations to rewrite the very statutes providing his office its authority to act and take action. Congress needs to call him on this -yet again.

See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/21/881

donnay
08-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Why isn't Eric Holder behind bars?

jbauer
08-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Now you just have to wonder what they consider controled substances. Say the outlaw growing a garden, is that a controled substance? Or more in line with RPF's say you had a gallon of raw milk?

Elwar
08-30-2012, 10:34 AM
So, most drug transactions are starting to switch over to Bitcoins and now people with dollars are getting their money taken away.

The government is doing more to support Bitcoin than anyone out there.

Just try to steal my encrypted wallet.