PDA

View Full Version : How the Republican party is organized at the local level

Demigod
08-29-2012, 09:59 AM
We are starting up an organisation in my country and we have a meeting soon to decide how we should be organized so I am interested in how the Republican party should work on a local level ( not how it works ) .I tried to look it up but there is almost nothing anywhere.So if anyone has the time to write the entire power structure it would be great.

Joe Jordan
08-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Quick rundown from what I know being involved in Florida:
Each county has a Republican Executive Committee that is made up of elected or appointed Precinct Committeemen and Precinct Committeewomen. Each county (at least in Florida) also selects one State Committeemen and one State Committeewomen to represent the county at the State Party level. The State Party selects one National Committeeman and one National Committeewoman to represent the State's interests at the Republican National Committee. The RNC then gets to change rules at their convention at will to suit the whims of whomever is currently on the committee, hence Ron Paul delegates being disenfranchised and not getting a nomination speech.

Matt Collins
08-29-2012, 05:18 PM
You have to get a hold of your state party bylaws and Constitution + rules. That will tell you what your options are.

Drex
08-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Some 10 counties in Nebraska don't even have a republican party. VERY easy to take it over at the local level and rural counties

danda
08-29-2012, 06:05 PM
wow, how does that work without a party, eg when you go to vote?