PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Blitzer: GOP snubs Ron Paul (Interviews Rand)

green73
08-29-2012, 07:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6vj-JtHrZo&feature=youtu.be

ShaneEnochs
08-29-2012, 08:07 AM
So what is your tactic Rand?

Sematary
08-29-2012, 08:29 AM
It sounds to me like Rand is trying to walk a fine line. In order to be a significant piece in the future, he needs to "compromise" but he also needs to remain a libertarian Republican. If the concessions he are willing to make don't take away from the liberty movement and enhance our opportunities to gain the Whitehouse in the future then I'm certain that he believes he is doing the right thing and we won't know until the future unfolds.

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 08:31 AM
So Rand wants every senior in American to have the same health coverage as Congress-critters? Did I interpret that right?

Edit: Every senior.....

Sematary
08-29-2012, 08:33 AM
So Rand wants every American to have the same health coverage as Congress-critters? Did I interpret that right?

No. He said that the federal government could save a trillion dollars by giving every SENIOR CITIZEN (aka - retired person collecting medicaide/medicare) the same plan that Congress has. Not sure what that's all about.

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 08:38 AM
No. He said that the federal government could save a trillion dollars by giving every SENIOR CITIZEN (aka - retired person collecting medicaide/medicare) the same plan that Congress has. Not sure what that's all about.

Yeah, caught that during the second listen through. Thanks.

Sematary
08-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Yeah, caught that during the second listen through. Thanks.

I wonder how that would work? Need more details.... 100 Billion a year is nothing to sneeze at.

Sola_Fide
08-29-2012, 08:41 AM
So what is your tactic Rand?

I think its important that Rand said it was a difference in tactic and not a difference in the positions. And then he mentioned that he was going to challenge defense spending in his speech. That takes intestinal fortitude and leadership. In my view the only tactic I see is that he is actually going to win.

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 08:43 AM
I wonder how that would work? Need more details.... 100 Billion a year is nothing to sneeze at.

Here's some links that might help explain it...

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/health-care-for-members-of-congress/

http://www.opm.gov/INSURE/HEALTH/INDEX.ASP

Bastiat's The Law
08-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Placate the seniors and work to reform the system and allow young people to opt out perhaps? It would takes years, even decades to ween ourselves off of it, but might be the most sellable approach. I want to hear more.

LibertyEagle
08-29-2012, 08:51 AM

The thing that ran through my mind when he said it was that maybe he was trying to show Congress as they hypocrites they are. He knows it's all going to have to be cut and this would cause the illustrious Congress to share in those cuts.

ctiger2
08-29-2012, 08:53 AM
I think Rand has to tread lightly until after this election. Then, we'll see what he's really made of. It will either be time to get on board or dump him. He will let us know through his words and actions.

JK/SEA
08-29-2012, 09:57 AM
I think Rand has to tread lightly until after this election. Then, we'll see what he's really made of. It will either be time to get on board or dump him. He will let us know through his words and actions.

yep..pretty much where i'm at.

BTW..Wolf gets big brownie points with me defending Ron like that. Very honorable thing to do. Thankyou Mr. Blitzer.

HOLLYWOOD
08-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Fuck Wolf Biltzer's "I really like your dad..." Wolf had no problem pushing the knife into Ron's back and twisting it on the newsletters, even after the 2007-08 sabotage and all completely explained, Wolf and Communist News Network did it again repeatedly in 2011-12.

Don't ever forget Biltzer and the cast of criminals @ CNN don't like anything but paychecks and ratings to keep the money following to themselves. This false dialog of credibility and compasion on Wolf's behalf is 100% bullshit.

Completely boycott CNN/HLN forever

JK/SEA
08-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Fuck Wolf Biltzer's "I really like your dad..." Wolf had no problem pushing the knife into Ron's back on the newsletters, even after the 2007-08 sabotage and all completely explained, Wolf and Communist News Network did it again repeatedly in 2011-12.

Don't ever forget Biltzer and the cast of criminals @ CNN don't like anything but paychecks and ratings to keep the money following to themselves. This false dialog of credibility and compasion on Wolf's behalf is 100% bullshit.

point taken, however in the 'now' of TV news, the sheeple heard and saw, and Wolf validated what the GOP scum pulled at the convention. Don't take my warm and fuzzies towards Wolf as a sign that i'm not aware of CNN's treachery.

HOLLYWOOD
08-29-2012, 10:22 AM
point taken, however in the 'now' of TV news, the sheeple heard and saw, and Wolf validated what the GOP scum pulled at the convention. Don't take my warm and fuzzies towards Wolf as a sign that i'm not aware of CNN's treachery.Well I would like to see RON on CNN today, he just has to be careful with CNN's planned division of conservatives/right. As Michael Schueuer abided in his interview to the CNN puppets "they carry the water for Obama".

08-29-2012, 10:39 AM
It sounds to me like Rand is trying to walk a fine line.

He is and he's doing well with it. When Romney loses he can stop the games.

Fuck Wolf Biltzer's "I really like your dad..." Wolf had no problem pushing the knife into Ron's back and twisting it on the newsletters

That wasn't Blitzer it was Borger. Hannity backstabbed Ron worse than CNN really.

The Gold Standard
08-29-2012, 10:40 AM

No, he said that's what he would do. How's that for liberty. More wealth redistribution at gunpoint.

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 10:56 AM
No, he said that's what he would do. How's that for liberty. More wealth redistribution at gunpoint.

Even Ron Paul's plan did not call for just ending these programs. Even though I understand your view less wealth redistribution is better than the same or more.

HOLLYWOOD
08-29-2012, 11:00 AM
He is and he's doing well with it. When Romney loses he can stop the games.

That wasn't Blitzer it was Borger. Hannity backstabbed Ron worse than CNN really.No, Wolf Biltzer did bring it up multiple times in Ron's president runs '08 & '12... The Borger/CNN nonsense was just an added hit with the enhanced BS film edited nonsense.

Edward
08-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Wolf Blitzer asked: "Was that appropriate to tell someone like Ron Paul, 'You can speak but we will edit… we will make sure that what you say is something we want to hear'?" All Rand had to say was, "no, it was not appropriate" or just even "no", but he didn't. Consider this foreshadowing. Those who think the GOP will be different with Rand as a major player are fooling themselves.

wayzupusc
08-29-2012, 12:39 PM
I just hope upon hope there is something going on behind the scenes and that Rand really hasn't sold out like it sounds like he has. I about stopped watching the video when he rebuked Wolf on the GOP not letting Ron Paul speak because he wouldn't give Romney his endorsement. I mean, c'mon...this is Rand's father, he knows him as well as anyone & knows he's not going to say something he doesn't mean or endorse a man he knows doesn't believe will do what is necessary to fix many of our problems. To Ron, that would be akin to lying I believe, and Rand has to know that...the man hasn't changed in 30+ years, you think he's going to change/compromise for Mitt Romney???

And where was all this love of Ron Paul from Wolf back when the primaries were going on? He was just as much a part of marginalizing Dr. Paul as any of the talking heads in the entertainment news industry...maybe not as bad as some but he was right there with 'em, including the debates.

Smitty
08-29-2012, 01:45 PM
There's probably somebody in the world with less dignity than Rand Paul,...but I've never met them.

coffeewithchess
08-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Wolf Blitzer asked: "Was that appropriate to tell someone like Ron Paul, 'You can speak but we will edit… we will make sure that what you say is something we want to hear'?" All Rand had to say was, "no, it was not appropriate" or just even "no", but he didn't. Consider this foreshadowing. Those who think the GOP will be different with Rand as a major player are fooling themselves.

He should have answered, "No more appropriate than CNN's trash reporting and hit piece on my father before the Iowa Caucus that you aired."

coffeewithchess
08-29-2012, 01:50 PM
yep..pretty much where i'm at.

BTW..Wolf gets big brownie points with me defending Ron like that. Very honorable thing to do. Thankyou Mr. Blitzer.

Don't forget the past. They will talk kindly after the election/voting, before...lucky if they talked about you at all, and were honest when doing so. After the problem has passed though, "Ohhh, he was SUCH a great candidate!"

michaelwise
08-29-2012, 02:09 PM
The complete and total economic collapse of the USA is already a 100% mathematical certainty. It's simple math.

blazeKing
08-29-2012, 03:07 PM
I never understood the Rand hate. He is a Republican senator. He has to work with Republicans and make friends to get things done. How is him attacking the party and attacking the RNC, attacking Romney or his colleagues going to win others over to him? How is trashing the party and going his own way going to help him get things done or eventually gather support to become President? If he did what some here want him to do, his money would dry up, his support would dry up, he would have no political future. He's walking a tight line because he has to. He's a member of a 100 person senate, not a 500 person house. You don't kiss a little establishment butt, you're going no where. I'm impressed with how he has handled things and remained mostly true to his beliefs. He's the best we have in the Senate.

Smitty
08-29-2012, 03:20 PM
You don't kiss a little establishment butt, you're going no where.

Some of us want to inhabit a political organization that isn't driven by ass kissin'.

It indeed may be too much to hope for,...but if it is, I'll accept being apolitical over being an ass kisser.

Dignity has a price.

I'll pay it.

I wish Rand would.

jbauer
08-29-2012, 03:20 PM
So will his (Rand's) speech be editited?

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 03:21 PM
So will his (Rand's) speech be editited?

I'm 100% sure it was pre-approved.

blazeKing
08-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Some of us want to inhabit a political organization that isn't driven by ass kissin'.

It indeed may be too much to hope for,...but if it is, I'll accept being apolitical over being an ass kisser.

Dignity has a price.

I'll pay it.

I wish Rand would.

I wish a new party headed by Ron and Rand would start that garnered enough support to threaten the other two parties. But it's not happening right now. Things aren't bad enough. Rand has to work with Republicans and yes establishment Republicans. Dignity has a price. So does losing power and having no one in politics with many of our beliefs.

Rand can't be some superman and do whatever he wants and be the lone wolf that saves America. He actually does have to work with others and with senior Republicans who have more power than he does in the party.

phill4paul
08-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Rand can't be some superman and do whatever he wants and be the lone wolf that saves America. He actually does have to work with others and with senior Republicans who have more power than he does in the party.

I dunno. His dad has come pretty far. Just in the last 10 years. He came this far because Americans, some, are starting to get it. He also came this far because of one overriding quality. Integrity. Rand will have to be careful to hold that close to heart. Integrity is what will make or break him. Just like Ron. IMHO.

Working Poor
08-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Fuck Wolf Biltzer's "I really like your dad..." Wolf had no problem pushing the knife into Ron's back and twisting it on the newsletters, even after the 2007-08 sabotage and all completely explained, Wolf and Communist News Network did it again repeatedly in 2011-12.

Yep

rpwi
08-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Oh wow...Wolf Blitzer came off sounding WAY more intelligent and principled than Rand Paul :eek:

Something is...off with Rand's responses.

Indy Vidual
08-29-2012, 04:18 PM
I never understood the Rand hate. He is a Republican senator. He has to work with Republicans and make friends to get things done. How is him attacking the party and attacking the RNC, attacking Romney or his colleagues going to win others over to him? How is trashing the party and going his own way going to help him get things done or eventually gather support to become President? If he did what some here want him to do, his money would dry up, his support would dry up, he would have no political future. He's walking a tight line because he has to. He's a member of a 100 person senate, not a 500 person house. You don't kiss a little establishment butt, you're going no where. I'm impressed with how he has handled things and remained mostly true to his beliefs. He's the best we have in the Senate.

+1
Reality check

Mini-Me
08-29-2012, 04:20 PM
The complete and total economic collapse of the USA is already a 100% mathematical certainty. It's simple math.

No, it's not...not yet. Ron Paul's budget plan could have easily prevented collapse if adopted, and it wasn't even that extreme. It was actually a pretty moderate and painless budget plan that cut all of the fat from all the right places without demanding harsh sacrifices from anyone in terms of taxes or entitlement cuts...and it would have worked. Four years from now, a similar but marginally tighter budget could work. Collapse might happen at any moment, but it's not a strict mathematical certainty until the annual interest payments on the debt exceed GDP...or at least when they exceed GDP minus basic living costs. Barring unprecedented spending increases, we likely still have some time before it's truly too late. The real obstacle isn't math, it's people.

As far as Rand is concerned, he definitely walks a fine line with his rhetoric and pulls his punches, but we've known for a long time how he works, so I don't see anything productive coming from continually calling him a corrupt, undignified scumbag traitor over the same old thing. I could be mistaken, but I do not think he seriously holds any real trust for other politicians. Instead, I believe he takes his signature understated and "diplomatic" approach to avoid giving Fox News ammunition for later...I'd be a lot more confrontational about things personally, but I can understand where he's coming from as well, and only time will tell how it plays out. Meanwhile, I'll judge him by his record, which to my knowledge is the best a Senator has ever had since - and possibly including - the days of the Founders.

Occam's Banana
08-29-2012, 04:24 PM
He will let us know through his words and actions.

His actions are all I give a damn about. He can say whatever the hell he pleases.

For time out of mind we've had sunshine blown up our anatomies by braying jackasses who told us what we wanted to hear.

What did it ever get us?

And now we've got a man who DOESN'T tell us what we want to hear - but who DOES what we want him to do.

And all a lot of us can do is bitch & moan about the words he is or isn't saying!?!?

Oh, irony of ironies!!

All Rand had to say was, "no, it was not appropriate" or just even "no", but he didn't. Consider this foreshadowing. Those who think the GOP will be different with Rand as a major player are fooling themselves.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So long as he continues to (1) fight *for* things like sane fiscal policy, preservation of civil liberties, Audit the Fed, Congressional Declaration of War, Audit the Pentagon, etc. etc. etc., and (2) fight *against* things like the TSA, SOPA, CISPA, NDAA, the PATRIOT Act, etc. etc. etc., well, then, Rand could French-kiss Romney & declare him to be the swellest, grandest fellow since Jesus Christ Almighty, for all I care.

KramerDSP
08-29-2012, 04:43 PM
It's interesting. The Ron Paul strategy is to tell the truth, 100% unfiltered, at all times, even when it is not politically opportune for him to do so. The Rand Paul strategy is to be much more subtle until he actually enters the office of the Presidency and then be gung ho (at least I hope it is).

Someone commented in another thread that Rand Paul could be the greatest boon or the greatest threat to the elites in years and that even the Ron Paul supporters have no real idea of where exactly Rand ends up in the history books. It's fascinating.

rpwi
08-29-2012, 05:51 PM
I like the direct principled method of Ron over Rand (assuming Rand is a sleeper agent for liberty, which I don't think he is).

Does Ron have a lot of direct political power? No...but look at the support he's gotten and attention he has focused on key issues. Wolf Blitzer is just the tip of the iceberg..who would have thought he would be talking about how wonderful Ron was on TV?? Wolf was even talking about cuts to military spending...these are huge and indirect benifits from Ron Paul's campaign.

Rand on the other hand, is all about power and protocol. 20 years from now, he won't be remembered...what is he doing now to make a difference? Voting against liberty causes with the hope that this will win more support in this way, get more political power and then vote against these same issues? It doesn't work this way.

Lasting change comes from changing the hearts and minds of the population, which Ron is doing, but Rand is not.

Philosophy_of_Politics
08-29-2012, 06:03 PM
People seriously can't figure out what Rand is doing? Rand is playing politics in order to remain viable to Neocons. He's playing the rogue position. He's telling the establishment one thing, but his legislative records will be the other.

coffeewithchess
08-29-2012, 06:10 PM
People seriously can't figure out what Rand is doing? Rand is playing politics in order to remain viable to Neocons. He's playing the rogue position. He's telling the establishment one thing, but his legislative records will be the other.

And we're supposed to believe the "Neocons" are just dumb, ignorant, and stupid...and will allow somebody like Rand to walk into the White House without a fight, without being totally destroyed (one or the other)? I don't follow this line of "Rand is just doing it because he has to do it." line of thinking.

Mini-Me
08-29-2012, 06:30 PM
And we're supposed to believe the "Neocons" are just dumb, ignorant, and stupid...and will allow somebody like Rand to walk into the White House without a fight, without being totally destroyed (one or the other)? I don't follow this line of "Rand is just doing it because he has to do it." line of thinking.

No, we're not supposed to believe that at all, and that's not what's going to happen. That's the thing: In this particular area, the ruling neocons are smarter than some of us. They're evil and calculating, not stupid. They know very well that Rand is their enemy, but some of us cannot see it, because our own judgment is being too clouded by our emotional trust issues and the expectations Ron set with his particular style. We've come to mistakenly think that Ron's style is the only possible way to go. (Personally I prefer Ron, but Rand's style is valid as well.) They threw everything they had at Rand with Trey Grayson, and they'll throw everything they can at him when he runs for President as well.

Rand is dancing on a tightrope in terms of his image, and the establishment knows it, so they passive-aggressively goad him and push his limits on party loyalty so he falls off the rope and alienates a voting bloc he needs: On one hand, if they push him to lose his poise and say something "anti-Republican" enough, they can replay it fifty times in a row on Fox News for a Republican audience a few years from now. On the other hand, if he plays it TOO cool, it will further inflame our own trust issues, which they hope will cut him off from his key grassroots support base.

The bottom line is that the ruling elite are sociopaths who treat the world like their grand chessboard, and they've been at it for a very long time. They're smart, and they're manipulative, and they know that Rand is their enemy. Rand's tightrope act is not meant to fool the ruling elite; it's meant to make garden variety Republicans comfortable with him despite his almost 100% pro-liberty record (with the exception of Iran sanctions). He's playing chess as well, except on our behalf. I just wish more of us realized it, because Rand has made some blunders that have pushed him too far to one side of his tightrope. Our perennial mistrust and collective inability to see what's going on is giving the establishment the power to emotionally manipulate us into sacrificing a useful ally...and that's a shame. Rand has chosen a difficult path, but I think he underestimated just how difficult it would be, because he didn't (perhaps still doesn't) fully appreciate our trust issues.