PDA

View Full Version : EVERYTHING you do that is on record will haunt you the rest of your days.

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 11:27 AM
A 68-year-old bank employee fired for 'stealing' TEN CENTS from a laundromat when he was a TEENAGER

A man was fired from his job at a Wells Fargo bank because of a teenage stunt he pulled nearly a half-century ago.
Richard Eggers was fired because, when he was 19-years-old, he used a cardboard nickel to try and fleece a laundromat of ten cents.
Now, the 68-year-old is looking for a new job and is ready to take Wells Fargo to court over his dismissal.

Out because of a stunt: Richard Eggers, 68, was fired from his bank job of seven years because of a failed prank when he was 19 years old and tried to get a free load of laundry
The reason why the bank had grounds to fire Mr Eggers is because the sheriff caught him back in 1963 when he was trying to use the fake coin to get a free load of laundry and charged the teen with fraud.
In compliance with a new federal law that forbids insured depository institutions, like Wells Fargo, from hiring people with criminal histories, the Des Moines branch of the company ran all of their employees fingerprints and background checks.
It was then that Mr Eggers' dirty past came back to haunt him.
'I figured my record was squeaky clean,' he told the local ABC affiliate.

Letter of the law: In compliance of a federal law that prevents insured banks from hiring people with theft or fraud arrests, Wells Fargo is issuing background checks that have resulted in thousands of firings
'It was a stupid stunt, I'm not proud of it, but I don't think that it warrants a termination almost a half a century later.'
(Doom on you, Richard. p4p)

Another story: The same thing happened in May to Yolanda Quesada, 58, from Milwaukee who shoplifted clothes from a department store as a teenager.
Mr Eggers, who worked at the bank for seven years before his dismissal, is just one of thousands who have been fired from the company under the implementation of this law.

The same thing happened in May to Yolanda Quesada, 58, from Milwaukee who shoplifted clothes from a department store as a teenager.
At the time of the conviction she paid her required $50 fine, but when her Wells Fargo Home Mortgage branch did a background check, she was fired over the incident.
'I think there's more important things in life than something that I did 40 years ago,' she told local ABC affiliate KLTV.
'I changed my life. I went to school. I went to college. I didn't graduate but I did go and try to be a good person,' she told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
(Doom on you, Yolando. p4p)

In reference to her case, a Wells Fargo representative would only say that she was not fired for her performance.
When it comes back to Mr Eggers, the company spokesman said that they have to comply with federal regulations, which were put into place in an effort to protect customers from possible fraud or identity theft.
'We don't have discretion to grant exceptions in situations like this,' Angela Kaipust told ABC.
'Once we find out someone has a criminal history of dishonesty or breach of trust we can no longer employ them.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2195061/Richard-Eggers-68-fired-Wells-Fargo-bank-stealing-TEN-CENTS-TEENAGER.html#ixzz24xNxXLkb

Romulus
08-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Your police record is your permanent record. And employers have access to it. Shame.

Boycott the big banks, period.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 11:46 AM
And when we have the largest convict population on earth, and none of them can ever work again, what happens next?

Just another day in police state Amerika.

"But, but, but...I had nothing to hide!"

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 11:48 AM
(Doom on you, Yolando. p4p)

Indeed, Doom on us all my brother, doom on us all.

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 11:48 AM
And when we have the largest convict population on earth, and none of them can ever work again, what happens next?

An entire populace of the 'unclean' of 'undesirables.'

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Your police record is your permanent record. And employers have access to it. Shame.

Boycott the big banks, period.

And there are plenty of people here that will argue that any "private" business that employs you has the right to snoop around in anything they want regarding your life, past or lifestyle, and blackball you from employment anywhere, forever, whenever they feel like it.

Romulus
08-29-2012, 11:53 AM
You're HIRED! Now we just need your Facebook password, mk, thanks.

The Goat
08-29-2012, 11:53 AM
I Love being self employed. Live free or die!

better-dead-than-fed
08-29-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm inclined to suggest that freedom-of-speech* is more important than anyone's interest in privacy.

* (and that includes people saying things about what you did when you were twelve, even though you wish they
wouldn't bring those things up)

(edited to delete other dumb thing i wrote)

oyarde
08-29-2012, 12:00 PM
An entire populace of the 'unclean' of 'undesirables.'My Grandmother warned me of this ...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Interesting. I went to try to have my record expunged several years ago and they could hardly find any of it. No crimes against people or property... just "crimes against the state."

In compliance with a new federal law that forbids insured depository institutions, like Wells Fargo, from hiring people with criminal histories

hahahahaha. They're so funny.

The Goat
08-29-2012, 12:05 PM

Say the undesirables are the problem and Start piling up the skulls.

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 12:12 PM
(edited to delete other dumb thing i wrote)

Yeah, I was just gonna comment on that. :p

cjm
08-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Letter of the law: In compliance of a federal law that prevents insured banks from hiring people with theft or fraud arrests, Wells Fargo is issuing background checks that have resulted in thousands of firings

Arrests?? not convictions? Heck, anyone can be arrested.

youngbuck
08-29-2012, 12:53 PM
I wonder when all of our posts on this forum will come to haunt us.

Elwar
08-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Everything you say on the Internet will haunt you as well.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 01:54 PM
I wonder when all of our posts on this forum will come to haunt us.

Give it time...

Still takes a little effort to track us down here, the system has all it can handle just combing FraudBook where people willingly vomit up everything they've ever done.

But it won't be long before people start getting hauled off for political postings on boards like this.

Romulus
08-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Once they get the servers fired up at the new NSA spy lab they should be up and tracking live in no time.

To that I say: COW HUMPING DONKEY SHIT TURTLE SOUP

That can go in my permanent file.

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Once they get the servers fired up at the new NSA spy lab they should be up and tracking live in no time.

To that I say: COW HUMPING DONKEY SHIT TURTLE SOUP

That can go in my permanent file.

Lol! Yer killin' me!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Romulus again.

asurfaholic
08-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Arrests?? not convictions? Heck, anyone can be arrested.

This

I was accused of something by a neighbor who was engaged with a dispute with my wife. She took it upon herself to go to magistrate and make 2 completely untrue accusations. I was arrested on 2 counts of indecent exposure. It was immediately thrown out in court, but it has still taken its toll on my otherwise squeaky clean record.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 02:53 PM
This

I was accused of something by a neighbor who was engaged with a dispute with my wife. She took it upon herself to go to magistrate and make 2 completely untrue accusations. I was arrested on 2 counts of indecent exposure. It was immediately thrown out in court, but it has still taken its toll on my otherwise squeaky clean record.

Give it time...

You'll be on a sex offender registry before much longer.

RickyJ
08-29-2012, 02:56 PM
This is what makes people lose it and start shooting. If the right ones got shot, they would deserve it.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 02:57 PM
I Love being self employed. Live free or die!

Give it time...

This is not a permanent fix, just like "not flying" is a fix for TSA abuse.

You will be required to report on yourself, as a self employed person, just like farmers, ranchers, truckers and commercial fishermen are now.

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Give it time.

You will be required to report on yourself, as a self employed person, just like farmers, ranchers, truckers and commercial fishermen are now.

Even if all you do is beg money from a road side.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Even if all you do is beg money from a road side.

Begging will be prohibited comrade.

In our brave new world, everybody will be employed.

Mandatory treatment and committal will take of any refuseniks, that perhaps, do not like their employment assignment.

Aratus
08-29-2012, 03:06 PM
wells fargo tries to hire people who are 100% honest
even though 99.5% of the public has cheated on their
tax forms at least once. i feel sorry for the poor guy...

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 03:11 PM
wells fargo tries to hire people who are 100% honest
even though 99.5% of the public has cheated on their
tax forms at least once. i feel sorry for the poor guy...

You cheated on your tax forms, comrade?

mad cow
08-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Give it time...

??

I have never met a commercial fisherman with a college degree,I know plenty,including captains,who have been in prison.
I would assume a majority have been in jail a time or two,judging from the ones i've known over the last 40 years,myself included.

DamianTV
08-29-2012, 04:18 PM

Oh you like Pepsi? You are now the Enemy of Coca-Cola.

You will ALWAYS be Someones Enemy, and not all of the things that you do to make yourself Someones Enemy are necessarily Criminal, Political, or Religious.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 05:18 PM
??

I have never met a commercial fisherman with a college degree,I know plenty,including captains,who have been in prison.
I would assume a majority have been in jail a time or two,judging from the ones i've known over the last 40 years,myself included.

I was making a reference to "reporting on yourself", not specifically with criminal records.

NMFS "Observer" programs, for instance.

Truckers have to do the same thing, keep files and logs on themselves.

Give it time...

I have it on good authority that USCG will start pushing for licensing of all commercial fishing vessel operators within the next five years.

A criminal record will prevent you from obtaining that license.

DamianTV
08-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Criminal Records prevent people from getting ANY jobs what so ever, and considering we are all criminals now, its a wonder why unemployment is at or above 30%.

mad cow
08-29-2012, 06:06 PM
I was required to get a license in '95,after I had already been a captain for over 16 years.I had to renew it every three years and I still have a valid one.

There has never been a test,I think they realize we're too dumb for that,just two passport photos and a signature,not even any fee.

What it did mean,and what was stated right there on the one page form,was that if I ever lost my license,I could never work on another federally regulated fishing boat in any capacity,even as a deckhand,packing out,welder,mending nets...

There would be no US fishing industry if anyone with an arrest record couldn't work and they know that.Perhaps we will see an influx of ex-bankers down at the docks.