PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Vote Gary Johnson and not Obama,Romney or write in Ron Paul

tuggy24g
08-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Just hear me out first

As most of us are pissed or and angry at how the Republicans treated us and Ron Paul. We are all angry at how Ron Paul did not get what he deserves the most and that is a speaking spot at the convention. We are also pissed off at how Romney campaign did voter fraud and delegate disqualification. I know a lot of us are not going to vote Republican again for a long time unless it is someone worthy to fight for.

Now here is what I propose and please hear me out. Ron Paul people have been fight the establishment this whole election cycle. We worked with Ron Paul to show people how bad the Republicans were including Obama. We also helped educate people on what a free market is and sound money is. How we should go back to the gold standard and how we can get gas prices down. We also learned that one man can work hard and actually get an Audit the Fed bill through the white house and even get it voted. The things we worked for and still accomplished a ton!!!

Now what I think we should do is have all Ron Paul supporters vote Gary Johnson. Doing so will show the Republicans that what you did to us this election cycle we will not have. We are pissed off and not going to take it anymore. If we can get Gary Johnson good votes in each state that could (as the Republicans and Democrats say) sway the election then maybe the parties might think twice about pissing us off. The vote will mean something more and anger Republicans and Democrats so much.

Writing in Ron Paul's name is good and all, but the vote will just get thrown away. I understand you want to show a message that Ron Paul is are only choice for president and no one else. I would do the same thing, but why not make a bigger message. Why not go out and vote Johnson and say see guys you f%^& with us and this is what you get. There are states that are trying to get the Libertarian party off the ballot like Pennsylvania. So why not vote for Johnson to show that you are not going to take it away more if the GOP and Dems do not even what him as a choice in November. Also I know some of what Gary Johnson ideas, plains, and basically what he would do as president a lot might not agree with. Still voting for Gary Johnson will have a much bigger impact then ever I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrU6hTWyj6s
hxxp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/18/libertarian-eyes-spoiler-role/
hxxp://elections.firedoglake.com/2012/08/01/how-former-nm-governor-gary-johnson-could-impact-the-election/

Cody1
08-29-2012, 08:56 AM
How about you vote your conscious and i'll vote mine.

Does that tickle your GJ fancy?

Besides, this doesn't belong in grassroots.

coastie
08-29-2012, 08:59 AM
You know, the Daily Paul may be your place for this, as there's a GJ thread every 5 minutes for the last 6 months over there.

NDGirl1959
08-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Now what I think we should do is have all Ron Paul supporters vote Gary Johnson. Doing so will show the Republicans that what you did to us this election cycle we will not have. We are pissed off and not going to take it anymore. If we can get Gary Johnson good votes in each state that could (as the Republicans and Democrats say) sway the election then maybe the parties might think twice about pissing us off. The vote will mean something more and anger Republicans and Democrats so much.

Writing in Ron Paul's name is good and all, but the vote will just get thrown away. I understand you want to show a message that Ron Paul is are only choice for president and no one else. I would do the same thing, but why not make a bigger message. Why not go out and vote Johnson and say see guys you f%^& with us and this is what you get. There are states that are trying to get the Libertarian party off the ballot like Pennsylvania. So why not vote for Johnson to show that you are not going to take it away more if the GOP and Dems do not even what him as a choice in November. Also I know some of what Gary Johnson ideas, plains, and basically what he would do as president a lot might not agree with. Still voting for Gary Johnson will have a much bigger impact then ever I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrU6hTWyj6s
hxxp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/18/libertarian-eyes-spoiler-role/
hxxp://elections.firedoglake.com/2012/08/01/how-former-nm-governor-gary-johnson-could-impact-the-election/

The GOP will only understand the impact Dr. Paul supporters have on this election if we gather forces and 'protest' vote for Gary Johnson! After November we need to regroup and begin to work for our 2016 presidential candidate. I am not sold on Rand at this point in time (sorry Cory C.).

kahless
08-29-2012, 09:04 AM
He almost had me but pro-abortion Johnson is no Ron Paul.

tuggy24g
08-29-2012, 09:06 AM
The GOP will only understand the impact Dr. Paul supporters have on this election if we gather forces and 'protest' vote for Gary Johnson! After November we need to regroup and begin to work for our 2016 presidential candidate. I am not sold on Rand at this point in time (sorry Cory C.).

That is perfectly said!! I know people might disagree, but listen if we work to get a third party candidate a lot of votes in each state then we can show them that we will not take your BS every election cycle. You either work with us or we will work to destroy your chances to win! Kind of like people saying they are going to vote Obama and 4 years of him is better then 8 of Romney. Gary Johnson is more like us then Mitt Bama

mello
08-29-2012, 09:14 AM
I wrote in Ron's name in the previous election (my first time voting ever). I have no problem writing his name in again.

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 09:21 AM
You know, the Daily Paul may be your place for this, as there's a GJ thread every 5 minutes for the last 6 months over there.

and i will be here making sure you have gary banners ifi have to buy them. There will be gary threads here until the gop is held accountable with romney getting crushed! This is a promise to you. Colorado will deliver votes for Gary johnson. romney has already lost swing state colorado! I will do everything in my activism power to make sure romney/rnc and the gop est is exposed to voters!

Luieburger
08-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Gary had my vote as soon as Ron Paul stopped campaigning. Gary needs to get 15% in the polls so that he can be on the stage for the debates. I support him 100%.

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 09:26 AM
I wrote in Ron's name in the previous election (my first time voting ever). I have no problem writing his name in again.

I understand why you would want to write in Ron Paul. If ron paul is not a certified write-in candidate. Then your vote will not be counted unless you happen to live in a state that counts uncertified write-ins. I am not aware of any state that does count uncertified write-ins. Please consider voting for a certified candidate even if it is not gary johnson. I hope this info might get you to consider voting for GJ2012, I would love to see ron paul join GJ ticket. I can dream never say never. bottom line hold the corrupt rnc,romney and gop accountable by voting for a certified candidate not obamney! edit salingaway says 42 states allow write-ins, so do it if you like but 15% can get gary on the debate stage and if ron paul is vp him as well! talk about kick ass for liberty ron and gary on debate stages.

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 09:27 AM
How many vote is a number they have and report.

The total that vote for those on the ballot is also counted. The difference is those who voted in a presidential election yet rejected all the names on the ballot. It is a vote of no confidence imho, and much better reflects my own beliefs.

However in 42 states you can have write in candidates, and I expect to be able to write in Ron Paul as an official candidate in CA and have it count....

All assuming he isn't pissed enough at how even more closed to grass roots candidates the single party system is becoming, to take his $39 million (or whatever it is) in matching funds and run as an independent. Getting in the debates is what matters, in that case, not getting on all of the ballots.

But each of us will vote as they feel most comfortable.

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Gary had my vote as soon as Ron Paul stopped campaigning. Gary needs to get 15% in the polls so that he can be on the stage for the debates. I support him 100%.

now that would truly be a KICK IN THE BALLS to the corrupt rnc/romney and gop. The Liberty Movement would expose obamney live on stage! Imagine ron paul as the vp in the vp debates. NEVER SAY NEVER, Johnson/Paul 2012

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 09:30 AM
How many vote is a number they have and report.

The total that vote for those on the ballot is also counted. The difference is those who voted in a presidential election yet rejected all the names on the ballot. It is a vote of no confidence imho, and much better reflects my own beliefs.

However in 42 states you can have write in candidates, and I expect to be able to write in Ron Paul as an official candidate in CA and have it count....

All assuming he isn't pissed enough at how even more closed to grass roots candidates the single party system is becoming, to take his $39 million (or whatever it is) in matching funds and run as an independent. Getting in the debates is what matters, in that case, not getting on all of the battles.

But each of us will vote as they feel most comfortable.

holds rpf hands and says pray with me, Paul/Johnson or Johnson/Paul never say never:) let me dream!!!!!! I want us to hit the 15% or higher mark and we will have both our candidates on debate stages biden,paul/paul debate. If it could be done legally? hire some lawyers like romney and make it legal:):) Paul/Johnson 2012, gary has said he would do this before:) LET US PRAY. 2016 will be too late!!

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 09:31 AM
I understand why you would want to write in Ron Paul. If ron paul is not a certified write-in candidate. Then your vote will not be counted unless you happen to live in a state that counts uncertified write-ins. I am not aware of any state that does count uncertified write-ins. Please consider voting for a certified candidate even if it is not gary johnson. I hope this info might get you to consider voting for GJ2012, I would love to see ron paul join GJ ticket. I can dream never say never. bottom line hold the corrupt rnc,romney and gop accountable by voting for a certified candidate not obamney!

actually, I think New Hampshire and a number of other states count ALL write ins. Regardless, the difference between those who vote and those who vote for named presidential candidates is a number we can spread around, it isn't as if they report on third party candidates that much.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of voting for Johnson or for anyone else, but for those who WOULD prefer to write in Ron, such as myself, I have to say that I disagree with this reasoning, and think that if you DO bother to vote, the fact that you refused to eat the dog food they gave you would be on record.

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 09:37 AM
That is perfectly said!! I know people might disagree, but listen if we work to get a third party candidate a lot of votes in each state then we can show them that we will not take your BS every election cycle. You either work with us or we will work to destroy your chances to win! Kind of like people saying they are going to vote Obama and 4 years of him is better then 8 of Romney. Gary Johnson is more like us then Mitt Bama

boom goes the dynamite. 15% on the debate stage and if ron paul join the ticket top or bottom. Then we would have 2 candidates on the debate stages imagine gary or ron debating paul ryan,joe biden,obmaney(obama/romney) We need to encourage ron paul to join the ticket and get both of them on the debate stages! That would move the liberty further then writing in ron paul and get 1%-4%. We have a chance to propel a Johnson ticket or a Paul/Johnson ticket, hire lawyers like romney make it legal!

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 09:40 AM
actually, I think New Hampshire and a number of other states count ALL write ins. Regardless, the difference between those who vote and those who vote for named presidential candidates is a number we can spread around, it isn't as if they report on third party candidates that much.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of voting for Johnson or for anyone else, but for those who WOULD prefer to write in Ron, such as myself, I have to say that I disagree with this reasoning, and think that if you DO bother to vote, the fact that you refused to eat the dog food they gave you would be on record.

i adjusted my post above, but can you get 15% write-ins for ron paul? probably not. We have a chance to get on the national debate stage with gary johnson and ron paul if we can get ron paul to join the ticket. I just think the Liberty movement can move forward faster with a vote for Gary Johnson and poll to get him on the debate stage with 15% then writiing in ron paul who will not be on a debate stage unless he joins gary somehow,hire lawyers;) seems to be romney's key;) What will have more impact. i think we all know the answer it is not romney or obama or writing in a candidate that will not be on the debate stage unless he runs indy or joins a ticket.

i want us to have the biggest bang for the buck and our activism! just poll for gary, then do whatever on election day. but i think if we polled to get gary on debate stage. i think i know what we would all do if we got him on the stage!

Red Green
08-29-2012, 09:41 AM
The Mittens campaign has obviously given up on getting the liberty / Tea Party vote. They're hoping at this point you'll do something like sit at home or vote for Gary Johnson or Ron Paul. Honestly, they lose nothing that way because they always figured that as a group we were lost.

If you want to give the Mittens campaign a kick in the balls, AND more importantly keep the slate open in 2016 for an Amash / Paul or Paul / Amash ticket, everyone needs to vote for Obama. Period. Just look at the numbers: A conservative count of the RP / Liberty faction of the GOP is about 10% nationwide. That means that if as a block we shift to supporting Obama we move the total percentage about 5%. Think about how many swing states can be denied to Romney if there is a 5% swing in the popular vote! As a group, we can pretty much guarantee that Romney will not be elected. Right now, that is my #1 goal. GJ is not going to be president, so it's down to Obama and Romney. I have reasons to want to see Romney lose, even if I don't have any reasons to see Obama win.

Please give this serious consideration.

erowe1
08-29-2012, 09:47 AM

Agreed.

As far as we here are concerned, Ron Paul is still a candidate for president.

It's all about the electoral college!

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Agreed.

As far as we here are concerned, Ron Paul is still a candidate for president.

seriously? please wake up. I love to dream but come on. I pleaded for folks to help get ron paul certified in colorado ,yet rpf/dp ignored now you say this? ron paul is not running unless he runs indy or joins gary ticket. wake up. i do love to dream though. just poll for gary to get him at 15% then you can vote for mickey mouse or ron paul on nov 6th.

folks it is real simple here poll for gary and vote for jfk for all icare on nov 6th but if we can get gary on the debate stage. i think everyone will see the light! polling for gary to get on the debate stage has nothing to do with the electoral college.

I am part of the grassroots ,so yes getting folks to vote for gary and get him polled on a debate stage is grassroots activism at it's best

this is right where it needs to be. ps colorado will not count write-ins so scratch that off your electoral college.

ZENemy
08-29-2012, 09:57 AM
I am going to Vote for GJ, I am not insisting anyone else does. In my opinion is he not only "the best we have" but he is a pretty good candidate, has strong values and supports Ron Paul himself! I feel with what we just been through GJ its a miracle we have someone like GJ runing, its a pretty lucky scenario if one looks at it the right way.

The establishment takes out Ron Paul, in my opinion: Voting for GJ not only satisfies my conscience but will show the powers that be; that for most of us, its about the message and not the man. I know its a stupid Fantasy but if GJ was to somehow get RP as his VP I would be excited and happy to vote for that ticket.

I have seen GJ put on the spot before and thought he handled himself pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozevazlQZxk&feature=g-u-u

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 09:59 AM
very simple concept folks, poll to get gary on the debate stage ,then nov 6 vote for obama/romney 2012 police state or write in mickey mouse or ron paul. If we get on the debate stage i think everyone here will have a change of heart. it cannot hurt to poll for gary .

erowe1
08-29-2012, 10:01 AM
seriously? please wake up.

A wise stoner once said:

why would you quit a game in the 7th inning or in the 3rd quarter? You negative nancies would say no i would never quit a game until it is over but then they come here and quit before the game is over. if you quit before the game is over which you are .then your a quitter.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?378790-Calling-it-Ron-Paul-has-clinched-the-nomination&p=4458803&viewfull=1#post4458803

And now, here you are, quitting before the game is over.

Anybody who was saying "It's all about the delegates!" a month ago, is obligated by the laws of logic to say, "It's all about the electoral college!" today.

ETA: By the way, welcome back.

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:02 AM
I am going to Vote for GJ, I am not insisting anyone else does. In my opinion is he not only "the best we have" but he is a pretty good candidate, has strong values and supports Ron Paul himself! I feel with what we just been through GJ its a miracle we have someone like GJ runing, its a pretty lucky scenario if one looks at it the right way.

The establishment takes out Ron Paul, in my opinion: Voting for GJ not only satisfies my conscience but will show the powers that be; that for most of us, its about the message and not the man. I know its a stupid Fantasy but if GJ was to somehow get RP as his VP I would be excited and happy to vote for that ticket.

I have seen GJ put on the spot before and thought he handled himself pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozevazlQZxk&feature=g-u-u

we must demand they(rpf'ers/dp'ers) understand they can poll and vote, 2 different things but i can promise everyone here. If they poll to get gary on the debate stage. I think many will change their minds on who they will vote for by nov 6th. polling to get on debates and voting are 2 different subjects. let us get gary in the debates!

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:05 AM
A wise stoner once said:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?378790-Calling-it-Ron-Paul-has-clinched-the-nomination&p=4458803&viewfull=1#post4458803

And now, here you are, quitting before the game is over.

Anybody who was saying "It's all about the delegates!" a month ago, is obligated by the laws of logic to say, "It's all about the electoral college!" today.

ETA: By the way, welcome back.

the gop convention nominee game is over, if Ron Paul does not run indy or join a ticket. Then there is no game for a write-in. colorado is not on your electoral map, ron paul will not be counted at all unless he was a certified candidate in colorado. He is not.

thanks for welcome back , i do want to say we are talking polling here not voting so no reason we cannot get gary in the debates. There should be no argument getting gary on the debates. they are before theelection, but i can promise you if we get him in the debates many here will reconsider who they vote for especially if we can get rp to join ticket either way. I see big things happening if we get gary on the debate stage nothing to do with nov 6th

PierzStyx
08-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Some quotes that explain in words better than mine why I will not vote for anyone but Ron Paul.

"We engage in the election the same as in any other principle: you are to vote for good men, and if you do not do this it is a sin: to vote for wicked men, it would be sin. Choose the good and refuse the evil. Men of false principles have preyed upon us like wolves upon helpless lambs. Damn the rod of tyranny; curse it. Let every man use his liberties according to the Constitution. Don’t fear man or devil; electioneer with all people, male and female, and exhort them to do the thing that is right. We want a President of the U.S., not a party President, but a President of the whole people; for a party President disfranchises the opposite party. Have a President who will maintain every man in his rights.” (Hyrum Smith, Source: History of the Church, Vol.6, Ch.15, p.323)

"I will tell you whom to vote for: we will vote for the man who will sustain the principles of civil and religious liberty, the man who knows the most and who has the best heart and brain for a statesman; and we do not care a farthing whether he is a Whig, a Democrat, a Barnburner, a Republican, a New Light or anything else." ( Brigham Young, "Discourses of Brigham Young" pg. 358)

You see supporting Ron Paul was never a matter of beating Obama. It has always been about voting for the candidate who was right. Johnson is not as bad as either Obama or Romney. But that is not a reason for me to support him. I can understand why others would vote for him. And I support you in that. In any other year I might vote for him. But in a year where I have a chance to vote for someone like Ron Paul, even if it is in a uncounted write in, I cannot do anything less. This year I don't have to compromise my beliefs to choose a politician to support. I can vote for Ron Paul. And I will.

erowe1
08-29-2012, 10:07 AM

erowe1
08-29-2012, 10:08 AM
the gop convention nominee game is over

First of all, who says it is? Anything can still happen to Romney between now and November. And RP will be waiting on deck!

And besides, it was never just about getting a party nomination, it was always about winning the WH.

And to win the WH....

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Some quotes that explain in words better than mine why I will not vote for anyone but Ron Paul.

"We engage in the election the same as in any other principle: you are to vote for good men, and if you do not do this it is a sin: to vote for wicked men, it would be sin. Choose the good and refuse the evil. Men of false principles have preyed upon us like wolves upon helpless lambs. Damn the rod of tyranny; curse it. Let every man use his liberties according to the Constitution. Don’t fear man or devil; electioneer with all people, male and female, and exhort them to do the thing that is right. We want a President of the U.S., not a party President, but a President of the whole people; for a party President disfranchises the opposite party. Have a President who will maintain every man in his rights.” (Hyrum Smith, Source: History of the Church, Vol.6, Ch.15, p.323)

"I will tell you whom to vote for: we will vote for the man who will sustain the principles of civil and religious liberty, the man who knows the most and who has the best heart and brain for a statesman; and we do not care a farthing whether he is a Whig, a Democrat, a Barnburner, a Republican, a New Light or anything else." ( Brigham Young, "Discourses of Brigham Young" pg. 358)

You see supporting Ron Paul was never a matter of beating Obama. It has always been about voting for the candidate who was right. Johnson is not as bad as either Obama or Romney. But that is not a reason for me to support him. I can understand why others would vote for him. And I support you in that. In any other year I might vote for him. But in a year where I have a chance to vote for someone like Ron Paul, even if it is in a uncounted write in, I cannot do anything less. This year I don't have to compromise my beliefs to choose a politician to support. I can vote for Ron Paul. And I will.

polling for debates and voting are 2 different things so your post does not apply to what i am asking you do to! i strongly suggest if you have the power to get gary in the debates through polling. Then you might see the power in considering a vote change on nov 6th either way we get gary in debates we win!

erowe1
08-29-2012, 10:10 AM
polling for debates and voting are 2 different things so your post does not sapply to what i am asking you do to!

What are you asking us to do? Get polled by a polling company? How do we do that?

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:12 AM
First of all, who says it is? Anything can still happen to Romney between now and November. And RP will be waiting on deck!

And besides, it was never just about getting a party nomination, it was always about winning the WH.

And to win the WH....

good luck with that scenario but still does not apply to what i am saksing you do to do unless debates are after elections? i am sking you to poll for gary. you can vote mickey mouse on nov 6th for all i care. polling to get gary on the stage to expose obmaney is not voting on nov 6th.

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:14 AM
What are you asking us to do? Get polled by a polling company? How do we do that?

you start supporting gary help him by making calls hopefully you get polled. You answer the polls ,internet polls or calling. you can vote for whoever nov 6th, you support gary then on nov 6th stab him in the back like they did ron paul, be like romney folks and we can get gary on the stage:)

i am being a lil sarcastic but you stand with the liberty movement and who can be an effective mouth piece in 2012 until nov 6th.

you should work at the best strategy to get gary on the stage. then do whatever you want on nov 6th!

Eagles' Wings
08-29-2012, 10:16 AM

Three cheers for this post, Pierz. Voting for Ron Paul will be a joy.

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Three cheers for this post, Pierz. Voting for Ron Paul will be a joy.

so you would perfer voting for ron paul on nov 6th instead of saying you support gary to the polls if they calll you then voting ron paul nov 6th. we can get gary on the debate stage if we all work together for liberty. you can vote for oprah or ron paul on nov 6th polling and voting are 2 different things. mislead be a romney supporter mislead!

i shouldn't have to explain this strategy it should be self -evident. hopefully that was the correct word to say.

Acala
08-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Got some bad news for you. The Republican establishment would rather lose to the Democrats than win with a liberty or Constitutional andidate - or even allow real liberty reform in the party. Why? Because the Democrats will preserve the corrupt machine so the Republicans can use it when it is their turn. A liberty adminstration will dismantle the machine.

And, by the way, what makes any of you think that Gary Johnson would be allowed in the debate? Debate rules are even looser then onvention rules. Does anyone doubt that the MSM would follow instructions from the major parties?

PierzStyx
08-29-2012, 10:22 AM
polling for debates and voting are 2 different things so your post does not apply to what i am asking you do to! i strongly suggest if you have the power to get gary in the debates through polling. Then you might see the power in considering a vote change on nov 6th either way we get gary in debates we win!
Well its good I wasn't talking to you but tuggy, now wasn't it?

erowe1
08-29-2012, 10:29 AM
you start supporting gary help him by making calls

Wouldn't that effort be better spent calling national electors for Romney and Obama and convincing them to vote for Ron Paul in November?

We can do this! We can raise money and send them DVD's with all of our best Youtube videos on them. All we need is for something like 268 of them to figure out what the right thing for them to do is!

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Well its good I wasn't talking to you but tuggy, now wasn't it?

you do not have to be an asshole about it. I was kindly suggesting and offering you reality. thanks for being an asshole. folks like you are why i left rpf. i try to be civil and yet you say that BULLSHIT F OFF! I am talking common sense do you even understand the difference of polling vs voting and that debates happen before your write in . i told you you can write in ron paul or mickey mouse for all i care but you don't have to be an asshole about it. If i wanted rpf bullshit i would talk to romney supporters!

it is a simple concept 1+1=2 polling to get gary on the debate stage is not nov 6th! if a hippie like me can get this simple concept why cannot you?? i wasn't being mean to you but you seem to have this urge to be mean so i will follow thru! i wasn't attacking you, but if you truly have something to say i can give you my address in colorado.

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Wouldn't that effort be better spent calling national electors for Romney and Obama and convincing them to vote for Ron Paul in November?

We can do this! We can raise money and send them DVD's with all of our best Youtube videos on them. All we need is for something like 268 of them to figure out what the right thing for them to do is!

now your really dreaming no i disagree my time will be better spent with someone on the ballot that can get on the debate stage. I know you want to continue your dream of ron paul winning but i disagree with your route 100% it will; not happen! so i guess we agree to disagree. colorado is not even on your electoral map becuase they will not count write-ins unless certified july 2012 passed. You have a great dream though!

ZENemy
08-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Im not going to tell anyone what to do, I am not going to tell anyone they are wrong, being in this movment has really helped me grow especially in respecting other peoples decisions. Nearly every day on this forum I learn something new and go away with a new perspective on personal freedom. That being said, IF your mind is open just a crack, take a look at these videos, I was like most here too; I did not wanna hear anything he had to say, thats EXACTLY how anti Ron Paul people are. If your mind is open, listen to the man, then make a decision. IF I had to choose right now between GJ and Rand, I would Choose GJ, sorry, that's the way I feel and until I see action and not TALK from Rand (after his endorsement of the Demon) that will not change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPUO5cl7K30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qR8KTcsjY8

erowe1
08-29-2012, 10:35 AM
now your really dreaming no i disagree my time will be better spent with someone on the ballot that can get on the debate stage. I know you want to continue your dream of ron paul winning but i disagree with your route 100% it will; not happen! so i guess we agree to disagree. colorado is not even on your electoral map becuase they will not count write-ins unless certified july 2012 passed. You have a great dream though!

Quitter.

Careful SB, this kind of defeatist talk will get you banned here.

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:36 AM
ron paul folks seem to be dividing the liberty movement! I now know why i stopped coming here folks just do not get it! I will do what i can in colorado to make sure romney is done. good luck everywhere else.

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Quitter.

i am a republican who will not support romney and will vote gary johnson. I am not quitting but your scenario is based on dreaming not reality! Voting and polling for gary johnson before nov 6th has nothing to do with your dream scenario.

erowe1
08-29-2012, 10:40 AM
ron paul folks seem to be dividing the liberty movement! I now know why i stopped coming here folks just do not get it! I will do what i can in colorado to make sure romney is done. good luck everywhere else.

This is not a website for the liberty movement. It is a website for people who want to elect Ron Paul president in 2012.

A hundred years from now, it will still be a website for people who are still trying to elect Ron Paul president in 2012. To let it be anything else would be like taking someone's inheritance before they're dead.

NOBP!

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Quitter.

if rpf wants to ban me then please do , iactually banned myself because of the blind ron paulers dreaming! even when reality hits. you folks are still dreaming! reality has hit i will vote ron paul if he runs indy or joins gary's ticket. That is reality.

speciallyblend
08-29-2012, 10:41 AM
This is not a website for the liberty movement. It is a website for people who want to elect Ron Paul president in 2012.

A hundred years from now, it will still be a website for people who are still trying to elect Ron Paul president in 2012. To let it be anything else would be like taking someone's inheritance before they're dead.

NOBP!

good luck, reality is ron paul is not running if he is not the nominee unless he runs indy or joins a ticket. that is reality . you need a dose of it! If you want to ignore trying to get gary on the debate before the election on nov 6th. Then i would say yes you are working against liberty and living in a ron paul dream world where ron paul is not running. If ron paul runs indy or joins a ticket. That is reality.

the ron paul circle jerk is getting old!

erowe1
08-29-2012, 10:42 AM
good luck, relaity is ron paul is not running

It's not his choice! It's ours!

ZENemy
08-29-2012, 10:45 AM
It's not his choice! It's ours!

I'm sorry but our choice was STOLEN from us. If OUR choice is just going to be stolen then what to do? As if they wont steal it again if we went some other route, every single "chances" we held onto was stolen from us, Im starting to think those "chances" were hung out to keep us on the treadmill without revolting.

erowe1
08-29-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry but our choice was STOLEN from us. If OUR choice is just going to be stolen then what to do? As if they wont steal it again if we went some other route, every single "change" we held onto was stolen from us, Im starting to think those "chances" were hung out to keep us on the treadmill without revolting.

Another quitter!

NOBP!

It's not over yet!

CT4Liberty
08-29-2012, 10:46 AM
How about you vote your conscious and i'll vote mine.

Does that tickle your GJ fancy?

This!!!

People should vote their conscious and nothing more... vote for the guy you want to be President and let the chips fall where they may and outside of explaining why the principles of the person you are supporting best qualify him to be President, let others do the same.

The Free Hornet
08-29-2012, 10:49 AM
He almost had me but pro-abortion Johnson is no Ron Paul.

The facts:

Well I support a woman’s right to choose up until viability of the fetus, as governor of New Mexico, I have signed a bill banning late term abortion, I’ve always favored parental notification, I’ve always favored counseling and I’ve always favored the notion that public funds should not be used for abortion. So running for Governor of New Mexico in a state that was 2:1 Democrat, I really didn’t get that vote in the primary, but I’d like to think that I got all of those votes in the general election and that’s a reality here also, for those individuals that hold that as their number one issue, I’m not going to get that vote, I would hope to get that vote if I were to move on to the general election.”

http://2012.presidential-candidates.org/Johnson/Abortion.php

Although a-holes that call a liberty person pro-abortion likely also think Ron Paul is pro-crackhead for wanting to end the war on drugs.

ZENemy
08-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Another quitter!

NOBP!

It's not over yet!

Is this process immune to cheating? They have been cheating the ENTIRE campaign so how is THIS going to save us? I'm not attacking you, I'm asking.

LOL, a quitter, so Mitt Romey has all the delegates he needs, Ron Paul had what, 200? Now, Im not saying that its IMPOSSIBLE for him to win at this point because nothing is impossible but can you please tell me how I AM A QUITTER when the RP's loss is factual and Fuckface Romney is now the demon competing to rule over this land

randpaul2016
08-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Definitely agree either write ron paul in DONT VOTE or vote gj.

That ad thooooo

erowe1
08-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Is this process immune to cheating? They have been cheating the ENTIRE campaign so how is THIS going to save us? I'm not attacking you, I'm asking.

Cheating is precisely what we want!

We want to convince electors who are elected for the purpose of voting for Romney or Obama to change their votes to Paul.

Imagine what we could do if we focused millions of dollars we could raise on changing the minds of a mere 220 people!

ZENemy
08-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Cheating is precisely what we want!

We want to convince electors who are elected for the purpose of voting for Romney or Obama to change their votes to Paul.

Imagine what we could do if we focused millions of dollars we could raise on changing the minds of a mere 220 people!

Yo man, power to you, I commend you for your resolve but playing craps with rigged dice is futile.

Revolution9
08-29-2012, 10:58 AM
you do not have to be an asshole about it. I was kindly suggesting and offering you reality. thanks for being an asshole. folks like you are why i left rpf. i try to be civil and yet you say that BULLSHIT F OFF! I a

The irony is palpable. This is the type of shit that bothers me from the GJ (L) people.

Rev9

Revolution9
08-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Yo man, power to you, I commend you for your resolve but playing craps with rigged dice is futile.

Says the guy voting for the Rockefeller plant to scatter the movement gathered behind Dr Paul.

Rev9

ZENemy
08-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Says the guy voting for the Rockefeller plant to scatter the movement gathered behind Dr Paul.

Rev9

REV 9, if you can show me the proof or even some good evidence that would lead me down a path that shows GJ being a plant I will take it into consideration and look int it. Ive looked into Gary Johnson quit a bit, I saw him on Alex Jones a few months ago and liked what he had to say but I will not blindly follow anyone so show me what you got that I cant find on google and Ill take a look.

PierzStyx
08-29-2012, 11:03 AM
you do not have to be an asshole about it. I was kindly suggesting and offering you reality. thanks for being an asshole. folks like you are why i left rpf. i try to be civil and yet you say that BULLSHIT F OFF! I am talking common sense do you even understand the difference of polling vs voting and that debates happen before your write in . i told you you can write in ron paul or mickey mouse for all i care but you don't have to be an asshole about it. If i wanted rpf bullshit i would talk to romney supporters!

it is a simple concept 1+1=2 polling to get gary on the debate stage is not nov 6th! if a hippie like me can get this simple concept why cannot you?? i wasn't being mean to you but you seem to have this urge to be mean so i will follow thru! i wasn't attacking you, but if you truly have something to say i can give you my address in colorado.

So... you but into a conversation, bring up something completely irrelevant to what I am talking about, something totally unrelated to the entire thread and I'm the asshole for not caring to talk to you about it? Especially when you're the one who started yelling and swearing at someone? You sound less like a hippie and more like a hypocrite to me. And if you plan to continue to act like this, why don't you continue to stay away from RPF? The community would be better for it.

Also, I like how you admit you came back to RPF to troll for Johnson. Its people like you who make RP supporters rebel at supporting Johnson. I was completely respectful of Johnson in my post to tuggy for why i am not supporting him. You could try to be.

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 11:25 AM

He thinks he is being funny.

But his posts are solely to mock people here fighting to the end, like our delegates who yesterday DID get 6 states to put Ron into nomination even after being cheated out of multiple states by Romney's committees, only to have RNC change the rules to require 8 states so Ron's name wouldn't be in nomination, he wouldn't get the high profile, unedited speech and wouldn't be able to make a point of the organization he has.

Which seems like an odd goal to have. (mocking them.)

And it is against TOS.

erowe1
08-29-2012, 11:54 AM
He thinks he is being funny.

But his posts are solely to mock people here fighting to the end, like our delegates who yesterday DID get 6 states to put Ron into nomination even after being cheated out of multiple states by Romney's committees, only to have RNC change the rules to require 8 states so Ron's name wouldn't be in nomination, he wouldn't get the high profile, unedited speech and wouldn't be able to make a point of the organization he has.

Which seems like an odd goal to have. (mocking them.)

And it is against TOS.

What are you talking about?

The position I'm articulating is the only one I'm allowed to have here. If I disagree with it, I get banned. What are my options?

It's your own stated position.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?385584-Can-GOP-Dump-Romney-and-Nominate-Ron-Paul&p=4574493&viewfull=1#post4574493

kahless
08-29-2012, 02:23 PM
The facts:
http://2012.presidential-candidates....n/Abortion.php

You can call me names and negative rep me all you want but I stated a fact of Gary Johnson's position on abortion. Obviously you can't handle the truth.

Your neg rep included a link to Johnson's position on abortion which states:

"point of the viability of the fetus has been reached"

Wikipedia: Fetus Viability

The lower limit of viability is approximately five months gestational age, and usually later.

So we are talking 6 months or more, minimum 5 months. That is a pro-abortion position.

Ron Paul is a defender of liberty for ALL. My statement stands. Gary Johnson is no Ron Paul!

The Free Hornet
08-29-2012, 02:27 PM

The position I'm articulating is the only one I'm allowed to have here. If I disagree with it, I get banned. What are my options?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?385584-Can-GOP-Dump-Romney-and-Nominate-Ron-Paul&p=4574493&viewfull=1#post4574493

Option #1: Stop threadjacking.

Option #2: Start your own thread pushing your strategy which is clearly just a troll to get back at people who, rightly, stayed with the delegate strategy and were in a position to expose corruption and give a preview of how Romney administrates.

Option #3: STFU.

I 100% support anybody at war with the moderators and/or administration but when you hijack a thread, you are messing with another member who posted this to promote Gary Johnson. Start your own thread if you want to push this strategy.

The Free Hornet
08-29-2012, 02:41 PM
You can call me names and negative rep me all you want but I stated a fact of Gary Johnson's position on abortion. Obviously you can't handle the truth.

Your neg rep included a link to Johnson's position on abortion which states:

Wikipedia: Fetus Viability

So we are talking 6 months or more, minimum 5 months. That is a pro-abortion position.

Ron Paul is a defender of liberty for ALL. My statement stands. Gary Johnson is no Ron Paul!

1) Yes, GJ is not RP. BFD. Not the issue.

2) Not wanting to intervene in somebody's medical issue or personal life is not "pro-abortion".

3) Ending the war on drugs is not "pro-crack"

4) Ending the IRS is not "pro-not giving to charity"

5) Ending the USDA is not "pro-salmonella"!

6) Being against war with Iran is not "pro-Ahmadinejad"

There are people that really do want abortions for reasons of

a) population control
b) eugenics
c) they don't care about third trimester/viability stuff

Gary Johnson is not one of these people and, knowing the facts, only a liar would call him "pro-abortion". Who are you that you want a government big enough to monitor our private medical decisions? Abortion was used by the AMA and pro-state fascists to increase government control of the medical industry. They like to restrict supply, outlaw any competition, and increase the demand for their services (e.g., constantly writing the same prescription).

Minarchism* is not pro-abortion.

*I am not saying GJ is a minarchist.

Edit: If you want to stop abortions. You should do it without stealing our tax dollars.

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Quitter.

No,but mocking people chronically with a tag line is an attack, and that can get you banned.

I disagree with speciallyblend but I've already stated my disagreement. AT some point these threads become spam, but speciallyblend has some leeway, as a long term poster and known strong Paul supporter when Ron was in the race.

Feelgood
08-29-2012, 03:04 PM
You guys are so silly. No matter how they beat you over the head, you still dont get it and come back for more.

Let's say GJ gets the magical number of 15%. What then? Have you learned nothing?!?! They simply move the finish line...

Since you got 15%, NOW you need 20%!

Ok, you got 20%, fuck it, you NEED 50%!

Ok, Gary, youre not going away, no problem you got 50%, you can be on the stage.

The debate comes up, and Gary doesnt get a single question, he is far off on the right, just enough so the cameras can focus on Obamney and Robama.

If if we meet their criteria, they will change it. If they finally can no longer change it to effect things, they will simply IGNORE GJ on stage and marginalize him, then laugh about it later in the interviews.

How can you people not learn?! You are becoming the epitome of insanity!

Anti Federalist
08-29-2012, 03:23 PM

This.

Vote your conscience.

I'm writing in Ron Paul.

The Free Hornet
08-29-2012, 03:34 PM
If if we meet their criteria, they will change it. If they finally can no longer change it to effect things, they will simply IGNORE GJ on stage and marginalize him, then laugh about it later in the interviews.

How can you people not learn?! You are becoming the epitome of insanity!

From Ghandi:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Yesterday was an example of the fight you stage. GJ has to aspire to be ignored, then laughed at, then fought, then ???

Of course, it is not about Ron Paul (ask him!) and it won't be about Gary Johnson. It is about liberty. If you don't want to fight for it, you shouldn't be here.

cucucachu0000
08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
yea im no big fan of johnson but his foreign policy blows but miles ahead of romney and obama. and his abortion position sucks too. but i feel way more represented by him than the other candidates. i think if we write in Ron Paul none of the votes get counted and nobody will hear about it. but you vote for johnson you will actually hear about it and everyone will know it was ron paul supporters who changed there votes because of how shitty the RNC treated us. so atleast we get a message out of this election if nothing else

erowe1
08-29-2012, 04:27 PM
No,but mocking people chronically with a tag line is an attack, and that can get you banned.

I disagree with speciallyblend but I've already stated my disagreement. AT some point these threads become spam, but speciallyblend has some leeway, as a long term poster and known strong Paul supporter when Ron was in the race.

All I'm doing with you is agreeing with you 100%.

I wouldn't dare do otherwise.

What would you do? Ban me because you don't believe I really mean it? It's not enough for me to parrot your views back to you, like I've been programmed to do? I have to somehow prove I'm serious?

Also, as you and I both know, Ron IS STILL in the race today every bit as much as he was a month ago. The electors haven't voted yet.

AFPVet
08-29-2012, 05:14 PM
I am DONE with the Republican party. No more b.s. The two party system has to go down. I am voting straight ticket Libertarian from now on... enough of this shit.

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 05:37 PM

please note the word 'subforum' in that post and the fact that it was in Ron's subforum. And that a group of you were tag teaming to get people to STOP being in his forum and work on your projects, to the point where it was becoming harassment. That is why, now it is after Tampa, I moved this thread out of Ron's subforum. But I was pissed at what you were doing in that thread, some of which has been weeded out, and that was while our delegates were STILL fighting for the SIX states that filed papers to nominate Ron yesterday, permitting the New York Times and others to show how absolutely desperate the RNC was to not let him have a speech in that they changed the rules to needing 8 states, whereas Ron had six, AFTER they disqualified two for no reason.

I should think my position in that thread that people in Ron's forum still had goals to fight for in the primary was born out by the RNC action yesterday and all the media since.

I take it you don't see that point, that while you were telling everyone who was raising money for chip ins or spreading stories to support the delegates to give up, they were working towards goals -- five states-- that not only were reasonable goals, as you refused to believe, but actually were goals attained yesterday?

Then RNC moved the goal post, but that itself is telling -- and much media all over today, is telling it.

ronpaulhawaii
08-29-2012, 05:45 PM
The RNC will not learn anything from a small bloc voting for GJ, in fact they will blame the inevitable Obama win on all of us regardless.

NOBP for me

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 05:48 PM
All I'm doing with you is agreeing with you 100%.

I wouldn't dare do otherwise.

What would you do? Ban me because you don't believe I really mean it? It's not enough for me to parrot your views back to you, like I've been programmed to do? I have to somehow prove I'm serious?

Also, as you and I both know, Ron IS STILL in the race today every bit as much as he was a month ago. The electors haven't voted yet.

Ron ran in the primary. While the general election isn't ended until the electors vote, at this moment Ron hasn't decided to run in the general. Many of us will be writing him in, however, and technically he will be hypothetically able, just like Johnson technically will hypotheticallly be able, to pick up electors, and may have some already, although how they would vote is unknown. Mostly the electors are chosen one of two ways, through the delegate process already ended, where I would expect our ratio of electors to be rather like our ratio of national committeemen and women (very few) or through direct election of electors assigned to a candidate.

In my state, for example, if I want to get Ron as a certified write in candidate, I and about a dozen others need to sign up as electors. If he wins California as a write in candidate, he would get those electors.

So I guess you are right and I was wrong, Ron is still in the race.

I take it that is the answer you prefer, since you pushed back so much on my previous answer.

erowe1
08-29-2012, 05:50 PM
I take it you don't see that point, that while you were telling everyone who was raising money for chip ins or spreading stories to support the delegates to give up, they were working towards goals -- five states-- that not only were reasonable goals, as you refused to believe, but actually were goals attained yesterday?

Let's suppose I did that. I didn't. And I'm not calling you a liar. I know better than to do that. I've learned my lesson about my previous failure to revere you. But let's suppose I did tell someone to give something like that up.

Isn't that exactly what's happening to you and me now? Here we are advocating the electoral college strategy, and people are telling us not to. Is that going to be tolerated? I get confused about what range of opinion is allowed here.

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Let's suppose I did that. I didn't. And I'm not calling you a liar. I know better than to do that. I've learned my lesson about my previous failure to revere you. But let's suppose I did tell someone to give something like that up.

Isn't that exactly what's happening to you and me now? Here we are advocating the electoral college strategy, and people are telling us not to. Is that going to be tolerated? I get confused about what range of opinion is allowed here.

Repeated attacks will get you banned, not just attacks on me.

Tolerated? I think some may be trying to find out if it is viable, and I presume they will find out. If they decide they want to spend energy on that, it is their energy. Why would we not 'tolerate' them spending their energy on whatever they want that didn't harm others?

erowe1
08-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Repeated attacks will get you banned, not just attacks on me.

Tolerated? I think some may be trying to find out if it is viable, and I presume they will find out. If they decide they want to spend energy on that, it is their energy. Why would we not 'tolerate' them spending their energy on whatever they want that didn't harm others?

Because in this website, we support the Electoral College strategy. People who don't support that don't belong here.

As for the idea that the same rules apply when people direct things at you as do when they direct them toward others, I'll just say, yes, of course, I know that. You are fair and impartial. Even if I had seen evidence to the contrary, I wouldn't dare to admit it.

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Because in this website, we support the Electoral College strategy. People who don't support that don't belong here.

As for the idea that the same rules apply when people direct things at you as do when they direct them toward others, I'll just say, yes, of course, I know that. You are fair and impartial. Even if I had seen evidence to the contrary, I wouldn't dare to admit it.

Neg reps saying 'this is an accident I am not saying you are a liar' don't show how little you attack people, in case you were confused as to what an attack is.

I haven't seen people pushing the EC strategy as you say, although I've seen some ask about it. My position would be not that you have to agree, but that you shouldn't mock, as you are doing now, which is a form of attack.

erowe1
08-29-2012, 07:25 PM
I haven't seen people pushing the EC strategy as you say, although I've seen some ask about it.

You and I are pushing the EC strategy. All I'm doing is agreeing with you. I'm not attacking anyone except those who would dare to go against you on this website.

I've learned my lesson.

erowe1
08-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Neg reps saying 'this is an accident I am not saying you are a liar' don't show how little you attack people, in case you were confused as to what an attack is.

The only possible way that neg rep could have been anything other than an accident would have been if you really were a liar, which I wouldn't ever dare say on this website. It was a simple slip of the finger.

Besides, of course I know that neg reps count as an attack. Why would they allow neg reps here unless it were the case that using them were against forum rules?

Dogsoldier
08-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Vote Johnson!!!!Don't waste your vote!!!!Write ins DO NOT COUNT!!!!We need a record of how many votes the Republicans lost.

The Free Hornet
08-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Besides, of course I know that neg reps count as an attack. Why would they allow neg reps here unless it were the case that using them were against forum rules?

Neg reps are fine, using them to spew ad hominems is not:

08-29-2012 05:30 PM erowe1
Thread: Vote Gary Johnson and...

You have no idea what you're talking about you mindless lemming.

+ Be respectful of others users.
+ No insulting, antagonizing or personally attacking other users.
+ No posting of anyone's personal contact information.
+ Ad hominem attacks on any individual or groups is strongly discouraged, use proper names.

Also, do you have a source from the campaign regarding the electoral college strategy?:

+ Controversial informational claims should include a verifiable source of the information or note that the information is "unverified".

erowe1
08-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Also, do you have a source from the campaign regarding the electoral college strategy?:

No. What the campaign wants is irrelevant. It's what SA wants that counts here. And she wants the electoral college strategy. Therefore, so do I. If anyone wants to come in here and agree with the official campaign, they're asking to get banned.

Athan
08-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Just hear me out first...
I endorse and approve this message regardless how much the poster hates grammar. Vote for a Liberty presidential candidate in November! Vote for Gary Johnson!

The Free Hornet
08-29-2012, 10:24 PM
No. What the campaign wants is irrelevant. It's what SA wants that counts here. And she wants the electoral college strategy. Therefore, so do I. If anyone wants to come in here and agree with the official campaign, they're asking to get banned.

You should have looked for a source or a quote where SA pushes the electoral college strategy (?) when you were busy sending this rep:

08-29-2012 10:02 PM erowe1
Thread: Vote Gary Johnson and...

Either they're fine or they aren't. Idiot. If you don't want people to know I think you're an idiot, don't tell them. If you do tell them, it's on you, not me.

I already know what you can suspect somebody of without a shred of evidence. "idiot" and "mindless lemming" are each less insulting.

ZenBowman
08-30-2012, 10:14 AM
The RNC will not learn anything from a small bloc voting for GJ, in fact they will blame the inevitable Obama win on all of us regardless.

NOBP for me

We want them to blame us. We want to play spoiler.

That said, either writing in Paul or voting Johnson has the same effect, so vote your conscience.

erowe1
08-30-2012, 10:22 AM
You should have looked for a source or a quote where SA pushes the electoral college strategy (?)

I linked it earlier in the thread.

The Free Hornet
08-30-2012, 01:48 PM
I linked it earlier in the thread.

There is no link that is, "a source or a quote where SA pushes the electoral college strategy".

This is what you linked to (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?387920-Vote-Gary-Johnson-and-not-Obama-Romney-or-write-in-Ron-Paul&p=4612574&viewfull=1#post4612574):

I was going to say Tampa, but you know what? Yeah, ever. That is what this subforum is for, pushing Ron's campaign. Look at the mission statement for the forum. In THIS subforum don't trash Ron's chances. In Massie's don't trash his, etc etc etc.

People aren't here for you to come coopt to other purposes, those in THIS subforum are specifically here for Ron.

Can you do better than that? Again, this is what you claim,

Do you expect to be taken seriously supporting that position with the middle quote?

erowe1
08-30-2012, 03:00 PM
There is no link that is, "a source or a quote where SA pushes the electoral college strategy".

When she said that, it was in answer to a question about the electoral college strategy. If she wants to come out and change her position, that's up to her. I'll support her whatever she says. I wouldn't dare to go against her.

erowe1
08-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Do you expect to be taken seriously supporting that position with the middle quote?

Being taken seriously is definitely a problem I'm up against here. And I'm not sure how best to deal with it. If I don't parrot SA's opinion back to her, I get banned. If I do parrot it, but she doesn't take me seriously, I get threatened to be banned. It seems like I not only have to kiss her hindquarters, but I somehow have to prove I really mean it, even if I might not. It's a predicament. The best I can do is insist that I agree with her on everything, and when anyone doubts that I do, just say, "That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

The Free Hornet
08-30-2012, 03:13 PM
When she said that, it was in answer to a question about the electoral college strategy. If she wants to come out and change her position, that's up to her. I'll support her whatever she says. I wouldn't dare to go against her.

I fail to see it. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?385584-Can-GOP-Dump-Romney-and-Nominate-Ron-Paul&p=4574493&viewfull=1#post4574493) First, you asked three questions and the only one affirmed was the, "Ever?", which was clearly in context of this post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?385584-Can-GOP-Dump-Romney-and-Nominate-Ron-Paul&p=4574487&viewfull=1#post4574487):

Meanwhile, this is Ron Paul's campaign forum and don't denigrate his viability as a candidate in his own forum.

The delegate strategy was part of the campaign. Your accusation that sailingaway advocates faithless electors is pure defamation.

erowe1
08-30-2012, 03:43 PM
The delegate strategy was part of the campaign. Your accusation that sailingaway advocates faithless electors is pure defamation.

The campaign's delegate strategy was a strategy to win delegates in primaries, caucuses, and conventions. It was never a strategy to get delegates bound to Romney to break their word and vote for Paul at the convention. Both of those strategies have been called "delegate strategies," but the former was the campaign's and the latter was not.

In the same sense, the campaign is not following the electoral college strategy (a strategy to get Romney and Obama electors to go rogue and vote for Paul in December), but we here are. What the campaign wants is irrelevant. It's what SA wants that matters. And if you value your membership here, I recommend you not criticize the electoral college strategy.

IronPatriot
08-30-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm unable to write in a candidate in my state, so I will be voting for Gary Johnson.

However, if I could, I would write in Ron Paul.

ProIndividual
08-31-2012, 01:11 AM
The best strategy in game theory is to vote Obama, since he has the best chance to beat Romney. It's clear unless Ron runs 3rd Party that no liberty candidates will win. Our goal then has to be making Romney lose for 3 reasons:

1. We can't control the negotiations inside the only Party we are operating if they win elections without us. We have to become the new base (those they can't win without), or we fail to win any debates. All they care about is winning, afterall.

2. If Romney wins, there is no liberty movement in the Democratic Party, and therefore we will have to wait until 2020 or 2024 to run another liberty candidate. If Obama wins, we can run another liberty candidate in 2016. It is completely irrational to set the movement back an extra 4-8 years out of emotion.

3. This emotional need to vote for someone pallatable is nonsense, logically. If we take one vote away from the GOP and give to the Obama, we just swung the vote by 2 votes each. It gives each of us the maximum voting power as a voting block. This is mathematically undeniable. If you vote 3rd Party or write-in, for someone unlikely to win, as an emotional protest, you just halved your voting power. It's irrational, illogical, and not mathematically sound.

I know you people won't listen to me...I wrote a thread about this months ago. But then blame yourselves if Romney wins a close victory and we have no liberty candidate for 8-12 years instead of just 4 years. The game theory math strategy is as clear as day. If we just used game theory in elections we'd win far more of them, or at least when we lost we'd get more favorable outcomes to set up our future battles.

But why further the liberty cause, right? Just do what is emotionally pleasing. This is my last attempt to reason with you people. Please notice, none of my reasoning was "revenge" on the GOP. I'm not making emotional arguments, unlike "I can't vote for Obama, ewwww". That kind of nonsense has no place in stratagem.

Feel free to copy and paste and start a new thread with this. I won't. I've done it once already and MAYBE got one reasoned person to change their mind. You can find my original post on the subject is my past posts. If you do not vote Obama, barring a Ron Paul 3rd Party run, you are playing with fire (the possibility Romney wins, and thereby we lose for 8-12 years). If somehow Gary Johnson gets enough support to be a contender in a 3-way race, then by all means vote for him. But he had better be within the margain of error in polling, period.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-31-2012, 06:57 AM

That's right. Dr. Paul hasn't formally suspended his campaign. It's time to move on to our electoral college strategy. Anybody have a list of names of the electors?

tuggy24g
08-31-2012, 08:34 AM
Voting Gary Johnson is the best thing we can do! Show the two party system is not working!

acptulsa
05-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Just in case anyone forgot why Rand chose not to emulate his father and decided not to continue right through to the convention.