PDA

View Full Version : Cruz on Paul Delegate Situation

kylejack
08-29-2012, 07:59 AM
"I'm not foolish enough to stick my nose in the middle of it."
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/240809387512459265

Even Chuck Grassley managed to respond to a question about it with some positive things about Paul people, like how they make the party stronger. You can't really build a coalition with a guy who won't even discuss delegates of your chosen candidate being screwed over.

brandon
08-29-2012, 08:05 AM
What a pussy. Typical politician.

Badger Paul
08-29-2012, 08:18 AM
""I'm not foolish enough to stick my nose in the middle of it."

What, afraid you're going to lose this fall in your one-party state? What would it have cost you to say to respect the grassroots, especially when Paul endorsed you? What a wussy!

amabala
08-29-2012, 08:28 AM
wimp

kathy88
08-29-2012, 08:32 AM
I had a bad feeling about Cruz from day one. Feeling kinda vindicated and righteous right now.

cassielund99@gmail.com
08-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Watching Cruz speak last night was a joke. The smirk he gives during pause to see if everyone will start clapping. Almost the exact same one Romney gives. I have a bad feeling about Cruz to.

jkr
08-29-2012, 08:48 AM
vaGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa!

ctiger2
08-29-2012, 08:58 AM
I guarantee Cruz is a big fat POS just like 99% of them.

LibertyEagle
08-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Time will tell. But, we knew he wasn't one of us. He was just light years better than the guy he was running against. I have never felt comfortable with what he would do with regard to foreign policy.

The Gold Standard
08-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Cruz is a piece of shit warmonger and people are calling him a liberty candidate.

Q11Q
08-29-2012, 09:15 AM
I regret donating money to him. No more. If you aren't with me and the Liberty Movement, you are against America. Time to vote him out of office!

kylejack
08-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Well, he's not in office yet technically. :D He still has to beat a Democrat.

Valli6
08-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Also found Cruz hard to stomach, especially after finding out he and his wife are listed as "founders" of this all-establishment, neocon pac called maverickpac. heep://eew.maverickpac.com/home

I couldn't understand why Ron Paul endorsed him, but no doubt he had his reasons. Jeb Bush's son george (yeah! there's another george!) helped form this pac so you can imagine what sort of bunch this is. It's supposed to be about attracting young "conservatives" - all persons involved appear to be extremely wealthy. Here is how they describe themselves:

"We are the emerging generation of conservative leaders"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQIxQGgt4I

They support all the worst candidates.

Never trust any of the following "mavericks" supported by this pac:

Speaker John Boehner (R-OH)
Senator Scott Brown (R-MA)
Congressman Quico Canseco (R-TX)
Congressman Eric Cantor (R-VA)
Senator John Cornyn (R-TX)
Congressman Tom Graves (R-GA)
The Honorable Josh Mandel, candidate for US Senate, Ohio
Congressman Michael McCaul (R-TX)
Congressman Aaron Schock (R-IL)
Senator John Thune (R-SD)
Mitt Romney for President

Be extremely cautious of these lesser known people who they are also backing:

The Honorable Heather Wilson, candidate for US Senate, New Mexico
Steve Southerland for Congress
Adam Hasner for Congress
Tom Cotton for Congress
Mia Love for Congress they will be making much of this person
Abel Maldonado for Congress
Richard Tisei Congressional Committee
Dean Heller for Senate
George Allen for Senate <isn't this the macaca guy?
Daniel Webster for Congress
David Rouzer for Congress
Sean Duffy for Congress
Rick Snuffer for Congress

musicmax
08-29-2012, 09:42 AM

Too bad Ron Paul was foolish enough to endorse this Goldmanite douche.

musicmax
08-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Speaker John Boehner (R-OH)
Congressman Eric Cantor (R-VA)

Aaaannnd... you can stop reading.

George Allen for Senate <isn't this the macaca guy?

Yes.

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 09:46 AM
Time will tell. But, we knew he wasn't one of us. He was just light years better than the guy he was running against. I have never felt comfortable with what he would do with regard to foreign policy.

this. There is 'better than the other guy', and there is 'one of ours'. Cruz is the former, not the latter, but we backed him against worse, and hopefully he will stay true on those issues which were the reasons we backed him.

kylejack
08-29-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm honestly starting to wonder if we should only actually finance "one of ours" types. Get the Justin Amash types in there and then they can draw a contrast between themselves and the scumbags. Every dollar spent on a lukewarm like Cruz is one less dollar going to the arsenal of Amash types. For people under the contribution limit, anyway.

QuickZ06
08-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Sucks I voted for him once (dang RP endorsement sold me). But the guy is a choad, he will bend over for the republican party once in. Screw him.

08-29-2012, 10:22 AM

So what? It's better he doesn't get involved at this point.

He gave a good speech, I was impressed.

Carlybee
08-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Well Mr.Cruz..you just lost my vote. I met your dad at my polling place for the primary and promised him I would vote for you but I won't in the general since you can't be bothered to stick your neck out...typical used car salesman politician.

kylejack
08-29-2012, 10:32 AM
So what? It's better he doesn't get involved at this point.

Yeah, he's really good at that not getting involved thing, like when he refused to endorse Ron, who had endorsed him.

I don't care about his dumb speech.

jllundqu
08-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Dude's wife was CFR... what do you expect?

Brian4Liberty
08-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Typical politician.

No doubt about that. At least his speech last night didn't include any war talk.

FSP-Rebel
08-29-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm honestly starting to wonder if we should only actually finance "one of ours" types. Get the Justin Amash types in there and then they can draw a contrast between themselves and the scumbags. Every dollar spent on a lukewarm like Cruz is one less dollar going to the arsenal of Amash types. For people under the contribution limit, anyway.
Good point. These nominal conservatives usually get decent funding w/o us based on other pacs getting involved and getting their roots to shell out scratch. It is important to get another guy Rand can work with in the Senate but we the little guy should focus money on our own most of the time. Getting our people (like Hightower and Bradley) into state house and senate seats is the best way to expand the farm team for later on when we call them up to the big leagues. That's how we'll add to Amash, Massie, Kerry and maybe Art in the future.

twomp
08-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Ted Cruz provided everyone in the future with the blueprint of how to co-opt this movement. It's a damn shame and there will be more to come. After watching that interview with Thomas Massie and how he said he doesn't agree with Ron Paul's foreign policy, I'm starting to wonder who we can really trust.

Carlybee
08-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Ted Cruz provided everyone in the future with the blueprint of how to co-opt this movement. It's a damn shame and there will be more to come. After watching that interview with Thomas Massie and how he said he doesn't agree with Ron Paul's foreign policy, I'm starting to wonder who we can really trust.

And that's the sad part. It seems some of them need to be more thoroughly vetted before giving support or money...problem is there's not much you can do if they say one thing and then do another after the fact.

Elwar
08-29-2012, 12:10 PM
All I know is that Glenn Beck supported him.

That says a lot.

thehungarian
08-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Cruz seems to be a Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan type. I have no doubts he will vote to expand the wars when the time comes.

thehungarian
08-29-2012, 12:19 PM

There are a lot of libertarians that are on the Ted Cruz bandwagon. Outside the Beltway is the only one I can think of at the moment, but I follow plenty of pundits/writers on twitter who all slop his jock like he's the next Rand Paul.

rockandrollsouls
08-29-2012, 12:34 PM
This. But he could simply just be playing the game. Keep in mind, the establishment stopped Ron and us (his wave of supporters.) Cruz is starting a new term...if you were going in with intent to be pro liberty, would you want to be singled out before you even got there?

All I'm saying is, he may or may not be "like the rest of them." But he could as easily be keeping his mouth shut as to not bring unwanted attention his way.

AuH20
08-29-2012, 12:36 PM
This. But he could simply just be playing the game. Keep in mind, the establishment stopped Ron and us (his wave of supporters.) Cruz is starting a new term...if you were going in with intent to be pro liberty, would you want to be singled out before you even got there?

All I'm saying is, he may or may not be "like the rest of them." But he could as easily be keeping his mouth shut as to not bring unwanted attention his way.

Correct. The RP brand is damaged goods and if I was a freshly minted politician I'd keep my views to myself, instead of being burdened with an unnecessary label.

jcarcinogen
08-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Neocons like Cruz so that's enough for me to not like him.

kylejack
08-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Cruz is starting a new term...if you were going in with intent to be pro liberty, would you want to be singled out before you even got there?
Yes.

libertariantexas
08-29-2012, 12:56 PM

Yeah, my wife voted for him because Ron Paul supported him and because the other guy was worse (I couldn't vote in the primary because I'm running for office as a Libertarian).

Still, I don't think this guy has much in common with Ron Paul. I don't even think he's going to anywhere near as good as Rand Paul.

NIU Students for Liberty
08-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Correct. The RP brand is damaged goods and if I was a freshly minted politician I'd keep my views to myself, instead of being burdened with an unnecessary label.

You might as well change your name since Goldwater was also considered damaged goods in the eyes of the establishment.

kylejack
08-29-2012, 01:21 PM
You might as well change your name since Goldwater was also considered damaged goods in the eyes of the establishment.
Indeed. I would recommend AuH2O change names to Rockefeller.

The Dude
08-29-2012, 01:22 PM
This is a symptom of the liberty movement being so closely tied to the GOP. You should assume Republicans like Cruz are garbage until they prove otherwise or you're just going to be deceived into thinking they're a "liberty candidate".

sailingaway
08-29-2012, 01:26 PM

they haven't stopped us, it is just one stage in a process. Many more saw behind the curtain because of the bizarre and outrageous steps they took to block us at RNC.

Brian4Liberty
08-29-2012, 03:13 PM
This is a symptom of the liberty movement being so closely tied to the GOP. You should assume Republicans like Cruz are garbage until they prove otherwise or you're just going to be deceived into thinking they're a "liberty candidate".

Guilty until proven innocent?

kylejack
08-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Guilty until proven innocent?
Yes, I don't trust members of the government until they give me reason to.

AuH20
08-29-2012, 03:53 PM

Goldwater defeated the party establishment in an almost trench warfare like way and then got himself nominated as the republican presidential candidate in 1964. Ron Paul, despite being a shining example of fortitude never won a single Republican state primary despite multiple runs. If I had to marginalize Ron Paul publicly and not swear on oath of fealty to him publicly, I would do so, while advancing the greater cause.

Brett85
08-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Who cares. His voting record is all I care about.

mz10
08-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Who cares. His voting record is all I care about.

This.

kylejack
08-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Goldwater defeated the party establishment in an almost trench warfare like way and then got himself nominated as the republican presidential candidate in 1964. Ron Paul, despite being a shining example of fortitude never won a single Republican state primary despite multiple runs. If I had to marginalize Ron Paul publicly and not swear on oath of fealty to him publicly, I would do so, while advancing the greater cause.
Cruz already won the primary, and the general is a cakewalk. It's no longer necessary.

fr33
08-29-2012, 04:21 PM
We have liberty candidate opposing Cruz.

http://johnjaymyers.com/

kylejack
08-29-2012, 04:26 PM

So far this guy looks better than Cruz. I approve.

GeorgiaAvenger
08-29-2012, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't mess with it either. There is no upside whatsoever. At least I know he is smart.

QuickZ06
08-29-2012, 05:09 PM

Just got off the phone with him, he is the real deal.

Had a lol moment as well, when he answered the phone I said are you the man that is running to beat TOM Cruise lol, he was like I hope hes not running. Dang Tom was in a article on my screen and totally boggled my mind.

Anyways the guy is solid and will be getting my vote and money.

Okaloosa
08-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Ted Cruz was also scheduled to do a fundraiser with Rand Paul for the Iowa GOP. Given that the Iowa GOP is now manned by Ron Paul supporters the establishment is going to starve them out of money. So by Ted Cruz going to this after Ron Paul did it this Monday shows that he is onboard with Rand Paul and helping us out. So I expect although he will not be perfect Rand Paul has someone that he can work with and influence.

QuickZ06
08-29-2012, 05:28 PM
FYI Ted Cruz's wife Heidi is a vice president for Goldman Sachs.That should speak volumes and send red flags to any liberty lover.