PDA

View Full Version : Will Rand Paul become a whistle blower tonight?

randpaul2016
08-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Probably wont happened because it will end his political career, but how awesome would that be...if the entire speech he just explains from start to finish how his father was cheated.

rp08orbust
08-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Probably wont happened because it will end his political career, but how awesome would that be...if the entire speech he just explains from start to finish how his father was cheated.

It's not going to happen, because apparently he believes the opposite: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?387941-Strange-comments-from-Rand-Paul-to-Iowa-delegates&p=4612287#post4612287

The Gold Standard
08-29-2012, 10:33 AM
He will not mention his father's name tonight.

kahless
I was hoping for that to. I do not think it would end his political career. If he decided to walk out with all the delegates the media would be all over it. That would be the opportunity to announce a 3rd party run. Rand Paul/Ron Paul, Rand Paul/GJ, Ron Paul/GJ, one of those.

erowe1
"Whistleblower" implies that you're saying something that isn't already public knowledge.

What the GOP did this year is what the GOP does. Pointing it out would be like accusing a dog of barking.

MozoVote
08-29-2012, 10:37 AM
If he decided to walk out with all the delegates the media would be all over it. That would be the opportunity to announce a 3rd party run. Rand Paul/Ron Paul, Rand Paul/GJ, Ron Paul/GJ, one of those.
Nah. You'd have thought yesterday that news organizations, or the "left leaning" media would have made hay of the rules fight yesterday. But they're more interested in collecting revenue from policial advertising. Note how willing they were to selectively use room mics, and generally shorten the controversey. If Paul Jr walked out, the cameras would pan to Mitt signs and dancing in the aisles again, talking heads taking up time, etc.

Cody1
08-29-2012, 10:43 AM
The most controversial thing that Rand will talk about I think is that Defense isn't a sacred cow. Other than that "rah rah rah"...

I understand though. He's his own man and doing what he thinks is best.

CPUd
08-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Most of it will be in line with mitt talking points- I think the only thing he will be speaking on that he had input in is about defense spending. Maybe he will say Audit the Pentagon, but I'm not expecting it.

MozoVote
08-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Remember, the RNC vetted any speech taking place. Rand *will* have to trim his sails

nobody's_hero
08-29-2012, 10:50 AM
What time is he supposed to speak?

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:54 AM
well i would say if he doesn't call out the corruption live.Then i doubt i will bother listening, i care less if they cut the mic on him. rand paul won his seat with no help from these liars. If rand paul doesn't call out the liars and cheaters and thieves tonight. i doubt i will ever trust or send money or vote for him. anyone endorsing romney is a sellout to me and will never get my support. rand paul is not even an option for many in colorado unless he calls out the corruption tonight. Rand can stay in kentucky. i will be looking elsewhere in 2016 if we even make it to 2016 as a country. what rand does tonight decides his fate for 2016 for me. I have lil faith he will do the right thing if he endorses obamney!

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Remember, the RNC vetted any speech taking place. Rand *will* have to trim his sails

he can expose the corruption and have his mic cut off. Principles over party after this flatout lying,cheating and stealing yesterday. A Romney Endorsement by rand is party over principle, unacceptable to me. He can do the right thing which is exposing the corrupt rnc/gop and romney campaign. Vote Romney!!!!!!!!!!!!

none of those liars elected rand paul to his senate seat! they all voted against him and they lost to him. Vote Romney!!! puke

randpaul2016
08-29-2012, 11:01 AM
"Whistleblower" implies that you're saying something that isn't already public knowledge.

What the GOP did this year is what the GOP does. Pointing it out would be like accusing a dog of barking.

your saying everyone in the world knows what the rnc has done?

erowe1
08-29-2012, 11:04 AM
your saying everyone in the world knows what the rnc has done?

No. But they're not doing anything different than they've ever done. The reporters who cover them know this. It's not news. Anyone who's involved in the party knows it. Anyone who's not involved doesn't matter.

Ron Paul's efforts this year pale in comparison to how far some previous anti-establishment candidates have gotten in the past before the leadership managed to shut them down. All 3 of Robert Taft's attempts, for example.

Josalyn
08-29-2012, 11:45 AM
If he has any honor or integrity in him, he'll speak about it. But seeing how he endorsed Romney, I doubt it. However, I just can't imagine a son sitting back and watching his dad be cheated out of something, so I'm hoping that he says something about it. But if he doesn't, it won't come as a surprise to me.
I figured he didn't care one bit about the way the RNC treated his dad back when he started fanboying for Romney.

BUT! if he does, that will put him in a whole different light for me. If he's been brown nosing his way next to Romney just to be able to get his speaking moment against Romney and the RNC (after Romney flaunted Rand Paul's support around) my respect and love for Rand would probably get so big that I can see myself getting behind him if he ever runs for president. And IF Rand did that and managed to think more like his dad's politics, I could easily see him securing a lot of votes.

But, I doubt he'll say anything or do anything about how the RNC and Romney cheating their way in.

Aratus
08-29-2012, 01:57 PM
HE HAS CALLED FOR AN AUDIT OF THE PENTAGON

CaptainAmerica
08-29-2012, 01:58 PM
It's not going to happen, because apparently he believes the opposite: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?387941-Strange-comments-from-Rand-Paul-to-Iowa-delegates&p=4612287#post4612287

Why he continues to say growing the party is important above principles really gets me.

musicmax
08-29-2012, 02:00 PM
HE HAS CALLED FOR AN AUDIT OF THE PENTAGON

"Hey Pentagon, how much you spend?"

"Loads."

"OK thanks. Audit done."

Brett85
08-29-2012, 02:07 PM
I still think the Rand haters are hilarious. If you don't like Rand, which United States Senator is better?

Sola_Fide
08-29-2012, 02:10 PM
If he has any honor or integrity in him, he'll speak about it. But seeing how he endorsed Romney, I doubt it. However, I just can't imagine a son sitting back and watching his dad be cheated out of something, so I'm hoping that he says something about it. But if he doesn't, it won't come as a surprise to me.
I figured he didn't care one bit about the way the RNC treated his dad back when he started fanboying for Romney.

Has it ever crossed your mind that Ron and Rand work together tactic-wise? Or do you think that Ron and Rand are at complete enmity with each other when they get together privately? Just wondering...

Sola_Fide
08-29-2012, 02:11 PM
"Hey Pentagon, how much you spend?"

"Loads."

"OK thanks. Audit done."

Would it be good to have the receipts in the public record?

Josalyn
08-29-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm not a hater. I just don't particularly agree with what he's done. He's one of the more stomach-able senators out there, but that doesn't mean I have to fall in love with all of his political views.

Has it ever crossed your mind that Ron and Rand work together tactic-wise? Or do you think that Ron and Rand are at complete enmity with each other when they get together privately? Just wondering...
Oh, boy. Here it goes.

I think that the two of them disagree with each other on some political topics. I don't think that Rand was thinking of his dad when he backed Romney, no. Of course they love each other, but just because you love/like someone doesn't mean you agree on politics. I think it's clear that there are some differences between them, but that doesn't mean when I talk about it that I'm saying they hate each other. Why don't you grow up some, huh mate?

erowe1
08-29-2012, 04:51 PM
However, I just can't imagine a son sitting back and watching his dad be cheated out of something,

The cheating that mattered happened back in January. Rand was by Ron's side through it all and clearly not happy about it.

But as far as the convention goes, what do you think his dad was cheated out of?

Sola_Fide
08-29-2012, 04:59 PM
I don't think that Rand was thinking of his dad when he backed Romney, no.

Seriously?

misean
08-29-2012, 06:01 PM
I still think the Rand haters are hilarious. If you don't like Rand, which United States Senator is better?

None..... In history. Who's better for liberty in recent memory? Maybe Goldwater and that's if you followed politics when you were in preschool. So maybe 1 in the last 100 years. And that's a maybe.

I really don't think people realize how tough it is to win elections on a state level let alone a national election.

Josalyn
08-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Are you kidding me? The delegates stolen from Paul, them changing rules... THAT'S what I'm talking about. THAT'S how he was cheated out of getting 15 minutes of talking time on national television. If he wasn't happy about it, he shouldn't have backed Romney.

erowe1
08-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Are you kidding me? The delegates stolen from Paul, them changing rules... THAT'S what I'm talking about. THAT'S how he was cheated out of getting 15 minutes of talking time on national television. If he wasn't happy about it, he shouldn't have backed Romney.

Do you think Ron wanted that 15 minutes of speaking time?

I agree that if he did, then Rand shouldn't have backed Romney, which Rand would have known. But he gave us no reason to think he did, and plenty of reasons to think he didn't. And if he didn't want it, it doesn't make much sense to say he was cheated out of it.

Occam's Banana
08-29-2012, 07:36 PM

Not very awesome at all, if it would end his political career.

I care one hell of a lot more about how Rand votes in the Senate than I do about who he endorses or what he says or what he doesn't say or whichever or whatever.

In history. Who's better for liberty in recent memory? Maybe Goldwater and that's if you followed politics when you were in preschool. So maybe 1 in the last 100 years. And that's a maybe.

IMO Rand > Goldwater ... but that's because Goldwater was waaay more hawkish/interventionist than I care for.

Given Rand's short tenure at this point, though, reversing the inequality can certainly be reasonably defended by Goldwaterites.

Matt Collins
08-31-2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMhecMQkU9M&feature=em-share_video_user